Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

I am really lost on something here.

So many people keep saying that Linds wasn't there for Danny. But, she tried.....remember she flew through the doors of the ME's area so that she could comfort him. Danny was the one who pushed her away. He threw his hands up and walked away.:rolleyes:

I am the kind of person that when someone says..."I need to be alone for awhile" I get it, I back off. I figure that they will come to me when they feel like talking. I personally am not good with death because nothing anyone says will fix the situation, it is a time healing thing.

So, for people to say she is being selfish and inconsiderate of Danny's feelings just doesn't fly well with me. She tried, but he pushed her away. How is that her fault? If she stayed in his face all the time then she would be considered pushy and rude. Poor Linds...girl can't win for loosing!

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

There is A LOT we didn't see and the writers strike really didn't help matters at all. I am confused as to whether there was a time jump so as far as I know the murder happen only a couple of weeks ago. When someone I am close to wants to be alone after a tragic event like that I will respect their wishes for a while but if it continues on for a while, I will take a stand and try harder to be there for him or her. Lindsay, in my mind, was just as equally confused as to how to handle the situation. Let's hope this upcoming episode clarifies somethings for us.

3. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Well said Messy - I've nothing but love for Linds & I know others are the same. I think all we can do now is hope for the best and see how it all pans out. Would you like a Team Fluff t-shirt in preparation? If all goes pear shaped we can whip out the Team Lindsay ones later :devil:

4. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

5. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Sure give me an XL, Nope better yet a L. Let the 40DD catch some looks. (LOL)

6. Little_Peaches

Hell yeah! Son of a Gun - I totally forgot how much fun I had with that song and a bad man a couple years back! Lindsay in Karaoke, I'm liking a lot. Make him really regret it, not just s**t I shouldn't have done that, but man I messed that girl around. Bless - let's have him with that bewildered look and some random guy try to chat her up. :guffaw: - what can he say?

My nano is now blaring Since You Been Gone - awesome. Yes I also think the resemblence is striking between the two.xx

Ladies & gents - look at our thread views! xxx

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys, just thought I'd pop in here and post this link. I totally forgot all about this thread. Probably since it hasn't been posted in since November 2006 but if anyone would wish to talk about Danny/Lindsay vs/in relation to Danny/Rikki, feel free to take it to the debate thread. That might ease some of the tension in here. ;)

Here's the link to the Great Ship Debate: NY thread. Any discussion regarding DR vs DL should be taken to that thread please. :)

8. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

this was exactly my thoughts during her talk. she may have had approached him sooner about it but I think she was just kinda returning the favor from S3. maybe she missread his signals and he did wanted her there but then he should have said something.

I think we can argue about the cheating but what pissed me off the most was that he acted like a coward - in the morning after the call and then all the day with trying to put the blame on Linds as someone already stated.

I really hope we get to see the talk because I cant really imagine what he has to say.

in my angry state I had an idea - what if Lindsay got hurt like really seriously before they had a chance to clear the air to some extand, how would that make him feel? now that Im calmer I think it would be too much drama but maybe we could have the Lindsay rescuing someone plot line we were discussing in Anna/Lindsay thread. even better if it were Danny. so he would really see what he almost let go

and I love the Karaoke idea. in my dreams she was always singing All I want for Christmas is you to him but I think we can scratch that for a while but on the other hand now he has a reason to serenade her. and here goes the fluff again

9. Little_Peaches

Well, you never know - clearly the writers don't have a phobia of too much drama. :lol: It's like you could take almost any one of the cast and be there for quite awhile trying to work out their therapy bill! :rolleyes: Don't know about seriously injured maybe abducted. Though her sexiness would probably sky rocket - I know I appreciated wise ass Danny in SD whilst battered. :guffaw: My warped mind again!

Yay! *Tosses Carolina 'Team Fluff' T-shirt* To be honest people I don't know if I could handle Danny singing with a guitar. :drool: How can they make him any hotter? He's made baseball sexy, you can (or could) play pool at his apartment (look what happens when you make bets with him!) - he rides a bike people!! Now we're having him sing? *Melts in pathetic girly fashion*

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Urgh, I'm tired of debating the Danny/Lindsay vs. Danny/Rikki. Right now I don't care what others think, I just want this storyline resolved so I can actually think with all the information at hand.

I watched the episode again (I'm a masochist apparently, no wonder TPTB is doing this) and it really does seem to me that DL's relationship was never defined between the two. Danny didn't seem all that guilty at first, which makes me think he never wanted to tell her in the first place, why I don't know, but then Lindsay said her piece and then I got confused with Danny - much like he was confused with himself.

We guys are easily confused - LOL! :guffaw:

Hmm...yes, awkward moments and all, I do wonder where TPTB are going to take this.

I still don't get why we're getting a basketball game in 4x19. I don't know whether to embrace it, or dread it. On the one hand, all could have been settled in 418 (or 417 ish) and by 419 they're okay again, whilst on the other hand, Danny doesn't tell her and I really hope the writers don't do that.

