CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, we need to cool it down here a bit over the whole Mac/Stella issue. Just like the Danny/Lindsay pairing, Mac/Stella is going to have it's fans and it's detractors. Everyone needs to accept this.

Ghawazee, no one owes you an explanation or even a positive viewpoint on this pairing. If they don't like it, they've got that right. You need to back off here.

Let's get back to a civil, friendly discussion. Thanks, everyone.

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Just thrilled to be called "Hypocryte" nice way to start my morning:lol::lol:

PA

I can be negative about Danny and Lindsay because they have proved to be a fiasco. I didn't dislike them in S2. I wasn't thrilled but i wasn't so negative , probably because i felt they were "MEH".
    And yes, you are right, this thread is about SPECULATION but all speculation is so negative! You can talk about something without ASSURING the episode is going to be a disaster!

Saying "I don't want them together" is not a PLAUSIBLE REASON not to have them together;) All of us, Smacked fans, can tell why we do want them together with SOLID reasons. We have collected evidence since S1;)
    Have you watched the episode beforehand? Because if you have, could you tell to the rest of us, not so lucky people, what will be this episode about?????;)

See? you have given me a reason why you don't want Smacked happen. Finally. But still it's your own conception (a one i respect but certainly i don't share) why two leads must stay away

Jolein, you are simply adorable:rommie::rommie::rommie:

I dislike them because their relationship doesn't exist. Or probably it does but only in producers'minds :rolleyes: and fangirls' minds:rolleyes::rolleyes: They never had a solid basis for a relationship (and getting married just because they were too stupid to use protection gives me more support why they should NOT be together). And yes, Smacked is my FAV ship. Because they have built a bond along all these years. Their affection, their respect, their mutual understanding, would you demand less than that from your future husband?????????? They weren't a couple and i don't know if they will be EVER but believe me, Smacked is stronger and it has more basis than the stupidity called DL (do i need to say i am talking about a fictional pairing and not about the fandom:rolleyes:

Debbs:cool:

ps:
    It's true but they don't have a reason to say "I will hate that episode" before it is aired

And now talking about double standard. I was called Hypocryte but i am still the witch of this thread???????? How H. is that?

3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

How come all of a sudden we're getting an overdose of romance on New York? I'm really crossing my fingers that Mac and Stella don't get together. I mean this show's a procedural and clearly, romance is a weakness. Sure, I'd love to see a little more of what the characters are up to off the clock but another work place romance? No thanks. It'll change everything that I like about the non-romantic Mac-Stella dynamic. Mac may be an upright individual, he may be the most professional CSI, but people on the outside wouldn't see it that way. Stella is his subordinate and Mac her superior.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  4. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Sorry top,you are right.
    I will take a step back because frankly i`m getting tired and annoyed

5. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

The tentative title of the epsiode disussed here is called "Grounds for Deception" :lol: Is it just me or do some alarm bells ring quite loudly? As we say here in the UK maybe someone is leading us up the proverbial 'garden path' "Sparks chemistry" for me read Mac and Stella having a good old fashioned blazing row! I don't want to upset anyone here but my take on this seems completely different. I guess I will have to wait and see. ;)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  6. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Mac and Stella quarrelling sounds definitely interesting. I loved it when she entered his office holding a gun in a very menacing way. They both have quite a temper, seeing them fight is always nice :devil:

7. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

I completely agree 100%!! Why on earth would you get the two lead characters together like that? I have never heard of a more "jump the shark" moment. The reason that Mac and Stella's chemistry works so well together is because they really great friends that care for each other. You could see them as more but they're not and that's cool. And you know how the writers are not that great with romance. This will get screwed up. And then what will the viewer have left? The only reason they should ever write in a Stella/Mac romance at the end of this season is if there wasnt going to be a season 6. It would make a great ending to the shows run.

8. Top41

Ghawazee, no one called you a hypocrite. There's a difference between pointing out a hypocritical or double standard point of view and calling someone a hypocrite. Nonetheless, if we can avoid throwing around words like hypocritical, that would be great, as it doesn't really further the discussion.

This is the spoiler speculation thread--of course that's what's done in here--people give their opinions on what's coming up. As for Danny and Lindsay "proven to be a fiasco"--that may be the case for you and me and many others, but there are many who like them, too. Everyone here is entitled to have an opinion. If you don't want to read that commentary, then I suggest you stay out of this thread. I'm sure there's lots of positive talk about this in the Mac/Stella thread in Shipper Central--I suggest you go there if you don't want to hear dissenting viewpoints.

