Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I have a tendency to agree with this, bringing in EC will be a really bad move especially if Ryan, Natalia and Frank continue to be shoved in the background. Frankly I would have loved it if they ran with three CSIs (well, and Frank); it would have gotten H back into the lab and more screen time for Ryan and Natalia. Now I am afraid that the TPTB will go overboard pushing Jesse into the forefront. And I will join you in the p*ssed department InferiMaster if Jon gets shorted on time and story arcs:scream:

Despite everything, I really don't know what to think. I want to stay positive and hope for the best for Ryan, Nat and Frank, but I just don't know.

You know, watching the promos I don't think so. I think the blood on Sharova came from when they crashed. From the bullet hole on the windshield, if she HAD hit him, he might have crashed on site; I think it would have hit him in the head or upper torso. Does anyone else get this impression?

2. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

hey everybody. cbs just released a sneak peek of the season premiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5-rGirQdo

hopes it works. its a really cute scene between calleigh and eric and their first interaction with each other. just check it out.

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Interesting cut scene of him the on the operating table flatlining right before that scene between them.

I gotta say the writers are really pulling out the stops with the realism of the surgery and the injury. The last time they barely did anything....so it would seem like they are at the very least attempting to make up for their short comings the first time around. ;)

Has anyone posted the CTV promo yet?

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you so much for posting this :thumbsup:

Guess that our playboy Delko is back (well that's what he was when I first knew him) LOL.
    I just adore Calleigh's laughter....that was cute :lol:

Ohhhhhhhh brain surgery. Now they're getting too realistic LOL

5. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

love the clip and wow how cute does delko look with hair :drool:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I miss him having hair. :lol:

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Nice clip. I liked the part where Cal, says she doesn't hookup with her co workers and yet she reneges on that claim multiple times

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

But why is it once again a hiphuggermoment in the sneak peak? They are hauling in viewers (and lead on non- posting hiphuggers) on a storyline that will end shortly. The IA investigation (-" my former girlfriend") and lockerroomscene (-"they stand a world apart").

Being a huge hiphugger I get my hiphuggermoment and as ratings go usually go; It will pay off. But I still question whether or not it will backfire in the end:scream:.

This season should have been: intro new MD and exit old character Eric/intro new character Jesse. Some re-focusing to exiting cast to the loss of Eric would be sad but not main - attention of storylines.

If anything they should have faded out the importance of Eric episode 2.
    I would not be back to work or he is still in the hospital or .......
    A couple of scenes with team visiting him and let Jesse get some scenetime as intro.

Then episode 3 he could have choosen to quit work, been to sick to work and wondering whether or not he would work .....And let him off. In order to please hiphuggers and new viewers from "Kiss-episode" let him stay in relationship with Calleigh. Later on when Calleighstoryline needed it. Let them break-up. Leaving both Edenfans and Hiphuggerfans hoping he would return the "right" girl.

In my book they hype or re -focus attention on a character that is off in 5 episodes time. Which makes no sense to me????????HELLO....he is leaving or perhaps they are denying facts:lol:

9. laurmarie

laurmarie Hit and Run

i think i read somewhere emily said it's before all of the stuff that has happened to her as a CSI and how its changed her.....

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Jessie has plenty of intro.He is in the premiere episode ,and in the second episode he already has his shirt off and a possible butt crack shot,that's quite enough.

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I actually quite enjoyed the clip, whether I ship the pair or not. I've always been interested about Eric and Calleigh's first interactions just as I've been interested in the first interactions between Horatio/Eric, Calleigh/Horatio, Speed/Eric etc. so it was a nice treat. So whether or not their relationship ends soon, it's cool to see how they supposedly met.

Some may see it as the writers pushing the issue, others may like it and some could probably care less either way, lol. Hopefully it'll be an interesting episode all around.

As for the Jesse character (I know, I'm late)...I find Eddie Cibrian to be an okay actor and I've enjoyed him in some of his roles. I'm not sure I like that the character already has his shirt off in the second episode -- the writers really need to start introducing depth before bodies -- but I've stuck around through the constant revolving door of characters so I'll give him a chance too.

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

From what I have read (I can't remember if we can mention sources), we might be seeing more. In episode 5, they mentioned that Cheryl Ladd is going to play one of the "cougars" who is "out to seduce surfer boys" and "new series regular Eddie Cibrian". Yuck. I am already preparing myself for more EC than I want to see, and less Ryan than I want.:(

13. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i know it's interesting i love the clip on how e/c meet (which i never thought i'd ever say) but he was so sure he would get somewhere with that line oh well. :lol:

14. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I expected there to be E/C in the season premier, as well as very little Ryan and Nat. It seems E/C and Jesse seem to be focal to the first bit of the season, which doesn't come as a surprise to me at all. As I said before, we'll probably leave off the romance with speculation, and Jesse may sure enough become Horatio's wing man, hammering Ryan and Nat back down the ranks!
    That's not me being harsh, that's really just what I am expecting.

But if I have to be optimistic....
    I'm hoping that this new leaf TPTB are seemingly grabbing onto will have some good Ryan development for us to look forward to. If they can just give him something more than "the usual" and have him hold that story arc for more than one episode, then the season will be worth it for me. :)

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

This from Ausiello....on Adam's departure and the original fate of Eric Delko.......

So Emily's words rang true afterall.

But seriously how lame and petty can CBS get? Sounds eerily familiar doesn't it? Isn't that what happened to Speed? :shifty: This sooo explains why Adam might have told Rory to back off the premiere. And to be honest, I don't blame him. Karma people; karma!

We all knew the reason he was leaving was b/c they couldn't come to terms on a contract. When an actor says it is time to "move on" it is usually is code for "couldn't make a deal." But seriously for CBS to just say kill him...:wtf: Nice to know they value the last 7 years of hard work!!

I am happy to see that Donahue went to bat for him and we are going to see Delko live on and get a proper send off. Killing him off, imo, would have been taking the easy way out and such a repeat of what they did to Speed in season 3. And they said Eddie wouldn't be a replacement :rolleyes: Wow, they must really think we are extremely naive!

I wonder what his new profession is going to be? Maybe he will go back to the simple life he had before he joined the team....ya know the one we saw him doing in the flashback?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.