Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is when I hear fans of Lindsay say how great it was that she "stood her ground" with Danny....stood her ground on what, I have no idea. I really don't get it--up until that point, seeing as she DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT RIKKI, the only thing that happened in the episode was him turning her down on a lunch offer, and him not crying on her shoulder about Ruben. I really don't see how anyone can say she was "standing her ground" or defending herself or asserting herself of anything--she was just pissed Danny didn't go to lunch with her and pissed that he hasn't come to her personally for comfort about Ruben, which she never even offered any support to him there anyways.

Thats really a gaping hole for me....i really don't see how anyone can see her actions in that monologue as being anything but selfish and whiny exclamations of "you shouldnt go through this alone, how dare you, you should come to me about everything you're worried about" and "how dare you blow me off for a lunchdate". Honestly, I can't see how to twist that into her being assertive or "taking a stand".

What I don't understand is when I hear fans of Lindsay say how great it was that she "stood her ground" with Danny....stood her ground on what, I have no idea. I really don't get it--up until that point, seeing as she DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT RIKKI, the only thing that happened in the episode was him turning her down on a lunch offer, and him not crying on her shoulder about Ruben. I really don't see how anyone can say she was "standing her ground" or defending herself or asserting herself of anything--she was just pissed Danny didn't go to lunch with her and pissed that he hasn't come to her personally for comfort about Ruben, which she never even offered any support to him there anyways.

Thats really a gaping hole for me....i really don't see how anyone can see her actions in that monologue as being anything but selfish and whiny exclamations of "you shouldnt go through this alone, how dare you, you should come to me about everything you're worried about" and "how dare you blow me off for a lunchdate". Honestly, I can't see how to twist that into her being assertive or "taking a stand".

I agree completely. Her actions only make sense if she knows about Rikki, and she doesn't. And, I'm sorry, but I didn't think Danny sounded weird when she called him to ask about lunch. It confused the hell out of me why Lindsay would all of sudden say, "is something wrong?" She's never been that perceptive before and now she can sense something is off when his voice only sounds tired, in the morning after he'd just gotten up? Unless it's revealed in the next couple of episodes that Lindsay is psychic it just shows how Anna can't convey emotions appropriately for a given situation. :rolleyes:

origin-nknwn said:
Her selfish antics just make me cringe and she is probably the most boring and annoying character in the entire franchise - even Horatio comes above her cos at least the sunglasses schtick gives me and my mates something to take the piss out of.

:lol: Thanks for the laugh! Ya just know a character's bad when HORATIO from CSI:Miami is better! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cSiNyFrEaK30 said:
What I don't understand is when I hear fans of Lindsay say how great it was that she "stood her ground" with Danny....stood her ground on what, I have no idea. I really don't get it--up until that point, seeing as she DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT RIKKI, the only thing that happened in the episode was him turning her down on a lunch offer, and him not crying on her shoulder about Ruben.

BINGO! It just shows this is them assuming fanon is canon. Again, I say: FANON IS NOT CANON. I'm gonna be saying this many, many times on the board for weeks to come, I know it. :p

PerfectAnomaly said:
And, I'm sorry, but I didn't think Danny sounded weird when she called him to ask about lunch. It confused the hell out of me why Lindsay would all of sudden say, "is something wrong?"

Yep, to me, he didn't sound weird at all. He only sounded annoyed after Lindsay suddenly asked him what's wrong. It seemed to me that he was annoyed at Lindsay for getting into his business and he felt she didn't have the right to ask. It corroborates with his stunned, WTF look at the end of Lindsay's monologue.

Thanks for the laugh! Ya just know a character's bad when HORATIO from CSI:Miami is better! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually can't decide who is the worst on character alone - they are both pretty gag-inducing. Horatio inches out because you can at least laugh at him - or get very drunk playing drinking games. One swig for every time he takes off or puts on his shades, anyone??? :lol::lol::lol:

cSiNyFrEaK30 said:
What I don't understand is when I hear fans of Lindsay say how great it was that she "stood her ground" with Danny....stood her ground on what, I have no idea. I really don't get it--up until that point, seeing as she DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT RIKKI, the only thing that happened in the episode was him turning her down on a lunch offer, and him not crying on her shoulder about Ruben.
BINGO! It just shows this is them assuming fanon is canon. Again, I say: FANON IS NOT CANON. I'm gonna be saying this many, many times on the board for weeks to come, I know it. :p

