Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

I'm scared for this episode. I really am. Horatio calling someone from his own team (if they haven't made the promo totally misleading again) a liar and a rat is very serious. Calleigh says it right: "these are very serious alligations (sp?) and I'm scared. You see Eric and Alexx facing each other when the voice over says 'CSI will turns against CSI', which makes me believe they're definitely going to be on opposite sides, and I think Eric will stick to Horatio. Calleigh might be torn because she's known Horatio for a long time and they've been through a lot but Alexx and Calleigh are close as well. Now Ryan...Ryan. Ryan and Alexx have built up a very strong bond over the seasons, she jeopardized her career for his eye medicin, and I'm not sure... We've seen Ryan make over-hasted decisions and prejudices before, in Deviant, when he was quick to vote against Alexx' actions. Will he stick to Horatio because he needs his job? I would love to see a CaRWash conversation where they talk about what they're thinking. But I'm really, really afraid. I do not want it to be like Horatio/Calleigh/Eric against Alexx/Ryan and perhaps Natalia, oh and Valera was in the promo as well... because when Alexx leaves that would leave Ryan the black sheep of the family again. If he's smart, he'll say he doesn't want anything to do with this.

But next monday is a re-run, Broken Home, so we'll have to wait a little to see how this will go.

Debby, I've heard of Drachten. I live in Gorinchem, if you listen to the radio news you must've heard of it, 'cause there's always traffic here :lol:

Thanks for your information, Salean, I'm gonna get my hands on this episode ASAP and let you know what I thought ;)

Karu, I think you're insane. But I love you anyway. You're a hit and run now. Thanks, we'll discuss the posting thing by e-mail when you send me the fic, I'll still beta it for you!

2. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

Dutchie, I've heard of Gorinchem ;) That's quite far from Drachten!

I'm glad there where some CaRWash scenes in last episode! Hope someone posts them on YouTube or something! :)

About the next episode (let's see if I can do this spoiler thing :p)..

I just saw the promo and I'm really scared too. I also hope Calleigh and Ryan aren't going to be on opposite sides, but I'm afraid that's going to happen, 'cause like Salean said, Calleigh is close to Horatio and Ryan to Alexx.. I also don't like it that they show us Ryan in the promo when Horatio says "you're a rat" :p And does Alexx say that Horatio was in her house? Wonder what that's all about :confused:

3. Saya_Ray

Saya_Ray Police Officer

WOW!:eek: a long time I wasn´t here and there are so much posted in this thread, that´s great, you guys keep our CaRWash alive!!:)

I sometimes get time to watch Csi Miami, not on TV but on Youtube :D, and I have to say that lately we got some great CaRWash moments but nothing to compare with episode 2 I remember where Ryan and Calleigh were holding hands.
    But what I want is something more, I hope at the end of the Season there will be a suprise for a CaRWash fans, no Eric/Calleigh stuff anymore please...

Now I´m going to read your Fanfics you posted in here :cool:
    CARWASH RULES!!

4. Salean

Salean Rookie

Interesting thoughts there, Karu. I'm afraid I wasn't looking that deep into those scenes. I was more going 'yay, they work so well as a team'...

Ooooh, I hadn't thought of that. Yay for random subtext.

Next monday's a rerun? But... I want to know what happens... *sigh* and Dr Who had a cliffhanger this week as well. How are these TV shows expecting me to survive?

I have to say, Debby, that the bit about 'you're a rat' and then showing Ryan's picture had me worried too. However, they then showed clips of Natalia and Valera... and I think there was someone else, but I can't remember. I'm taking it as misleading. I was also thinking, when Horatio says about this person being a 'liar and a rat' - could TPTB be misleading us again, and this is actually something that Horatio says to a suspect? I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that a case is going to link Horatio to something drug-related... so, it's then plausible that he could be talking to someone who set him up or something.
    I'm scared.
    However, I still hold out hope that Calleigh and Ryan will stick together... or at least, stay out of the conflict as much as they can. Well, I suppose it would make sense for Calleigh to get involved... but Ryan! You have a job to preserve! We can't deal with you being in the doghouse again! So keep your head down, and hopefully for once you won't be blamed.

