Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I think they are just screwing with us now. Watching the puppets dance, so to speak. They gave out this spoiler and now we are chewing at the bit about it. Last night's episode made it look like it could be Danny and also either Det. Angell or even Stella. I still think it will be someone not that big or that we are suspecting.

2. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Now that you mention it, I think you are right! TPTB are probably reading this, laughing their heads off "Can you believe this?! They really think we will kill someone off! HAHA! These fans are sooooo silly!" LOL!

Sorry, I had to do that. I can seriously see someone doing that!

3. Project DAY

Project DAY Hit and Run

Well, I was trying to avoid this thread as I don't want to face someone in this amazing cast dying--least of all Danny. I really hope he doesn't get killed off...I don't know what I'd do since he's my favorite character.

As far as the other possibilities...I highly doubt it will be Sid as he is always hideen away in the 'bat cave' so to speak. And Adam does his work in the lab and doesn't take to the streets, while there is a possibility for him going, it seems unlikely. Plus, Adam is a great character! Everyone loves him.
    It could be Lindsay as Anna is having another baby--though it does seem kind of dumb to include that in Linday and Danny's storyline then just axe it. Despite that most people seem to really not like her, I happen to like her and think she's a different kind of character and brings a different energy or tone to the show. I love her reconstructions with Mac and Stella.
    I can't imagine Mac or Stella going--but at this point--with the little info we do have on this with general statements like "We lose a member of our family [in the season finale] -- and that's just in the first 10 minutes." and them pointing out the "cop killers", anything is possible.
    I'm getting nervous about it being Danny now...
    Honestly, I don't want anyone dying--they're all great in their own way and all contribute something to the show.

And now I'm going to do a complete 180 and wonder--what if it all a hoax just to see the fans reactions? That's kinda cruel...and somewhat amusing in a twisted way. But I can see that happening. It's not like Hollywood hasn't jerked fans around before.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

But speculation is fun! They're giving us something to discuss. At this point, I'm just having fun with all the theories.

I agree that after last night, it's possible that they're foreshadowing Danny's death due to his reckless behavior. After all, Danny getting himself killed with all the risks he takes certainly wouldn't be out of character at all.

Of course, there's always the possibility that Danny's recklessness could get someone else killed--namely his new wife. ;) Again...more angst for Danny, and we all love Danny drama.

My only hesitancy in looking at Danny as a real viable option is that I can't see the show writing out their most interesting dramatic character. And I really don't see Carmine wanting to leave--he's not dumb. This is a good gig for him.

So that brings me back to Danny's oh-so-expendable wife. If marrying Lindsay and having a child on the way doesn't change Danny's reckless behavior, might becoming a single father--literally the only caretaker for his child--be enough to do it? I think so.

I also think there's a good chance the blood on Danny's ring is symbolic foreshadowing.

Those are just my thoughts after this episode. If the Greek storyline wasn't wrapping up in the episode before the finale, I might be a little more worried about Angell. I'm not at this point, though I still think she's an option.

5. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I also don´t believe it´s Danny. He´s such an important charcter for the show. CSI New York without Danny Messer ? Inconceivable for me.
    Except the actor wants to leave the show.
    I would bet all my little money that it won´t be Danny.
    Just looking at the ´death lists´ of the other series, I think CSI New York only has to announce ´the loss of a family member´ in order not to step out of line.:D
    If I just think of the announcement of the big death in Brothers and Sisters:rolleyes:

6. FlackFan01

I like the speculation about the blood on his hands. Last night, it was literal. Someday, it might be more figurative. Ooooh, good thought, folks!

Yeah, he was reckless last night. Gotta admit tho, he got the bad guy!

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Watching Danny yesterday with the vest reminded me so much of Speed and his gun on CSI Miami. With the exception of Lindsay,I want all of the cast to stay for next season.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Does anyone know exactly which number the finale is?
    The only thing I could see is that possibly (if #24 rolls into #25 being the finale) Angell could be shot/injured at the very end of 24, then in the first 10 minutes of 25 (if that is the finale) she will be in the hospital & die.

