Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Could the whole "Every mother wants to see her daughter pregnant" line translate to "This is the only time my mother will ever get to see me pregnant, so I'd better get to Montana now because I'm going to die later"? :confused:

I'm such a flip-flopper on this now. :lol:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Lenkov said, "We lose a member of our family [in the season finale] -- and that's just in the first 10 minutes", and he also said "the CSI: NY team is on the trail of a team of sophisticated kidnappers-turned-cop killers. Their crime will forever change the CSI: NY lineup."

That implies to me that the person dies as a direct result of something these kidnappers/cop killers do.

I don't know if this needs to go in a box, but I thought I'd do it just in case - better safe than sorry.

Anyway, Lindsay is in labor in 5.23, so my guess is she'll have the kid in that episode* - it seems really unlikely that she'll die in childbirth if she's the one that gets killed.

* my guess is that it will happen at the very end, allowing us to fade to black on Danny crying and holding his spawnling while a CBS artist's song plays in the background - we'll see if I'm right, I wouldn't be surprised. :lol:

3. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Something tells me you're right Faylinn. You often are, lol. I just want to know already, dammit! This has me more interested in the show ... it was starting to wane for me due to meandering storylines, spotty character development, etc. One less person on the canvas might help.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I personally think it could be talking about two separate things. "Lose" doesn't necessarily mean "dies". So someone "in the family" could get fired or quit in the first ten minutes. The change in the lineup could be something entirely different. Or someone less significant could die in the first ten minutes (random recurring character) and then the lineup thing could be someone in the lineup getting killed or leaving. Or they could be just playing with our heads altogether and no one is gonna die or leave. :lol: I still feel that the word "forever" is a bit exaggerated though. :lol:

Maybe sinclair dies and the person who takes over says Linds and Danno can't work together since they're married to each other and one of them has to leave for another shift, and thus will be off the show. Does anyone know what shift that do work? I think it could make sense that Linds could leave for a different shift to have better hours to care for her daughter (if they are on grave shift, it would be significantly harder to find daycares open at that time). Maybe what it means by "their crime will forever change the lineup" is that since they kill Sinclair and the new person takes over who is stricter, either Danny or Linds will have to leave (for another shift). I would personally much rather it go that way. :lol:

5. lexie74

lexie74 Civilian

I was thinking that - which is why I voted for Stella, once the Greek coin thing comes to light surely she has to be fired. Suspended at least :confused:

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

But remember as Stella said.. "What I am doing is perfectly legal".

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm definitely thinking it's a death. And I'm more convinced than ever that it'll be Lindsay. Now that we've had one D/L montage, I'm getting ready for another one at the end of the finale. :lol:

8. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

hopefully the writers learn from their mistakes and NOW KNOW to leave the fanvideos on youtube and not bring them into the show....please god i don't want to see another one of those...yuck.

idk, i'm still leaning away from lindsay.....i hate to say it but i think its gonna be hawkes. :(

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Given that the EW.com headline was "CSI: NY Says R.I.P. to One of Its Own" or something like that, I feel pretty safe in assuming it's a death. ;)

I think you could definitely be right about the second montage, Elsie. I bet we'll definitely get some sort of funeral, too.

10. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

It doesn't really make any sense to get rid of Lindsay. They can stick her in the lab, to facilitate both on-screen and off-screen mums having more time with their new sprog. Then they can make most scenes she is in about the DL drama, as this weeks viewing figures show, their target audience (youths) are more likely to tune in. Putting out that montage pre-screening seemed ludicrous to me, but it certainly upped the numbers significantly, so I guess in a marketing way, the producers know what their doing.

So unless Carmine really wants out, I'm changing my mind and going for Hawkes, due to his other commitments. The character is poorly used in the show, whether because they don't know where to go with him or whether the actor is not available enough for filming, I'm not sure, but to me he is so poorly written that he wouldn't be missed at all.

11. Top41

It makes tons of sense to get rid of Lindsay.

