William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

AMEN to all of that, girlie!

His emotionally raw state in that entire episode (probably fueled by his outstanding acting abilities & probably the fact he was about to leave CSI *sob*) was just OSCAR & EMMY worthy- seriously. I'm getting pissed that people on those boards won't give Billy the recognition that he deserves......It's inexcusable....*sigh*

Love you Billy!

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It's really hard to name all the overwhelming performances from this sensational man, but another one that was outstanding was "GRAVE DANGER" although George rocked and ruled, [and should have won an EMMY]:( Billy was also magnificent. Quentin Tarantino brought out the best acting from the whole cast, he made them all shine, and showed their best acting ever..and the heights of their profession on CSI, and now he's on "American Idol":lol:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. Criminologist86

^ That picture of Billy is SO stinking CUTE.....I LOVE him...seriously love him :)

4. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Let me guess, you love him don't you?:lol:

Aww, that is a cute pic of Billy.:adore: When is he not cute though, right? Probably when he's being sexy.:devil:

Grave Danger was another one that was superb. I loved how he just took over with authority and realized he had to take the lead. Even though you could tell Grissom was hurting like the rest of them, he stepped up and became 'the father' and kept his team/family together....but you're right DW, it's hard to name them all because he's had so many.:)

5. Criminologist86

There is seriously a reason you are my *BEST* friend....we seriously were made to be best friends...no freaking joke.

And YES, Grave Danger is an EXCELLENT example!! God, I can't and won't ever be able to be able to, get the "Pancho!" scene out of my head. When he's kneeling on that plastic coffin that will flipping explode at any second, and sees his CSI/"son" in that thing and takes total control of the situation with a "PANCHO!" and a hand....Wow.... :O I mean :thumbsup::thumbsup: seriously.....
    GOD all effing mighty.....it's just insane.

His leadership, authority, problem-solving, etc is pretty evident while he's gone on Sabbatical (Grissom's gone....Billy I think was doing a play ;p) and the lab kinda goes to h*ll for a while....he's just the perfect supervisor.

GOD I love that man!!!

:brickwall:

6. GrissomLivesOn

GrissomLivesOn Hit and Run

Maybe you're right, maybe I am working myself up too much over this. The ironic thing is that his departure did not seem to affect me this much until now. And I think that is because I tried to hold in my feelings, which is never good. I really try not to think about how he may never "come back" to CSI, but each time I see LF on there instead of Billy, it's very much like a slap in the face. It HURTS. And all I can do is drown my sorrows in the DVD's, but even that isn't helping. *sigh*

7. Criminologist86

GrissomLivesOn: I was going to quote your post, but just decided getting rid of mine was too much of a hassle at 11:30pm...lol

I understand what you are saying...it is hard to see LF on there and not Billy. I watched some of A Space Oddity and just kept waiting (subconciously) for Billy/Grissom to turn up, and of course he never did. That, I will admit, was hard. Very, very hard.
    But, I think you kind of have to look at Grissom's perspective (as a character, not Billy's necessarily, although I think the two were essentially the same): which, is in essence it's time for him to move on. He's gone through some very rough emotional stuff, Wark just died, his life is upside down and immersing himself in his job isn't helping (that's something I would turn to, as well)...He has to get out for his own mental & physical well-being. Him moving on is difficult, but it's a GOOD thing.

It's been good physically & mentally for Billy, too. He looks so happy & so healthy & so full of life again, and isn't "bogged down" by the weight of carrying this character of Grissom through his now very sad, difficult, and confused time...he can kind of let that go for a while (til he makes his cameos) and live his life apart from Grissom- he gets to live as Billy Petersen, the man/actor, not as Grissom, the scientist/character.

I know I have said all of these things repeatedly, but these things are honestly what you need to revel in, these things (ie: Billy is still very happy and healthy, and has not let go of Grissom, misses the character & will be making guest appearances...also that he (Billy) is still EP of CSI so he still has quite a strong investment in the show) are what you need to remind yourself of and to focus on, because those are what get you through.

