Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

lmao, that picture is hilarious.. and wow... how tall is Chara?

I think it's just that a lot of short people are really fast and good. I'm a short ass on the ice, I don't even think I'm 5'4".. well maybe on skates.. but anyway, I'm really fast too.

2. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

NHL.com lists Chara at 6'9" and St. Louis at 5'9" but I'm pretty sure they exaggerated St. Louis' height by an inch or two. I mean, look at the above picture! There's more than a foot between their heights.

Yeah, it makes sense that the fastest skaters are the tiny ones. I find smaller skaters have a bit more agility, too, able to deke around defensemen and such.

3. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Yeah St.Louis is 5'7"... they just list him as 5'9" because that is his height on skates or something. But It sure does look like there more than a foot in between them!

4. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Sorry for the double post. I had to bring up that the Rangers broke the Devils 9 game winning streak! I love both the Devils and the Rangers, but it's nice to see the Devils winning streak FINALLY broken!

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Y'know... I was watching some rerun game of Swedish league (Elitserien) and one point we were like "wtf?" :lol: They probably have rule that everyone who is part of the fight, gets penalty. Because in one point one WHOLE LINE got penalty because of fight. Starter got 2+2 and then there was 5 men in both boxes :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was funny to see :p

6. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I love hockey, but NZ doesn't show it (not even on the sports channels)

So, Do you lot actually play hockey or just watch it?

I'm just curious, I myself play :)

7. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Go Ducks!

8. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

I play Hockey! I enjoy it a lot. Our team is going down to the states in a couple of weeks for a tournament. It's the second year we've gone, and it's a lot of fun because it's almost as if there is a little mini rivalry :p 1 or 2 Canadian teams, against American teams. I think The team gets a little more motivated.

9. Ducky

You have to post min 3 lines. Posts like these are considered as spamming. I've seen you elsewhere doing short posts like this and next time I'll give you a warning for spamming.

As for hockey, not playing in a team, but with friends we play it during the winter :D Bit with own rules but it's still fun!

10. magicmunchies

Ouch...nasty

I saw this on the news a couple of nights ago. I'm sure you've all seen it but it's quite gross! That would hurt like hell *shudders*

Maybe I should go back to roller hockey... ;)

11. Ducky

Oh yes, it happened bit over a week ago :eek: Saw it right away, or read it on teletext and then watched on YouTube :p

Looks really horrible and I am amazed that he skated to bench.

They interview Olli (it was his skate) and OJ said that he didn't really want to play anymore after that and would have rather gone to hospital with Zednik

12. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Wow, that reminds me of Clint Malarchuk's injury, when he had his jugular vein sliced open by a skate. Very disturbing to watch, although I find it very ironic that Zednik's injury happened in Buffalo.

13. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

I don't plau Ice Hockey.. But I play hockey on a Turf :] Just started this year for a school team :D If I like it, I'll do winter Hockey

14. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

ohh you should play winter hockey! it's so fun, even playing in a rec league is all good. I play just in a league and my team is doing pretty good, our playoffs start on Sunday so yeah thats gonna be fun. I'd love to play high school hockey for my school, but they don't have a girls team, they tried once but there was a lack of interest so it didn't happen.

15. magicmunchies

^ I started with roller hockey and then moved to ice. I play roller more though as I kinda suck at ice. But my sister plays turf hockey and loves it and she wouldn't dream of moving. It all depends on what you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.