Then again.....
    But is it also possible that they're giving her more now so that she's able to "replace" the person who will be missing (dead) next season? Letting the audience get a good feel for her character before she enters the main cast, perhaps?

This is why I'm rethinking that it would be someone major, especially if it were Lindsay. She's Danny's wife, new mother, & she dies in the first 10 minutes -- where does that leave the cast for the rest of the epi? Sure, they'll all want to find the killer, but would they all be able to just get back into the job that quickly, no time to mourn --especially Danny?

I really have no freakin' idea who it could be now!

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Stella could end up in the same situation. Not that I think it'll be her, but it'd be possible... I think it's still 25 episodes.

Is it bad to look forward to someone leaving if it could get Emmanuelle Vaugier into the main cast? I mean, I still think it's Lindsay, so it's not like it'd be a big loss, IMO...

10. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Yuh know, I screencap all the episodes at 4000 caps per ep (without commercials) which averages roughly 1 screencaps for every 0.7 seconds of footage. In otherwords it REALLY breaks down a scene when I'm processing all those caps to remove duds.

Looking at the scene with Danny's bloody hands last night in screencaps I saw JUST how many caps there were of the blood on his hands which focused on that ring. Not only are there many caps while he's over the sink but just after Stevie's lights go off and Danny lifts his hands the cinematographer made a point to show this low angle shot, looking up at Danny's bloody ring hand, for several steady seconds before they cut away.

I'm can't help but think that director was DEFINITELY trying to get a point across. What the point was? Well that we can keep speculating about! ^_^

11. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

That would point to Lindsay, I guess, and not Danny even if he wore no vest and his wedding band got bloodstained. I don't think they'd change a male member of the cast for a female member. Also, Danny is quite an interesting, likable character with a lot of development, whereas Lindsay is... Lindsay, let's leave it that way.

They did that with Aiden. She wasn't a member of the team anymore, but they all knew her, except for Lindsay. However, they managed to use their sorrow as fuel to work harder in order to catch Pratt. Her relationship with Danny was completely different and I know if Lindsay died, he'd be devastated, but I think even he would be able to get back to work and not have a rest until the bad guys who killed her were behind bars.

12. FlackFan01

Could you share some of those caps? I did notice the scene at the sink, but not the other scene.

Interesting...

13. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

It may mean that he's the one to die or that he'll be the one trying to cover Lindsay's wounds in vain, hence getting his wedding ring bloodstained again.

14. sarramaks

sarramaks Rookie

After Aiden left at the beginning of S2, she was replaced by 2 CSIs, which TPTB did say was a mistake as there wasn't the time to give to developing both Lindsay and Hawkes. I do wonder if the plan is to get rid of one CSI, and then bring Angell further into play - and I really hope that's the case. If Lindsay were to go, but Angell stayed it would mean that there were two major(ish) female characters. However, I can't see it being Lindsay. If she's only just had the baby, then wouldn't she be as far away from 'crime' as possible? Unless some random storyline comes up where someone wants revenge on Danny so takes Lindsay hostage, kills her and runs off with the baby, hence giving the writers more fodder for the rest of the ep? I'm not sure I could see that happening.
    I voted Lindsay, mainly because of Anna Belknap's circumstances, but now I'm not unconvinced that it won't be Angell. Which is a shame, as I think she's got a lot more potential than Lindsay as a character.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, they'd spend the hour working in overdrive to catch the person who killed her--not to mention rein in Danny, who we've already seen is as reckless as ever. Can you imagine how unhinged Danny would be if Lindsay got killed? I could definitely see that somehow putting him in jeopardy for the cliffhanger.

Is it bad to look forward to someone leaving if it could get Emmanuelle Vaugier into the main cast? I mean, I still think it's Lindsay, so it's not like it'd be a big loss, IMO...[/QUOTE]

I kind of wonder if they're getting to the point of needing to give Emmanuelle a regular job or let her go. I guess it depends if she wants to commit to the show or have part of her time free to pursue other projects.

Yeah, that could have definitely been foreshadowing something.