Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, the Sens lost last night :( To the Bruins :(:( But on the flip side, Pascal Leclaire played well and made some great saves. Last night was our last pre-season game.

We play our next game a week from today, in New York against the Rangers :D

GO SENS GO!!!!

2. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

ohh I was rooting for the Bruins but I missed the game, yay!!

3. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ Glad I'm not the only Bruins fan around here! :D
    And don't worry, I don't think Calgary plans on getting rid of Iginla for a very long time.

Hm...Interesting. I hadn't heard anything about that. I did think it was weird that I hadn't seen him on the lineup recently, but sometimes that is just par for the course with exhibition games.

Of course I keep tabs on all the former Rangers that I liked! :D

Sjostrom was a great player I thought. He won't score a lot of goals for you, but he'll do it when you need them, and he'll give you 100%. A little quote I had about him says "Sjostrom may not light up the scoreboard, but the forward plays with heart and doesn't back down from a challenge from any opponent."

Nigel could be a fantastic player given the right coaches, and given the chance to actually play (which he didn't get a lot of in New York). He's quite good in the shoot out.

4. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

gotta love them Bruins :p and hopefully Iginla's here to stay but it wasn't much good tonight, the Flames lost 2-1 to the Canucks :( :(

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Well, I'm gonna disappont ya .... But I'm a Canucks fan, and a Rangers fan - How we will be able to keep convo's here peaceful.....i mean all hockey fans in this thread.....

Ya know, Cuz I really hate to step on toes here.

Luckily I like some of the European Legue teams..... no problems there.

6. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

^nah, no disappointment here, you've got team pride! :beer:

aand I would have been rooting for the Canucks had they not been playing the Flames :( I wanna make the playoffs this year!

Thought I should share this:
    Western Conference Predictions by Adam Proteau

1.) Calgary (YEEEEAH!)
    2.) San Jose
    3.) Detroit
    4.) Vancouver
    5.) Chicago
    6.) Anaheim
    7.) Columbus
    8.) Edmonton
    9.) St. Louis
    10.) Los Angeles
    11.) Minnesota
    12.) Dallas
    13.) Nashville
    14.) Colorado

If you wanna see the reasoning Adam Proteau gave for each, here's a link:
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/28076-Screen-Shots-Western-Conference-predictions.html
    (At the bottom, it's also got a link to the Eastern Conference Predictions ;))

P.S. You can tell I'm a Calgary girl, in the WHL the Calgary Hitmen beat the Tigers 5-4 in Medicine Hat Friday night. bringing them to 3-0
    Their game against the Red Deer rebels is today at 2:00pm, I won't be attending this game :( but fingers crossed!

7. CSINEWYORK000

Last season I was sure Vancouver was going to make it far,But to my dissapointment I was wrong.
    They were making small mistakes during games, Paying attention to detail is Key, because even small technical mistakes can be fatal at important games like that.

I won't go on ranting on every mistake they made....but I will say this: I am happy with season, I'm happy with what I see, guys show up at Camp in good shape and are willing to work hard for a new season.

So far our Pre-Season is looking Good, but there is still a LOT of work to do.

First off, I can't belive this guy put Our team behind Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal....Those are the worst teams in Canada. No Offence to those who like em'.

First Problem will heal, Second Problem will be solved as soon as Dubinsky cathes up with the rest of his team mates who started Camp on time. Avs(a.k.a. Avery) is already up & runnin' - so he's NOT a problem as of this moment.

True. There are a lot of great hockey players out there, and snipers, He's just gonna have to deal with it (As he he always have had in the past). He loves playing in New York, and he gets that there is a lot of pressure to play on "Stage", he loves it, and he's great at it.I mean they don't call him KING HENRIK for NOTHING!

One pice of advice though: Keep working on top shelf shots and Side glove.

