Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "you-owe-me" attitude is there, but my guess is not because of what happened to her. And regarding the "I'm not good at this stuff" thing, well, just because she was the sole survivor of a shooing, she could have said at least two words of consolation to the poor guy. And then out of nowhere comes the Monologue of Doom. I imagined her sitting on a couch sipping on some coffee and waiting for Danny to come to her door crying and saying: "All-knowing-Lindsay, please help me get through this". Now on a more serious note, her behaviour in the second part of the season isn't really justified. She was mad at him because he missed a lunch with her, and because he didn't grieve next to her. Lindsay still has no idea about Danny sleeping with Rikki. Even if she did, from where I am standing they weren't in a relationship, but I do smell whiny and emo behaviour from her when she will find out.

I think she just has a sense of entitlement that is downright obnoxious. She's too good to do lab work in "Manhattan Manhunt." Her theory is beyond reproach in "People with Money." She doesn't owe Danny an explanation for accepting a date with him and then just not showing up on "Love Run Cold." She doesn't owe Stella an explanation for leaving the crime scene in "Silent Night."

One of my biggest problems with Lindsay is what an unpleasant person she is. She's just not nice. And not in a way like House is--where it's got a reason behind it and he's often trying to make a point or just be blunt with the way he is/the way he's getting things across. And also, House is the first person to admit he's an ass. With Lindsay, she clearly doesn't think she's a jerk or care about being that way. When she had her "I'm not good at this kind of thing" moment with Mac, she said that to him, and then just left it. She never even tried to approach Danny. To me that shows an astronomical lack of care.

i don't belive a word she's saying - i'm not telling anna is a bad actor, but she's bad being lindsay. it's like she memorizes the lines and reads them with not a bit of passion

i get a feeling she's trying to be the best, the way she's approching mac and stella, with whatever she found out, is really weird and the look on her face when one of them tells her that's not enough - i love it :D

i don't belive a word she's saying - i'm not telling anna is a bad actor, but she's bad being lindsay. it's like she memorizes the lines and reads them with not a bit of passion

Yeah, that's my problem with her, too--she's just so unnatural. You can tell in a lot of her scenes she's reading from the script as opposed to really becoming the character and being convincing in the way she needs to be.

miss_blue said:
The "you-owe-me" attitude is there, but my guess is not because of what happened to her.

In other words, she has no excuse whatsoever for her behavior. :lol: There goes that theory!

I imagined her sitting on a couch sipping on some coffee and waiting for Danny to come to her door crying and saying: "All-knowing-Lindsay, please help me get through this".

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: I'm very certain there are people out there who've thought of such a scenario and consider it 'right/good'. :rolleyes:

Now on a more serious note, her behaviour in the second part of the season isn't really justified. She was mad at him because he missed a lunch with her, and because he didn't grieve next to her. Lindsay still has no idea about Danny sleeping with Rikki. Even if she did, from where I am standing they weren't in a relationship, but I do smell whiny and emo behaviour from her when she will find out.

:lol: Whiny and emo would be understatements of the year in describing Lindsay's upcoming reaction to Danny having slept with Rikki (and seeing her again). But since she's the one who insists on getting over things and moving on, it's possible she may not throw as big a fit as people may expect ... but I won't count on it until I see it for myself on screen.

Top41 said:
One of my biggest problems with Lindsay is what an unpleasant person she is. She's just not nice. And not in a way like House is--where it's got a reason behind it and he's often trying to make a point or just be blunt with the way he is/the way he's getting things across. And also, House is the first person to admit he's an ass. With Lindsay, she clearly doesn't think she's a jerk or care about being that way.

So much word. House is definitely a blunt and mean SOB but he's honest about it. I love that guy and his straightforwardness. Heck, people around him love him even knowing what a meanie he is. :lol: It's the ... hypocrisy of Lindsay acting so unpleasantly and yet getting away with it every time, to the point even Mac closes an eye, that grates. It's unrealistic, very difficult to believe, and on a show that prides itself on realism ... yeah, it sticks out like a sore thumb and removes a lot of credibility.

When she had her "I'm not good at this kind of thing" moment with Mac, she said that to him, and then just left it. She never even tried to approach Danny. To me that shows an astronomical lack of care.

Yep, and that's exactly why her Monologue of Doom later came off as extremely self-centered and makes you wanna go: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I must say her calling herself a 'shallow, clingy girlfriend' was hilarious though. For once, she was bang on the money about herself!

dopebabygirl said:
i get a feeling she's trying to be the best, the way she's approching mac and stella, with whatever she found out, is really weird and the look on her face when one of them tells her that's not enough - i love it :D

Ahahahah, I know which scene you're referring to! It's in episode 4x02, right? It's about the one time so far Mac and Stella have ever mocked her to her face that she's 'not all that'. Her, "Huh? What do you mean I'm not as good as I think I am?" face was what made that scene go from, "Ha ha!" to "... wow, she really does think she's all that, doesn't she? :wtf:"

Yeah, that's my problem with her, too--she's just so unnatural. You can tell in a lot of her scenes she's reading from the script as opposed to really becoming the character and being convincing in the way she needs to be.