Moving on from the dreadful deed Danny did is alright - I can do that, but if he decides to lie about it - well, a) he can't play the grief card anymore for not telling her and b) the liar label is alot harder to shake off.

I (would like to) believe that TPTB won't be doing any kind of character assassination, because no matter who you ship Danny with, I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy him being a two-timing, lying cow.

Which makes me feel better slightly because I don't think the writers would be that dumb. :) Or am I wrong....

Won't it be great if Lindsay got hurt, or something and lets everyone in but Danny? The poor guy. And if she's really hurt, well..I don't know what's going to happen to Danny because I think he's lost just about enough people in his life right now. Something bad happening to Lindsay might just send the poor guy to the mental institute as it's forcasted. :guffaw:

I can't see Danny sing. I have no idea why, but I always figure Lindsay stuffing a cushion in his mouth if he tries to sing to her. :p Maybe that's just me (and yes, I know about Ceesau, but still)

*sigh* I really hope that the writers know what they're doing with this storyline. It could really make or break Danny's character right now. It's such a delicate subject that it's easy enough to make one wrong move. I just hope that they've planned it all through - right to the very end.

11. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

I hope to all that is shippy that this is part of some masterplan for them to 'deepen' the relationship between Danny and Lindsay. Because we have not seen any evidence of that to date and I am pretty sure that we were promised that by Mr A.Z. It could be that Danny and Lindsay had remained friends after SD and things had not developed in that way :)confused:) because that would make more sense. When he was talking about missing lunch to Lindsay , he did not seem guilty .... or he is a really good liar? It just seems to go against everything that we know about Danny. I am still clinging to the hope that this will lead to a new start for Danny and Lindsay.... as long as he confesses about Rikki of course.

And I too would love to see Lindsay in danger as well (albeit temporarily) so that Mr Messer could finally come to his senses and realise that Lindsay is the one :D Just like NWILL..... I think I may have to treat myself to watching some shippy moments from past seasons. I like good angst - not this evil kind that we have at the moment.

And is it time for a new thread yet? We are on page 41 :eek: :eek: :eek: - is that a record for us?

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Aha! No it's not yet. When we moved over to the new board, there were new settings on how many messages you see per page. :) We're not quite there yet since this is only post 805. But a couple more, and hopefully by that time we've already gotten our answer from the writers as to where Danny and Lindsay's relationship is going to go.

I have no idea if Danny is a good liar or not, and I would think if there was nothing between them at the time, Lindsay wouldn't be as angry about Danny keeping her at arms length. It may be that she really is just a caring friend and doesn't want to see Danny do it alone, but to me, now that I think about it, the way she called him for lunch seemed less like a friendly invitation to me. Oh I hope to god I'm wrong because I really don't want Danny stuck with the "cheater" label. That would just be low.

As for AZ, as much as I want to go and steal (and burn) his toupee collection (hehe), I hope what when he and PV said pre-season that they were going to be together and their relationship would deepen, and that they would get a bump, that this arc was already being planned. It would be nice if we could ask them how long they've thought about doing this - and if it's preseason, well there you go. There's a sign of things to come. If they changed their minds halfway, well, that's just unfair and they've got their own lying label. LOL! Don't say things you're not going to hold up TPTB!

BTW, if anyone wants to use my avvie, do PM me :D It would be lovely to see DL love more often.

13. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

They honestly cannot ruin Danny's character any more than they have already done. In my mind, I see him telling Lindsay everything, because I think enough is enough for him. He seems to me the type of guy who just lets it all build up and consume him and then when Lindsay tells him something like that, he knows that it is time to let it all out.

14. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Well a handful more posts from me and hopefully I can get an avvie :angel: so keep one for me!!!

And I am totally confused with the whole 'are they in a relationship or not' debate at the moment. I keep changing my mind :lol: i think I just refuse to believe that Danny cheated on his montana. I know that things can change - he pursued her for so long and it is possible that he has changed his mind (sillly boy!!)... but the fact that he only slept with Rikki out of guilt makes me think that this is the famous bump that we all dreaded. Maybe it is more a bump start to a proper relationship that they needed. I hope for Danny's sake that he was not dating Lindsay - the cheater label as you called it seems to have really angered some of his fanbase. mainly because it seems so out of character.

Is this the one where Lindsay is seen to walk away from evidence, possibly to avoid Danny? Maybe Mac can lock them in a room together (minds out of the gutter please) and make them sort things out. Cos that would work for me

15. Little_Peaches

I've not seen the all of the ep - just the stuff our ship really didn't wanna ever see :lol: but it would appear that Danny's probably not the type of guy to normally cheat (not going into whether or not he 'officially' did just for talking sake) there was the feeble excuses and the automatic defensiveness when he met up with Linds later. Having (unfortunately) known cheaters, they are all too casual with explanations and don't feel the need to defend themselves.

I don't like Danny turning into a bad guy, don't like what he did but I reckon this will be an opportunity to get some stuff cleared up.

Lindsay getting injured and him in a mental institution? Bless. I don't think they can take anymore. :guffaw: but bring it on. :D

Mind out of the gutter? Oh dear I don't know how long that would last!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.