Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

LOL:lol:, I just did that for argument's sake. And the list came from Coco Chanel's link...

Were just got talking about good/bad teams in Canada...right now Vancouver & Calgary are the two teams that are reperesting Canada in the NHL.

2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I believe my team will come back stronger :D I have faith in our new coach, Cory Clouston.

Anyway, if I had to pick a Canadian team to get rid of, I'd have to say the Leafs for obvious reasons. Seriously, I wish they'd just let Jim Basilie (Not sure if that's how you spell it) just buy a team and bring it to southern Ontario. A team in Canada is bound to be better for the NHL than a team in Phoenix or anywhere that they're planning to move them.

3. CSINEWYORK000

I detest Toronto Maple Leafs coach. I really don't think he's helping the team.
    And a few other things I can't mention.

As for Coyotes, I truly feel sorry for them. First they are bankrupt, then rich doofis comes along to buy the team,just because you have millions dosent mean you can hadle the responcibity of owning a hockey team!

And the whole moving, and changing logos/colours.....

If I was Gretzky I'd give up too.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  4. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Aw, I like the Coyotes. :) I even have a jersey, and if I didn't live 700 miles away I'd probably have season tickets.

I feel bad for them for them, and I think, with the right management and such, they could really be a good team. Take a look at their roster: they have a nice, solid group of players.
    No offense to Gretzky, but I don't think he was the right coach for the job. A not so great coach means you're probably not going to win a lot, and therefore probably aren't going to have a lot of fans, so no money. People are more likely to like you if you're doing good. (Toronto being the obvious exception, but they were good once upon a time.)
    I don't think moving them, at least for the time being, is the best option for them. Change the staff, players, whatever else around and see what happens. Maybe that will solve some of the problems, then relocate as a last resort. At least, that is how I feel about it anyway. :)

5. CSINEWYORK000

As much as I like the Rangers I'm not putting too much hope for this team, things are starting to look like last season a bit, and believe me that can't be a good thing.

Last season Rangers went through a lot of changes, which in some respects had a negative effect.
    Now with a new coach and new players - Will things turn up? Only time will tell. Will we have a better chance at the Stanley Cup? I hope so, we have two star players on our team Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist. Will that be enough? Again It's a matter of time.

I just hope that we will have a good season, I'm not asking for the Stanley Cup like last year. It's too much to ask for. But a good season I think as Rangers fan we have a better chance at that.

I this this team got plenty of defence & depth to be sucsessful. Now that Sundin left, there is open spot for younger players to prove they are worthy of wearing the Canucks jersey. Not to say, we were ever not happy with the veteran player, but with more youthful & energetic palyers Canucks can add more step into their games.

Actually, I'm putting More hope into Canucks this season, This team is solid in almost every aspect.
    I hope that this year they can make it into the final round, and have the chance to compete for the Stanley Cup.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. CSINEWYORK000

MATS SUNDIN RETIRES

Here's a translated interview from a Sweedish website:

Sundin ends: "It feels heavy"

Mats Sundin ends with hockey. But that does not mean that he places hockey last.

- I love hockey and will always have a close relationship with the sport. We'll see what the future holds for
    the continuation of hockey in any role, "said Sundin.

- There are mixed feelings, as I said at the press conference. To release elite hockey as a player ... there've been my life for so many years.
    Of course it's special. Heavily in a way, but also a relief because I can now proceed.

With what?
    - I do not know just yet. Now there is time and opportunity.

But you will long to return a bit when you sit and look NHL games and Three Crowns in the Olympics?

- Sure. Like you say, you have it there to go out before 20,000 spectators. There is nothing that can replace or restore the competitive element.

But you still have known that it has taken too much to fight back again?

- Yes, I know what it takes to play in the NHL and the elite level. I have not felt that I had driven it, and it has grown more and more.
    Can you imagine to be the coach or anything else in hockey now?
    - It may be emerging. I love hockey and will always have a close relationship with the sport. We'll see what the future holds for the continuation of hockey in any role.

~ He spent 13 seasons with Toronto, becoming the longest-serving European captain in NHL history, and he gave special thanks to the Maple Leafs organization.

~ In 1990, Sundin became the first European to be the top pick in the NHL draft, but despite a long and stellar career he never won a Stanley Cup.
    Source: Toronto Star

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  7. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ Kind of sorry to see Sundin go. He was a good player.

As long as the Rangers get out on the ice, try their hardest, and at least look like a coordiated team, then I don't really think there's a whole lot more we could ask for.
    Of course, having The Stanley Cup would be nice. Will they win it? In reality, probably not. To say that the Rangers would be long shot for the Cup would still be a stretch. So as long as they work together and at least put in the effort necessary to win, I'm satisfied.

Maybe they bought more into what Torterella was selling this season. The changes on the roster and coaching might be a good change for them.

Oh, and by the way...
    I got my tickets!!!! :D

I'm going to the first game, New York vs. Pittsburgh. Whoo hoo!

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Wow! That's awesome. I really wish I could go to a game :( Oh well, I can be just as enthusiastic while watching the TV :p

So yeah, tomorrow's my team's first actual season game :D Unfortunately, I can't watch it on TV due to the fact that I'll be out, but I'll definitely be cheering for my Sens in spirit.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/Tsukasloth/logo_senators.jpg

Seriously, we've had so many different logos but this one is my favourite :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  9. CSINEWYORK000

Hmmm...I wonder how will the Poster above me feel about this New Unofficial OTTAWA SENS LOGO

[​IMG]

.................I'm just Kiddin'............Happy Early Halloween:lol::guffaw::p

Anyways, Back to Hockey Talk : Vancouver is Down 3- 5 Calgary, Sadly I had more expectations much more from this team. With Thing goin well in the Training Camp & Pre-season looking promising.

