Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PerfectAnomaly said:
This whole mess could've been avoided if Danny had just taken that approach. Damn you, Messer! :p
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you again for the laugh!

After that, the first thing she says about what happened between them is, "I dreamt that I woke up and you were gone. You left a note." And Danny's response is, "Where would I go? This is my place." I highly doubt TPTB knew where Danny and Lindsay were going when that was written, but it ends up being very telling. I mean most guys would've jumped off the pool table and ran screaming and naked from the apartment regardless of it being their place if the woman they slept with said that right from the get go. It just shows that from the start these two have never been on the same page.
I wholly agree with all that. The instant I heard the dialogue, I figured it was foreshadowing, especially the part where she said 'she dreamed he was gone'. Now I'm laughing because it's so clingy and yet, in her Monologue of Doom, she actually tells Danny off for 'reducing her to a shallow, clingy girlfriend'.:guffaw: Such irony.

It also seems like Lindsay expected him to know exactly what she wanted from the get go, like read her mind and give her answers she wants to hear, instead of, "Where would I go? This is my place." I remember the way her expression kinda fell after he said that.:guffaw: Truly, they were never on the same page from the start until now, even.

Wow, Lindsay just proved her childishness yet again. She left the evidence on the table and expected Danny to put it away while she was having her "meltdown". WTF? And then she tells Mac that she and Danny were involved and how big of a mistake it was. Um...yeah. That's just plain bitchy. I don't care how much you're hurting, that's low. Especially when he's hurting more. Her narcissism never ceases to amaze.

I don't understand why she got all 'this is hard' and walked off after he suggested they rent a movie--dude, friends can rent movies. Are you going to make things awkward and try to avoid him forever, or are you actually going to try to get over it?

Mac's comment that she tries to put up a brave front (or whatever it was he said) was laughable--Lindsay is transparent in her I-have-ants-in-my-pants way.

Wow, Lindsay just proved her childishness yet again. She left the evidence on the table and expected Danny to put it away while she was having her "meltdown". WTF? And then she tells Mac that she and Danny were involved and how big of a mistake it was. Um...yeah. That's just plain bitchy. I don't care how much you're hurting, that's low. Especially when he's hurting more. Her narcissism never ceases to amaze.

Oh my god, she didn't? :eek:

The subtitle gods really need to hurry up and provide...

Now that it's aired on the west coast...

I don't think it was that she expected Danny to put the evidence away, she just didn't think about it and used the lame excuse that she was sure Danny would take care of it--then she flat-out admitted that it was a lame excuse. I didn't hear everything that was said at the end of her conversation with Mac, so I can't comment on that until I've watched it again.

At fist I thought my mind had been playing tricks on me when I heard "This is hard" right before she walked off. I had to laugh. But then I realized that's what she actually said. Don't get me wrong I still laughed. :lol:

I swear I was half expecting her to plop herself down on the floor, cross her arms and pout after that line. It just really reminded me of something a child would say.

While Lindsay's reaction wasn't particularly professional after she and Danny had their exchange, it didn't irk me as much as the scene where she climbed in the trunk of the car. Again, she came across as just trying to show off with her actions and in the tone of her voice. I think it would have been better just to tell Mac what she meant -- she didn't have to get in the trunk. Plus, once they were at the car and she talked about the luminescence and cars, I knew immediately where they were going and it seems like Mac would have too. Ya know?

Also, and I know this is shallow and, of course, others probably feel different, but that hairstyle does her no favors. It just isn't flattering.

While Lindsay's reaction wasn't particularly professional after she and Danny had their exchange, it didn't irk me as much as the scene where she climbed in the trunk of the car. Again, she came across as just trying to show off with her actions and in the tone of her voice. I think it would have been better just to tell Mac what she meant -- she didn't have to get in the trunk.

:lol: No kidding. Just tell him what you think happened without getting in the trunk. Mac didn't look convinced by it either. I'm not personally a fan of 'show off' Lindsay, especially when Mac and Stella try and play that it's cute and 'worth it' as they have in the past. :p

I found her exchange with Danny very odd. It started out friendly enough, and then she 'turned' on him. As people have said before about Lindsay, it's the inconsistency and lack of explanation for her behaviour that is the problem. Her behaviour was basically inconsistent with the rest of the scene, and didn't really make much sense other than to provide the basis for her to leave evidence unattended.

As for her poor excuses when Mac asked her about it. Simply not acceptable. Leaving out evidence, and at no point going back to check on it, whilst the lab is being accredited? I kind of think that it makes sense for her and Danny not to work together if she can't be trusted to be professional. :rolleyes: Lindsay was not painted in a good light during this episode...

:lol: No kidding. Just tell him what you think happened without getting in the trunk. Mac didn't look convinced by it either. I'm not personally a fan of 'show off' Lindsay, especially when Mac and Stella try and play that it's cute and 'worth it' as they have in the past. :p

I find that behaviour from her annoying. But I find it even more annoying, and frankly unbelievable based on everything else that we know about Mac as a character, that he buys into to it and even puts up with her antics.

I found her exchange with Danny very odd. It started out friendly enough, and then she 'turned' on him. As people have said before about Lindsay, it's the inconsistency and lack of explanation for her behaviour that is the problem. Her behaviour was basically inconsistent with the rest of the scene, and didn't really make much sense other than to provide the basis for her to leave evidence unattended.

Indeed. Given the tone of the rest of the scene, it seemed almost unbelievable that she would have gone down that route. I don't know whether to put that down to writing, delivery or both. Because as much as there probably is a criticism in there about how it was played, you can only do so much with a scene that sucks from a writing standpoint.

Totally a means to an end.

