Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Well, it's been confirmed that Anna is indeed pregnant with baby number 2, and that they're going to write the pregnancy into the show. UGH!!! :scream::brickwall::censored::mad::angryrazz:

I'm definitely not pleased about this, because in all honesty, they're probably going to make Danny the father, and continue the Drama LLama perpetually. Now, Danny will NEVER be able to escape from her clutches.

Like Jaws, Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....:rolleyes:

[quote;Top41,791120]She's really little more than a love interest character who unfortunately is in the main credits at this point. Her major storylines for the past two years have revolved around Danny. Really pretty much since she came on: the only episodes I really felt were about her independent of Danny were "Stealing Home" and "Silent Night." [/quote]

Yeah, and that's the problem. I actually liked Lindsay in the beginning. She came across as this tough, smart CSI that knew what she was doing. The flirtatious banter with Danny was cool, made things fun. Then, somehow they morphed her into this shrill, whiney, manipulative shrew who's from MONTANA and don't you ever forget it! They stapled her to Danny and dragged him down. I mean, like Top said, the only time she's been away from him was "Silent Night." (IIRC, wasn't she working with Danny in "Stealing Home?")

At this point, I don't think that her character can be salvaged without a lot of major suspension of disbelief. I mean, why not demote her to being a labtech, and she can be Manipulative Lindsay permanently. In the lab, away from Danny, and not poisoning all of the other characters.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Unlike Danny, Lindsay will most certainly not have missed the memo that, once she met Danny, they should NEVER have relationships with outside people again because SOULMATEZ don't do that. Therefore, Lindsay's baby will most certainly be Danny's spawn because, well, Danny just can't catch a break, can he?

In fact, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if their spoiler about Lindsay having 'eyes' for another man went right out the window when they found out Anna was pregnant.

For the record - Danny with a baby would be cute. Lindsay with a baby would not be cute (we've seen her with kids - I was not impressed). Danny and Lindsay with a baby would be headdesk-inducing (oh, twu wuvs are soooo kewts). :brickwall:

3. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

How far along is Anna? If she still isn't showing, I guess they could say that Lindsay is trying to "let go of her love for Danny" *gag* and dating, and then found somebody else, and then ended up pregnant as a result...it may be believable, if Anna isn't showing alot when they do it. However....I have a sinking feeling that Faylinn is right...and that Danny is gonna get stuck with it.

If they do try to pull that off...*sigh*. Lindsay is such an empty character for me right now, and reducing her on the show to simply being Danny's child's mother is the lowest the writers can go. If they really want to get away from the whole Danny-propping-up-Lindsay thing, they'd be steering her away from anything having to do with him for a while...let her go out and do something else that actually makes her worth being on the show, if not, get rid of her. I really don't see how making Lindsay pregnant is necessary simply because Anna is-she was pregnant before and Lindsay didn't have to be. Send her back to Montana because she misses her family or something...Anna can have her baby, come back, and it will have nothing to do with the character of Lindsay getting pregnant. It would be considerably less painful to watch.

4. random_rambler

random_rambler Victim

So I just finished watching the new episode and I noticed that Lindsay is present and presumably, pregnant. Click on the attempted spoiler box to learn my worst fear for the possible, but fortunately not plausible, consequences.

I would hate for TPTB to have something go wrong with Lindsay's pregnancy because of her possible exposure to radiation. Now, I'm no expert, but I do know that babies are more fragile than adults and even a small amount of a toxin can affect them. If there were consequences to exposure, it would be a complete wangst fest with no benefit. And besides, do we really need more Lindsay wangst?

On a completely different note, I think Lindsay keeps a stack of random things in her desk for demonstrations. I mean, come on, where else could she have gotten that plant? I also propose that anyone who keeps things like that should be checked out for kleptomania and OCD, because that's just weird. What else is she keeping in there? Apologies to anyone who does keep random things in their desk, just waiting for the opportunity to use them.

5. littlemegs

littlemegs Dead on Arrival

lol
    i used to h8 ppl who dissed lindsay but recently she has been a bit childish
    and her experiments r stupid she a suck up to mac and stella
    i liked her in s2 and s3 when she was fun but now .......

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

The first four episodes of the show were filmed before the summer break. The word is that, at the time, TPTB didn't know she was pregnant and therefore had not planned to change routes in storyline to Lindsay being pregnant then. But now that things have been abruptly turned around ...

Based on what Pam Veasey said, I believe the change of storyline was largely, if not only, because TPTB decided to accommodate Anna Belknap's pregnancy rather than put in effort to hide it again. She mentioned 'having different plots so things can go different ways for the show' ... I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB is already frantically thinking up of damage control in the event the Lindsay-pregnant storyline completely blows up in their faces.

People didn't think TPTB would go so far as to make Lindsay pregnant, to the point it doesn't even make sense. But they did. So heh, I won't put it past them to dredge up a pregnancy-gone-bad plot to write it out should things go downhill. They would be very foolish to not have alternative storylines for such a risky plot that's already considered terrible by so many people.

The first thing that came to mind about Lindsay upon reading that?