Oh, I hope so. How awesome would that be. :)

5. inge

inge CSI Level Two

sorry for disturbing the current discussion, but I want to revisit 'Kill Switch'. :alienblush:

I agree with most of your explanations (very interesting to read! ;)).
    It was necessary that someone told Ryan that he should rethink his actions and it made sense that Calleigh was the one because she trained him.
    I also understood that she was very angry, because he broke his promise and therefore he broke her trust.
    It was so disturbing for me that no one asked about the reason for his gambling. They were only angry. Gambling is a seriously addiction and I'm not sure, but I think Ryan said in a later episode that he makes a therapy.
    Maybe it happened off screen. :p
    All good scenes happens off screen.

sorry, I have to disagree once more. I so hope that Ryan is on Alexx' side. They are so close, she has done a lot for him and she's very important to him. It's his chance to show that he cares about his friends. I think Calleigh will stay neutral. She looked very concerned in the promo. Maybe she will say to Ryan that he should focus on the case and he should work it like every other case, but with special care. They helped to prove H's innocence in a season 4 episode without conflicts. Why should they fight now? Maybe H talks to Alexx' son? Promos are so misleading and melodramtic. Stay calm, I think it's going to be a good episode. I look forward to this episode. It could contain some good Carwash scenes.

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*scratches head* How exactly am I insane? Oh, and by the way thanks for betaing for me! Now all I have to do is finish the fic...

I think that Ryan will take Alexx's side... she's obviously closer to him because she's his acting mother figure in the lab. Calleigh, on the other hand will probably remain neutral because she wouldn't want to be caught between Horatio and Alexx... I don't think she's too into lab politics. Hmm, maybe Ryan will feel conflicted about the lab drama and he'll turn to Calleigh and have a long talk with her. Let's hope it works out! *crosses fingers* *lightbulb* Ooh! Maybe the lab drama is the explosive event that happens to CaRWash! Remember the bomb analysis scene?

Hi Saya_Ray! Nice to see you back at the thread! Wait a minute, Calleigh and Ryan held hands :eek:?! Man I missed a lot of CaRWash moments on screen... what episode is that?

P.S. A&E is playing Deviant at 7PM... who wants to relive the CaRWash goodness?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  7. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

:lol: It's amazing how slow this thread can be when I have a computer, and booming when I don't.

Season six so far hasn't been the nicest to us CaRWash fans. Slowly but surely we are getting more and more screen time between the duo, but I still miss the good ol days of season 3-4. Especially 4.

Karu Mila, Saya_Ray is referring to the scene in Cyberleberity. Ryan had evidence on his hands and Calleigh was swabbing his hands for said evidence. But she held his hand a second longer than necessary for getting evidence if you ask me! :devil:

8. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

Salean, you're right about the misleading promos, they did that before so I'm not that worried about it anymore :)
    And yeah, Ryan really has to stay out of this, I don't want him to screw up again :p
    I hope he's going to talk to Calleigh about it, too!

I love that scene :D Ryans smile is so cute :D

Btw, does anyone know if there are CSI Miami books with some CaRWash in it? :)

9. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Debby, there are a few (and I'm proud to say I own them all!:D) The Dutch titles (easier to get them, 'cause translations are often off) are "Noodweer", "Onderstroom", "Zondvloed" en "Daad van Terreur". All four of them have awesome CaRWash moments as well as amazing plot lines. I'd like to have Donn Cortez as a writer for the show, he satisfies every ship, but he seems to have a weak spot for CaRWash!:) I'd strongly suggest getting them if I were you.

I agree, I think the promo is misleading and I indeed think that Horatio isn't talking to a colleague when he says "you're a liar and a rat". That the next image is Ryan is coincidence, 'cause if you pay close attention you can see that he's holding something as evidence, and looking concerned so he probably just found some important evidence. Inge, I'm all for Ryan being on Alexx' side, but I'm even more for Ryan keeping his job, no matter what side he needs to choose for that. I do wonder if there even is gonna be a split, perhaps the promo is just made to get us all worried and hyped up...and I have to say that worked! :lol:

Karu, you're insane because you thought of that VERY far-fetched and deep explenation about why those lasts scenes were special. And take your time with the fic, we're a patient bunch.

