Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Oh no they interact....I just didn't put it in summary....sorry ;)

Totally agree :D His character is very boring and dry to me

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I'm the opposite as I've wanted a three way dance with all the CSI's and this is close enough

Oh ok. I"m looking forward to it..

3. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I am kind of interested in the cross overs. I really enjoyed watching DC and GS interact in the CSI:Miami-CSI:NY crossover. Hopefully we will see some of the rest of the team; maybe Ryan going to LV? I would love to see him and Greg interact:)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That is my wish too. Hopefully (if Ray does end up coming to Miami alone, which looks to be the case unforutnately) the Miami ptb will at least throw us a bone and have Ryan have to call the Vegas station for some kind of info on the case (cause maybe he can't get ahold of Ray and H) and Greg just happens to answer the phone and the two of them will at least speak to each other on the phone. :lol:

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Haha, I know already it's too much to ask for Greg to be involved in the episode. Oh well.

6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I have to agree with you. Nothing against Eddie, I've seen his past work he can act but I do believe he was brought on for eye candy now that Adam is departing the show. I love Adam and will miss him dearly on the show but I also watch for the rest of the cast and I would hate it if he got more screentime than the other cast members, especially considering he's new to the show.

7. delkolover

And yet unfortunately, that is probably what will happen. It is stupid and petty that when a new character comes on the writers seem to feel it is easier to write for the new character b/c he/she is "new" and in doing so they ignore the older characters. I personally feel it is b/c, as I said, easier to write for something new than something old. It is a cop out. This is a "cast" show...if it wasn't it would be called the name of whoever is the main star and I am tired of some characters being ignored. They (the writers) don't have to....they just need to make an effort in order to avoid it. And the show could go on without a new character being brought in. The cast is pretty crowded as it is and like you said, they only do one case per ep unlike the other two. And I know it is tv, but honestly, they take the unbelievable to a whole new level by having the team solve a case in ONE day. :rolleyes:

Name a tv show that hasn't done it with a new character? LV did it last season with Langston and are seemingly going to do it again. I think it is a rarity when a the new character in town boosts the ratings for a show. NCIS and Cote De Pablo is one of them. She is great actress with a great range and the writers for that show are far superior to ours. ;) But not many shows with main characters changes have seen growth in their success/ratings....I mean if there have been more where a replacement has made the show better in the ratings category do name them. I am not opposed to eating some humble pie every now and again. ;)

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I made a lot of these same points in an earlier post so of course I agree with you 100 %.I will always find it amazing that the writing staff is not creative enough to come up with stories for existing cast,but can come up with tons of ideas for a new character.Will a new character need to be bought in everytime the creative ideas come to a stop?The cast is pretty large,large enough to have the cast of characters work on two crimes if needed,or have the crimes take more than one episode to solve.That should give the writers challenges enough to be creative.

I really hope Miami doesn't go the way of Vegas when dealing with the new character,but I get that sinking feeling they will.
    Of course I woud be happy to share that humble pie with you delkolover.Despite what I feel,I would love it if the writers and TPTB shock the hell of me this season.I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  9. delkolover

I agree with ya. :thumbsup: As negative as I have been lately it is only b/c I have seen this very same thing with other shows that I have adored. Then when they pull this, I stop watching b/c the show goes down hill and usually right after that the show gets cancelled. I highly doubt that will happen with Miami but unfortunately, as many have said, this change doesn't seem like it is going to be for the better. Sometimes change can be good but I don't that in this case.

Creativitiy seems to be fleeting with the writers for this show so now that they have opportunity to write something "new" they will. Once it gets old, Jesse will no doubt fall in line with the rest of the cast and we will be right back where we started. I am honestly hoping the writers DO surprise us this year, I really am. But having read the spoilers for all the eps thus far...I don't see much change nor do I see anything overally interesting that has me saying "I can't wait to see that ep." Now some might say that is b/c I read the spoilers but I can't say I would be excited if I didn't read them. I am soo not excited for this season at all. Which is sad b/c I do love this show. :sad:

I also think that Adam leaving was probably known by a select few before last season ended. Far too many odd things happened. He and Calleigh were both out of character in the season finale....Sure couples fight and I could see them having a disagreement over him helping his father but it all felt too rushed and this injury is giving the writers the perfect opportunity for his character to have a reason to want to take a step back and leave....I do not believe in coicindences and all that taken together seems like one.

All I do know for sure is I am going to enjoy the 10 eps that Adam is in and attempt to enjoy the rest of the season. I got one favorite character left and if she leaves, well.......Too many questions have been left unanswered and there are too many "odd" things going on. Far too many for the knot in my stomach to go away and not say that in some way, all roads lead to one thing......;) And believe me, if the season premiere blows....I am not going to hold back my contempt. You will hear the actual truth of what I thought about it :lol:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  10. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

just saw two times the promo on ctv ... it's way better then the one on cbs ... i hope someone will post it on yt ...

11. delkolover

I really wish someone would frickin post it already!! :lol:

So I just rewatched the end of the finale and again and have been thinking about the promo we saw here in the states and have been wondering; do you all think that Calleigh hit with any of her bullets? Sharova said Eric was bleeding while he was driving and that was why he crashed. I think there is more to all that than meets the eye. i don't trust Sharova...Eric can't remember how they ended up out there and it just begs the question of why they were out there in first place. If he was going to bring Sharova in then why were they out there? Hopefully before Adam departs the show, we will know the answer to that question. And hopefully there will be closure with that Sharova storyline. All we have heard about or seen is his head injury and personally when I saw the CBS promo, in the glimpse we got, I didn't see any bullet wounds on him. And in the spoilers the emt in the ambulance only mentions his head wound.

So do you think she hit him?

12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I definitely didn't see any wounds where Calleigh could have hit him. ^

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm guessing it's all a chain of events kind of situation. She fires the shot, he ducks, the bullet either misses him completely or just skims his head, he starts having troubles due to the fragment in his brain, the car get's out of control, it wrecks, Eric stumbles out disoriented, walks around aimlessly, then collapses.

Some things might be left unexplained & also seem ridiculous, but I'm thinking back to Vegas' 'Dead Doll' when Sara was in the desert --she was dehydrated & in pain, yet she managed to walk far enough that a damn helicopter couldn't even spot her, so it isn't that far-fetched to think that Eric will wander around the glades for no apparent reason even though he's hurt.

Also, I'm not going too much into what tptb showed in the finale. In "concluded" episodes, they tend to scrap parts of the original cliffhanger just to avoid giving everything away (think 'Shock' going into 'Rampage' in S4). For all we know, they could flash back to that scene & show the bullet hit him this time, or whatever it is that causes the wound that we didn't see in the finale.

14. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

15. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

noealonso, thanks for the pics! Looks like Jesse will be in quite a situation on his first day back. Do you guys realize that in one week we will be talking about the premiere!? I'm getting so excited for next Monday and I know I'm gonna cry at least once during the episode. It's a good thing they aired the season finale last night, because I needed to refresh my memory on what happened and I needed to see the first twenty minutes since I didn't get to see it when it first aired. All I know is the anticipation is building and all these spoiler pictures and rumors just make it even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.