Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm glad they're not killing him off. That would have sucked. I think keeping him alive is a good choice cause he can always come back for visits which may help keep some of the audience who might have left after his last ep.

2. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

That would have sucked if they killed Delko off! One member of the team was enough....Yeesh!

And hah, looks like I was right about the romance playing out through the season! Oh boy. Maybe it won't be Ryan or Nat's season for change after all. -_-

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

CBS really sounded petty.Someone is with them for 7 years and their reaction is to just kill him off?Nice way to thank someone for their loyalty and hard work.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.This is one of my hopes for the season.

4. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i'm just glad we get to see him say goodbye

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

The first thing I thought when I heard for sure that Adam wasn't coming back was they couldn't come to terms on a new contract and sadly it was true. And EC just coming aboard...please! Noone brings in a new character unless someone was leaving. It wouldn't have surprised me if the tptb just killed him off; the writing staff here, IMHO, is kind of second rate and lacks imagination(ie no character development and lousy or no story arcs for a couple of characters who have been around awhile). Kudos to Donahue for thinking outside the box and showing Adam the respect he deserves.:thumbsup:

I wouldn't hold my breath:scream:. With the ongoing saga with the E/C's romance and adding the great Jesse, I see another season of Ryan and Nat pushed firmly in the background. And how many seasons does this show have left?! It may never be their time.:( Jon and Eva deserve better and I am afraid they won't get it:(

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I would have BEYOND pissed off if they had killed Eric off not only because he is one of my favorites because after 7 years he does deserve the proper send off as did Speed, I was upset when they killed him off too.

I am hoping for a positive closure to come out of E/C storyline, but I will take my thoughts on that to the shipper thread.

I hope that Ryan & Natalia get decent storylines this season, they are way overdue.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'll still keep hoping.There is suppose to be closure with E/C,so there may be only small amounts spread over 10 episodes and perhaps it will be discovered that Jesse isn't that great.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think there's still a good chance of getting storylines for Ryan & Nat.
    Eric won't be in every episode, & the ones he does show up for are only 10 out of 23 or 24 - those epis will likely have some e/c drama but for the most part I imagine it will be much more than that. They'll have to have good reason for him returning, like a connection to a case or something; & it's very possible it won't always have e/c thrown in there -- it's a tad idiotic (& not really possible either) to drag tension out through 10 full episodes -- besides, I have a feeling Eric will be next to screw things up & make thier situation worse -- that way tptb can put blame on both parties. Seems that's the usual pattern anyway.

So, I intend to keep my fingers crossed & remain hopeful for our neglected characters. According to Eva there's lots of changes to come, & that they all won't be paired off as much either, which could mean more grouping & a better balance of screentime. I also get the impression that this season will have that "switch out" feeling where the old stories will roll into new, & with that there's more of the chance for Ryan arcs, & Nat arcs.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree mjszud.That's at least 2 of us that will keep our fingers crossed.
    That "switch out" sounds interesting,perhaps that will be part of the changes to come.

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Totally agree. The writers tend to fall on the mediocore side of things and while they try hard to make up for it and make things better....things still often fall flat. And b/c of that they tend to go back to old habits, usually about 5 to 6 eps into the season we see things going back to the way they were. I mean they make the effort but also show that when they need to put more effort into it, they opt to abandon it. Which almost always translates into many characters getting left behind or left out.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Given that they use episode 1 to show how things use to be. They could have Eric return to his old job which would be a great excuse for him returning once in a while. He could return to his old self just as when it started. :rolleyes:. But as far as showdevelopment why keep him on?

Any return could spark renew debat whether or not Eddie does "it" better. And relation to former girlfriends or Ryan would seem odd. Yes in real life you do return and see your old co-workers but in TVland you only return to mess things up. Either to put forward trouble for another character or to be gimmic. Ever wondered why Alexx "happened" to there when Calleigh went to hospital. As a show ex - character is without point and are therefor use in the stange ways. Remember the Techguy from "All in".

Even if they choose to give Eric some major storyline in one episode; He would get some hanging out with Horatio -time and that would be it.
    We wouldn´t get the hiphuggertime that we love - you wouldn´t get your Eden time. And Ryan wouldn´t get to rise and prove himself as to a friendship future with Eric. LOL ...He might even just hang with Jesse ...LOL
    I could easily be proven wrong, but we are talking about showrunners that would have killed him off episode 1 and be done with that. So why should they be inovating later?

I am left wondering: Would I enjoy a drukendriver Eric? A playboy found with wrong type of girl? As a witness to robbery?Just dropping by to hand off some papers?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It is funny, every release I see for the premiere says Eric was shot by Calleigh in the finale but if you look at the pic of the team standing around his bedside for the premiere...other than the bandages on his head, he doesn't look like he is injured anywhere on his upper body. That is where the injury would be...the chest or shoulder area. I don't see a sling or bandages in that area.

Hmmmm.......

13. Miamikiller

Miamikiller Dead on Arrival

Is anyone can post on YT the CTV promo..I'm dying to see the Calleigh and Alex interaction...I just need to see this..please..I'm begging you...!!!!

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Why am I not surprised by it? :shifty:
    Gosh, I've always thought they were gonna kill him off even since when he was shot the first (and probably only) time. IDK I've always thought they were gonna move his bullet so that he could die and rest in peace. Guess I was right :shifty:

As for E/C, I still think they will never end it. TPTB wanted to end it by killing him off due to Calleigh's actions. What a way to close down the whole E/C drama, it surely would have worsened it, at least IMHO. Thank god they didn't do it.
    Surely E/C will never end and there will always be a wide open door for the two of them, but, fortunately, this doesn't mean I'll have to see depressed Calleigh crying for her beloved Delko :rolleyes:. Sorry, but I'd rather see them arguing all the time (even for all his 10 episodes) over s7 finale than seeing her totally distressed and depressed b/c of his death.

As for Adam, oh boy what a way to show him your gratitude TPTB? You sure know how to show it :rolleyes::lol:
    So, thank god that Adam Rodriguez and Ann Donahue were able to convice TPTB (let's call them like this b/c, othewise I'm gonna offend someone LOL) not to kill him off.

I really wonder what TPTB have on their mind. For god's sake, is that your way to show some respect towards a person who, despite all, has worked for you all this time??? Man!! I'm impressed by TPTB :rolleyes:

Yep, I noticd that too. No sling...nothing at all!!! Wonder what they're trying tell us. Please, just tell me they don't want us to believe she shot his head :p

15. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

THREE VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS MYSTERIOUSLY DROP DEAD ON THE COURT WHILE CALLEIGH'S TESTIMONY AGAINST DELKO THREATENS HIS FUTURE AS A CSI, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, OCT. 5

Cheryl Ladd ("Charlie's Angels") and Tia Carrere ("Dancing With the Stars") Guest Star

"Bolt Action" - Three volleyball players mysteriously drop dead on the court while Calleigh's testimony against Delko threatens his future as a CSI, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Oct. 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Sgt. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez

RECURRING CAST:
    Rick Stetler............................ David Lee Smith

GUEST CAST:
    Amanda Collins............................ Cheryl Ladd