"Still Life" discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Oh you guys iam so excited. From what you are telling it seems to be a pretty good epy. I still have an hour before the epy airs here in LA :(

im sad the the 'stache is gone :( he seemed so...empty without it.i was really starting to like it tooo.

i liked hearing about Grissom's father.that was cool.they need to go even deeper.something really,really personal.

anyway....i thought it was a really awesome episode. :)

This is going to sound strange, but I was underwhelmed by this episode. Maybe I hyped myself up too much, but as a whole I was underwhelmed.

The characters and characterization, however, had the trademark David Rambo touch. Even characters who blipped in and out of frame seemed to be fleshed out, to have stories of their own, reasons for why they were the way they were. I enjoyed that.

I loved Warrick's interaction with the child. It was a unique choice for Warrick to be the one to do that scene, but it worked beautifully. Wonderfully handled.

The actress playing Karen did a wonderful job. Don't really note guest stars that much, but she was really strong.

Loved the blips of Sara, though they were blips... Loved the look on her face when they had to clean up the backyard. She almost mirrored Nick from Gum Drops... but in this case, her gut told her the child was dead. She expected it, she just wanted the kind of hope Nick had showcased a few months ago...

The Cath/Gris scene really worked. It did. It was well-handled, though I do wish the shot of Gris fumbling with the camera had stayed in. It was a nice character touch...

The thing I liked most about this ep was that it feeled fairly even-handed. Sure, some characters were seen more than others, but it felt like a true ensemble episode, and I haven't felt that in a long time.

No problems with Cath this ep... it wasn't CATHDRAMAOHMYGOSH! It was nice. She shared the understanding of motherly love for a child... it was subtle... it was nice.

The Nick/Kelly Gordon stuff seemed thrown in, almost as an afterthought. The episode sort of stopped and lost its momentum... but I'm sure it's setup for something else... or it wouldn't be there.

As I said, I liked it, I just wasn't overwhelmed by it... plenty to like... just not spectacular.

Overall I thought this was a good episode.

It was interesting to watch the team as they tried to figure out who was telling the truth. At first it looked like a real mystery, but it turned out not to be one. But as often with CSI the end of one mystery was the start of another. The death of child is tragic under any circumstances, but the ones that Jesse died are particularly depressing. I did have a few problems with a few of the details (like the fact that there was DNA on the toothbrush Karen gave Catherine.) Would the DNA have lasted that long? It might have made more sense if she had given the CSIs a lock of Jesse’s hair from a brush or comb. Picking at nits I know…

I liked the Nick and Kelly Gordon scene. I didn’t really mind that we didn’t see very much there, but that in only because I know there is more to come… this was just the set up. It was just to let Nick (and us) that Kelly in out of jail. I liked how he was with her. Polite, yet cool. He wasn’t rude, but he wasn’t the friendly guy we know. He was doing his best to keep his distance. He was clearly uncomfortable with seeing her, I am sure it brought back all sorts of memories – ones that he is still not comfortable with.

One thing I noticed…anyone notice who wasn’t helping to look for Jesse’s body? I was wondering why that was, but then I realized why Nick was not there. I thought that was a nice touch…

Wow, I was not expecting to see Kelly Gordon. I could tell something was going to happen there, but didn’t see that coming. I thought Nick was just imagining her. The whole rest of the episode I was expecting more and started to wonder if there would be.

The scene with Kelly at the end was weird. Nick was definitely uncomfortable and as someone said keeping his distance. He looked shocked when she said that she had been at the crime scene. I hadn’t even thought about the “Stalker” aspect until someone mentioned that. How very disconcerting it would be for Nick, of all people, to feel as though he’s being watched, and by someone who was indirectly, as far as we/he know, involved in his kidnapping. Creepy.

There was definitely something strange about the way Kelly was acting, and yeah, when she said perfect, it did sound a lot like the person on the tape. The only problem I have with that is that even if she knew about the kidnapping, or even if it was her idea, how could she have been on the tape. Surely the gaurds wouldn’t have let Walter Gordon take a tape recorder in with him to visit her in prison, and even if he had gotten it in there, how could he have recorded the message without anyone seeing him?