Yet she acts like she's "all of that and a bag of chips" in her interviews. That's what floors me about the acting. I was so unconvinced that she was upset in "Silent Night." I thought the crying was just....bad. The only time I am really convinced of anything is when she's put out. That's sad, but true.

And speaking of being put out and having that "You Owe Me" Attitude. I so totally agree. She thinks that the whole world should revolve around her. Danny should come to her on her terms, because she just isn't good at that kind of stuff, she doesn't owe Stella an explanation for running away from a crime scene, she can leave evidence out WHILE THE LAB IS BEING RE-ACREDDITED, Stand someone up on a date, talk back to her boss, and not have to face the consequences.

:lol: Whiny and emo would be understatements of the year in describing Lindsay's upcoming reaction to Danny having slept with Rikki (and seeing her again). But since she's the one who insists on getting over things and moving on, it's possible she may not throw as big a fit as people may expect ... but I won't count on it until I see it for myself on screen.

Yeah. I cannot wait for that one. I hope she gets major upset, and throws a hissy fit where she says something really nasty about Rikki. Then, I hope Danny tells Lindsay where to go and what she can do when she gets there. And not be sorry about it afterwards. You saw what he did to Ollie Barnes. I honestly hope he doesn't hit her, and I don't think he would, but I'd love to see him tell her off for good. It's about damn time someone did.

So much word. House is definitely a blunt and mean SOB but he's honest about it. I love that guy and his straightforwardness. Heck, people around him love him even knowing what a meanie he is. :lol: It's the ... hypocrisy of Lindsay acting so unpleasantly and yet getting away with it every time, to the point even Mac closes an eye, that grates. It's unrealistic, very difficult to believe, and on a show that prides itself on realism ... yeah, it sticks out like a sore thumb and removes a lot of credibility.

It so does. See above about me wanting someone to tell her off and call her out on her actions. There's a difference between someone being abrasive and blunt and being a hyporcrite. Methinks Lindsay is the latter, and it gets annoying. Especially because she gets a free pass. That no one else would.

Also, yeah, whatever happened to her PTSD, it seems to mysteriously come and go. I know that PTSD can have many different triggers like a sight, a smell, a song on the radio, grieving mothers, etc, but the way hers has come and gone is just....unrealistic.

It so does. See above about me wanting someone to tell her off and call her out on her actions. There's a difference between someone being abrasive and blunt and being a hyporcrite. Methinks Lindsay is the latter, and it gets annoying. Especially because she gets a free pass. That no one else would.

That would work great as a scene in which viewers everywhere can watch Danny reclaim his status as a man. I'd love for something like that to turn him back into the quick mouthed, ballsy little sod he used to be. God, I'd love to see him reacquire a bit of that spark that made me fall in love with the character...

*sigh* Lindsay's such a vampire. Draining Danny's awesomeness. :(

Last edited:
i'm gonna be so happy when they kill her or get rid of her. what lindsay does is actually not that bad, the acting of anna is just not convincing. I'm mean the writers do a good job just anna doesn't :D

i can'tm belive why they're keeping her that long don't they say she sucks as lindsay?

i'm gonna be so happy when they kill her or get rid of her. what lindsay does is actually not that bad, the acting of anna is just not convincing. I'm mean the writers do a good job just anna doesn't :D

i can'tm belive why they're keeping her that long don't they say she sucks as lindsay?

Not in so many words, but I've read and watched several interviews with people in the CSI:NY cast, and they have nothing to say about Anna Belknap herself other than she's a nice person. I think that's just a polite way of saying she sucks as an actress.

BTW, I have a habit of watching stuff on VH1 late at night when they actually play music, and I found this song by a group called Little Jackie called "The World Should Revolve Around Me." It's so Lindsay Monroe that it's not even Funny.

The World Should Revolve Around Me

I take it in stride
One day at a time
If I ask no questions I'll hear no lies
How come blessings only come in disguise?
Try them on for size as I vocalize
Ain't nothing gonna get in between me and my flow
Ain't' nothing gonna come between me and my afro
My man just left me
What do ya know?
Easy come
Easy go!

He came out of the blue
And went right back into it
Had to forfeit because he couldn't get with it
Called it quits and when it spins
He said he didn't have time for my juvenile bullshit

I've had a lot of failed relationships
I don't get involved because I'm not equipped
I believe that the world should revolve around me!
I don't see the point in a partnership
It won't be long until they start to trip
Yessiree, the whole world should revolve around me!

There's only one me in the galaxy
I am an endangered species
This kind of flower don't grow on Earth
Just lettin' you know for what it's worth

This kind of knowledge shouldn't (Could) cause a depression
So I bide my time with philosophical questions
Not for nothing but what came first
The chicken nugget or the egg mcmuffin?

