Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You got that feeling too? I don't know what it was, but it was something about the scene with Mac where they were talking about what kind of father he would be. It just felt foreshadowy to me. I thought okay, they are possibly paralleling Danny/mac with loss of their wives, but then something about that scene made me think it would be the other way around this time and Linds would be the one grieving for a spouse. I could see them killing Danny off and then having a moment where Linds thinks back to everything and maybe she'll think "I wish I had said yes the first time he asked me to marry him" or "I'm glad I said yes and married him, at least we got some time together before this happened." I don't know, but it just felt off to me. I'm seriously starting to think it might be Danny now. :(

I have a feeling after that talk that Danny and Linds might make Stella and Mac the baby's godparents. Maybe something will happen to both Danny and Linds and Mac'll get custody of the baby. :shrugs:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

^ I think the fact that Mac related it all to losing Claire makes it more likely that Lindsay will still be the one to go. If they were going to turn it all around and make it Lindsay that loses Danny, I would think that Mac would have had the talk with Lindsay instead of him.

I still think Lindsay will be the one to go, more so now than before. Okay, they are married, their child won't be born to an unmarried couple (because we all know you HAVE to be married to have a kid:rolleyes:), they live happily ever after...something just has to happen now. Things can't be happily ever after on CSI for long, either their relationship will end or be in a lot of trouble, or one of them will leave so we never have to see the end of it. Since the writers are putting so much into making DL such a happy family makes me think that they wouldn't want to break that apart so easily...if they can kill off Lindsay and keep Danny and the baby, the fans can still see that their relationship survived. :p

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It does seem to be a best of both worlds kind of thing. People who like the couple got to see them together and have a baby. People who don't wouldn't have to watch them anymore. Plus, the drama of seeing Danny struggle with being a single parent--and grapple with losing his wife--would be really rich material. I didn't even think of the Mac angle--it would be definitely something that would bond Mac and Danny further.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

LOL i love my timing. I mentioned Claire efore the episode was aired :D

i think IF and only IF Lindsay is the one to go we will be able to watch a new stage in Mac-Danny relationship
    Certainly we know how much deeply affected Mac was after losing Claire. IF Danny looses Lindsay we will be able to watch how Danny will struggle with his grief and at the same time how Mac finally closes the circle that it was opened years before when Claire died. And with an extra hope we will be able to see how they stand by their sides in their new relationship. A lot of Father-son bond

Debbie :D

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

HHHMMMMMM!

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree, it would definitely lead to some great Mac-Danny bonding, on a level we've never seen before. I think it would be great for Danny and Flack's relationship too - Flack would be the one to encourage Danny to go out, to reach out to others, like Stella did for Mac in s1. Also, we could see Stella and Danny growing closer - I can see him calling on her for help with the baby.
    And it would mean Hawkes and Angell could stay, which would make me muchos happy! Also, the potential for Danny to have some problems if they hire a new CSI.
    I'm hoping they won't though, that they'll develop Hawkes and Adam (and the others of course) more rather than bringing in yet another new team member. Same if it's Angell or Hawkes who goes, I'm not too eager at all to see another new character on the show, cop or CSI. If it's Angell who goes, it'd be nice to see Maka back (she was a detective,wasn't she?), but I think she is lost to the depths of the Black Hole of Continuity. They had some fun detectives back in s1. Like the one in Hush with the attitude, he was funny. Maka would make a good partner for Flack though.

Lindsay going could possibly mean more Adam in the field too, at least while they're looking for a new CSI (if they get one), which is always fun.

Lindsay going also = angsty Danny, which is always good.