'Attention whore'. :lol:

7. Faylinn

I just had the mental image of the following conversation taking place:

Adam: *talking out loud to himself* Dang, if I had a sprocket wrench, I could test this theory...
    Lindsay: *turns around* I have one in my desk.
    Adam: Really?
    Lindsay: Yeah. *retrieves it*
    Adam: ...Do you happen to have a foot-long section of copper pipe?
    Lindsay: *hands it over*
    Adam: Preserved specimen of an Asian Longhorned beetle?
    Lindsay: *presents* You're not even trying.
    Adam: A box of buttons, three pipe cleaners and a tube of glitter shaped like dinosaurs.
    Lindsay: Amateur. *puts it all on top of the desk*
    Adam: *thinks* ...A T206 Honus Wagner baseball card, made by the American Tobacco Company in 1909.
    Lindsay: *dangles it out of reach* This one stays in the desk.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

*snort* I can actually see that happening, and Adam getting frustrated because he can't come up with anything she doesn't have in her desk. And then Mac walks in and gives them both the Marine Death Glare. Adam gets flustered and leaves with the items he needs for his test and Lindsay starts launching into a random demonstration so she can get another pat on the head and a cookie from Mac. :lol:

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Since this is the topic of discussion for now ...

How do you guys think Lindsay will fare as a mother? What do you think being a 'lonely, country girl' in the big city will be like for Lindsay now that she has to take care of a baby who'll be depending on her for decades? :lol:

Personally, I can't even imagine it without cracking up. :guffaw: Lindsay is so self-centered. She couldn't even be bothered thinking about what Danny was going through after Ruben, an innocent child, died and railed on him and made him feel like he was less than dirt for weeks, all because he didn't do things the way she expected him to. And she's going to have to care for a baby? :eek: :wtf: Yikes!

Add that with the fact it's Danny who's the dad, I'm thinking poor Danny's gonna be the one who'll play daddy and mommy whether he likes it or not. :guffaw:

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I have a feeling TPTB wouldn't do anything but make Lindsay be teh most superest, ausumest mommy evar. It's just if AB can pull it off. Since she has babies of her own I would hope she could, but we've seen her with older kids and there was nothing but awkwardness, so you never know.

It is a chance to somewhat redeem her character and show that she is capable of caring about someone other than herself. I just hope they don't do "Lindsay the awesome mom from MONTANA" contrasted with "Danny the go-to f*ck up not so great father." Somehow I don't see them doing that though. It's an overly rabid fan girl's wet dream to see Danny with a baby, so in order to keep the squee-ers from turning on them I think TPTB have to show Danny as a good father. Plus him being a good father offers them the opportunity to make an awesome *coughcough*stereotypical*coughcough* contrast between how Danny was raised and how he's doing better by his kid.

Gee, even when I'm trying to talk about Lindsay I end up coming back around to Danny.

11. Faylinn

It's okay. Pam Veasey has the same problem. :)

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think it's safe to quote this one outside the spoiler box since it doesn't really give anything away and it's so dead on true that it needs to be repeated, over and over again. :lol:

I think this latest twist certainly solidifies Lindsay's position as nothing but a glorified love interest who unfortunately happens to be in the main credits, but I think season four reinforces that as well. Anna wasn't pregnant in season four, but Lindsay was basically wallpaper until Danny's storyline unfolded and gave her something to do. I think I asked in my review of "Snow Day," "Has there ever been a more useless character than that of Lindsay Monroe in the CSI franchise?" or something to that effect, and I think the answer is a resounding "No." She really takes the cake. :lol:

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Dudes.

Horatio Caine
    is more useful than she is. HORATIO CAINE.

Think about that. Can you guys feel the horror of that fact creeping on you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, Pam Veasey always going back to talking about Danny even when it's supposed to be about Lindsay? That says it all, really. So what, first she's nothing more than a glorified love interest, now she's nothing more than a glorified love interest who got herself knocked up and is supposed to be the definition of 'strong and independent'?

Gosh, if I didn't know better, she totally reminds me of Sarah Palin and how 'cool' Palin is supposed to be just because she's from Alaska and *gasp* hunts moose and is a mother with children! :eek: :eek: :eek: Except around the world, there are millions upon millions of mothers, some who come from far cooler places and can actually string a coherent answer in a logical sentence. :rolleyes: Just substitute Alaska with Montana, moose with bear and you got Lindsay.

Funny how Palin is laughed at by the world but we're supposed to think Lindsay is a speshul snowflake who's awesomesauce. :rolleyes:

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Seriously. And don't even get me started on the parallels between what's coming up for Danny and Lindsay and what happened to Sarah Palin's teenage daughter.

Ya know, Bristol Palin getting 'accidentally' pregnant by a hockey jock guy who isn't even her boyfriend and, according to his Myspace before it got taken down, a guy who just wanted to get famous, score with as many girls as he could and have no kids.

She becomes pregnant, she and Mr. Hockey Jock are 'obligated' (the nice word for 'forced') to get married because of the kid and yet, the entire world is supposed to believe they're going to marry each other 'out of love' and be a 'happy family' and that, somehow, having the kid and being married is going to solve their problems and make life better for them.

Sound familiar?

Funny how the entire world thinks that's a big, fat joke too, but we're supposed to think Danny and Lindsay having a baby is the bestest thing evar for them and the show and will solve everything. :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.