I got talent and I got tits (wits?)
I know I'll find another guy who wants to get with it
I'm not convinced that I'm a big fat bore
One man's pleasure is another man's chore

I know I rock and what I got is hot
And you know I got a lot
Cause all that trippin you gotta stop
Before you know it your ass'll be drop

And if you turn with my biological clock
Since I never grow old my heart is always in stock
Keep doin'[?/b] Screwing that bitch from down the block
I don't need you around I know I rock!

Now is that Lindsay or what?

Last edited:
^ :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

That is unbelievably Lindsay, alright! The following lines fit her straight down to a freakin' tee!

He came out of the blue

Extreme denial? Check. Bloated ego stemming from extreme delusion and self-centeredness? Check. Illogical rationalizations to assuage her hurt pride? Check. Trying way too hard? Check.

^ :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

That is unbelievably Lindsay, alright! The following lines fit her straight down to a freakin' tee!

He came out of the blue

Extreme denial? Check. Bloated ego stemming from extreme delusion and self-centeredness? Check. Illogical rationalizations to assuage her hurt pride? Check. Trying way too hard? Check.

And don't forget

I'm not convinced that I'm a big fat bore
One man's pleasure is another man's chore
I am an endangered species
This kind of flower don't grow on Earth
Just lettin' you know for what it's worth

Those lines also speak to the bloated ego stemming from exreme delusion and self centeredness. It's like straight up acknowledgin that she's a "special little snowflake" that the rules don't apply to. I'll hold off on the "Screwing the bitch from down the block" mainly because Lindsay doesn't know about Rikki....Yet.

everyone says she's a nice person? I mean nothing else??? just a nice person???

are those interviews on youtube??? I have to wacht them :D

Not in so many words, but I've read and watched several interviews with people in the CSI:NY cast, and they have nothing to say about Anna Belknap herself other than she's a nice person. I think that's just a polite way of saying she sucks as an actress.

Guys, let's veer away from speculation about what her fellow cast members think about her acting. As no one here is a mind reader, I don't think we could fairly guess at that, and it's not really our place to do so.

I definitely agree that Lindsay's obnoxious attitude that she can do no wrong and just expects people to accommodate her or whatever is really incredibly distasteful. I was floored in "Silent Night" when Stella reached out to her as a friend despite her unprofessional behavior and Lindsay's response was a childish, "Leave me alone!" The character is so unappealing and unlikable that it amazes me. I can't believe we're supposed to buy that her co-workers like her and find her "sweet" because she's anything but.

I definitely agree that Lindsay's obnoxious attitude that she can do no wrong and just expects people to accommodate her or whatever is really incredibly distasteful. I was floored in "Silent Night" when Stella reached out to her as a friend despite her unprofessional behavior and Lindsay's response was a childish, "Leave me alone!" The character is so unappealing and unlikable that it amazes me. I can't believe we're supposed to buy that her co-workers like her and find her "sweet" because she's anything but.

Shytownmofo: That song perfectly describe Lindsay in a nutshell..:guffaw::guffaw:

I was floored aswell by that scene, Stella was trying to comfort her by asking her what wrong and then Lindsay childlike behaviour rubbed me the wrong way.
I can't really believe that Lindsay sould suppose to be nice .
She is everything but nice and Anna doesn't have the skills to play that or she might be bored out of her mind.
Everytime when I see her on screen she come of flat and emotionless even in some of her interviews she comes across that she isn't intressed in her characters development.
And that in contrass of the rest of the CSI NY cast

Shytownmofo: That song perfectly describe Lindsay in a nutshell..:guffaw::guffaw:

I was floored aswell by that scene, Stella was trying to comfort her by asking her what wrong and then Lindsay childlike behaviour rubbed me the wrong way.
I can't really believe that Lindsay sould suppose to be nice .
She is everything but nice and Anna doesn't have the skills to play that or she might be bored out of her mind.
Everytime when I see her on screen she come of flat and emotionless even in some of her interviews she comes across that she isn't intressed in her characters development.
And that in contrass of the rest of the CSI NY cast

What gets me is that she does this stuff, but she never gets called out on it. The later scene with Stella in "Silent Night" where she starts bellowing like a calf in the moonlight, and then Stella gives her a free pass, The scene with the evidence in "LWfM" where Mac gives her a free pass. It gets old bringing it up, but she has this attitude because she doesn't get taken to task over it. People treat her like she is some sort of princess, which is so undeserved. If it were anyone else doing these little demonstrations, arguing that their theory is absolutely beyond reproach, they'd get creamed. Yet Lindsay doesn't. That's the most irksome thing. She believes the whole world should revolve around her, and she DOES get that treatment, so...she doesn't change her ways. Frustrating, especially because other characters around her suffer for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back