Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

thats good to know, glad no one went bonkers, yeah..when i saw the mvp presentation i thought I heard a lot of Booing and then it was just silence and i think shock had taken over to what had actually transpired.

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
  3. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ I love it!
    That is by far the greatest thing that I have seen in quite a while :D
    So cute!

4. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Hello,hello,hello,hello.........Hockey Fans !

It's interesting how quiet it is considering all the changes going on in the

N
    ational Hockey Legue.

Hockey season is starting soon - Oct 1st/2nd. So I hope that this Thread will start Booming again...

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh yeah, Koivu moved to Ducks :eek:

Habs have been lost for years but I think it's good for Saku to look for new challenges after 14 yrs in Montreal and hopefully Habs get new strength from changes (even it doesn't look good)

6. CSINEWYORK000

Aaahhh....The sweet sound of skate blades gliding on ice, the sound of hockey sticks moving pucks in the hands of a skilled hockey player...

That's how you know the Hockey Season started....

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!! :hugegrin::hugegrin::hugegrin::beer::beer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  7. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I have tickets to a Red Wings exhibition game this weekend....but I think my son is wanting his papa to take him instead. I am ready for the hockey season to start. Go Red Wings!

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, I'm happy :) My team, the Ottawa Senators, kicked the Lightning's butt yesterday in an exhibition game in Regina. We beat them 3-1. Although, they didn't have Lecalvier or St. Louis....

By the way, that Crosby picture is priceless :lol: As for Koivu going to the Ducks, all I can say is o_O

9. CSINEWYORK000

Vacouver Canucks are Kicking ass in the Pre-Season Games!!!!!!!:beer::beer::beer:
    Placing A lot of bets on Canucks....don't let me down!

The Rangers are catching up too...Hopefully whatever issues they have they gonna deal with em' before the regular season.

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I guess change does good for him. At least in pre-season games he has done well :D They are kickasspair with Selänne and ohoh in the Olympics!

11. CSINEWYORK000

NY RANGERS ARE ON THE ROLL

~ We beat Washington!! 3-2, not bad, though we could get more goals.

~ Our Roster is down to 23!

Things are lookin' pretty solid. Torts is doin' a good job.

Badside

Avs & Staal are out (due to injury) hopefully we'll have those guys back in the line up in no time.

12. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Hello fellow hockey fans :) okaay to start this off my team is without a doubt the Calgary Flames : ) and just in case you don't know I found this interesting.

As you may know Theoren Fleury has tried to make a comeback into the NHL via the Calgary Flames after 6 years of inactivity due to heavy alcoholism, and as of Friday, it turns out he couldn't live up to his agreement with Darryl Sutter (general manager). The agreement was that Fleury had to be one of the team's top-six wingers; if he wasn't, there would be no assignment to Calgary's AHL affiliate, he would be released. And he was.

There are 27 players remaining at camp and still a battle to see which forwards remain. Will it be Fredrik Sjostrom over Jason Jaffray and Colin Stuart? :shifty:

What many fans wanted to know Friday was: “Why did the Flames even bother to bring Fleury to camp? Twice, he violated the NHL's substance-abuse policy and made a mess of his time with the New York Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks.

Fleury also divorced his wife and had financial obligations to her and their two children. He tried business ventures, played baseball (briefly) for the minor-league Calgary Vipers and co-wrote a book about his life, which is due out next month.

Alright, my little rant is over :p I'm just saying I'm glad that we at least gave Fleury the chance :)

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I know Sean hurt his knee, but what is up with Staal? :confused:

But yeah, the Rangers aren't doing too bad. Got off to a rocky start there at first but they've kind of straightened it out since.
    Gaborik has done a good job so far I think. I had always liked him in Minnesota, so I'm really happy that now we got him :D As long as he can stay healty, I think he'll be a good player for us. (At least maybe he can score more than 20 goals for us)

Welcome Coco, always great to have another hockey fan. Calgary is a good team, and I liked that they gave Fleury a chance too. :) Just because he used to be a bit of a screwup doesn't mean he still is, so I'm glad they gave him an opportunity. He didn't do too bad either.
    I think they should keep Sjostrom in their regular lineup, but as a Rangers fan, I could be slightly biased :p Oh, and Nigel Dawes too, because I love him to pieces.

14. CSINEWYORK000

I remember watching an interview with Torts, and he mentioned something about hurting his ankle or something so he's out for a few days.

LOL:lol:, I though I was the only one stalking ex-Rangers!

I'm still upset about letting Sjostrom go, I think he was doing well with NY Rangers, I liked how he beat the rush to get the puck, he's pretty quick.

Not a huge fan of Dawes, but he's alright. Though his hockey skills need a tweak.

15. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Thaanks for the welcome :)
    I hope they keep Sjostrom in their regular lineup too, he's a fantastic player in my opinion.
    As long as we never ever get rid of Jarome Iginla, I'm okaay. :bolian: I love that man to death, he's one of the reasons the flames are great.

i'm recently learning more about the old team members of the flames, because two people I've known for years and years I've just made the connection recently that their fathers are Otto and Macoun if anybody still remembers them :p

and what's up with Staal ? I haven't heard anything about that yet.. :cardie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.