My last piece of advice to you is to STOP/CEASE/QUIT watching your CSI DVDs for a while. A week, 2 weeks, month....because those are constantly reminding you of what you are missing, and who isn't there anymore, and that's not helping you at all. Put them in their place on a shelf in your closet or somewhere where you won't forget where they are, but where you won't see them EVERY single time you open/close whatever, and just live your life. I had to stop watching the regularly scheduled new eps of CSI and the SPIKE tv re-runs of it for about 1-2 months after Billy left in order to get myself to stop obsessing over the fact that he's gone from the show, and being upset about it. It sounds harsh & hard, but that is really what you need to do. Otherwise, this cycle will continue and you'll just be miserable all of the time. Take this advise, think about it, and do it. Honestly, it's time, girlie....We've all been through it, me included, and it's your turn now, ok? :)

8. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Hmmm I had no problem letting go of Grissom. :eek: Maybe its because I accepted the fact that he would be leaving plus his character seem boring at times.
    I don't even watch the old episodes on spike and if I do catch a glimpse of Grissom its seems strange.
    I guess it's because of his white hair now....forgive me....I'm still trying to accept that. :rolleyes:

I didn't care for last week's ep. It felt as though I was watching a new CSI franchise. Got bored and nearly fell asleep. :eek:
    Hehe...I was just waiting for Harper's Island to come on. :)

-------------------------
    [​IMG]

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I don't know, for me, if it was about letting go as much as accepting it. I just realized there was nothing I could do about it and it was going to happen eventually. Don't get me wrong, I still miss him alot and I admit I haven't watched the show since he left, but it doesn't really bother me to watch the reruns. I like remembering and seeing how it use to be. Plus, I know it's hard with the fact that he left, but at least the character wasn't killed off like so many have been. You know there's a possibility that he'll return and Billy's said so himself. It's just a matter of when. Grissom's still out there.;)

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

11. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I can't imagine Grissom being a Trekkie? :eek: That's not like him? :eek:
    The eppy seemed a bit cheesy....just my two-cents. :rolleyes:

Aaahhh..the good ol' days of Fur and Loathing! I never ever get tired of that particular ep. The hot beard makes me drool! :drool: What can I say? I love the beard! :lol: As long as it's nice and trim then it's dang sexy! :drool:

If he were to return, I hope it will be next season.
    Actually, I'm glad the tv season is coming to an end. :)

----------------------
    [​IMG]

12. Criminologist86

Some people are having a harder time than others letting go of Grissom....obviously GrissomLivesOn is one of those people, and I'm just trying to share strategies that worked with me to help myself let go of him a little bit more, & deal with the horrendous 'new' CSI...That's all ;p

As for the white hair: it's SOOO SEXY...I LOVE it.

13. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Yes, we're all dealing as best we can with Grissom's departure. I, myself, find that re-watching my CSI DVDs and my Billy movies helps me enormously....but that's just me.

I liked last week's episode. It's the first one I've wanted to watch since Billy left. Since it was like a Lab Rats ep, I could actually sit through it. I was a Trekkie, so I got a lot of the jokes. I did miss Gil and Hodges' banter though.

Will I watch next week? ...No. I came to the conclusion not long after Billy left, that this "new" CSI just isn't worthy of my devotion...again, that's just me. I did try to like it, but....:(

Over on the WPAP Live Jounal, they've been doing a retrospective of CSI, starting with season 1. The idea is to watch the selected episode from season 1 and then write about what you love ..or dislike about it. I've only done 1, but I'm going to follow along, watch the selected episode and write my thoughts about it and read what others have to say as well. It's a way to talk with others who are missing Billy as much as we are, and to discuss the development and progression of Grissom's character, and the show.

You must be a member of Livejournal, and you do have to ask to join the WPAP one, but it's definitely worth it. Here's the link:
    WPAP Livejournal Community Profile

14. britfan

britfan Pathologist

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but click on this, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8009864.stm and it will confirm that there is to be a CSI film. The actual interview in the Radio Times magazine suggests it's quite advanced in discussion.

Billy also mentions that Grissom could well be back in a two parter, with Grissom being in France, possibly with Sara. I can't remember the exact quote but he says something along the lines of them being able to film independently of the main cast as they aren't in it any more.

Why he disclosed this to the UK press first, I don't know, but have a read. Grissom looks like he is coming to a big screen near you!

15. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Thanks so much for the update and the link britfan!!

I will be more than ready to watch a CSI movie and get my Grissom fix on the big screen by the time this happens. Actually , it could happen tomorrow and I'd be ready to see a ten foot tall Grissom....:drool: lol!!!
    It would be a real treat for Billy fans, like me, who have never managed to see any of his movies in a theater before. At least this gives us something else to look forward to...:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.