Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

There is such a thing as constructive criticism and saying that somebody's performance was no deeper than a kiddie pool is not bashing the actress. It's merely pointing out what somebody sees as a flaw in their acting. There is always going to be performances that somebody doesn't like. Everyone is welcome into the Why Lindsay Must Go Thread to defend her just as everyone is welcome to come into this thread to defend Rikki. If you don't like reading negative things about Anna/Lindsay and cannot go into that thread or just don't want to post in there, that's fine but the negativity in there will continue and none of it is bashing the actress. Also, nobody really knows if Carmine even reads threads like that or maybe he doesn't care or maybe he agrees. Who knows if he doesn't say. He does look over the threads about him and his character and things like the episode threads.

Also, nobody said you couldn't call Rikki whatever you wanted to and nobody said you couldn't talk about her. Honestly though, this is the Danny/Lindsay thread. If I were a DL shipper, this is the last place I'd want to talk about Rikki in but I know it has to be done and that's fine. Everything in here is just opinion and what one person sees as Danny cheating and lying, another person sees as not cheating and just making excuses not to go to lunch. What one person sees as Rikki being the devil, another person sees as someone just working through her grief.

This thread is not going to turn into an argument back and forth about what you do or do not call Rikki or what is being said about Anna/Lindsay in another thread. It is going to stay on topic and let the discussion continue. So, everybody needs to get back to a discussion about your ship which yes, right now will include discussion about Rikki.

ETA: Also, everybody please remember the rules: Three lines or more of on topic posting.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I think the writers handled this situation very sloppily and I hope they can recover from this. The reason I came into this thread was to get away from all the bashing I hear about Lindsay and I was greatly annoyed when we were accused of being mean and spiteful people. It seems more of a bash on us then anything and that is just not right. And I will digress, I am sorry! :(

3. MONTANA101

MONTANA101 Victim

erm i thought we weren't allowed to do that anymore...ya know go into other threads and bash peoples opinions and stuff???? i read the thread this morning and saw the comment and thought it was a one off but it has continued!! sooo i'm delurking once again

there is one isolated comment on the D/R thread which goes along the lines of "Danny and Rikki, you wish" , you've been in here commenting a few times and if you are talking about people calling...erm Lady V is it? a Bitch? People are voicing their opinion in this thread, (which i'd think would be avoided by people who dislike the ship) not in other threads except maybe the episode thread so why not go over there and say what you have to say, cause frankly i don't really care about the D/R relationship, the problem i have, and i think most people in here are the same (although i can't speak for everyone), is that Danny lied and cheated, not who he did it with, we'd be the same no matter who it was.

**blushes** never thought i'd come out and say that

looks for a corner to lurk in again bye

4. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Does this mean we can pull on our deluded hats and try to fluff ourselves up? Regardless of this 'bump' in the relationship I'd like to delude myself again that it may be all ok!

Bleeding optimism rearing it's head again.... :lol:

*shakes can of fog threateningly ;)*

5. eveninstarz14

Someone needs to be optimistic in this time of hardship! And I think it is quite possible that everything will be all right! :)

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Agreed. Everyone, please read this and follow it. If there's a problem, please hit the notify mod button and it can be taken care of. I'm always online and receive the notify mod notifications quickly. As I stated before, I cannot control what is said on other forums but you guys deserve a hostile free place to discuss your ship.

I haven't seen any sign of bashing in this thread. While it doesn't happen very often, posters are allowed to come in here and debate your opinions. Just as a reminder and for those of you who may not know, here's the Shipper Central rules on behavior in the shipper threads.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

BEHAVIOR

~ Shipper Central is designed to be a FUN place for people to discuss their favorite FICTIONAL pairings. Shipping is NOT life or death - it's fun AND it's fiction. So, let's please not take things so seriously. If someone doesn't like your chosen pairing, SO WHAT? You do and that's all that should matter.

~ We expect EVERYONE to have RESPECT for the other posters in this forum and their ships. Treat other ships the way you want everyone to treat your ships.

~ To quote TBonz - "Insulting couples (characters) and/or real life actors. DON'T. If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might."

~ It is NEVER appropriate to flame or bash another poster or group of posters. Negative comments and snide remarks towards others will not be tolerated in this forum.

~ If someone flames you, DO NOT respond. Notify a moderator and walk away.

~ DO NOT bring arguments/problems from outside this board into the forum. No exceptions.

~ Trolling will not be tolerated. Do not go into another thread merely to disparage the pairing shipped there. This includes going into a slash thread to make homophobic remarks or to state that one/both of the characters in question are not GAY. DO NOT DO THIS.

~ Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings), Otherwise, discussion of other ships is OFF TOPIC and should be avoided.

~ If you know that you'll be uncomfortable or annoyed about characters in your favorite ship being shipped with other characters you might not like, DON'T GO AND READ THEIR SHIP THREADS. You only have yourself to blame if you end up upset. There's a very good reason why each ship has their own thread.

~Let's try to keep the threads on topic. Discussion should center around the ship to which each thread is dedicated. General discussions regarding the series, episodes, and spoilers which do not directly involve your ship should take place over in the discussion forums for each series.

ETA: You people post too fast for me. :p I see you've already moving on.

7. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well, unfortunately we were not left any real choice in this matter...The writers have clearly decided that using a character who had a lot of sympathy to cause chaos was a brilliant idea.

I was thinking of something to start another discussion...What would you all think when we find out that Danny has slept with Rikki before SD and that Lindsay came between that 'relationship'?

