Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

What're you doing, trying to jinx the 3-1 lead?! :eek:

The Flyers beat the Pens in the regular season series 5-3. Of course, the Habs swept Philly in the regular season, so that doesn't mean much.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

YES!
    Yeah, playoffs are so different. wasn't there one seasons where Senators kicked ass and were dropped on first round?
    Teehee, in our league one team had 3-1 lead (when only 4 teams left) and they lost that series 3-4 and were left to bronze game :lol:

Meh, Pittsburgh lost but they do have that 3-1 lead as well :p I am glad Colorado is out - Colorado and NYR are the only teams with no Finns :p

3. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

But geeze - 8-2? That's just cruel and unusual!

I hope the Flyers finish off the Habs tomorrow, but I have a feeling there will be a game six. It's kind of funny actually, because even though Philly has technically never trailed in this series the stats make it look like Montreal should be winning. Biron has been outstanding.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  4. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Okay well I'm going for the Habs(I'm a Hab's fan) and for The Rangers(I'm a Rangers fan too... I have a jersey). Even though it's not going my way so far I have confidence that the Habs will come back, and maybe even the Rangers. But Mostly the Habs, I think the series is far from over...

And oh wow someone needs to send Marty Biron a fruit basket... he's amazing, his goaltending in the series has been so good I just think he deserves a little more credit than he's getting, I guess he's just not really getting it here because he's the goalie for an American team.. right now we're hearing way more about whether Price or Halak is going to be in net. But back to Biron if there's anyone here from Philly please send Marty a fruit basket for me!

5. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

Yes! Flyers in the ECFs! Bring on the Rangers/Pens!

Nothing but respect to the Habs - that series was a lot more even than 4-1 suggests. I'll send Biron that fruit basket. ;)

Versus misreported that this is the first time the Flyers have gotten to the Eastern Conference Finals since 1997 - I guess they forgot about our 7-game loss to Tampa Bay in 2004.

6. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Alright well Philly took the series :p that was an intense game though, I really thought the Habs had it. So yeah I think I'm gonna cheer for Philly now. I do Like Pittsburgh, but I like the Rangers better and I don't think the Rangers are going to win the series so I'm gonna have to Cheer for Philly in the Eastern Conference final.

I think I'm just going to have to get someone to send Martin Biron a tropical Island of fruits, I don't think a fruit basket will do it anymore.

And wow Philly has some awesome players Umberger is wow Upshall is wow and Briere is WHOAOAOAOOA!

so yeah... go Philly! :p

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  7. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

I just really hope the next round will be broadcast on a channel I actually get. I tried watching online via some slingbox setup or something, but my internet connection has been terrible of late so that didn't work. I could try going to a bar, I suppose.

An all-Pennsylvania final would be pretty cool, I must say. That said I want the Rangers to take at least one more game - let's drag this thing out!

8. Ducky

Stupid Philly *kicks* Well, Pens kick their ass in Easter final :p
    I do hope Dallas kicks some Detroit ass - I just cannot stand Detroit.

As for World Championships - we beat Germany last night 5-1 :D Yay! Mikko Koivu 2+1 and Selänne scored as well :D I wonder if older Koivu joins the team, I doubt it but who knows - I mean it has big affect that those are played in Canada.

9. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

^ I agree with you on Dallas beating Detroit... I can't stand them either, I've never liked Detroit.

Ohh and Canada is doing pretty good in the World Championships too, I hope the Kostitsyns get to go play for Belarus I like them they're good players and very fun to watch.

and I have to go with Philly for the cup, great team. I'm still missing the Habs though, I wish they didn't lose last night even one more game would have been great. And the Rangers lost today too to top things off. These playoffs just aren't going my way... if only they revolved around me.

10. Ducky

I watched half of the Rangers-Pens game last night. When Korpikoski scored for Rangers, I was like "wtf...did I hear right? Since when he has playe there?" and they they said it was his first NHL game, he was brought from AHL Hartford when their season was over :D
    Even we screamed if Sweden gets now Lundqvist to World Championships :(

But go Pens! Hah, now every 4 teams left, everyone has Finnish player(s) :D

11. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

Don't go Pens! Go Flyers! :D

Poor SJ is eliminated after 4 OTs. That hurts!

They should have called a 4 minute minor after Drury was spurting blood all over the place from a high stick. That was a bad missed call, and of course at the end of regulation Drury was in the box for high sticking. I'm glad that didn't end up deciding the game. As it is the Pens won fair and square.

12. Ducky

I agree there. I still hve to say it could have been even worse for Rangers without Lundqvist (despite the fact that he is Swedish)

I think both Eastern and Western finals will be tough (as they always should :p )

13. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

That Stars Sharks game was wild, I was watching the third period and I watched the first overtime. Both Nabakov and Turco made amazing saves. Nabakov's save on Richards was amazing. I fell asleep for the second overtime, woke up in between the second and third overtime. Then fell back asleep and woke up after the game and saw the little thing on the sports channel and it said Dallas won and I was happy. But wow yeah 4 OT's thats like 2 games right there. My dad was saying he just heard somewhere, I think it was the radio, that they were saying they played, game 6 and game 7 and they started game 8.

Oh and the hit on Michalek that was wild. It was a clean hit but he didn't see it at all and the poor guy was just out of it when he was coming off the ice. I guess he just hit his head really hard or something because he was just really really out of it, he could barely walk.

well I think I've said this before, but anyway for this one class in school we had to make a hockey pool and it was real fun... but I only have three players left Sidney Crosby, Jordan Staal, and Brad Richards. The pool was fun though cuz only me and this other kid knew much about hockey so we picked some really good players, but we're getting beat by someone who doesn't know much about hockey he just picked a good team he has like 4 red wings players... he's a smart picker.

14. Ducky

*kicks Detroit* I hope Pens win tonight, yay!

As for World Champs - I knew Shedden (Canadian) as a coach will suck ass and I hate they hired him for this year because WC is played in Canada so he'd get a chance to coach in Canada.

Anyways, our games suck - even tho other countries (Canada, Sweden, USA, Russia) all have had trouble against "small" countres - Sweden lost to Switzerland 2-4

But our game today against Latvia - 16 power plays and no goal... some 5mins of that was pp2 - I can't believe it. FIrst perioid saves: Finland 4 - Latvia 36 and only goal was made by Latvia. Latvia took 7 penalties there.

But I am happy older Koivu joined the team, first line is much better now. But we'll be screwed against Canada and USA.

15. Ducky

Stupid Detroit won again but so did Pens, yay! :D

As for World CHampionships... oh god the game last night against USA. I guess first time we got lucky and referees f'ed up (video judge said he said 'no goal' and referee heard 'goal') . Koistinen's slapshot entering through the outside of the net. Team USA was mad... anyways the whole game was a mess. OJ got 5+20 just because guy didn't walk alone from the ice after hitting the boards (dunno if ti's the right word) - referees were so out during the game that... just made me mad.

Oh well, I am afraid we'll lose to Canada tonight and next game after that will be again against USA and who knows what it will be like. I hope referees are different.

here's the goal
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GrbC5np5kts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.