Grade 'Page Turner'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 1, 2008.

?

How would you grade Page Turner?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. A

19 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. A-

13 vote(s)
    21.0%
  4. B+

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Does anyone know when it was filmed? That is a valid point, and if Anna didn't know or wasn't pregnant when it was shot, then that's that.

However, now that they do know, it might be nice for the writers to have Lindsay fret a bit over the possibility of exposure. You know, for continuity.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A

I was thoroughly entertained, and both Sid and Hawkes had significant roles in this episode. The case was great--for some reason, I'm fascinated by radiation poisoning. It's so scary! And while I suspected the husband, when they got the crazy assistant, I thought he was the guilty party.

Flack was in fine form. His one-liners crack me up. The man is so funny! And props for having him stick up for the beat cops. I liked that little bit of conflict there.

LOL, that line was funny. Danny comes off as so bitchy sometimes. I assumed he was referring to the radiation, though, and not Flack staying away from him.

The first four episodes were filmed in the spring, right after the fourth season ended. I'm bad with math and don't know how far along Anna is, but she may not have known or may not have told people at that point, so it probably won't factor into the early episodes.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Someone said CSI did radiation twice. But it was only once, right? I only remember Dead Woman Walking. Where was another one?

4. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

This episode was really good. I loved the ending scene with Flack, Mac, Sid, and Sheldon. I loved seeing Maroon 5 in the episode as well! It was nice seeing Hawkes back in the ME's office. We didn't see very much of Lindsay thought did we? I can't wait for next weeks episode. It looks like Flack will be at his very best too.

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

one word - boring

there was one cool Flack/Adam/Danny scene. there was one sweet Fiesta scene. there was one nice Adam/Lindsay scene and there was a very interesting final scene. I was concerned for Sid and I liked Hawkes in it. and thats about it.

oh, and they ran around in wacky suits.

to be honest I didnt really care to find out who the murderer was. it wasnt the bottom of the barrel but it was so forgetable it isnt even funny

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I gave it a B+, It was great episode and thank god Sid is alright.:thumbsup:

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I gave it a B+. It was a good episode, and I liked how they used the one-case format, which allows for more emphasis on the danger of the team member at hand. The episode would've gotten an A from me if they had just once mentioned Sid's family.

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I second that motion!

Poor Sid. Obviously, he was going to be fine, but still. *Hugs Sid*

9. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

It was a pretty good ep. In my opinion better than Veritas, because it was a 'team eppie' and not just mac-centred.
    Awww poor Sid. It's always him:( But I'm glad he's ok and can make jokes again. I loved the ending, it was just the best part of the episode! I really like how the whole team cared for Sid.
    Oh and those suits they wore against the radation were cool in any way. they all looked good even in those weird suits :D. And the 'virtual autopsie' from Mac and Sheldon was so cool. I wonder if that really exists.
    Oh and Maroon 5 definitively improved the ep . I loved how the episode started with them playing Goodnight,Goodnight. Simply one of my favourite songs :D.
    The case was also really interesting I kinda have a soft spot for all this radioactive techniques and it was cool to learn more about that:D.
    Since I think that there can be better eps I give it a B+ :bolian:.

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Pretty much. But it's fun. :)

I think that might be one of my new favorite Flack one-liners... :lol:

And I third the motion... MORE MANHUGS! MORE MANHUGS!!!

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I gave it an A, Purely for the giggles it gave me which is bad considering Sid was in danger.

Flack... He sometimes takes over top spot from Danny from me tonight he has one liners which are just soo amazingly perfect you can't help but giggle. Flack/Danny/Adam chat was just so funny and him and the suit... he did look funny.

I like the one case format it works well specially when they want to focus on the other are being Sid in danger it allows for it much more easily, and it gives them all a part aswell i fell in solving the puzzle.

The lawyer i had sussed a little when he appeared on the TV i thought it was strange he had all the victims, so something clicked but then once they caught the other guy it didnt click till after.

I loved the end scene but i was a bit wierd seeing flack there, i know he is part of the team and all that but more kind of expected Danny or Adam there instead but it was so cute scene and just made me smile, those sort of endings are really nice to show how the team pulls together.

The radiation suits were funny, they all looked amusing in them specially the girls and flack because it cut off the hairline and just looked plain funny. Must have been fun putting them on though they look better than the huge ones I've seen in the UK when they show you them practicing the procedures.

Forgot to add Maroon 5 were good it was well done in that it wasn't riciulously put in with them even having lines but i actually likes the 2nd song they used by them... because its one of my more favourite ones.

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Great episode. I'll give it an A-. :D

Flack's one liners were great (and his second shirt/tie combo of the episode was rather lovely, much better than the hazmat suit, out of everyone he and Lindsay looked particularly odd in those suits :lol:). Also, Flack/Adam/Danny FTW. From a couple of years of no Flack/Adam interaction to twice in as many episodes. And Danny was there too! It's like a dream come true. :devil: :D

So, great one liners from Flack, and I also liked it when Adam said "investigating is its own art form." He's so right, on this show it really is. :lol: However, Hawkes was rather cheesy with his "10 grams stat!" comment. I do love Hawkes and Sid though, and they have such a lovely relationship. I loved that Hawkes immediately took control of the situation and was commanding, but mostly I loved that he actually featured in this episode. He was great.

The final scene at the hospital was fantastic. It really made me smile. MrElsie also expressed his delight at the male bonding (well he laughed at least), and was very much with Sid in that chips and water is just a wrong combination and Flack should immediately go out and buy them all beer. :beer:

Future episode wish list:
    • Male bonding in every episode
    • More Adam/Flack
    • More Danny/Flack
    • Sid! And Hawkes
    • No more Maroon 5, ever, or any other similar stunt casting which wastes precious screentime (I really don't like Maroon 5)

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Is it weird that I thought Lindsay looked kinda hot in the hazmat suit? :eek: I'm being serious, btw. I thought she looked really cute. :wtf:

And when the team were at the house all in the hazmat suits did anyone else expect Captain Jack Harkness to suddely appear? For some reason those hazmat suits looked really Torchwood-esque to me.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i gave the ep a "C", it was boring and slow.

things i did like:
    - the scene with Flack, Danny and Adam--- HOT!!!!
    - the end scene with the guys (minus) Danny watching the hockey game with chips and salsa.
    - Mac and Lindsay's scene together- these two characters always have great scenes together, the concern on Lindsay's face was nicely done.
    - when Hawkes make the whole room show the one victims stomach- kinda gross but really cool.
    - Flack and his one liners= NY has been on for only five years and i think Flack right now is beating Grissom with the horibble one- liners.

i wasn't too thrilled with the Maroon 5 stunt casting. i was watching "All Access" last night and realized how much stunt casting NY has done since it began. is the show really that bad in the ratings that it almost constantly feels the need to stunt cast?

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*embarrassed* You, get out of my head!

:p

Ah, the mental image of Captain Jack wielding his gun and trying to hit on everybody...Lawls!