So I guess Nick won’t be going to Kelly’s parole hearing, and wasn’t she supposed to have been denied parole? I wonder where they are going with this and how Nick is going to find out about the tape, as he surely will.

I guess there were other things going on in this episode. :)

Brass was a marine. Cool.

Grissom revealed more about himself in one scene than he has in five years. I thought he was done and then he just kept going. He sure shocked the hell out of Catherine, lol. That was really sad and I guess maybe that explains why he got into forensics. His father died and no one would tell him why, so he decided to dedicate his life to figuring out why?

I have to agree with whoever said that Warrick didn’t have a lot of chemistry with the kid. I felt the same way about him with the kid in “Bad Words.” I just don’t thnk he’s good with kids. It’s the way he kind of talks down to them. I don’t like baby talk and it just annoys me when people talk that way to kids. I know he was just trying to be comforting, but I think he was trying too hard. Just my opinion.

Overall, I thought this was a decent episode. I can’t wait until January for new eps.

*So* good!! The scene with Gil and Cath was fantastic - she knew just to listen when he was opening up about his father. WP was amazing - you could almost hear the poor little boy in him when he said, "nobody ever told me why."

Grissom needs a hug! *sniff*

The Nick/Kelly thing was pretty tantalizing for future eps. Good case, nice ensemble feel and nice twisty science stuff. :) No Sofia though which makes me sad for the rest of the year...

Funny bit, the woman who played Valerie Esposito also does the voice of Diane Simmons on Family Guy. I kept hoping she'd turn to one of the other characters and go, "you're so deep in the closet you're finding Christmas presents."

LOL--I loved that! I had no idea that was her! I guess I wasn't listening hard enough. That could have worked too, like when they were all in the convenience store and the credit card wouldn't work and she was yipping at her husband :D

Anyone catch the c-section scar, it was an Emergency c-section scar because it was up and down, instead of across.

10 out 10 this episode was fantastic everything took me by suprise.

Where to start? Where to start?

First the women that believed her kid was alive

At first I thought it was going to be a Catherine focussed episode because it was a kid case, but then I started loving it.

Then Grissom opening up about his childhood and dad. Catherine litsening that was nice!

Warrick keeping his cool . Is it me or are the writters trying to test his temper before he blows?

Nick without a his mustache

Gordon's daugther comming for a visit, that took me by suprise. I just couldn't believe I still can't believe it.

Anyways, great episode and keep the good work! :cool:

EXCELLENT- that's the CSI I love- suspensful- riveting- kept one guessing-!!!!!another freak in the world of freaks-who knew- Warrick was wonderful-with the little boy- and the rest as well- poor Nick that chick showing up kinda of creepy- she's weird-and Grissom just out of now where popping out his secret about his dad -off the wall- so unlike him-to spill his guts after 6 years of us no knowing anything about his dad-- Cath looked so stunned and suprised-good episode-- oh, and the CBS newscaster-that was on -is our local news-reporter in Las Vegas- local girl-watch her everynight-

Anyone catch the c-section scar, it was an Emergency c-section scar because it was up and down, instead of across.

Yeah, I was thinking that's not your usual c-section scar...

Ah, the luscious sight of Nicky's hot, naked upper lip...mmmmmm...

I thought Warrick was adorable with the little boy...maybe fumbly at first, but then he got him engrossed with the fingerprint powder and DNA swabs...

Nice to see Archie again, even if only in one quickie scene. Aww, so Mom made him do a family website...cute...good to see Wendy again too...entirely not enough Hodges, but what there was was quality for the...what, five seconds it lasted?

I tweaked a bit when Kelly said "Perfect"...I agree that it's iffy whether she's the one on the tape, if she was in prison all that time and Pops stopped visiting her after a certain point...Plus, Nick doesn't know Grissom got the tape, or that he and Archie were going over it, and if I recall he never listened as far as the "Perfect" on the tape...I'm thinkin' there was someone else in the mix somewhere...but then, I profess no insight as to how TPTB think, so...

And we have to wait until JANUARY?!?! :eek: AAAAAAA!!!

--Robin

Good episode..

I didn't make the connection between Kelly Gordon saying "perfect" and the tape. I was too confused about the case to pay attention to that part. That lady was a total whacko.

Grissom's story about his dad was sad but Grissom's bio on cbs.com says something completely different :lol:

Back