Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think Eddie's a bad actor by any means. I just think that his acting style is different. Maybe he's more suited for daytime drama than primetime. :lol: He did basically get his start on Y&R and then moved on to Sunset Beach before it was cancelled. After that he moved to primetime.

Anyway, maybe he'll surprise us. I have to say that when I saw Megalyn on that ep of Supernatural, I didn't care for her acting at all. However, when she joined Miami, I was surprised that her acting had actually improved. Practice makes better, I guess. I still didn't care for the character of Tara and didn't think she fit in with the rest of the cast. But, I did think her acting had improved some. So maybe that will be the case with Eddie.

Anyhoo, I wish Adam the best and if it was his decision and solely his decision to leave, then I respect that. If tptb just decided to let him go, then that isn't something I'm happy about. They're the ones that decided to bring in someone new and we'll just have to wait and see if it was a good decision or a bad one. I personally don't think it was needed, but since I kind of like Eddie, I'm willing to give it a chance. And like I said before, it could have been much, much worse... as they could have hired someone like K-Fed who is only famous because of his link to Britney Spears. :lol:

As for the spoilers... Well, I'm still undecided about the crossover thing. Since it appears that it'll only be Langston crossing over and my dream of seeing my faves from all shows interact seems to be crushed, I may record the ep and only watch the parts with my favorite characters. I think it's completely selfish of tptb personally to only allow Langston to go when others are totally open to the idea and have been there longer. Why can't they have two people go to Miami like they did last time? Or two from Miami (I know H has to be one of them, but why can't Ryan be the other- my luck they'll have two go and the second will be the new guy from Miami lol) go to Vegas if need be. Why does it have to be only the leading men that get to have the crossover fun? Completely unfair. And if this is the way its going to go down, I personally hope all three eps (the crossovers) flunk badly in the ratings and get creamed by some stupid reality show. :lol: Or in Vegas' case, Greys Anatomy. :lol:

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm excited for David cause he seems thrilled to work with LF again, but as a viewer I'm still on the fence mainly just because I'm afraid it will be more H & Ray Langston than anyone else. If they manage to spread it out to where we aren't seeing him solo or paired with H at all times, then it might make for some interesting interaction & an enjoyable episode.

I'm curious to see how it all works out. In most cases, Miami solves the crimes in a day, & it's pretty obvious it won't be this way since Langston will travel to NY for the same case. Where does it leave the Miami team since it won't be solved? Will they just put it in Ray's hands & send him on his way to finish the case alone? I'm interested in seeing how they pull that one off.

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I was just thinking the same thing, I would love to see Ryan in Vegas with Horatio. I think it would play well to him getting over his gambling addiction. I am sure Ryan wouldn't fall off the wagon so to speak but I would love to see his eyes widen like a kid in a candy store once he sees the bright lights of Vegas.

Maybe they'll find Delko in Vegas or NY.... :lol:

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I just figured that David and Rex's sex appeal went without saying. ;)

But seriously. You're right. Caruso has a huge number of fans and Rex has a significant number of fans as well. I'm a huge fan of both of those gentlemen.

And both are quite sexy in my book. :thumbsup:

But I don't think most tweeners would agree with us - and that is who TPTB are always playing to. :rolleyes:

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I don't have any opinion about Eddie's acting. Never seen it before. I'm sure he's fine- I've seen some bad actors in my time.

This sounds like a set up for the crossover to me....Body being transported from LV to be dumped in Florida...

6. GregNickRyanFan

According to Adam, it is ten eps total that he will be in. :) Which means his twitter comment a while back about having "nine more to go" was about the episodes. :)

7. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Funny that people all mention sex appeal, acting, and awards. I'd never even HEARD of David Lee Smith before seeing him in Miami.

To my knowledge he's never won any awards. To my knowledge he's never taken off his shirt for a role. Of course he's really hairy, and that might scare the children! :lol: But I was allowed to see and judge for myself just how fine an actor he is. And he has sex appeal. Those eyes, that cute, self-assured smile, that pout, and that tall, slender build.

