CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

i have one thing i have to point out on a completely different note from the who dies conversation....... what has happened to danny's eye glasses that he has wore since the show started (well in mia/nyc non stop he doesnt wear them but from 1 - end of 4 he has) he doesnt look the same without them lol...... back to the topic of discussion i just cant get it out of my head that danny will be the one who dies :( i really just cant shake this from my head.... i really enjoy the D/L story lines even tho most people hate it lol.... i don't see the show being the same without him!!!!!!

2. jolein

jolein Pathologist

[QUOTET]hey have, but that makes me think they're setting Danny up for a big fall. I have a feeling that if Lindsay is the one who dies, Danny is going to somehow blame himself or think that it should have been him. I doubt he'll be in any way directly responsible--in fact, I think after what happened in "Point of No Return" he is going to rein himself in a little--but he's Danny, he'll blame himself. I also think if Lindsay is the one who dies, it will be Danny in jeopardy in the cliffhanger.

Lindsay no longer really has a voice in the show, and to me that's telling. They're not going to give her a huge storyline like Danny's death to grapple with when they aren't even showing much of her pregnancy from her POV.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you about that.
    It must be much easier for the higher ups to let Lindsay go then to let go of Danny.
    Lindsay has always been the outsider,no matter how hard(or how not) they have tried to make her part of the team.

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for posting those :) Won't comment too much on thost at the moment. I'll hafta come back.

Can't say as I'd take Hawkes out of the running yet. I'm not certain either that I'd bump Danny from a Possible to a Top of the List Candidate.

I still think that's completely subjective at this point. Week by week mebbe we'll get enough innuendo to start to fill in the gaps, but I rather suspect TPTB would prefer to manage to surprise the f*ck outta everyone if they could pull it off... Mind you, everyone's so cynical that there's bound to be a winner in the betting pool one way or another .

That's an interesting possible after-effect of someone dying, re Adam, but it doesn't actually determine which of the others would be the one to go. I know we're talking about TPTB here, but I'm also not certain that after drafting Sheldon to go into the field that they'd do it again with Adam.

I think Danny being the angsty emo king on the cast would be a benefit no matter who dies. I guess at the moment I'm trying to be more optimistic in thinking that no matter what happens, with a baby and the loss of a colleague, that it could be an overtly pivotal point in having Danny evolve anew into the man he thinks he might be capable of being. Having him in trouble with IAB might make it less likely they'd put him in jeopardy in the cliffhanger, but doing one or bouth would certainly further crystallize that kinda possible evolution. Maybe spark a stronger Messer character in S6.

Hee. Hoo. Interesting stuff. I'ma gonna hafta come back later on. March Madness indeed, all over da place. ;)

4. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

So, do we have a live betting pool going? If not, who wants to start it? I dont' think there are laws against betting on character deaths in television, are there?! :devil:

And yes, there is plenty of March Madness going on everywhere! LOL!

5. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Just a random question: Can we make sure that if one of the main cast members will leave the show that we will know it before the episode will air?
    When Dourdan and Fox left the show, it was announced about a Month before, I think

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

When news came out that Rikki would be returning there was also a mention of Lindsay coming to Danny's rescue. We know why Rikki didn't pan out, but I agree with Top they could definitely go with Lindsay rescuing Danny and getting killed in the process.

7. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Personally, I don't know if I want to know. I don't know if the studio will release the info or not. I am kinda hoping they don't, but who knows?

If it looks like too much info is being released, I might stop reading spoilers until the ep airs. I flip-flop on this issue, but now I want to be surprised (or ALMOST surprised) when I see the ep.

GRRR! Why did they do this to us????:scream:

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

cjack_87 - you're not the only one missing the glasses! I really wish they'd bring them back.

I would have thought they'd let us know if a series regular was leaving, but since they've told us someone is dying, I doubt they'd release both pieces of information - it takes away the mystery of how the reg will leave or who will die.

As for who it could be - I wouldn't take anybody off the list because the character has too much potential. If the death is happening because the actor wants to leave, it's not going to matter what else the writers could/would have done with them. Alternately, I wouldn't assume that anybody belongs at the top of the list because their character has nowhere to go - ie Lindsay - because 1) we don't know the terms of the contracts (or when they end), and 2) we don't know the circumstances leading to the decision to kill someone off.

A ton of shows have decided to kill someone at the end of the season - it kind of loses its edge when a gazillion shows are doing the same thing. :p

That's the thing, though - if they plan to kill Danny off, they could concentrate on him now with the plan of concentrating on Lindsay after he's out of the picture. (If that makes sense.) Why rush to show Lindsay being a mother when she's going to stick around if they're planning to get rid of Danny and therefore need to concentrate on him being a father now?

(That's not to say I think it's logical not to show the mother-to-be's perspective on things during her pregnancy, I'm just riddling out one possible explanation for their 'not typical' treatment of the storyline.)

