CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Wow, what's with the bitterness? Can we find a way to steer clear of the finger pointing, generalizations, and virtual high fives? It's a real shame what this board has become.

I find it funny that people are making such a big deal over a ship when the bad writing, unrealistic storylines, shallow characters, badly developed plots, lack of continuity, underdeveloped characters, and the fact that this may just be the most racially discriminatory show on television are ignored. Those things are okay? People would stop watching the show over D/L but they'll gladly sit through hours and hours of what has essentially become bad writing?

Really, in my list of "things that are awfully, awfully wrong with CSI: New York" D/L may just be at the very bottom.

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

c'mon now, bitterness indeed! I don't think it can be labeled THAT harshly. And if you really think it can than you ought to be willing to lump the other shows in the franchise in there with it.

3. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

La_Guera said:
    Ok I had a long post and it got deleted, so basically I'm just going to say this:
    fans have everything to do with the show. Example:
    Jericho--cancelled and brought back.
    Supernatural--in danger of ending last season, but fans kept it going.
    I've written to David Rambo (a writer for CSI) a few times about thanking him for the GSR and I've gotten 2 responses that basically say 'thank you for the support of GSR and continue watching'. I know many people that also write to him and get responses back also.
    I cannot speak from experience from writing to an author about D/L, but really, I think fans have everything to do with it.

4. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Excuse me when did this turn into the D/L thread I came looking for spoilers and all I can find in the last 2 pages id D/L debate pro and against and some general show bashing.

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Guess this is a good time as any for me to make a post here again. It is rather amusing the spoiler thread always degenerates into D/L and why it should stay or go. If the most exciting thing the show has to offer now is that ship ... I'm not too optimistic about the upcoming season at all. I've already made my say about the lack of continuity and character development and just plain WTF-ness at what the plots have become, so:

When I said that the show is seemingly being written to appeal to teenagers, I did not mean to generalize that all teenagers enjoy wanky, immature, selfish drama on a TV show. My apologies if that was how I came across, I was a teenager at one time so I know what being a teenager was like. ;)

However, I know that I'm not the only one who has noticed the immature manner with which many things on the show have been dealt. It's ... very out-of-place for a show like CSI:NY. You have this group of professional adults who are in a very serious and sometimes life-threatening occupation that brooks for no mistakes. The last thing you'd expect them to do is behave like a bunch of hormone-controlled, adolescent people who let their feelings or petulance get the better of them all the time. (If you want to argue that Danny lets his temper get the better of him, there's a major difference between being a spoilt brat and showing anger when the situation asks for it. And it's part of his character to be hot-tempered.)

It's this bad combination of the two that bothers me more than anything else. How am I expected to take a character seriously when they don't even behave their age and how the gravity of their occupation imply they should? In a way, it's almost demeaning to the real life versions / counterparts of their jobs. Again, the last kind of behavior I expect from professional adults of their level and age is what's been shown on the series for the last two seasons. It's just bad taste, bad handling of situations that could have turned out great for everybody on the show, and the characters who really deserve the development and spotlight get shafted for the sake of contrived plotlines and ratings. Blah.

As for fans having everything to do with the show, the only thing worth to TPTB is how many of us are watching the show. Sure, fans can rally and do things to show support for the show or something they like in association to the show (like online petitions :rolleyes:), but the final decision is solely up to TPTB and to think that what we do will surely and directly influence them like they're puppets is ... well, arrogant. Self-entitlement, much? :p And sure, they may visit forums and read what fans have to say, but it's foolish to think they'll bend over and obey and do whatever we want them to do just because some fans write to them thanking them for any particular development on the show. And having them answer back with thanks is no indication at all that they are now clinging to our every word for enlightening guidance. :rolleyes: Hell, they'll probably tell you you're the frickin' Queen of England if it means you'll continue to watch the show.