I hope Canucks will go back to where they should be, and move up the latter...

Pissed off about not being able to watch Rangers v.s Pittsburgh:brickwall::mad: NO America Hockey in Canada...

Sadly, I have to settle for the Radio. I hope SpookyMeg is havin' fun!:thumbsup: Judging by the shouts, the audience is extatic!

I don't know much about whats goin' on out there visually, but there's plenty of talk about our Netminder (Henrik L.)

Anyway, I have yet to hear how this game will turn out...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  10. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

wooooooot :D soorry but the Flames are doing absolutely fantastic! I'm so happy, they're one of the only teams I like and they've been doing excellently this season, I think they're looking very good for the top of the western division :beer:

on a related note, they've started distributing these again where I'm from in Canada ;)
    http://www.talismancoins.com/catalog/Canada_2009_Hockey_MiniSetDollar_CAL.jpg
    Talk about spirit :bolian:

I'm off to the Calgary Hitmen (WHL) game this sunday, we've yet to be defeated, so thumbs crossed!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  11. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I'm going to say that I believe, unofficially, Calgary has the most spirited fans. I've seen the arena during playoff games and I am amazed at how red it is because of everyone wearing jerseys or shirts. It's awesome :D I mean, my team has a pretty loyal fanbase, but we aren't anywhere close to that.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/images/thumbnail/colorcalgaryred.jpg

That is what I call team spirit :D

12. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

thank you :) I quite agree, people here get a little crazy with their hockey. If I went to a Flame's game, moreso a playoff game, not wearing red I would be afraid to get beat up :p
    Here's another great shot actually taken by my friend a while back:
    http://a5.vox.com/6a00c22522e16b8fdb011015f31abd860b-500pi
    I believe it's a playoff game, the only reason you see the odd white person is because they're wearing away jerseys :rolleyes: I can't spot even one person supporting the opposing team!
    Another thing is Flames tickets are a coveted artifact. They have been consecutively sold out for almost 6 years now. It's next to impossible to get tickets unless you want to buy off eBay for $3 grand a ticket for seasons tickets. :cardie:

13. CSINEWYORK000

HELLO!

CAME BACK TO BRAG ABOUT MY RANGERS AGAIN:lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whhaaatttaa GAME!!!

RANGERS TAKE IT 5 -2 !!!!!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

NY RANGERS, fixed their game quite quick. Last game Rangers had a good game even though they lost. They had problems with Center Ice, and getting the little battles with the puck.
    But John Tortorella made it very clear that he's gonna make sure the guys get the guys get the message Loud & Clear, that those little puck battles are key. Not only that it was also getting the Rookies ready to play at the NHL Level.

This game against the Ottawa Sens, Talk about a change in the game -
    taking opportunity with the puck and capitalizing.

Brandon Dubinsky took the lead in this game, he proved now that he is ready to play. Scored 3 goals for the Rangers tonight!

Del-Zotto, Scored his first goal in the NHL, His prould parents were there.

Barshear added heat in the game, with a fight.

Marc Staal played well, a couple of smart plays tonight.

Cally, took a lead tonight...

Henrik Lundqvist - ROCK SOLID TONIGHT! Hope he stays that way for the entire season....He was magnificent tonight! Left Very Little Chance for Sens to Score...

and Aaron Voros -decided to leave Sens with a litte gift in the end of the game.

New Rangers proved tonight - We can beat you on ice, and physically! LOL:lol::lol::lol::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

14. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

NOES!!!! I missed the game but I heard about the outcome :( The Sens don't play again until Tuesday, when we play in Toronto against the Make Beliefs :lol: And again, I'll miss some of that because I'm working. But anyway, I'm not giving up. I mean, we've only played one game.

Oh, I didn't mention this (I don't think) but Anton Volchenkov walked into the store where I work with his wife during my first shift. It was pretty awesome :D

15. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ Wow, that's awesome Axel!

Alright you guys, I'm (finally) back on here after my hockey experience.
    I gotta say, it was the greatest day of my life. :D Watching hockey in person is so different than watching it on TV. I was really suprised at how much smaller the rink was and how cold it was in there.

Ok, so first of all, we had to go and pick up our tickets at the Marriott hotel across from the Arena. So I get out of the car and start to walk in the door, and who do I meet? Gary Bettman himself. We totally said hi to each other and he held the door open for me :)

Here I am outside of the Arena waiting until we could go inside. Yes, I am wearing a Penguins shirt, but the white shirt under it is the Rangers. ;) Here is a view from the inside, and here's my seats. The weren't the best because you couldn't see normal scoreboard, but we did have our own little one to watch.

I got to see the Stanley Cup which was kind of exciting, and we got to see them raise the banner for winning the Cup (got a free replica of the banner too) We got to watch the teams warm-up and practice. The Rangers got booed the whole game, and I got a lot of strange looks because I was cheering for them and the Pens. :) I got to sit behind one of the goals which was cool, so there was almost always something going on at my end. Also, Steve Valiquette just kind of hung out in the stands, which I thought was funny.

So, I had a fantastic time, and I'm already trying to figure out when I can go back :lol: I've got about 125 pictures and 3 or 4 videos of the game if you all want to see them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.