I still don't feel like he should be making up excuses, but should be making up his mind instead...He may have had feelings for Rikki before and then he met Lindsay and he was drawn to her and after he slept with her, he really didn't know what to do anymore...

I feel like I'm not making sense...

ETA This went too fast for me too...

8. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Ok, so things seem to be getting a bit heated in here :eek: so don't mind me. I have finally seen the DL scenes from "that episode" so I am back with my random thoughts which may not make much sense.....but I need to vent :lol:

So, I have to say that I thought that Lindsay was fabulous in her monologue scene. She was more like 'kick arse' Lindsay from her first season, putting her cards on the table and being totally honest with Danny. So it was possibly overdue but I thought she handled it very well. Especially when Danny tried to put the blame back on her - I think she then said about not painting her as a clingy girlfriend (more on that later).Good for her!! She was direct, honest and vulnerable all at the same time. She rocked!!

As for Mr Messer, I think that the key issue is whether or not he and Lindsay were in a relationship/exclusive. Because this determines whether or not he cheated on Lindsay. Lindsay's reference to herself as a clingy girlfriend was strange ... as I would not think that you would call yourself that unless you were?? or i am reading too much into it.

This is where I am totally confused because I really believed that they had been dating since Snow Day. Maybe that was hopeful on my part :D, but I also think that by not defining their relationship in this season, the writers have allowed (and possibly encouraged) us DL shippers to think this. I know others may disgaree but that is how I saw it. Although we never had that definite confirmation, I think that there were a lot of subtleties (?) that hinted towards their developing relationship. Such as the return to the flirty banter in YODO and the love handles comment from CS, and Mac's comments to Lindsay in more than episode. So I do not feel silly for thinking that they were dating because the evidence led me to that conclusion :p

But i got the impression from Danny's reaction that he was totally blown away by her revelation. and i still don't believe that he would have cheated on Lindsay so it is possible that they were not dating (in denial? moi?).So I am going to wait to see what happens before I give up on this ship. Either him or Rikki admitted that they were dealing with their grief so I am pretty confident that they will not be developing relationship (fingers crossed!!)

The one thing that I cling to is that Danny and Lindsay are watching a game in an upcoming episode. Does this mean that they finally sort things out and try to have a relationship? Cos that would make me a very happy shipper and all this angst can be a distant memory.I certainly woud not be hanging out with an ex who cheated on me!!

9. Little_Peaches

I'm happily gonna take on the role of annoying optimistic shipper here for all eternity!

All this angst has gotta be good for something right? I'm aware there is a separate thread for lyrics but I had 'the take over, this breaks over' blaring and couldn't help but giggle at 'We do it in the dark with smiles on our faces.... .... Don't pretend you ever forget about me, we don't fight fair'

So it's open to interpretation? This kinda inspires hope for me, (cos I need it :guffaw:) but anything's possible - anybody ever witnessed an easy relationship? Boy meets girl, flirt, fall in love, live happily ever after - angst is missing? Erm no! So how bout we put this down as the 'bump' to which those people, who's names I do not know, referred to.

Ways in which Danny can make it up? Situations involving a 'can't resist the urge to make this official and cause all DL shippers to swoon in girly 18th century fashion (boys included)'?

Feel the urge to go to soundtrack - found a goody! Dutch, dunno bout Lindsay messing their relationship cos I'm sure LV says that before Reuben died they only said 'Hi' while collecting their mail etc.

*Dances on soap box - reason being I'm now stuck*

10. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Well, y'all know I really need to let y'all know that I am just out of my mind distraught.

I have this boyfriend who works for the NYC crime lab and he is really super awesome hot. But you see...he cheated on me with this spanish chick I think. Well, her last name is spanish anyway, and I just don't know what I am gonna do!!!!

Well, I guess I will just suck it up and be his concubine. :devil:

Haha we just all needed a really good laugh:guffaw:

11. Little_Peaches

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Yeah, I appreciate that! Totally forgot what else I wanted to say. :rolleyes: How can you stay mad? Long live the love for the fluffiness that is DL. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

12. eveninstarz14

Man, I cannot wait for happy moments and fluff! All this angst makes me tired and sad. I am just really confused about the upcoming episodes....it actually hurts the brain to think about it so I think happy thoughts! :lol:

13. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

You know I just can't be too serious for long. Life is just too short to be so negative and unhappy. So, when things get rough, I imagine Carmine, 1/2 naked, and looking so....Girl i gotta stop. I am gettin' too worked up!

Try it, it makes you feel so much better = :~|P

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well, it could've been a figure of speech...I often respond to people with something similar when they ask me to do something or what I think of something "Who am I, your girlfriend?" or "How should I know, I'm not your girlfriend!" :p - or perhaps she was just fishing, hoping that he would say something like "But you are!" :(

Yeah, I got that impression too...he had totally not expected her to say that, and that's why he wants to talk to her; he knows he's in deep shit now! :eek:

You're right, seeing how she already neglected him when she did not even now about Rikki (yet), would make it extremely weird for her to go to that game with him....or perhaps she still doesn't know by then - if that were true, it would really change my opinion about Mr. Messer

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about that...that would hardly make it likely he slept with her before *sighs in relief* :cool:

15. Little_Peaches

It's the little things that make it easier! All we need is true happiness so I can start posting pics of cosmos when someone sends me the wee icony thing! :lol:

And yes on the half naked Danny....... *Goes to that special dreamy place*

I'm still awake! :lol: Liffy - Lindsay with her kick ass Kelly Clarkson 'Since You Been Gone' outfit? I'm not that way inclined but hey, you never know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.