Gil <3 Cath #31: Purejoy - Sexing Up Sin City!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Stepherweps, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

They've actually grabbed each other's hands a couple of times. They did it in Stalker, when Catherine comes out onto the roof with him, and they did it in And Then There Were None, where Catherine helps lift him up from beside the totalled car.

It's actually quite cute, because I think a lot of those have been ad-libbed.

What's great is that Billy and Marg obviously "get" PureJoy, and they effortlessly ad-lib words or even just looks, into the show to satisfy our PureJoy needs ;)

YAY for a new thread - because hi - if anyone sexes up Sin City and sets it on fire, its these two.

2. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I think that's the one I'm looking for, the second one.

I love their interactions, be it touching innocently, or a hug, or even just an exchange of the eye. They just understand each other perfectly. So much can be conveyed in a glance, the raising of an eyebrow, or a wink.

I know that Billy and Marg are Purejoy shippers. lol It's clear in their interviews for magazines, and uh, hello, need I mention the ET segments?! :devil:

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Gosh, I live for those ET segments.:drool:

I totally agree with you, Anne. Even the actors themselves can see what we see and know just how to play off each other the way the characters would. I'm sure a lot was ad-libbed cause let's face it, no writer is that good to come up with what those two have done. It's all 100% Billy and Marg and that's why we love them.:D Oh what I would give for them to write an episode. I think we'd be highly satisfied.:devil:

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I'm with you guys, the ET segments are awesome, hehe, and like you said 4_H, if they were to write an ep, I think we'd all be more than satisfied... Hehe, maybe someone should suggest that to TPTB... :devil:

Well, I'm in the middle of watching Lady Heather's Box, and I'm ashamed to say that it's for the first time... This ep is an amazing one, Catherine is great in it, I loved her interaction with Eddie at the start, and all of her interaction with Lindsay, she's just been fantastic, she hasn't had much interaction with Gil, but again, he's been awesome, especially in his interaction with Lady Heather, this is one very well written ep. :D

5. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I can watch those ET clips over and over and over. Those two are so cute and adore each other. Maybe if Grissom were to ever come back to CSI for a guest spot we can get The Kiss Part 3. :luvlove:

I loved LHB for the writing/amazing acting, but from a Purejoy POV, it upset me. I hated that Catherine wouldn't accept Gil's comfort after she saw Eddie in the morgue. She just blew him off and then turned around and took comfort from Warrick and Nick. Completely out of left field, especially for a duo who go as far back as Catherine and Gil do.

6. Stepherweps

Yep, I totally agree with you Katie, it is a totally fantastic ep, and both Billy and Marg are amazing in it, but when it comes to Gil and Cath, it's really not a great episode for them as friends... Cath totally blows him off when he tries to comfort her, that's not something that you wanna do to your best friend at a time like that... After that, it doesn't really come as a suprise that he spends the night with Lady Heather...

7. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

I know we kinda already talked about it in the last thread, but I watched 'Grissom vs The Volcano' tonight, and the beginning scene, with Griss shoving Cath up against the car... *melts into a puddle of goo on the floor*
    I love how he had absolutely no regard for his own safety; Cath was his primary concern. How cute is that!

Was talking with my Twin (CathWillows10) on Twitter while I was watching and she said 'lol oh yea baby! Protect your woman!' My thoughts exactly!!! We all know he'd protect Cath to the death if he had to!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Personally, I never did understand that.:confused: I mean, of all people to lean on at a time like that, who better than your best friend? I agree that LHB was a good episode all around, but it just sucked for Purejoy.:(

It's ok, we can talk about him pinning her to the vehicle again cause that's just hot.:devil:

BTW, ya'll can call me Ash if that makes it easier for ya.:thumbsup:

9. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I mean if it would have been done with Cath knowing that Gil slept with Lady Heather, then I could kinda get it (even if I didn't like it). But yeah, that came completely out of left field with no explanation or basis. I like to pretend at the end that Gil was outside Catherine's house while Lindsey was comforting her :lol:

That scene never gets old. I also love the start of Dead Ringer when Gil is giving Catherine "motivational" music. My oh my those pigtails :devil:

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think maybe one of the reasons they were so uncomfortable in Lady Heather's Box was because Eddie had a lot of history for both of them.

I mean, at one point, Catherine and Eddie were very much in love, and Gil knew that, and he probably found himself unable to know how to help her. He's never been very good with his emotions, and he could see how easily Warrick and Nick were able to comfort her, and Gil probably felt frustrated that he wasn't able to do that - not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't know how.

And I think on Catherine's part she was full of emotion - almost losing Lindsey, hatred at Eddie for what he did, but then a lot of sorrow, because at one point she did love him. And with her feelings for Gil, maybe it was hard for her to express how she felt towards Eddie to Gil, especially since Gil had been a witness to all the hurt that Eddie had given her.

I like to think that perhaps afterwards, maybe at the funeral, Gil was there. I think sometimes that's all Catherine needs - him to just be there.

11. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

*sticks head in* Keeping the GCR love strong I see :D

YAY NEW THREAD! Woocha! *throws confetti*

Love the title by the ways. Hope everyone's good.

12. Stepherweps

I'm with you Ash, it was an amazing ep, but when it came to Purejoy it kinda, sucked... But I also agree with Anne's reasoning... I think that Gil found it hard to be there for her, because he wasn't sure how to deal with his own feelings, never mind being there to help Cath with hers, which I'm sure were a mess at that time... I think that he felt bad that he couldn't be there for her, especially when he saw Nick and Warrick were able to be... But I can only begin to imagine how it tough it must have been for Cath, not having her best friend with her at that time...

13. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

FINALLY I get to use your REAL name on the threads! :p Just kidding, Bestie/Ash ;p

"I haven't had sex in six, no, seven months!" -Catherine-

(after seemingly considering his choice of words) "How can I help?" -Gil-

GOOOD I LOVE IT!

"What else do I need to know about, Catherine?" -Gil-

"That's everything" -Cath-

I LOVE that scene (I can't remember for the life of me the episode name)...It's just the best example (ok, not the best, but one of them) of Purejoy ever...They joke, they get serious, they can confront each other, and then it all just beautifully works out in the end.
    None of that came out quite how I wanted, but ya'll get the idea ;) It's super sexi...

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Oh yeah, it's obvious that Gil's not the emotional type and isn't really comfortable with it cause he doesn't know what to do. I'm sure it was hard for him to watch Catherine go through the emotions and not know how to help her. Neither one made it easier on the other, but as Anne said, I like to think that at some point he was there for her. Whether it be at the funeral, drop by her house, or where ever.;)

Oh oh, wasn't that scene from Early Rollout? Ha, we know exactly how he can help and so does he.:devil:

Hey ams, nice to see you post again.:)

15. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Hey, Anne, good call. You put a totally new perspective on that one for me. I guess that's what the writers were aiming for there, and if you look at it your way, then they nailed it perfectly. The tension was so thick in that scene, sigh.

Another scene I love was in Cool Change when Catherine goes to get the scrapings from Holly and Gil is there for her. She says that he didn't have to come, but he replies that he wanted to in case she needed him. So sweet.