Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i just read an article with Rachel Weisz from "The Mummy" and she said she didn't do the newest film b/c she was already making one that was filming somewhere far. she said that after she filmed the one movie she would have to go right to China and she just couldn't do it b/c of her baby. she said she really wanted to do the new Mummy but there was no way she could with a little baby. this article was in the British version of OK! magazine with Cheryl Tweedy on the cover.

i just watched "Amelie" the other night. this movie was soo adorable i loved it. you can definitely tell that this is where Brian Singer got his idea for "Pushing Daisies". i watched the movie with the subtitles but i understood some French here and there which i was so happy haha. (i took French for 2 years in high school and college).

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i watched hell boy 2 last night. never saw the first one, but it was cheap night at the theater and it was the best option. we were all pleasantly surprised! the action was good, it was actually pretty funny, and there was a little romance thrown in there. something for everyone. i probably liked it better paying 3 dollars to see it here than if i had paid 11 back home.

i had wanted to see it before, because i liked the look of all the creatures in the commercials. so for someone who was only going for the costumes and makeup i was quite entertained and happy we went.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

"Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

big Indiana Jones fan by the way lol. "Raiders" is my all time fave movie, i actually watched it twice this week. "Crystal Skull" is awesome i enjoyed it, i saw it in the movies two times the first time was the midnight showing.

my roommate downloaded "Mamma Mia!" last week and we watched that the other night. we were dancing around like a bunch of idiots but we had so much fun. i cannot wait for this movie to come out on DVD.

4. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Me too!!! I so loved Mamma Mia :D It rocked, and it was one of the greatest times I've had in the theater.

*eta: I watched "The Bucket List". It was nice, but I thought I'd cry more ;) No, srsly, it was really cute and I like the thought that those two guys finally did things they wanted to do their whole life.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Please post at least 3 lines in this thread, thanks. Otherwise it'll get spammy.

6. MakeTracksCowboy

corpsewillows i had a great time seeing "Mamma Mia!" in the movies too. i saw the show on Broadway twice that was fantastic and the movie 3 times. at the end of the movie when Meryl Streep goes "you wanna hear another one", the 2nd time i saw the movie i was with my friend and i yelled out "woooo hooo!!!!" haha.

i just watched "Charade" with Audrey Hephburn and Cary Grant. good movie, a little comfusing but interesting.

7. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

amen , Mamma Mia! was fantastic in theatres. everybody gave such a great performance.

so last night a saw SAW V and it was AH-MAZING . i love that series to begin with, but this one was just wonderful.
    in my opinion Tobin Bell is the best actor to play Jigsaw , and he didn't disappoint. although i admit the series is very confusing to follow, i had to go back and watch it several times , especially SAW IV. the ending on that one could make another 2 hour movie :rolleyes: it answered alot of questions but it didn't really have an ending considering the slogan for 5 is "you won't believe how it ends ! "

but i was ecstatic x 100 + 3 when i found out that there will be a SAW VI, expected out in 2009 ! :thumbsup:

8. mimefan

mimefan Dead on Arrival

The last movie I saw was Halloween and it's a brilliant movie. Claustrophobic lighting and music. Whilst surprisingly the music's also funky. Also Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis and whoever played Michael Myers done fantastic in their performance. Also it's great that it's low on sex, drugs, violence, other. Seriously also in all matter of sense P.J.Soles character was kinda annoying always saying totally. All in all I give it 10 Captain Kirk masks out of 10.

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

That is a classic for sure! I have to say that the original Halloween, The Exorcist, the original Amityville Horror and Evil Dead are probably the only 4 movies that have ever really scared me. It's hard to make a decent scary flick these days- they tend to rely more on gore then genuine jump in your seat scares, or stuff that makes you stay a bit scared for a while after the movie- for about 2 weeks after I saw The Exorcist, I was afraid that when I woke up in the morning, I'd be possessed! :lol: I mean, I was still a kid when I first saw it, but it still gives me the chills.

10. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Spiderman 1
    Never seen it before. It was really good, I also liked the green guy, Dr Osborn. The storyline was pretty cool. I really liked the way Peter found out about his new abilities.

Spiderman 2
    I saw it in cinema when it came out. I think this is the best Spiderman movie. Though the physics parts were a little too much for me :D

Spiderman 3
    Well, I didn't like it so much. It was so OOC when Spiderman turned black and Peter changed his hairdo. Spiderman became emo :D Oh well... I loved the fact that Henry helped him even though Peter did so many things wrong. Actually, I didn't get that jumpy black material (which infected him) at all. And the way that guy became a sand-man was too unreal.

Unrest
    The storyline sucked. I didn't like the actors either.
    Actually, I didn't like the fact that we could never see the girl move or do anything. I just didn't like the way she "killed" people. Bleeding out is not something that could just happen to you. And they said she'd quit killing people when she's buried, but they didn't even bury her...
    BTW, my brother is a pathologist and he said that nothing is the same in real.

11. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Zombie Strippers
    What a lame movie, omg. I'd never ever watch it again. Why do people make movies like this? It was supposed to be funny, but those jokes/funny scenes were just awful. I can't believe I actually watched it. Just becuase I decided to watch almost every new movies.

Pathology
    It's one weird movie. I didn't like this one either. Doing drugs, killing people- it's just too much to me, because I prefer being normal :p Anyway, I liked the pathology part.

College
    Hahahaha. You guys should watch it. It was truly AWESOME. I loveddd the fat guy, he was so cute! The parties were awesome. Gotta love Verne Troyer (Mini Me in the Austin Powers movies). He had a very little part in the movie, though. Anyway, if you're bored and want to watch a funny movie, I highly recommend College.

12. MakeTracksCowboy

"Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox Story". i freakin love this movie!!! the unrated extended version is the best. i've seen this movie so many times but i just made my roommate watch it. if anyone is a fan of Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly) from The Office i definately suggest seeing this movie she was fantastic in it and you will never look at Pam the same way again lol.

"Wet Hot American Summer". anyone ever seen this movie? some have some haven't. it's one of those movie with everyone and their mother in it. people in movie: Amy Poehler, Bradley Cooper, Christopher Meloni, David Hyde Pierce, Paul Rudd, Janeane Garofalo, and Molly Shannon were all in it along with a lot of other people. it's such a messed up funny movie, i love it.

13. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Silent Hill
    I'd never seen it before and was curious. It kinda disappointed me though. I thought it would be scarier. Maybe it was because it was pretty late when we watched it, but I couldn't really follow the storyline, if it even had one. Then in the end my friend asked "Do you know how they got to Silent Hill?" and I was like "Huh? No idea..." and then she had to explain it to me :rolleyes: Sometimes I am just retarded :p

Feast
    Such a weird, over the top movie :lol: It's not scary either but kinda funny and has some great lines in it!

The Grudge
    I can't help it, but that film is darn scary...at least to me it is. That little boy gives me the creeps, not to speak of the girl/woman. That weird sound (not sure where it comes from...) gives me goosebumps!

We had a very nice DVD-Halloween night :D

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I finally was able to make time to watch The Mummy 3. It was actually nothing spectacular, nothing great like the first two installments. I loved the first two in the trilogy, so this last one was a great letdown, I must say. They shouldn't have made this movie if Rachel Weisz wasn't going to reprise her role as Evie. The only bright spot was John Hannah who played Jonathan in all three films.

15. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Ten Inch Hero

Such an amazing film. It's a romantic comedy, but it breaks away from the basic recipe and added its own ingredients. It's funny, goes beyond what a general 'chick flick' would, and was just great. The acting was great, the writing was great. Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.