CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Maybe that's why Flack went to Adam's apartment... to be like, "Dude, back off..." :lol:

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for the promo.

Just noticed something on my calendar that might relate to when eps could air.

Bear with me a sec. If I've got it right, the last handful of eps this season are:

5.20 Prey
    5.21 The Past, Present and Murder
    5.22 Yahrzeit
    5.23 Greater Good
    5.24 Grounds for Deception
    5.25 Pay Up

My calendar notes April 21 as being Holocaust Remembrance Day this year (the date shifts around year to year). This could make airing Yahrzeit on April 22 an interesting possibility? (...therefore putting 5.21 to air next week?)

On the other hand, IMDB lists the airdates as following:
    5.21 - no listing
    5.22 - 04/29
    5.23 - 05/06
    5.24 - 05/13
    5.25 - 05/20

-

RE: Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom Hashoah): A synopsis I found answers how the date of rememberance was chosen originally, and how it shifts.

> http://history1900s.about.com/cs/holocaust/a/yomhashoah.htm

-

ETA:
    :lol:

...of course, ...now I read the CSITalk Preview putting 5.21 to air on 04/22...

...so, nevermind anything I just wrote. If I could delete this I would. :p;)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Ah, that makes sense. All three CSI shows are new next week!

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Double episode of Criminal Minds? Iiiiiiinteresting....

Oh wait, this is a CSI:NY thread. Uh...

I'm glad they changed the dates around. Having continuous new episodes until the finale after the 22nd is awesome. :D

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ah, thanks for the information, JellyBelly - the Futon Critic is still all mixed up, but hopefully they'll have everything clearly marked before I do the official details article on Sunday. :lol:

I put the date based on what the press releases say on the Futon Critic site - which is obviously not always correct. :lol:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

My cable box guide has repeats listed for Criminal Minds and NY for Wednesday. Maybe they decided to move it up and they're going to air the repeat in Criminal Minds' place and the new ep at its original time? I dunno. It's confusing me. I hope they know for sure before Wednesday cause I'll need to know whether or not to record it. :lol:

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Okay, so Criminal Minds is going to be two hours in two weeks so they changed TPP&M to this Wednesday and then CSI NY won't be on the following week, right?

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I believe CSI: Miami is a repeat next week.

ETA: Or not. I read on CSI Files that it was a repeat. *facepalm*

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  9. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  10. Faylinn

No, the repeat listed in the sidebar airs Saturday - 7.21 is listed as airing Monday in the episode guide.

(Maybe I should stop listing repeats that don't air on the show's normal day?)

BTW, could someone link me somewhere that tells the info about the actual airdates since my source is wonky?

11. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Thanks a lot, Fruitbar! Looks good, but I think there will be too much Mac in it.

I have a doubt. Spoilers say Dunsbrook appears again at the finale, but I don't remember if they also said his arc is supposed to finish there. I'm thinking he could get arrested because of that fishy death at his office and then, at the finale, some of his henchmen could help escape or something: explosions, dead guards, choppers, thrilling action, SuperMac to the rescue... you know, the usual.

12. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Maybe I mis-interpreted other spoilers, but I thought that the witness Angell is protecting in the finale (and who gets kidnapped) might be Dunbrook's son. And that is how Dunbrook would be brought into the finale. Not sure if that is really the case, though.

But Yay for a new episode next week! I'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap up some of the ongoing storylines from the season.

And a few comments on some of the interesting discussion about 5.24….

In a long-running series like this, I agree that the producers/writers probably don't go into it knowing who will pair up with whom romantically. When it comes to the leading man and woman, they probably want to keep things fluid as long as possible so they don’t limit potential storylines.

However, I do think they know from the start that romance will be part of the picture (especially if they want to appeal to the broadest audience). So as they put the characters into different situations together, they are looking at what comes across on screen, chemistry-wise, and which relationships they might want to focus on near-term and in future.

Reading some of the CSI and CSI: Miami interviews, it kind of sounds like that’s what they did with the Grissom/Sara and Eric/Calleigh relationships – planted some of the seeds early on and then shelved them for years until the timing was felt to be right. That doesn't mean they will follow the same pattern again, but it does make me wonder if something like that could happen with CSI: NY in later seasons.

Yes, that's kind of what I was getting at in my previous post. Unless they are going to dismantle D/L and put the relationship together again (which is possible, I suppose), that pairing probably won't have the dramatic impetus to stand as the prominent ship throughout the life of the series. So, I could definitely see the writers looking ahead to see what other relationships might emerge in the future. Doesn't mean it will be Mac/Stella -- it could be Mac or Stella with another new character -- but I sort of expect that at least one of the leads will get the primary romantic storyline (assuming there is one) as the series winds down.

As for Mac and Stella specifically, I’m still where I was before. I don't expect them to become a couple in 5.24, but there may be some hints of attraction and deeper feelings. And if it happens, I think that’s probably the writers’ way of bringing some ambiguity back to the relationship to keep it from stagnating, while giving themselves more options in the future.

For some reason the image of Mac running for the hills makes me laugh.:lol:

Somehow I can't see Mac starting a relationship with Stella while she is his subordinate any more than I could see Mac getting involved with Gillian. But I agree, if there are some underlying feelings between them (supported by canon), it could add some interesting subtext to their future interactions.

13. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I think Whatever happens with Mac and Stella happens. I know that them getting together would make alot of people happy, just like Danny and Lindsay getting together made alot of people happy. Some people might not be happy with it, but thats their opinion we all have our own opinion's.

14. Faylinn

Personally, I'm not too concerned with whether a storyline makes people happy or unhappy - what concerns me is how potential storylines will affect the show (and the quality of the show). Getting the two main characters together sounds like a potentially disastrous idea. No, we don't know that they're going there or that they have any intention of going there in the future, but everything is theoretical at this point anyway.

15. CSINYFanZ

CSINYFanZ Victim

Hmm... Well I liked the FA relationship
    But i have to say I would rather make Angell go bye bye then the other main characters :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.