Hallelujah! I totally agree with that! Lindsay doesn't know about Rikki, she is pissed off just because Danny ignores her, and as we've seen and you've all said that he was very surprised when Lindsay walked out of the office (to me he looked like he said "What did I do to deserve that?"), merely in tears saying that she was in love with him. Lindsay needs to grow up a little bit. I'm 19 and I was never pissed off for a stupid thing like that *sigh*

Hallelujah! I totally agree with that! Lindsay doesn't know about Rikki, she is pissed off just because Danny ignores her, and as we've seen and you've all said that he was very surprised when Lindsay walked out of the office (to me he looked like he said "What did I do to deserve that?"), merely in tears saying that she was in love with him. Lindsay needs to grow up a little bit. I'm 19 and I was never pissed off for a stupid thing like that *sigh*

Exactly--if us teenagers can look at what she did and think "wow, how immature"....that just amazes me that the writers didn't realize how selfish and immature they were making her. Unless, of course, they did it on purpose....which i doubt they did.

It's just annoying that people only like Lindsay because of the fact she is Danny's girlfriend. The amount of people who now hate Danny due to the fact of how he has treated Lindsay. Pot calling kettle black methinks.
If Lindsay now acted like she didn't give a damn and Danny meant nothing I would maybe have a little bit of respect for her but we know she is going to be a big snivelling whiny brat. GRRR!!

If Lindsay now acted like she didn't give a damn and Danny meant nothing I would maybe have a little bit of respect for her but we know she is going to be a big snivelling whiny brat. GRRR!!

Arggh, my thoughts exactly. She's going to play the whiny brat, oh-i've-been-so-traumatized card, and its going to be grating to watch.

Something else I was wondering about--why would the fact that Danny wants to grieve alone about Ruben and that he turned down a lunch date with Lindsay make her feel like she has to "let go" of her love for him? What, because he didn't go to you for comfort you can't love him anymore?

I don't get it.

I wondered why back in Season 3 it was OK for Lindsay to stand Danny up on a date, and actually leave him alone like an idiot in a restaurant, without even calling him or explaining to him why she did that. And from what I recall Danny didn't start acting up all cranky and moody, instead he offered a hand out for help, when she explained that she couldn't be in a relationship with him. She didn't tell him about what happened with her friends and why it was affecting her so much, instead Danny barged in the courtroom. So from what I recall while Lindsay was going through a tough time she pushed Danny away from her. Now when Danny is in her position all of a sudden she demands to know what is wrong with him and why. Well Lindsay, if something that happened in your teens still affects you, imagine how affected is Danny since Ruben died very recently.

Something else I was wondering about--why would the fact that Danny wants to grieve alone about Ruben and that he turned down a lunch date with Lindsay make her feel like she has to "let go" of her love for him? What, because he didn't go to you for comfort you can't love him anymore?

I don't get it.

Exactly. That to me reeked of passive agressiveness, surpassed her selfishness even of SD and made her more of a drama queen than the resident drama queen. Oh, poor me, I've done nothing but love you and try to be there for you; but your unwillingness not only to let me be there for you but to get over the dead kid after less than 2 months makes loving you impossible so I must try to move on.
vomit-smiley-024.gif

Oh, what a sweet, spunky little country girl. There's true love at it's finest, folks. :rolleyes: :wtf: :scream:

I reeeaally want to see Danny get beyond pissed at her and let her have it, but I doubt that'll happen.

Last edited:

I don't get it.

Exactly. That to me reeked of passive agressiveness, surpassed her selfishness even of SD and made her more of a drama queen than the resident drama queen. Oh, poor me, I've done nothing but love you and try to be there for you; but your unwillingness not only to let me be there for you but to get over the dead kid after less than 2 months makes loving you impossible so I must try to move on.
vomit-smiley-024.gif

Oh, what a sweet, spunky little country girl. There's true love at it's finest, folks. :rolleyes: :wtf: :scream:

:guffaw:well said =]

What no one seems to have answered is why her monologue was justified because he skipped lunch with her, forgot her birthday, and wont go to her for his grieving over Ruben. Even Lindsay fans keep saying how glad they are that she stood her ground or whatever, but never say WHY she should have stood her ground. Stood her ground against WHAT? Him not begging her to forgive him for not taking her to lunch or for not crying on her shoulder about Ruben? Seriously, I really want to know why people were so impressed with her monolgue and "reasons" for doing it.

