"Still Life" discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

AMAZING! well thats what i thought it least.

The part with Nick and Kelly, i really liked. She seems nice? i guess. i can't wait until they reveal more! mohahhahah

We FINALLY get to know something about Grissom's past! Grissom and his past was sad. Like someone stated before it is sure wayyy off from his bio at cbs.com. oh well. i like it better too! :)

There wasn't that much of Sara or Greg.. thats okay! there's always next episode!

i still don't get one thing.. why did the mother kill her son, jesse? i was confused.

Well, from what I understood the mother had some form of mental illness and when Jesse's dad died in Afghanistan she lost it completely. She then poisioned Jessee with her pills and buried him in the back-yard. However, she went on living and acting as if he were still alive using Adam--the kidnapped child--as part of her sick little fantasy.

She didn't want him to grow up to become a soldier like her dad and grandfather. She was paranoid that her father-in-law wanted to take Jesse and raise him to become a soldier so, in her psychosis, she thought she was "saving" him by killing him before someone else harmed him.

I prefer this story about Grissom than the bio :)

Yeah I do too.. I loved the "No one told me why line"

What I got from him saying simply "No one told me why" was THIS is why Grissom has the job he has - to explain "why" to the loved ones who are left when someone dies. His job is his life, and saying how he felt when his father died was very revealing as to why he is so dedicated to finding the answers - not only to convict the guilty but to help those left behind.

I kinda missed the moustache. :p I also don't think we've seen the last of Kelly.

Eric looks like he may have lost a little bit of weight, and I don't like his hair as much as I did in season 5; I especially loved his hair in the episode "Grave Danger", but other than that he looked fine to me. I don't think he looks sickly or anything. He's always been a little pale, but that's okay.

My thoughts: What a creepy episode! It sort of clicked for me when the neighbor said that the son had died and then they revealed that "Jesse" was actually Adam, I knew that Jesse must have died, and the mother had used Adam to rewrite history in her mind to erase what had happend. I thought that Warrick was great with Adam. Jesse's mom was creepy, in a way I felt sorry for her. The ending was especially creepy with her thinking she saw him running towards her and holding her arms out to him. I know she's being charged with stalking(and intent to kidnapping?) but since they couldn't really prove she did it(at least not until that skull fragment they found in her trunk is tested for DNA) they can't charge her with murder can they? Nick's mustache is gone! Maybe it worked for GE but it didn't really suit Nick Stokes. I'm looking forward to more follow up of Grave Danger although this felt kind of tagged on. Poor Grissom! I just wanted to reach through the t.v. and give him a hug. :(

Eric looks like he may have lost a little bit of weight, and I don't like his hair as much as I did in season 5; I especially loved his hair in the episode "Grave Danger", but other than that he looked fine to me. I don't think he looks sickly or anything. He's always been a little pale, but that's okay.

He seems moody, downcast on the show. As I said, I'm not sure if it's something that the writers are hinting at for a future episode, or if something's bothering/ailing ES (exhausted from other projects/personal appearances or traveling?--I heard he went to Ireland for Marilyn Manson's wedding).

Now that the Christmas special ES was in has been shown, I'm hoping Greg can get his spiky hair back--maybe he'll perk up a bit and get some of his old personality back, too.

Well i saw this episode a few hours ago, and i liked it. It was a very emotional episode, such as the story is around a child. I think Warrick was the Best in this episode. I loved the way he deal with the child... The rest of the team were great as always...

About that thing with Nick, i think this episode is the beggining of something not good for Nick... i don´t know i've got that feeling..

Oh well, great episode! Next time more Nick Please!

Tonight's ep was a prime example of why I like CSI. Science, relationships, team work, and even backstory.

Anyone catch the c-section scar, it was an Emergency c-section scar because it was up and down, instead of across.
Actually its not that unusual my sister had my neice by C-Section and her scar also goes up and down, which she too thought was odd when she seen it, but according to the doctors there are different ways docs do the proceedure and also it tends to have to do with position, access and patients. *shrugs* Who knows why they do what they do, but as long as the child and mother is healthy thats all that counts. :)

RE: Grissom, i think what kicked off his explaination of his fathers death is when Catherine asked how old he was and he said "9" and she said "hmm Little guy", it was like from there he went back in time and the door opened up.