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I certainly wouldn't call Montreal and Ottawa bad teams but I do agree with you about the Toronto Make Beliefs. And I proudly walk the streets of Toronto calling them the Make Beliefs :D I think one of the reasons the Leafs don't want a team in Hamilton is the fact that they,the Leafs, might actually have to put a professional team on the ice :D

9. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I have to agree with you there :D I would definitely not call Ottawa and Montreal bad teams *is a Montreal Canadiens/Ottawa Senators fan :lol:* But yeah, the Make Me Laughs are pretty bad :D But as much as I love Leafs bashing, I think I'll refrain for now. There may be a Leafs fan among us and I don't want to offend them

Anyway, I'm going to miss the game on Saturday. Sens v.s. Rangers :(. Hopefully, my team will pull through and win :D I'll be cheering in my mind.

10. CSINEWYORK000

Well, ok but Stats say otherwise.

Anyway, I wanted to do a poll, but since I can't we'll do it this way :

If You can Delete and Eliminate one (Canadian) team, Who will it be ?
    Be Careful.

Toronto Maple Leafs
    Ottawa Senators
    Calgary Flames
    Vancouver Canucks

11. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Vancouver Canucks. SORRY CANUCKS' FANS. But I love the Calgary Flames, we care about our team in Calgary big time. Ever seen the red mile? god that's fun :p
    But yeah, the Canucks are probably the biggest threat to us over Ottawa or Toronto.

http://a6.vox.com/6a00c22522e16b8fdb00d09e620c7ebe2b-500pi

12. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

What if I want to kick off Montreal or Edmonton? ;)
    Actually, I wouldn't want to get rid of any of the Canadian teams. I like you guys (most of the time). Besides, where would hockey be without some of them, even if they aren't that great. But Toronto gets my vote, try a little harder Leafs and I'll reconsider.
    There would be some American ones I wouldn't mind seeing go bye-bye though...

Anywho, I am having a hockey-ticket-buying moral dilema, which I feel you guys are most suited to helping me answer-

I am absolutely determinded that I am going to the Penguins-Rangers game this Friday. That being said, I really hate spending money.
    So, do I:
    a) buy the cheaper (but still kind of expensive) tickets that probably aren't the best, or
    b) spend a little more money (like $50-$75) on tickets I know I will love? :scream:

13. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Well...It's a Penguins/Rangers game, so it's gotta be good! If it were me, I would go ahead and buy the slightly more expensive tickets, because if you're gonna go, you gotta get good seats. What's the point of going if you're gonna miss something?! :lol:

And I agree with you, I wouldn't mind getting rid of Edmonton ... grrr

14. CSINEWYORK000

Lol,That idea went well....

I'd vote all of the above, minus Vancouver,cuz I like em'.

Since it's a one team vote.... First team I'd get rid off is Toronto. Funny eh? Considering I live there. Toronto Leaf Fans would destroy me if they knew that. Irony.

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Why we have to get rid of Canadian teams? :lol:

[I'd say Toronto as well]

CSINEWYORK000, where did you quote that text - that had listed teams?

Heh, pre-season lists are always "fun" - In our league we have a team that has been on bottom for some years
    (Our system is that every now and then the last team in our Elite League and winner 1st div [easier to use that term even it now has different name] play best of 7 and winner gets to elite league for the next year and loser plays in 1st div)
    and it' sbeen cheap and it was bankrupt in early 90s but then NHL players who have played for that team and were its juniors bought it (Sami and Kimmo Kapanen, Kimmo Timonen etc.) but still it kind of ..sucked thru the season, and some bit shots have wanted to kick it out, or drop it, for years and it has survived from these playouts with 1st div team. Well doh, lastyear they had a kickass season, no one of course expected it and then ended up being in finals, but lost those. And even thru the playoffs public opinion was that they'll be out (except me, I am a fan :p)
    And this season - they have started a kickass season again. Only one better - team that almost got to playouts with 1st div winner last year (they've won first 7 games out of 7 this season - it's a record)
    Our league has 14 teams

Anyways, look Pittsburgh - they finally got it right two years ago and last spring it finally gave it jackpot after a decade of failure.

Ottawa - how many seasons it was a kickass but playoffs started and it screwed up.

I can say that the only team that is certain to be on top even this season is Detroit.

Of course my cheers will go for the Ducks, would be great if Mr. Older Koivu would win Stanley Cup. He's ma hero <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.