Gil <3 Cath #31: Purejoy - Sexing Up Sin City!

I loved his expression and then him saying "When you're through with your investigation (lol) can you take Hank out?"
So, here's what I wanna know, just how long was he expecting her to stay and was she there to take care of Hank while he was gone? Ya know, she could've just waited until he left to go through his apartment, but no, she wanted him to catch her. She wanted him to know that he should've and could've talked to her. If you can't confide in your best friend, who can you confide in?

Speaking of TV Guide, they've always been pretty G/C centered. They've had like two or three polls, that I know of, where you could vote on who Grissom should be with and guess who won everytime...CATHERINE. Maybe that's why I subscribe to them.:lol: Seriously though, everybody can see the heat between these two. A lot of magazines have made that point. It just can't be denied.

Last edited:
I think Gil knew that she was bound to snoop around... I mean they've been best friends for long enough to be totally comfortable around one and other... I mean, I know when I go to my best friend's house, and when she comes to mine, we make ourselves at home and treat eachothers house like our own... :lol: So I think Gil knew that was what Cath was likely to do... I don't think he minded much, and just made something playful out of it, but like you said Ash, she wanted him to know that she was there for him if and when he needed her...

I also agree with what you've said, so many different sources have picked up on the chemistry between Gil and Cath, that it simply cannot be denied... They NEED to get together...

It's so cute how he reacted, too. "When you're through with your investigation, can you take Hank out for a pee?" as Cath just stands there nonchalantly like "I didn't do anything..." holding the picture. :lol: What's not to love with those two.

I vote that this season, Grissom dump Sara and Catherine can be the one who comforts him and they realize all along that they are meant to be. <3

Oh, now there's a scenario that I'm all for Katie... :lol:

Haha yep, it was so cute the way she acts all innocent as if she hasn't done anything wrong... Aww, they just have the cutest realationship. I just hope that we'll get to see some more of it some time soon. I need a return of Gil, even if it's only for 1 ep... I need a Purejoy fix. :adore:

I should totally jack the writer's computers and fix their scripts...Marg: "Grissom and Catherine do WHAT?!?!?!"

Ahem. I can't wait to get my Season 9 DVD tomorrow...so many...well, I don't want to say final Purejoy moments, cause like I said before, Grissom's gonna come to his senses and come back this season to sweep Catherine off her feet. But anyways, there's so many cute Season 9 moments, like their "date" at the end of Young Man with a Horn, or The Wink, or do I even dare mention the "I knew before you knew..." talk?

How about a little snippet of PureJoy from one of the CSI novels? I find this SO Cath and Gil - and so perfect that no one else understands their game except them.

From Nevada Rose by Jerome Preisler:

“I see Grissom’s at it again,” she said, sitting down between Warrick and the chessboard.
He grunted. “Probably the Green Man business,” he said. “You know he’s got a case on mind when he breaks out the board.”
Catherine glanced cautiously at the entrance to the room. After a moment, she reached over, slid a white pawn from one square to the next with her fingertip, and then did the same thing with a black pawn.
Warrick looked at her. “What’s up with that?” he said.
She grinned slyly. “I’ve been doing it for years. Gris still hasn’t caught on. Can’t figure out why his solutions take so long.”
--
After a brief search through headquarters, Sara found Grissom sitting over his chessboard in the break room, a white pawn in his hand.
“How’s it going?” she said from the entryway.
He glanced up at her. “Catherine’s been moving my pieces around.”
“Again?”
“It’s never-ending.”
“Why don’t you tell her to cut it out?”
Grissom’s brows knitted. “Because then she’d know I’m on to her,” he said, sounding as if that should have been readily apparent.

LMAO Anne, that's probably one of the cutest things ever. I could totally see her doing that. I love those novels. I've only read a couple, but I like them.

:lol: Aww, that's so cute, thanks for posting it Anne. I can totally see something like that happening, neither one thinking the other is on to them, they're both too stubborn to tell the other... Much like how they actually feel about one and other... Their love is apparent to everyone but the other, they're just too stubborn to actually come to terms with their feelings, and act upon them... :lol:

'Moving my pieces around again..' OH BABY. :devil: Stick THAT in your juicebox and suck it!!!!

I LOVE it....absolutely love it!!

The total sexiness of this ship is like NO other...it's hot hot hot.

:lol:That is funny...and so them. I swear he'd let her get away with murder.:lol: Come on, he's not gonna tell her to cut it out. He enjoys it too much.;) It's like he thinks he's got the upper hand by letting her get away with it, but at the same time, she thinks she does because he's not called her on it. They've got their own little game that they play with each other. They definately know how to work each other.:devil:

Hehe, glad you guys enjoyed those. Would you like more? Let's have more. These are from In Extremis by Ken Goddard. I like this first one, because Catherine is always baiting Grissom, and that's adorable. I also love the second one, because Catherine's so kickass.

“Nick, Sara, I’d strongly suggest you switch over to four-wheel drive, have everyone double-check their safety belts and weapons, and then follow us up the road, staying tight on our” – Grissom glanced over at Catherine, who had her eyebrows raised in an “I dare you” look of anticipation – “bumper.” As Catherine rolled her eyes skyward, he added: “I have a feeling things are about to get interesting.”

Jane Smith made the mistake of jabbing her bare finger into the center of Catherine’s chest.
Grissom saw Catherine look down at the finger pressed deep into her Kevlar-filled vest in disbelief, and then back up at the wide-eyed snitch. In a single smooth motion, she grabbed Smith’s offending wrist with her right hand, twisted it around, and then wrist-locked the stunned young woman to her knees.
“You don’t get to do that,” Catherine said emphatically.

HA, it's like he knew what she was thinking before he even said it. He wanted her to challenge him and she did just that. I bet she knew he wouldn't say what they were thinking. That's something Cath would do. He should've just let her finish the sentence, but no, he had to go suck the fun out of the moment....at least for her.:lol:

That's what I love about those novels. They seem to always have some great G/C interaction in them.:)

i loved all of them :) especially the chess game. that was fantastic

Last edited:
Haha, these are awesome too, the first one is so funny, I can totally imagine a scene like that, I love the way they dare eachother to do and say things like that, again it just shows the depth of their relationship and just how comfortable they are around one and other, it's that silent bond that makes them great. :adore:

The second one is awesome, I love how Cath's protecting her man. :devil: Especially when she said "You don't get to do that!" I can totally imagine Cath coming out with something like that, she's the only one that gets to touch Gil's chest. :angel:

Hehe, these are fab, thanks for sharing them Anne. :D I agree with you Ash, the books are awesome, seems like the writers always pick up on the amazing chemistry between G/C... Most of the ones I've read practically have them in a relationship, only don't outrightly say they are... Much like in the earlier seasons. ;)

Sigh, Anne, I'm trying this thing where I don't spend money, and after reading the last two excerpts, I've decided that I must get that book. So thanks! ;)

Seriously, I love the excerpts. The first one is so them, cause you know that Catherine's facial expressions when Gil talks sometimes is just priceless. And the second one? I just love when Catherine goes all meow!

Back