1. They've now got the sexpot on the show (Danny) married off. That's generally not good for business. Happy endings midway through the show's run? Ehhhhh....

2. Lindsay has had no character development over the last two seasons, which suggests to me that people behind the scenes know she's the weakest link. Outside of her romance with Danny--which does appeal to a certain section of the fans, there's no doubt of that--the character has nothing going for her.

3. Danny drama has in the past been good for the ratings and for the show. And Lindsay dying right after giving birth to their baby would make for a season or two of good quality Danny drama.

4. Yes, I think the numbers went up in part because of the wedding promo. But where to go from here? They're married and about to have a baby. There's no drama in happily ever after. At the end of a series, yes. In the middle of its run? No.

All that being said, I'm in no way sure it will be Lindsay who dies. It should be Lindsay, if for no other reason than that the character is stagnant and has had no development outside of Danny. And let's face it--as a character, Danny is most interesting when he's going through some sort of crisis.

As for Hawkes, I don't think it's so much that he's poorly written as it is that he's so underutilized. Hawkes is a great character--we just don't get to see enough of him. He'd had some good storylines this season, but Hill is a man with many, many opportunities and a wealth of smarts and talent, so it could be that he's put in five years and is ready to move on. I hope it's not him, but of all the actors who could move on, I see him as the one most likely to do so of his own accord.

Well--Eddie does deserve to be the lead in his own show, but I think he's pretty humble and happy with being on CSI: NY now, so I don't see him jumping ship at this point. Still, talk about a guy who is totally leading man material! I expect when he's done with CSI: NY or when the show wraps up, he'll go on to something good.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's a little what makes me so suspicious as well. I have nothing against the character or actress, but it does seem to be very akward timing when the show still has many years ahead of them.
    Ya know the saying "darkness before the dawn" ..... in tvland it always seems to be the opposite. :shifty:

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Ok, point 1 I don't get either, but the younger viewers seem to like the couple as much as the cute boy (she would have been hated in my day)

Of course they're not going to have a happy ending, Danny is the resident screw-up, he's going to make a really big, awful, stupid, thoughtless, guilt-inducing mess of things (and Lindsay will of course be completely innocent :rolleyes::p).

Lindsay is there to provide Danny with a non-threatening girl, if she looked like a supermodel, the girls would hate her. They have long since cared about trying to make her anything more, if they ever really intended to from the beginning.

I like me some Danny drama, but for me that could become too much. He would implode at such a devastating loss and I wouldn't expect him to manage bonding with a baby, when he needed 'me' time. Knowing Danny that would take at least two seasons. Of course Stella could bring up the baby and Mac could bring up Danny and they could all play happy families. :lol:

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Legal doesn't mean that Mac-man approves. Remember, he did tell her to stop it. Not that Stella would listen to Mac....:angel:

ETA: Top, I do understand what you are saying. And, if we were discussing normal circumstances, I would agree with you. Not that I think you are wrong, but....do TPTB really use logic when writing this show?!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  15. Top41

God, I hope not. We've already seen her angry at him over every little thing under the sun, and I think it's enough. Please no more of that--it makes Lindsay look worse than Danny, I think.

Yep--it's total fantasy wish-fulfillment. The Plain Jane not only gets the guy, but has him chasing after her. :rolleyes: Oh, and he's going to change for her, too! :lol: The whole romance is a fantasy, better suited to a soap opera than a crime drama. When I saw the video CBS posted after the ep aired of the wedding, that was my first thought--it plays very much like a soap opera.

I think he'd cling to the baby, actually, but yeah, it would be a lot for him to deal with and I definitely think he'd have a breakdown. But I love Danny drama, and I do think Carmine excels at the angst. I'd much rather see that than to sit through Danny and Lindsay arguing about who changes the baby's diapers most often.

Oh, believe me, I'm not fully convinced that it's Lindsay. It very well may not be. But logic-wise, it makes sense...and it would follow the pattern of other dramas.