I reeeaally want to see Danny get beyond pissed at her and let her have it, but I doubt that'll happen.

Me too. I want to see him go all monologue on her, and finally call her out for her selfishness. It is just what she needs to hear....

What no one seems to have answered is why her monologue was justified because he skipped lunch with her, forgot her birthday, and wont go to her for his grieving over Ruben. Even Lindsay fans keep saying how glad they are that she stood her ground or whatever, but never say WHY she should have stood her ground. Stood her ground against WHAT? Him not begging her to forgive him for not taking her to lunch or for not crying on her shoulder about Ruben? Seriously, I really want to know why people were so impressed with her monolgue and "reasons" for doing it.

Me too. I want to see him go all monologue on her, and finally call her out for her selfishness. It is just what she needs to hear....

Of course it was normal of her to let go of her love for him because he skipped lunch with her and chose to grieve alone (from what Lindsay knows). The fans don't seem to understand that Lindsay doesn't know that Rikki got the bed and the famous Messer omelet ;) But it's important that she stood her ground against the bastard who dared to skip lunch with her. Good thinking :thumbsup:

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Danny monologue any time soon, although he seemed to show first signs of being irritated by her. Maybe he'll drop a hint because Danny is not the type of guy to say "You're annoying! Get the f*ck outta my face" to a woman who declared her love for him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the laugh! Ya just know a character's bad when HORATIO from CSI:Miami is better! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually can't decide who is the worst on character alone - they are both pretty gag-inducing. Horatio inches out because you can at least laugh at him - or get very drunk playing drinking games. One swig for every time he takes off or puts on his shades, anyone??? :lol::lol::lol:

Lindsay wins for sheer absence of any redeemable qualities whatsoever. You're right: at least Horatio is good for a giggle with the Sunglasses of Doom (that, and the fact that he will be fathering midnight_tiptoes' children), but Lindsay's antics just make me roll my eyes and gag.

Lindsay wins for sheer absence of any redeemable qualities whatsoever. You're right: at least Horatio is good for a giggle with the Sunglasses of Doom (that, and the fact that he will be fathering midnight_tiptoes' children), but Lindsay's antics just make me roll my eyes and gag.

Someone wants to have children with him..? :wtf::eek: Okay then...

As to Lindsey and the current developments - be be honest with you, I've never been massively sold on her character, even since day one. At first there was just something that I couldn't put my finger on, but as time has gone on, especially with the D/L stuff, it's come to me that she's really quite selfish and whiny. Also, I find the way Anna plays her sometimes to be questionable. I'm not one for going around saying 'x is a crap actor/actress' because I don't like that kind of thing - but in some scenes I do question the reasoning behind her choice in how to play certain things. Like I read somewhere that for the scenes in the episode with the court case to do with her friends' murders when she was a teenager - can't remember the name offhand - she said something about imagining what it would be like to lose her kid. I was like WTF? That is a totally different thing...

Originally Posted by PerfectAnomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSiNyFrEaK30

I don't get it.

vomit-smiley-024.gif

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: That could not have been better said.

If she's already like this just because Danny wouldn't have lunch with her an didn't go to her for ... support :)guffaw:), can you guys imagine what she will be like when she finds out about Rikki? And very possibly that Danny would rather be with Rikki?

She'll either become the Ultimate Passive-Aggressive Brat ... or maybe, just maybe, it'll shock her awake and make her grow up and act like a mature, professional adult for a change.

miss_blue said:
I wouldn't hold my breath for a Danny monologue any time soon, although he seemed to show first signs of being irritated by her. Maybe he'll drop a hint because Danny is not the type of guy to say "You're annoying! Get the f*ck outta my face" to a woman who declared her love for him.
Yes, he did show signs of irritation towards her (FINALLY)! It was great of him to call her out on her childish behavior by asking her what's wrong with not wanting to have lunch with her. And the interesting thing is, she never directly answered him on that. Just went straight into her monologue to make it look as if she's the wronged one. Me thinks she's way more manipulative than people think ...

origin-nknwn said:
Like I read somewhere that for the scenes in the episode with the court case to do with her friends' murders when she was a teenager - can't remember the name offhand - she said something about imagining what it would be like to lose her kid. I was like WTF? That is a totally different thing...
That was from her interview in CSI Magazine. She stated that in order to do the crying scene in the courtroom (or at least, her attempt to do so), she thought about her baby and 'how much she loved her'. Makes it even more WTF, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back