Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thanks you Smokey I remember it well, and your right on all points, She's a positive force and part of the original team and it will work out to their and her advantage~It's a good thing!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good point, Smokey. I hope you're right and that the actual scenes turn out better than the spoilers make them sound. :)

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Thank you, Smokey. :)

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

The actors have done interviews that contradict so you never know what they really are thinking. I have read interviews where Billy wasn't happy and announced he wanted to leave, but it took a few years until he left for real. I have read interviews where Marg talked about not being happy about Catherine's lack of sparks and contemplating whether to renew her contract. She stayed eventually. Also, one interview can be interpreted in different ways depending on the person reading it. I agree the old cast members must miss those who left. They were a tight team after all, and they got along really well. But that doesn't necessarily mean they like what's planned for the show. They are separate matters. I agree that there have been a few harsh comments on Jorja, but most people here are talking about Sara's return and the plans TPTB have for that, not about Jorja.

And I really hate to say this...I understand that it has nothing to do with Jorja herself and that she's just showing her loyalty and gratitude. However, the way the producers are pimping Sara's return and their plans for her is making her look bad to people who aren't her fans. I feel bad for her for that matter.

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Keeping in the speculation vein because it really doesn't matter what I personally think about Sara returning. TPTB didn't ask me. And I'm a GSR fan...:lol:

If they want to go back to the "family" atmosphere then Sara is the character to bring back. Even in For Warrick when she was with them around the table discussing the case, it just "felt" right. She wasn't stepping on anyone's toes. She didn't try to take over. She merely added something to the scene by being there. To many fans, she "belongs" there. Much more than LLS or even LF.

I strongly feel that NS was saying that in the episodes that Sara will be in that she's going to have more than just 30 seconds of airtime. I don't think he meant that she's going to have "ALL" the airtime.

As far as her returning as a CSI, no one knows how she really left the lab back in 2007. She left Grissom a note but did she do the same with Ecklie? It wasn't specified so whatever anyone says is pure conjecture. She may have given notice. If she had PTSD and it was any way exascerbated by Natalie abucting her, then she could have a worker compensation case on that.

CSI has been known for 9 years for giving us more questions than answers. This is just their new set and looky how well it's stirring everyone up...

6. Truth7

Truth7 Victim

And that is why Sara is my favorite character. If she was a perfect character, she would not be interesting, she would just be a wall-paper to any scene and not just a interesting wall-paper but a plain white wall paper which is totally boring when it comes to times to look it.

So while to some people all the characters are better than Sara, for me, I would take Sara over any of the other characters any day of week, even over my other favorites.

7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Nick sleeping with Kristy did not present a good reason for him to be fired. When it comes down to it, all he did was sleep with her, which is by no means a crime, nor is it, I would imagine, a violation of LVPD rules. Catherine blowing up the DNA lab was an accident, so I don't really see why she would be fired for that. And they would never fire Grissom because his violations of LVPD rules always ended up being for the better. He only broke rules to get the cases solved, and he was successful. My impression is that his higher-ups appreciate that in the long run, even if they begrudge him it when and/or before it's happening. The only time when he really broke rules that I can think of where it was for the worse was when he helped get Sara let off the hook with the DUI. With Warrick, I can see it both ways. Nonetheless, Warrick was much more solid over the years, at least until his totally OOC and contrived exit arc. So yeah, when it comes down to it, Sara still should have been fired.

8. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Wasn't Grissom's relationship with Sara a violation of LVPD policy? Did that end up being for the better also?

The bottom line is that for people who don't like Sara, she could cure cancer and they would still bring up her insubordination to Catherine that happened what almost 5 years ago? It's fine. I was just trying to point out that all of them are human but I guess everyone else can be forgiven of their sins...

9. Snowkitty

Snowkitty Victim

What about Catherine's use of blood evidence from a case to establish her own paternity, a misuse that got the case thrown out of court? That would have definitely caused a CSI IRL to be fired, and possibly open them up to civil and criminal penalties. Blowing up the lab was an accident, but she knew exactly what she was doing when she tested her blood against Sam Braun's, and she did it anyway. (If Grissom was too lenient with Sara after the DUI, he was also far too lenient with Catherine over the DNA test. At least he's consistent...)

But it's a pointless argument, in the end. People who like Catherine will come up with a thousand defenses against what I've just mentioned, just like Nick fans will defend him and we Sara fans will defend her. It just leads to more animosity around here, and from what I can see, we have more than enough to supply a hundred message boards! (I am hesitant to even post, but hey, what the hell)

I realize what the spoilers said, but as Smokey mentioned above, it's early, and CM's reference to Sara helping Catherine may amount to all of one sentence. The info we have is pretty vague so far. I'm interested to see how things play out, though.

And one thing is for sure - if TPTB's intent was to get people talking about CSI again, they've definitely succeeded. Whether that's good or bad, well...

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I just hope if they are trying to bring the "family" back together, that means that all the main cast gets about equal screen time and not like most of the second half of last season where Ray took up most of the shows. If they use the whole cast properly, I will be happy. But if it becomes too focused on one character in most of the episodes again, I think the show will lose a lot more fans.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^^ I'm positive that's what they want. To generate as many buzzes as possible, good or bad. But still, I think they're overusing, even abusing Jorja's loyalty to CSI.

12. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Just a quickie: Grissom didn't leave Sara off the hook for the DUI - the cops that stopped her did. She, in fact, was suspended and had to take counseling and stuff. Hence Greg asking her about her "vacation" in the first episode of season 5.

When it comes down to it, if we're talking with all honesty, the whole lab (including Grissom) should have been fired by season... I don't know, 4 or 5? But alas, this is tv so here we are.

13. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't recall Greg being dishonest (aside from possibly exaggerating about his personal life). He didn't do anything that would warrant being fired. 'Fannysmacking' was the closest, and, as his lawyer pointed out, that should have been excusable rather than justifiable (I hope I didn't get those the wrong way around...) -- basically, his actions should have been deemed completely understandable. But that's neither here nor there. I respect and agree with what you guys are saying about toning down the argument, so I'll shut up now. :borg: <-- lips sealed

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

[/QUOTE]

Grissom did let her get away with it. She wasn't suspended and it was never stated that she was. If Grissom suspended her for the DUI the director would have fired her. Of course, in real life she probably would have kept her job. :lol: As for the 'vacation' Grissom could have encouraged her to take a vacation. The counseling because she had a drinking problem.

Now I have a suggestion I think they should have an episode that showcases Super Dave, because he's great!!!!!!!!! Him and Brass get the best lines. :lol:

15. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.