Ugh, I don't even want to think about it. :brickwall: The show with a mourning Lindsay (as a widow with a baby) is not a pleasant thought - honestly, the idea of having Lindsay still there while someone I like has left is not appealing.

Chances are, if they kill off someone I like, I'm going to lose more interest in the show. I'll still watch, but it'll have lost something. It's always possible that they could make it work and I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. Having Lindsay around (and all of the crap stories and such) has not made me optimistic.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

And the Danny guilt--even if it was in no way his fault--from that would be great to see played out over the next season.

Hell, Carmine himself said he thought midway through season five, Danny would be in a mental institution. He'd only be about half a season off. ;) And yes, I know he was joking around ;) --but the point about Danny being vulnerable to a breakdown is a good one.

Exactly. That's why aside from Mac and Stella, it really could be anyone. I think it's a lot less likely to be one person over another when you take everything into consideration, but at this point it could be anyone. Which is where all the fun speculation comes in.

An interesting point, but really I think we're seeing it from Danny's POV because he's the more interesting character, the one everyone cares about, and Carmine's the better actor. It's Danny we care about seeing in this situation. Lindsay really is a non-entity at this point, and I'm not just saying that because I dislike her and think the actress is weak. It's because she's literally had no development over the past two seasons.

Look at it this way--can you imagine if Adam got Stella pregnant that we'd only see it from Stella's perspective? Don't you think we'd see Stella grappling with being a new mother and Adam coming to terms with being a new father, too? I use the two of them because Stella's been around since the beginning (like Danny) and Adam was introduced in season two (like Lindsay). My point is that it's telling that we're hardly seeing Lindsay at all in this pregnancy.

10. Faylinn

I just imagined it, and I'm not sure whether it would be awful, hilarious or awesome. :lol: (Mac's reaction would be priceless. :p)

But getting back to the point... :eek:

I get what you're saying - we wouldn't just see Stella saying that she's excited to have a kid while Adam got most of the realistic emotional scenes, and we also wouldn't see Stella grappling with the realistic emotional stuff while Adam just stood there beaming about fatherhood. I would expect both of them to get bits of both, and it's significant that they haven't done that with Danny and Lindsay (under the pretense of not being "typical", which sounds to me more like an excuse for how they've done it than an actual stylistic choice).

But they've put me in a position where I have to overanalyze every little detail right now. :p

I wonder if they intend any of this stuff we're talking about to be actual foreshadowing and/or to tease us? If we didn't know someone was going to die, I doubt we'd put much thought into the symbolism of a director zooming in on Danny's bloody hands or Adam having a bullet wound design on the front of his street hockey mask* or anything else like that. I mean, I'm sure we're all reading too far into it, which I think is fine because why else are we talking about spoilers ;), but I am curious whether any of this stuff is intentional or just coincidental...

It makes me wonder when they made the decision to kill off one of the characters - is it something they've been planning for a while, or was it a more recent decision, you know?

* I'm probably the only one who worries about that one :p

11. PerfectAnomaly

I totally read that as "if Adam or Stella got pregnant" and was like :wtf:. :shifty:

12. Faylinn

Adam getting pregnant would totally renew my interest in the show. :p

13. PerfectAnomaly

But only if Hawkes was the baby daddy, right? ;)

14. Faylinn

Indeed - although I'd be all up in the story if he wasn't sure whether Hawkes or *gasp!* Flack was the daddy. Flack would be all, 'It was just one time!', but Mac would glare at him and tell him that's all it takes - so he'd better be prepared to take responsibility. Adam could tell Hawkes that he regretted having a fling with Flack until he was blue in the face, but if that baby doesn't come out mocha, he's scared he's gonna lose his man.

Damn, I'd watch that crazy sh*t. No lie. :D

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Didn't we get spoilers a while back that Stella was going to get Danny to help her with the whole Greek coin investigation? Obviously that (seems to) have changed, but it makes me wonder if perhaps the intent has been to put Danny in danger for the finale. After all, wasn't the Greek storyline originally intended to be the finale?

And now we've got this situation with Elgers. I could be wrong...but I think Danny is somehow going to factor into what happens significantly. I guess it could be indicating he's going to be the one to go--though I still don't see the show letting him go.

But again--if Danny's the one in danger, Lindsay could easily be the one who dies. Or Hawkes, since he works with Danny fairly often.

I think if it's either Danny or Lindsay that dies, the decision was made when they decided to write in her pregnancy. Again--I think the marriage in particular was rushed, and the reasoning behind that could be to widow one of them.

Yes. :p ;) But while it's a good observation, I really do think Adam's safe.

There are times when I just love this forum and this is one of them. :lol:

That would be awesome. Danny would be throwing one hell of a hissy fit though because it's not all about him! :scream: :scream: :scream: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.