As for her poor excuses when Mac asked her about it. Simply not acceptable. Leaving out evidence, and at no point going back to check on it, whilst the lab is being accredited? I kind of think that it makes sense for her and Danny not to work together if she can't be trusted to be professional. :rolleyes: Lindsay was not painted in a good light during this episode...

I'd have liked to have seen Mac call her on it more publicly to be honest. It almost seemed like he waited until they were alone with the car to talk to her. He doesn't seem to have any compunction about delivering a good reaming to other CSIs in public view - Sheldon being a good example, though Sheldon had no issue with delivering a feisty retort.
The fact that she tried to shove the blame off on Danny, even for a second, just stunk and was even more unprofessional than the original act. After this, I would like to see them kept separate from each other when working for a while. The fact that she can't keep her mind on her work because of a personal issue is one thing - but trying to get someone else into trouble for a mistake you made should raise a big fat red light to Mac that he needs to protect Danny from any further 'mishaps' she might try and lay off on him.

I think her storming off on Danny in the lab was pretty darn in character for what we've seen from her. She's immature and she puts herself first and she's big into storming off. :lol: What Lindsay really needs is to grow up.

I was annoyed when she tried to dump the mess in Danny's lap when talking to Mac, but I am glad she caught herself and stopped. I think part of that was knowing that Mac wasn't going to buy that kind of excuse, but still, it's shitty. She's basically going for the "woe is me"/blame Danny route, and thankfully Mac doesn't bite. The whole "I never should have gotten involved with someone I work with" screams "Poor me, I've been so wronged!" :rolleyes:

I don't think she's wrong for talking about her personal life in the lab--they all do that. But she's unprofessional in a much more detrimental way--she's stormed out of crime scenes, interrogations and now left evidence unattended. I wish someone would just fire her already because she doesn't deserve to work at the lab.

I don't think she's wrong for talking about her personal life in the lab--they all do that. But she's unprofessional in a much more detrimental way--she's stormed out of crime scenes, interrogations and now left evidence unattended. I wish someone would just fire her already because she doesn't deserve to work at the lab.

Amen. It isn't the fact that she brings up her personal life in the lab, its how she reacts to it and behaves at the lab in result of it. If anyone in the real world had behaved as she does--leaving evidence alone, storming off of crime scenes, etc.--they'd be fired, or at least be reprimanded. Except for the most recent ep, neither one has been done to her. Danny got completely chewed out for simply pursuing a case in Crimes and Misdemeanors that Mac deemed finished, and Lindsay doesn't even get a slap on the wrist for blowing Stella off and running off the job in Silent Night. I really don't get why she's been given a pass on everything going on before last night's ep.

^Agreed. Lindsay getting a pass doesn't sit right with me, especially when other characters have been bitched out for less. I was a little irritated Mac didn't come down a little harder on her, especially after she tried to throw the mess in Danny's lap. I guess it's good she backtracked and admitted that was a lame excuse, but ugh, it's hard to like her when she acts like such an immature child and not a professional.

Or dear Lord! I have seen the episode and I was aiming with a slingshot at the screen. The word "professional" seems to have vanished from her vocabulary. The exchange between her and Danny was horrible, horrible. The accent part was so strange and I was wondering who the hell I was watching. Danny annoyed me those few seconds, like he never-ever did. Lindsay on the other hand, she was annoying the whole time.
The excuses, the talk she had with Mac, and I totally agree with you guys when you said that she was given a pass that easy. Quick flashback to season 3: Mac very furious on Adam, screams and shouts at him because Adam didn't talk to him about evidence. Season 3: Mac screaming and embarrassing Hawkes in front of the entire lab and Lindsay for not saying that he knew the victim. All Seasons: Mac being very very cautious with evidence and reminding people to stick to evidence. Hmm... "I'm worried about you" Yes, we're worried about you too Mac. How long will we be subjected to this insanity? Mac changed for Lindsay? Excuse me for not buying that. *sigh* *calms down now*

ETA: Why the hell did she get in that trunk in the first place? Couldn't she just showed Mac the white thingy?

Last edited:
ETA: Why the hell did she get in that trunk in the first place? Couldn't she just showed Mac the white thingy?

Don't you know? Her demonstrations are a part of her sweet, Montana, country girl charm. None of the NYers do that, so it lightens up the show and shows how being from Bozeman has made her take a different approach to her work.

:rolleyes: :wtf: :p

miss_blue said:

The accent part was so strange and I was wondering who the hell I was watching.
The accent thing was apparently imitating some guy from "Jaws", which I have never seen, so that scene didn't hit the nostalgia button for me or anything.

(Yes, I know, 'WHO HASN'T SEEN JAWS?!' Me, that's who. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing. :p)

Lindsay's accent was appropriately bad for the scene if Danny's accent was 'right' when he did it, but other than that it was just me sitting there like :vulcan:.

So yeah, it didn't really bother me, but it didn't make me think 'oh, how cute'--for either one of them. :lol:

Quick flashback to season 3: Mac very furious on Adam, screams and shouts at him because Adam didn't talk to him about evidence. Season 3: Mac screaming and embarrassing Hawkes in front of the entire lab and Lindsay for not saying that he knew the victim.
Yeah, and Adam hadn't even done anything wrong--Mac didn't like it, but it wasn't wrong for him to give Gerard the evidence. As for Hawkes, he had met the woman once and didn't even recognize her at first--considering some of the other cases these people work (hello, Stella working with the guy from "Cold Case" when she was the only suspect in their investigation and it was definitely tied to her anyway?), that was just ridiculous. Mac has a problem with it when it's convenient, I guess.

But at least he was stern when he said she couldn't let her personal shite affect her job. Maybe he figured he had to be gentle and more like a parent talking to a 10 year old since Lindsay's behavior in that scene prior to their exchange showed him that she was taking on the role of a 10 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back