William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

CSI/bestie: I agree! I too love how when he does something he's passionate about, or just thoroughly enjoys, his face just gets bright, his eyes light up and they sparkle, and he's just pure happy. It's beyond cute :)

GrissomLivesOn: His humbleness is an awesome point to bring up, as well. He even said in his Hollywood Star acceptance speech that he was "humbled by all you people here..." which is just selfless, phenomonal thing to say; most celebs would have said "well, it's awesome youguys came to honor me" but not Billy....

ALL of the qualities/characteristics he has are amazing and certainly worth talking about, and are most of all, so, so so rare. He's truly one of a kind :) <3 <3

2. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

It might be a good thing that he's one of a kind cause I don't know if the world could handle more than that lol. Now me on the other hand, I'd love to give it a try.:devil:

You know it's one thing to be humble, but to actually admit it, is another. It takes a real man to do that, which Billy certainly is. Just makes me love him even more if that's possible.:luvlove:

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What do I like about him. well probably everything, it's hard to pin down but I don't know him personally, only what he's presented to his fans. He seems to very popular with everyone that passes through his life. His CSI peeps called him 'The King" much to his chagrin. He's down to earth it seems, but by his own words "restless" and like gilsgals stated his integrity, how he stuck to his final exit, and never wavered on how it would end. I admire that, the strong focus on what the majority of fans wanted, and he knew that and stuck with it.:thumbsup: His no conceit, but sure of himself, a contradiction really. His decision to go back on stage, rather than the big screen. I always thought with the right role, he'd pull down an Oscar, he's a great actor. He's an enigma..hard to understand or explain-mysterious and A 1,000 watt light in a 100 watt world[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  4. Desertwind

Here's a detailed article about Billy talking about his exit from CSI,and what he's up to now. I wonder if he watches the latest episodes, and what his take on how it's changed since his departure:(sorry if this has been posted before~

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/311720.asp

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  5. Criminologist86

DW: What section are those "Feast of Sang" pictures under on WPAP? (Referring to the picture "Billy" you posted on the picture thread) I NEED MOOOORE!!

Thanks for the article; I read that one several times and just got some comfort/assurance out of it. He's happy and healthy and doing well, and that's what I care about. Love you soooo very much Billy!

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Thanks for posting the interview, Desertwind.

He sounds like he's pretty content and happy right now, which is great.:) I think he's thrilled to be 'just Billy' right now. It's good to know he misses Grissom, just like the rest of us....well, maybe not as much though.

7. GrissomLivesOn

GrissomLivesOn Hit and Run

You don't know how much of a relief it is for me to find out he misses being Grissom! I think part of the reason why I refuse to move on from Gil is because I was afraid Billy had already moved on. Hearing that he misses playing the part is quite a big piece of comfort for me.

On a different note, I have come to realize that whenever I start thinking of Billy/Gil extensively, I get physically sore. Does anyone else have that problem?

8. Criminologist86

Yup, he misses Grissom :) How could he not? I mean, he spent the better part of his adult life (which, I think is a comment he himself has made) playing that character, delving into him, figuring him out, moving him forward, dealing with all that....It'd be incredibly difficult to let that go easily and just go "Eh, it's over" and move on that quick. The fact that he misses Grissom also proves how invested in the character & show Billy was...as an actor & an (VERY sexy!) Executive Producer, and shows what a big step ahead this has been for him- which makes me all the more PROUD of him :) :thumbsup: Congratulations, sweetheart Billy :)

As for your soreness, GrissomLivesOn, you are probably just working yourself up and causing uneccessary tension, which will make you sore, absolutely. Just try to keep it cool, maybe take some Ibuprofen if it gets bad, or do something relaxing....But try not to think about it too much, the sooner you can start dealing with the fact that Billy has moved on, the sooner you'll quit being so upset about it; it took me a while to get over it, too, but it is possible. That is NOT to say there won't always be a huge place in my heart for Grissom (although Billy's piece is bigger ;p), so never let him go, but let him go at the same time.

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Very well said, Amb. For as long as he lived with the character, it's obvious there'll always be a part of Grissom with Billy. It's just a natural concept. I'm sure he doesn't want to be remembered for just Grissom though. Not that that's a bad thing, don't get me wrong, but Billy's so much more than that. He's had so many great roles that should be recognized. No one character has been the same and he's played them to perfection. Not many people can do that. He really is a class act.:D

10. Criminologist86

Thanks, Bestie :) I try ;)

I agree, Billy is truly a class act...he's truly one of a kind and he deserves so much more recognition than he's gotten, but then again, that lack of recognition (awards, paparazzi attention, etc) is part of why we love him so much, right? He's HUMBLE. :)

I also love how you brought up that no "one character" should define him. He's been in many roles I haven't necessarily seen (STILL haven't seen that piece of work Manhunter or To Live and to Die in LA ;p), and the one that certainly made the biggest impact on us (and apparently him) is Grissom, but Billy's so versatile.

PS- you liked the "sweetheart" part best, didn't you? :p LOL

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Yeah, I look at his performances and, especially on CSI, and it's like what has this guy gotta do to get an Emmy or whatever?! But, that's another thing I like about him is he doesn't seem to strive for some award or recognition. It's like if he gets it, great...if he doesn't, no big deal. He just goes in, gives it his all, and that's good enough satisfaction.

Ok, I have both of those movies (course, you know that:p), so just come on over and we'll watch them...and any other Billy movie I got that you wanna watch. It's so fun to watch how different each character is.:)

12. Criminologist86

Bestie: I'm all over that! LOL I wish I could...if we didn't live so bloody far away from each other I'd be over there in a heartbeat! :) July is coming soon enough ;)

Bill's versatility (from being a cowboy to a forensic scientist) is just astounding. WHO else do you see that in, in all total & complete honesty!? I mean seriously...and throw in a Kennedy in the middle, and you have Billy freaking Petersen. *WOW* I mean seriously, WOW.... I love, love, love, love that man.

13. Desertwind

Lets keep our fingers crossed, that the EMMY board will have him amonst the contenders "For Warrick" the eulogy, brought me to my knees, reiveting, the suberb acting, he's got it, for sure. He was excellent in this whole episode:bolian:

14. Criminologist86

Couldn't have said it better myself.....For Warrick was the MOST emotionally exposed I've ever seen Billy (particularly during the eulogy) and if he doesn't get an Emmy for that, I'll have to hurt someone....I cried about it for a week or so AFTER the episode aired, for goodness sake!

15. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Oh, in my opinion, For Warrick is by far his best acting performance as Grissom. It broke your heart to see and hear the emotions that came out of that one scene, not to mention the whole episode.:( He wore his heart on his sleeve the whole time. Just brilliant, beautiful acting that tore at your heart strings. After I watched it, the first thing I thought was, 'if that doesn't get him an Emmy....'. They should just hand him the Emmy because nobody in the category with him could come close to his performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.