7. GregNickRyanFan

I think tptb definitely want us to think it'll be Lindsay with that whole Mac/Danny talk, but they are tricky and could spring out a surprise and have it be Danny. Less obvious that way. Sometimes they try to make you think they're going with the obvious choice and then surprise you, and sometimes they think if you think something's obvious they won't go with it, but then they do... :lol: It could go either way... or it might not be either one of them. I guess we won't know more until later.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I was all paranoid while watching the episode last night, going, 'Is that a hint? Is that foreshadowing?' every few minutes. Let's just say I did not like Adam's goalie mask having a bullet wound painted on the forehead. :(

And they can't kill my Hawkes, not now that the bromance is so good. ;)

I think the mentions of Claire could be significant, as is the rushy-rushy way they're setting up Danny and Lindsay's 'happily ever after'.

9. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Heh, and here I thought Danny and Lindsay were going to be safe. After all, God brought them together, right? He wouldn't do that just to take one of them away, would he?

However, that *is* an interesting comparison Mac made between Lindsay and Claire. And that wedding is all sweet and happy...(seriously, what happened to all their earlier drama?) so maybe Lindsay might be going after all.

As I said before, if it's Hawkes, I'm running back to my season 1 dvds and I'll never watch a new episode ever again.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Everyone keeps giving good reasons for why it could be Lindsay. I'm having a hard time keeping my hopes in check so I'm not seriously disappointed if it's not her. :p

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

The only way it will be any of them is if they want out I think! The show is really becoming popular so why ruin a good thing right? I read that interview from Carmine a few posts back and he doesnt sound like someone who wants out. I agree with Macslady about the "Fun detectives" the one in poarticular from "Hush" he was good.

OFF Topic:
    Are there any Aussies out there? Just bought the DVD Austrailia and WOW!!! It is BEAUTIFUL over there !!! AND THAT DROVER!!!!!:devil::devil::devil:
    I need water QUICK!!!

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I just don't see Danny being the one to die. He's too popular and too essential to the show--Danny's the heart of the team. CSI showed us anybody could leave with Petersen's departure, but Petersen was the one who wanted out. Unless Carmine wants out--and I kind of doubt he does--I can't see them killing off Danny.

13. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing when I read the spoiler. Plus, everyone else is more a CSI than a cop. Flack and Angell are the only ones who are full on, full blown cops.

I am also thinking, that nobody wants out of the show. When they get rid of a character on a show it doesn't always mean the actor is leaving, they're probably going to surprise which ever actor it is and get rid of them for no particular reason, or maybe they do have a reason.

Anyhow, for the most part I am completely stumped on who it is. I just can't think of who they are going to kill. But I agree with Surreal_44, it'll be Flack for the sole reason that he is my favourite character .

My dad thinks it'll be Stella. Just because she's had so much happen, and because of the whole greek storyline.

one more thing though, they didn't say in particular which cast group the person who is going to be killed is from(main or re-occurring cast). At this point they could kill off a character who we've seen a couple times and it would still shorten the cast. maybe Chief Sinclair?

They better not kill Flack though, I would boycott and write angry letters.

14. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I'm finally thinking it's going to be Lindsay, although my money was on Hawkes for awhile due to Hill's busy life outside of the show. But last night, as everyone said, with the rushed happy-happy-joy-joy with Danny and Lindsay, I definitely think it's her. I'm trying to remember ... did they say anything about how the person died? Because if they didn't specify, maybe Lindsay dies in childbirth? I dunno. We'll see. I have mixed feelings if it's her. I used to be a DL fan, mainly in the beginning, but not anymore. Too much strange storyline. Due to her lessened screen time, at this point I think she would be the least missed by many.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Are they doing this for story purposes only? Or is there another motive here? Like budget crisis (since we're in a bad economic way right now)? Cause if it's cause of money, I would think it would be one of the ones who makes the most. Not Mac or Stella of course, but the next highest paid after them... which would unfortunately mean Flack or Danny. Lindsay and Hawkes, Sid and Adam all have significantly less scenes than the other four, so they might not make as much money. But, if its not a money issue and none of the actors wanted out, then anyone is fair game. :lol: It's so confusing and frusturating right now. I just want to know who it is now. The suspense is driving me nuts. :lol: