Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

My obvious first choice is Lindsay. As has been pointed out, at this point in time in her life, kids are probably more important to her than working on a TV show. Now, maybe it was a mutual decision also and it was an idea on the writing department side also, but a death on the show is a big creative decision move.

With Lindsay being killed, that would leave Danny a single parent, while working and that also creates some tension. So which (brings me to *way out there* believe) that they'll bring Rikki back and watch the kid. :lol:

2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I really hadn't thought of that before, vegaslights. If Lindsay were to leave the show there would be a much greater chance of Rikki coming back in at least to guest star (since writers decided not to bring her back because of the baby thing), which would be awesome. She and Danny had such great chemistry in their scenes together, and it would be wonderful to see that again.

Darn it, now I'm really getting my hopes up that its Lindsay.:lol: Out of all the characters, I think she is the one that could leave the easiest and actually affect the show in a positive way.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thought I'd bump this since there's been a lot of discussion in the spoiler thread about it. Nothing really new, but another post at EW.com from Ausiello about deaths on TV shows in the spring:

Exaggeration, or does this pretty much strongly suggest that the person who is dying is a character in the main credits?

4. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Top, I saw that in the latest issue of EW. The spoiler story on this site said "forever changes the lineup", yet EW printed "forever changes" the show. Are those necessarily the same, or could the show be changed without changing the lineup? Does cop-killer truly mean that one of our main characters gets knocked off? Not that I think anyone's theory is wrong, but TPTB have been known to do something completely different from what fans are expecting. I am having a tough time waiting for this. And the ep will air in May? UGH! Two whole months! How will we ever manage to wait?

I love seeing the previews for the next ep when they air on CBS. I get the feeling the previews won't let on to who it is, just to keep us in suspense. Plus, I think people can do a good job of keeping the secret of who goes until the ep airs. Oooh, suspense. It's got me hooked!

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You know, I've been thinking... this show only has two women in the opening credits. If they kill off one of them, that'll only leave one and if they don't replace her the next season with another woman, then the show will be mostly guys. I'm not sure who is gonna be killed, but this fact makes me think it might be one of our guys. :( I really don't want anyone from the main cast to go, but... anyway. Miami has three women in its main cast, always had at least two (most of the time, three). Vegas once had three (Sara, Cath, Sofia) and now have two (Cath, Riley)... until they finally add Wendy (which they were supposed to do a long time ago). NY has always only had two.

I still would like to know why they are doing this... is it budget crisis, storyline driven or an actor wanting to leave? If it's a budget thing, surely it won't be a female character cause then they'd only have one in the main cast (cause obviously if its a budget thing there won't be a replacement for the character who leaves).

No, its not necessarily the same. I know the spoilers say they'll say "rip" to one of their own, but Vegas said basically the same thing and it turned out being a Detective they worked with sometimes rather than a main cast member. Miami said the same thing and it ended up being Officer Jessop. So, I really find a hard time thinking that it's definitely someone in the opening credits. I really don't think of the CSIs as cops persay. And Lindsay will most likely be on maternity leave, so she probably will be at home with the baby rather than being working... so would a cop killer target a CSI who was not currently working? I mean it would be totally annoying if Lindsay has the baby in one ep and in the following episode, she's back at work. :lol: Unless thta's where her family comes in... they come to help take care of the baby so she can go back to work? Still I would think she'd want to take some time off as most new (first time) mothers do.

And I know everyone's saying that if certain people wanted to leave we'd have heard about it by now, but that's not necessarily true. Tptb could have told that person to keep mum about it cause they wanted the audience to be shocked/surprised or whatever.

Right now, I think Mac is the only one who is 100% safe. :lol: probably Stella too, but I'm only 95% sure of that. :lol: Adam and Sid, I'm about 75-80% sure they're safe. :lol: Everyone else is fair game, though I can't really see them killing off Flack, but it could happen.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  6. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I don´t think that they are doing this because of budget crisis. I can´t see the point that CBS would save much money by firing a supporting cast member.
    I´ve read that Cold Case and Without a Trace are in danger of being cancelled because of low ratings and high production costs.
    CSI NY has better ratings and it is produced by CBS itself so CBS can keep the whole money earned by selling CSI NY to other countries. I hope I´m remembering it correctly.
    That it´s why I also think that either an actor wants to leave the show (e.g. Hill Harper) or it´s storyline driven (e.g. Angell).

7. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

After watching tonight's episode (saw it 3 hours early gotta love digital cable) I am completely convinced it is going to be Angell. here is what I think is going to happen.

After months of tracking the Greek storyline undercover, Angell and Stella finally come head to head with Coin Man they think they have finally nabbed him when the situation goes bad and Angell gets shot. Stella rushes to make sure Angell is okay, completely missing the fact that Coin Man escaped at the last second. Stella sits with Angell for a few minutes, until she dies of blood loss. Mac and the team later arrive and Stella is shaken up. Mac rips a strip off of Stella asking here what the hell she was doing putting herself in danger and getting another detective killed. Stella is worked up and tells Mac he doesn’t understand. Flack will probably be upset. Hawkes and the rest of the team will be in wtf mode. Since this is all in the first 10 minutes the rest of the episode will be centered on finding Coin Man. Throughout the episode there will probably be some kind of IAB investigation on what Stella thought she was doing, and this will probably carry on into next season. Within the last 15-20 minutes the will catch Coin Man and there will be a very intense interrogation scene involving Coin Man and Flack or/and Stella. Mac might even make an appearance. The last minutes will be a split scene featuring Angell’s funeral and Lindsay giving birth to baby Messer (which will be a girl). We will be watching the CSI’s say good-bye to one life, and welcome another. It will end with Danny or Lindsay filling out the baby’s birth certificate ‘Jessica [insert middle name here] Messer.’

And that is what I think is going to happen.

I just typed it up on Microsoft word so it would look perfect and well though out. Well it was well it was well thought out :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  8. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^ I'd be more convinced if it weren't for the spoilers that have suggested the Greek coin storyline is supposed to wrap up in ep 24 this season.... and we're getting more than 24 eps so that's not the finale.

9. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

^ That's just my theory on what is going to happen. Doesn't mean it will, but we all have thoughts and ideas.

I don't buy the Greek storyline ending before the SF because(IMO) it's one of those storylines that would be good for a finale.

10. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I'm not discrediting your theory. I agree that this course of action is suggesting Angell and Stella are both going to be seeing their share of life threatening situations in the eps to come this season. There's much evidence to help us speculate that either of them are potentially on the chopping block. I'm just pointing out what we've been told about the finale and what plotlines are supposed to come to a head in it.

That's why I keep putting emphasis on words like supposed and suggested. Since it's kind of helpful to take anything TPTB say with a grain of salt.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'd think that 'kidnappers turned cop killers' would be a big enough story for the finale that the Greek storyline, which is also big, would not be part of the finale. And like roxi said, we've already been told the Greek storyline wraps up in episode 24. With someone dying within the first 10 minutes, that would be enough to keep the CSIs busy finding the killer. PLUS, the Dunbrook case is supposed to wrap up, too in the finale. It's the end of Craig T. Nelson's arc. Having the Greek storyling ending in episode 24 makes sense. They don't need three cases in the finale especially with losing a member.

Lindsay goes into labor in episode 23. I doubt they're gonna drag out her labor for two more episodes so it's highly unlikely their baby will be born in the finale.

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

If Lindsay goes into Labour in ep23 with Stella present, it is highly unlikely/impossible that during the course of her labour Stella hands in her badge goes back to Greece followed by Mac solves the Greek coin story (ep24) and flys back before Lindsay gives birth. I think it is safe to say that although the labour may be long the baby will be born in ep 23.

13. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

After last night, my hubby figures Mac wil fire Danny for not wearing his vest, and then fire Sid for leaving the morgue. Then again, hubby hasn't really been paying attention!

I am starting to think our beloved Jess Angell will be the one. And darn it, I am just starting to get to like her (she didn't really grow on me till recently!)

14. privatename

privatename Rookie

Although I want it to be Lindsay, I voted that it would be Hawkes. Now, however, after reading that Angell is going to be in three episodes in a row and then have a big role (I assume) in the next to last episode, I am wondering if they are giving her more attention, showing how involved she is with the team, only to have her be the one to die. Having her more present the episodes will give her death more of an impact on the audience. Maybe. Obviously I have no idea :lol:

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

People have talked about possible foreshadowing when they showed Danny's ring covered in blood. Instead of it being Lindsay, I wonder if it will be Danny. He almost got himself killed in this episode and with the spoiler about trouble with the Nazi guy I could see him being the one. I don't think TPTB would decide to off the character but maybe Carmine decided to move on. I still really hope it's Lindsay, though.