And DL fans feel their ship is stronger and is canon and all that jazz. People are still allowed to say they don't like the ship. What's fair is fair. Every pairing is going to have its fans and its detractions and both are allowed to express their viewpoints. That goes for Danny/Lindsay, Mac/Stella, Flack/Angell, Danny/Flack, Adam/Hawkes, etc., etc. I don't care what the pairing is--everyone is entitled to express their feelings on the pairing without being shouted at or made to prove to someone why they like/dislike something.

I'm telling you to back off. If you do not, you'll receive a formal warning. It's enough, with the shouting and the caps and the bolding of text. If you can't handle dissenting opinions on the Mac/Stella pairing, don't post in here. You're more than welcome to defend the pairing all you want, but to turn around and attack others for not liking it is not acceptable. Got it?

Now, back on topic, folks...

9. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, as Melina has written this episode, I´m confident that she will handle this Mac/Stella-chemistry thing in a subtle way. Rather than putting them together in a romantic way, I think it´s got to do with "refreshing" their friendship that had suffered quite a bit because of this Diakos-story.
    They do have a special chemistry, that´s for sure, but Melina always pointed out in interviews that she thinks, turning this into romance might spoil the whole thing.
    I wouldn´t mind them having a relationship, but it would have to be treated in a sensitive way, story-wise. So what I don´t want to see is a wedding, the two sitting on a rock at the sea and watching the Greek sunset and other kitsch-scenarios. Get it, Melina :lol:?
    But again, I trust in Melina considering this, as well as with the story about her mother. She loves this Stella-character too much to ever do (or write) something stupid that would spoil her.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like the chemistry between them and I'm a Smack shipper. However, I am not sure that spoiler means that they are going to be together. Honestly, I think the writers wouldn't do that right now. It is possible that in the very last episode of the entire series, that the writers might put them together then... but as for right now, the timing probably isn't ideal.

11. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

see that's what i think too, i think i remember an interview with either melina or gary saying that if it did happen it wouldn't be until way in the future, say the end....saying that i do love thier little things...

..the kiss in season one, makes my heart flutter in its innocence, and when they fight its just so much fun to watch....i want a fight!

i'm not smacked, but i'm not against the idea, but personally, i think its the most fun when we see loving FRIENDLY fights and arguements that show just how much the people actually CARE for each other...that doesn't have to mean love-love, just love.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*perks up* :p

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Usually i am not a quarreler however it's totally unpolite to ask me to be confide inside the Smacked Thread as an animal in the zoo. I have had nice debates with PerfectAnomaly. Why can't be all like her? or it's too bad to expect a debate?

I didn't use it. Someone else did referring to me (Page 12). Of course someone else can insult me but i am guilty for reacting. So bad

Caps complaints? i am not shouting by giving emphasis to a point just someone else did when my post was quoted

And regarding the episode i was expecting patience instead of demanding you need to become into Smacked fans. Because the ugly remarks were there even before the episode is aired
    To me, well i don't think something is going to happen except the lovely closeness that has been a trademark for them along all these years

Finally, if you want i can leave the forum. Ask for it and you will be pleased. But you have a serious problem and my leaving because some people are protected by all means (at least i feel in that way) in detriment of faithful posters

Débora

14. Top41

You can, but you need to tone it down a bit.,

I know that--that was directed at the poster who used it, though she has already apologized and backed off, I see.

That's great. Just don't go after other posters who don't feel the same.

No one is asking you to leave the forum--simply to not to insult other posters and go after them for not agreeing with you. You need to chill out. That's all I'm saying. Not telling you to leave, though I would recommend taking a break from the spoiler thread for a bit since you seem to be having difficulties handling this discussion.

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I hope they don't go from simple potential and nothing tangible to teh luuuuurve in the blink of an eye. It would made me nearly as happy as the development of the DL storyline :scream: Also, if there is nothing definite before the very last episode ever, I don't want anything rushed to make them oh so happy and together forever and ever *"My heart will go on" plays in the background* I'll just stick to your average open ending, thankyouverymuch.

Me too! I love it when they have one of these huge catfights that make you wanna hide under the desk! Apparently, we'll have one of those when Mac discovers what Stella's been up to. He's an idiot if he doesn't know already, but I'll pretend to believe he doesn't know a thing because he suddenly has lost his sleuth's instinct. I guess he'll confront her and she'll go to Greece leaving her badge behind. I just can't see it happening as a calm conversation. They'll both be terribly mad and I always imagine Stella slamming her badge on his desk. Gawd, sounds great to me! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.