About that thing with Nick, i think this episode is the beggining of something not good for Nick... i don´t know i've got that feeling..

Oh well, great episode! Next time more Nick Please!

I agree with you, I also think there is somthing coming for Nick in the future. Probably in Jan or Feb. on the episode Daddy's little Girl, but that is all I will say about that here.

I thought it was a really cool episode. It reminded me a bit of season 1 and 2.
First: At last, Nick's moustache is gone!
Warrick was very good with the kid. He indeed had quality screen time. It was a really good episode for him.
Then I was also happy to hear something about Grissom's past. It was said that we learn why Grissom is Grisosm, I think we made the first step to that yesterday night.
I thought I'd seen Kelly on the scene. I think we'll going to find out the details of GD soon. The missing tape won't be a mystery very long anymore, I think.

Lots of great comments already, so I'll just add on to those.

I loved the little Grissom moment. I think that so often we expect so many big, dramatic moments in dramas like CSI that we forget to appreciate the smaller, more intimate true-to-life moments. I liked how that scene played out; it was subtle yet enlightening. Someone above said it explained a lot about Grissom's motivations and I agree wholeheartedly.

I really liked the teaser with Kelly Gordon, but for some reason I didn't like how they ended the scene. And I mean that strictly as a technical critique- it seemed like they edited the end shot of strangely, like they just cut it short all of a sudden. The performaces were really good though, and the whole scene left me feeling as unsettled as I'm sure Nick must have been. I mean, all she said was that she'd been think a lot about what he said, but not that it had helped her particularly, or that she was ready to start her life again... very ominous, really. And that "perfect" comment had me troubled, but I didn't realize why, until all of you mentioned the tape from grave Danger. Nice spot! I totally couldn't figure out why it felt extra weird to me, but now I get it. Thanks! :)

Warrick was wonderful. I didn't feel like he was out of place with the kid- I think it was a tough situation and he kept a calm face on for the poor kid. Just like he kept his cool with that big galoot in the interrogation room. He's one cool operator, and I think we got to see that nicely in this episode. I love watch Warrick doing the job, pure and simple.

Sara and Greg were mostly background, but they were still good to watch. And whomever commented on Greg's appearance, I agree. I thought he looked kind of sickly during the famous hot dog conversation in Grissom's office in Dog Eat Dog, but I just figured everybody has an off day. God knows I sure do! :lol:

I wasn't surprised to hear that Brass is ex-Marine- he's a very business-like guy. :) And I believe that's "Hoo-YAH" not hoo hah. ;)

The other nice thing about this ep was that all the visiting cast were really strong, once again. I think CSI seems to score the cream of the crop when they cast for their episodes. They get solid performaces ALL the time, and I think that's another reason why this show is standing the test of time.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed this episode, as seems to be the trend this season. Yay! :D

Whoooo hooooo for Still Life!

CBS took the ratings lead right from the start of the night Thursday and never lost it on its way to another easy victory.

The Eye averaged a 14.7 rating/22 share in primetime. NBC was a distant second at 7.7/12. ABC, 3.9/6, finished third, followed by FOX, 3.0/5, and The WB, 2.9/4. UPN, airing a lineup of reruns, trailed with a 1.8/3.

The standings among adults 18-49 were a little closer, but CBS' 8.2 rating still led by a healthy margin. NBC finished second at 5.0, and there was a fairly sharp drop to third-place FOX, 2.2. ABC and The WB tied for fourth at 1.9, with UPN last at 1.1.

At 9 p.m., CBS' "CSI" delivered one of its bigger audiences this season with an 18.8/27 -- in fact, it beat the combined total for all five other networks in the hour. "The Apprentice" was second for NBC at 7.2/11, and ABC's movie held onto third with a 3.4/5. "Everwood," 2.7/4, moved The WB up to fourth, ahead of FOX's "Reunion." UPN went with "Eve" and "Cuts" reruns.

Back