Who says you have to have tons of awards? That just means the right people noticed you. Who says you have to run around half naked to be considered sexy? Something tells me DLS has proven himself, even when the writers gave him flawed story lines (like every other actor in this series) and only a few lines per epi.

What say we give Eddie Cibrian a chance? The poor guy has some big shoes to fill.

Incidentally, I was just looking at those veins in his arms. Me having a medical background, I bet he's really easy to draw blood from! :p

8. GregNickRyanFan

:guffaw: That made me giggle. :)

9. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Hey if you guys haven't checked it out yet, hop onto the CSI Miami page at cbs.com. They've done some nice changes and guess which of our sexy men is headlining the page with David and Emily?? :drool::drool::drool:

I don't think we'll have anything to worry about. :)

10. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

originally posted by miamifan08
    YAY!!! Hurray for Wolfe!!!

11. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

yay awesome wohoo:D

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I can't get over the feeling that this is just a gimmick. If that is all there is, Jon can just leave his shirt on. Act with those gorgeous eyes:lol:

Don't think that hasn't entered my mind delkolover.

Eddie is too pretty for my tastes (that was my first reaction to him the first time I saw his picture). Adam and Jon are good looking and sexy without the pretty factor.

Although I am unhappy Adam is leaving, I hope he is leaving on his own accord and I wish him the best either way. IMHO, the jury is still out on EC.

YES!! That actually made me feel a little better about this season. Go Ryan:thumbsup:

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ok so I am working my way through the spoilers for 807 but before I post everything I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this is ep is the first of the 3 show crossover! I saw Ray Langston's name come up as Calleigh was talking to him about victimology and how their crime might be related to one that happened in Vegas. We also see Horatio meet Ray at a heli-pad for his arrival into Miami.

Whe I am done getting through everything, sorting it out and making sense of it for myself...I will post a blurb ;)

EDIT:

807 "Bone Voyage"

As I said above this ep is the first in the crossover eps.

The ep opens with a panicke mother, Brenda Turner, entering MDPD wanting to know why no one will help look for her missing daughter. A desk officer tells her that her daughter has be missing for at least 24 hrs before anything can done on their end. Brenda doesn't want to hear it, she knows something has happened to her daughter Ashley. Horatio agrees to try and help the distraught woman....even though missing cases aren't their area. Brenda plays a message Ashley left on her voicemail telling her she was coming home b/c things were like they were supposed to be but the message cuts off before she can say why. Brenda tells Horatio that Ashley came to Miami from their small town outside Orlando with asperations of being a model.

As Bredna argues with the police office we cut to Ashley frantically running through Alligator Alley....very obviously trying to escape something or someone. Unfortunately, it is too late for Ashley.

I am not sure how Ashley's body or her pieces, yes pieces, are discovered in Alligator Alley. From what I can gather her belongings begin turning up (ie her credit cards) and those who found them lead the team back to Alligator Alley where her arm and leg are discovered. As the team investigates it they find another leg believing it to be Ashley's...only it turns out it is from another murder victim cut up like Ashley. Enter Ray Langston who is contacted by Calleigh when their cases look to be related.

Eventually the team gets a suspect, Nathan Cole a butcher, in custody who admits to killing and cutting up Ray's victim Lindsay. He won't cop to dumping the remains. He says that was someone else's job. He says he will do the time for Lindsay but not for Ashley....he had nothing to do with her. After he is taken away Cal and Ray agree that they believe Nathan when he says he didn't kill Ashely. which can only mean one thing; there are two killers and the one on the loose may already have his next victim lined up.

Trust me, there is a lot more going on this ep than I described above....I don't want to give everything away...little details and such...just wet your pallet. ;)

Got a little bit more info on the Walter Simmons character. It would seem that Walter is a detective like Tripp who has begun working wih the team. That is really all I know about him right now.

Oh and Valera is in the ep! ;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

RE: Ep 807

Sounds like a good episode but no interaction with Ray and Horatio?

15. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for the info. :)

Glad to hear there's a new detective working with them. Maybe they'll be able to do two cases per ep now. :)

I'm glad Valera's in the episode. I was beginning to get a little worried there. :lol:

I'm still extremely uninterested in the Ray Langston stuff though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.