If they allow fans to determine what they should write ... then the show's definitely shot to the crapper. (That goes for any show, not just CSI:NY.) No decent writer will ever allow his or her fans to wrest control of their vision away from them. TPTB should have stuck to their guns and kept things as they were in season one. The show f**king ruled then, because it dared to be different.

Right. Any spoilers at all that don't involve shippiness of any kind? Anything involving Hawkes? I'm friggin' miffed that Hawkes is getting no love at all. And what a coincidence! The only non-white person on the show! (Where's Kelly Hu gone?)

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Right. So, by this logic, if enough of us send cans of corn and jars of Cheez Whiz to the writers, they'll drop D/L. *makes a grocery list* :p

I think he just stands there and looks pretty. Wait for episode 5 spoilers to come out. I've got five dollars, a bag of Skittles and my James and the Giant Peach DVD on us seeing his totally hawt gurlfriend in her undies. ;)

But seriously, I've seen jack for him so far. :mad: Granted, aside from who's banging who, there hasn't been much for anybody in the first few episodes, but still...

I stole her and I won't give her back. :devil:

7. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Victim

It's about time I joined in - I've been lurking on the board for far too long. It's a great place to be :)

I've been doing some hunting around and I've seen on the spoilers board of TV.com that Devon is possibly to be played by Alesa B. Gantz. Yes, she's blonde. And yes, she's pretty. But according to exploretalent.com she's 106 years old, so I hope Flack is into older women ;)

The episode description leaves me hopeful, but not convinced, that Devon's just a plot device for that episode and won't be around for long.

8. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Ok, I completely set myself up for that one :p.

Hmm..I thought that another actress was already chosen to play Devon. Oh well, now I'm confused. Thanks for the info though.

9. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Is she is a vampire? Flack could become a vampire! :eek: :D
    He would make one good looking vampire.

10. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

I get that feeling too - I think Flack will end up arresting his own girlfriend .. ;)

11. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

*nods in agreement* The spoilers certainly seem to be leading in that direction...

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

It has been mentioned before that Flack didn't seem to speak well of the rich. If he has to arrest his girlfriend this should reinforce his dislike of the wealthy. There is always the possibility that he just wanted to know what it would be like to sleep with a pretty, rich, socialite. It could be a form of oneupmanship. Guys do like to out do each other. How many guys like Danny and Flack can say they slept with a socialite.

13. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I don't see Flack as a womanizer though. While I'm sure a guy like him gets his fair share of action, he strikes me as too level headed to to be some kind guy who nails chicks for sport. Plus he's got too much respect for himself get an ego boost out of bagging a society girl.

Like i said before though, not knowing much about her and already not really liking this Devon character, I COULD see it kind of being the other way around. If she is a socialite with a lot of money, then the men in her social circle sure aren't rugged blue collar cops. I wouldn't be surprised if Devon was slumming it with Flack just because she needed a break from people with names like Preston H Worthington the Fourth, Esquire and attitudes to back it or whatever the hell...

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

If Jericho fans cans send tons of peanuts to CBS to save a canceled show (they're going to film seven episodes next season) then surely we can send something to stop the DL crap. :p

That is just too damn funny. :lol:

That wouldn't surprise me either and Flack is a damn fine looking guy. Rich or not his looks are certainly in her league. Even if Flack isn't thrilled with the rich, he IS a guy and he's probably not going to turn down a beautiful woman who is obviously interested in him, even if he's just a phase for her (not like someone else who, last season, continued to turn down any woman who showed interest in him.)

15. privatename

privatename Rookie

I can't even express how much I loved this post. I think you are right on target especially with respect to the claims of some people on here that say a"majority" of fans support D/L. In fact, there was someone who had a link to a petition in support of D/L. Now, I really see nothing wrong with starting a petition to send to TPTB and, out of curiosity, I read the petition. It claims that a majority of people are in favor of D/L. I wondered how someone could make that claim when really neither side (for and against D/L) has any way of knowing what "most" fans prefer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.