While talking about fics, did y'all check out the newest chapter to my Best Day Of My Life?:angel:

Saya, OMG!:eek: Someone from the old bunch! Please check in more often! I feel old in here *eyes* Just kidding. But I'd love to have you back.

Heather, we all like to tease you, you should know that by now. ;)

10. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

Thanks Dutchie! I Think I'm going to get one of them tomorrow! :)
    I just read your fic, and I love it! and I know almost every song you used, I love Jesse McCartney :D
    I read your family portrait fics too btw, love them! I can totally picture Ryan and Calleigh as parents ;) You're a good writer! :)

11. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh, that was Cyberlebrity? Now I see... was it just me or did it look like they were enjoying themselves? But seriously, that's the closest we've gotten to season three CaRWash and I hope there are more moments to come.

Anyways, I won't be posting for the next couple of days 'cause I'm visiting relatives... keep me updated and post as much as you can. Talk to you all soon!

12. wolfe_love_2007

wolfe_love_2007 Hit and Run

Hi guys i haven't been in here lately but i see that y'll have been buzy.great job and keep up the good work.btw,i read your fiction,Dutchie and it is amazing.i was just wondering whether you know of any csi miami books in malaysia cuz i would love to buy them!:)Are there a lot of CarWash in those books?how are they like?shippy?bother /sister or just friends?[man i would love to read them cuz i love anything CaRWash related].please do tell and how many books on them are there out there?Before i forget,i just found a song that i think is perfect for CaRWash(cuz when i hear it i think of CaRWash)and i hope that soeone will make a fan video or fan fiction or even better a fan video and a fan fiction with this song.do tell me what you think of this song and i will also be posting the lyrics to this song in the CaRWash music thread.The song is titled on my way here by ryan teddy(he's the lead singer of onereplubic).do listen to it cuz it's fastastic!:)

13. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Unfortunately, wolfe_love_2007, I happen to be Dutch so I knew the Dutch titles of the books. I would have NO idea about the titles in Malaysia, but I can tell you the English titles. They're:

Cult Following
    Riptide
    Harm for the Holidays: Misgivings
    Harm for the Holidays: Heart Attack (sequel)

There's a new book out called 'Cut and Run', but it hasn't been translated to Dutch yet and therefore I haven't read it. The CaRWash in these previous books varies from just colleagual to shippish in my opinion. There's talks of childhood as well as teasing, and even flirty comments. I loved them all!:D

I actually have the CaRWash parts of Riptide and Cult Following typed out somewhere, so if you want a preview, let me know.:)

Thanks for the comments on my work guys, it's greatly appreciated. You make me blush. I just checked out that song, and I will see what I can do for you, wl2007! I would write you a fic, but right now I'm working on 2 other projects so it'd have to wait a little, OK?:thumbsup:

Karu, they were definitely enjoying themselves, they'd been apart for too long!;) Enjoy your visits!

Debby, it's so funny that I found a fellow CaRWash shipper that loves Jesse McCartney too! :lol:

14. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

I went to the bookshop a few days ago to get one of the books, and if you bought two CSI books, you got the third one for free! So now I have three new CSI Miami books :D I bought (I looked up the English titles :p) Riptide, Cult Following and Harm for the Holidays: Misgivings. I'm reading Riptide right now, and Dutchie, you were right, there are some good CaRWash moments in it! :D

karu_mila, have fun visiting your relatives! :)

15. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Hey guys! *waves* Sorry I've been gone for so long, but I'm finally graduated with my associates degree and I'm moved back to my hometown so I can be on here a lot more.

I agree about the books; they are fantastic! My favorite scene has to be either the gift giving part in Harm for the Holidays: Misgivings, or the ice cream ray guns in Riptide! :lol:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's epi at the same time that I'm sad Alexx is leaving :( I've seen a bit of the scene where she leaves and Ryan is standing just a ways off from Calleigh when she says goodbye to Alexx, so I'm hoping he's there to pick up the pieces when she starts crying (which she does for real :eek:). Definitely gonna be an epi I watch with tissues! Last time a character died/left (Tim) Calleigh hugged a fellow team member (Horatio), so this time I hope we get a hug as well, but a CaRWash one this time would be fabulous! :D

Keep the love alive guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.