Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

LOL I was one of the lucky ones and was actually able to get tickets at face value and not spend an outrageous amount of money to go. With that - my tickets were nose bleed ones and I saw some in my price range going for $900+ apiece online. Craziness!!!

2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I looked at the prices for the tickets that went on sale for game six today and they weren't too bad. Seats in the front sections were on the higher end, but they were some that were farther back from the action in the $125-$150 price range. It's the ticket exchange that kills you. The tickets that went for $135 straight from TicketMaster were upwards of $360 if you tried to buy them off fans. That is crazy.

Well, your icon is cute whoever made it. :)
    I just wish Geno would smile in pictures more because he's absolutely adorable when he does.

3. CSI_Kat

That's what I paid $125 a piece. It was worth every penny for that game!! They don't show anything available for game 7 yet.

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Oh. My. God. Yes. Wow. That was amazing. Awesome game, and great saves by Flower at the end. Amazing goals by Talbot. Sid is the youngest captain to ever hoist the Cup, and what sweet revenge after losing it at home last year. :eek: Dear lord, that was so frakking awesome!

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Whoo!!!!
    I am like freaking out right now. I'm hot, and sweaty, and I feel sick, but man is it worth it! I'd really like to go outside and scream that we won but I don't figure my neighbors would like that. Actually, some of them are Pens fans, so they would probably join me.
    Max Talbot you are a superstar indeed! :D And Fleury, stunning.
    Got a little but worried there at the start of the third but we held on.
    How'd ya' like that Hossa? :evil:

Okay... I'm going to go breathe now. :p It ain't the Rangers, but I'll take it.

6. happyharper13

Lol. Word.
    I was freaking out in the third too, especially with Sid out of the game. And man was that an intense last minute. And oh my goodness, Evgeni Malkin, I love you. Wow.

On a relatively unrelated note, did you see the closing interview with Mario? That was so so sweet. Apparently, Sid is gonna continue to be his tenant.

7. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

One of the first things I said was "How's that karma, Marion!" ;)

I know. I was so worried when Sid went out. Not that the rest of the team isn't good or couldn't handle it, but it's never a happy thing when one goes down. And Geno, he's so cute. I bet his poor mother is having a heart attack. :lol:

I think it's adorable that Sid still lives with Mario, so I'm glad they're going to keep it that way at least for a little while longer.

8. Noel_687

Noel_687 Dead on Arrival

I didn't follow hockey til this season but when I heard that hossa signed with detroit hopin to win stanley cup finals I knew pittsburgh was gonna win.. I was cheerin for pittsburgh.

9. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

NOES! The Penguins won? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done :) Well, I had things against both teams. I really, really, don't like the Penguins and I didn't want Detroit to win twice in a row because then I'd never hear the end of Detroit being Hockeytown (WHICH IT IS NOT! If anyone is, it's Montreal.) But yeah. This season dissapointed me and now one of my teams main guys is asking for a trade :(

10. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I saw that, and was like "What?" It's not like he isn't accomplishing anything up there. 39 goals is pretty darn good, and there at the end you guys really made a good run at it. I think I heard someone say that Heatley was having issues with your coach? But, I suppose he's no good to you if he's not happy. :rolleyes:

And I've never figured out the whole "Detroit is Hockeytown" thing either. So what, they have a team, and so do thirty other towns, so aren't they all hockey towns...? I think Detroit is just trying to make up for the fact that their other professional sports teams aren't very good (i.e. - the Lions). ;)

11. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

so i was completely distracted last night and turned the game on waay too late. Saw the presentation of the mvp and the cup ....I cant believe I missed it. I am so disappointed the Wings lost...congrads to the penguins though. Anyone know where I can watch the game? I hope they didnt have any problems in detroit *rioting etc*
    Yes, the pengs are young and hot, i cant believe captain is only 21 wow.

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

GO PENS! \o/

And bwhahha at Hossa!

I actually woke up to see the game...3am is such an annoying time because it ruins your night from both sides :p

First I was scared, then after first pp it started to look good, even tho I didn't trust Fleury :p
    First goal was pretty much "wtf?" and couldn't even scream (doh, it 's 4am and everone else sleeping) and then quiet cheer again with 2nd goal. That was Osgood's fault.

Then 3rd perioid, when Pens got the penalty I left (I was tired and scared) and cheered when I woke up in the morning!

What a kickass season! What a kickass changing coach and winning! And dude hasn't even been the headcoach before!

And it was sad to see Sid injured (even I don't like him so much)

Ps. if someone has SC champions avas, lemmie know (something like SpeedyMeg has)

13. happyharper13

3 am? That bites, but it sure is a sign of commitment to the team :D What time zone are you in?

As for icons, I haven't made any yet and my schedule's been a bit hectic, so I don't know how long it'll be before I make any (hopefully by next season :shifty:), but there are some awesome ones that just got posted at the i_wanna_puck LJ community.

14. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I have some not very good avatars of the finals. Not very good as in I made them, if that tells you anything, because all I have is whatever Photobucket will let me do, and the free Photoshop online thingy. I was very bored today. :rolleyes:
    But if you're interested, you're more than welcome to them.

15. CSI_Kat

Well I live in the Detroit area and I was at the game last night and from what I can tell the Detroit fans were a bit shocked and pretty quiet when they left the arena and I didn't see any rioting when I left. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.