Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Salean:
    Any time - I like Ryan and Cal's relationship, even if I don't ship them. I just don't get why he went all ballistic and emotional when Delko got shot, and then he's calm and cool when Cal's missing - it's just not consistent. I love our young CSI, and I love how Cal looks out for him, so I was disappointed w/the lack of interaction, but it seemed TPTB had other plans they wanted to push :rolleyes: I'd rather have team interaction, myself, and I did like the scene w/Tripp, Eric and Ryan, thought that was sweet :) (although I'm still pissed H wasn't there, but that's for another message board ;))

I have to say, this is a fun "ship," and every time I hear the song "CarWash" I think of you guys - so have fun :)

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree completely & there are lots of others saying the same thing on another board. Anyway, Im a huge Calleigh mulit-shipper, her & Ryan have had some good scenes together & I was quite thrilled that he put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her in All In.

Keep the CARWASH love alive... I know you will, & if it ever happened for Carwash...even though I ship her w/ almost everyone....I would not be offended by it, not one bit.:)

3. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

*gasp* So much to comment on!:eek:

First of all, a very warm welcome to Heartz_Desire! (no, I am not gonna copy all the random capital letters in your name:p) Your comment on Calleigh's reaction did win my respect as CaRWash Queen, haha. That was exactly what I was thinking, the reaction she gave could've been a bit more than: "oh...alright", but well, you know me, it's not like I mind...:angel:

In short terms I loved both the episodes. (so don't worry London, you know me, I see the positive even through E/C scenes) I haven't seen them wholly, but I've seen the scenes I needed to see and heard about what I needed to hear. Ryan putting her hand on his shoulder is good, even if she was occupied with talking to Eric, he at least showed he cared. Expect a fic from me on that, ok? :)

The concern he showed in Ambush when they found the website was priceless, it told me everything I needed to know: the love is still there.:thumbsup: CaRWash isn't gone even if they're not getting many scenes to work on lately.

Lynny, I'm with ya darling, men NEVER do what you want 'em too. I've got the living proof, don't we all?:rolleyes:

Anyway, these two eps were CaRWash wise almost the best of the season. I can't wait for more of these scenes, and to see where this thing is going to take Calleigh emotionally, and where that is going to take us.

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Thank you miamirocks! I never thought that a non-CaRWasher would like the dynamic between Calleigh and Ryan... it goes to show that CaRWash is universal, whether it's viewed as platonic or romantic. I'm happy you're so open-minded about their friendship :).

Ugh! Lynny, Dutchie, I'm beginning to agree with you guys... I think that men are not that easy to manipulate, especially Ryan. I so wanted a continuation from One of Us-- you remember, the one where Ryan kicked Cooper's ass-- and this would have been the perfect opportunity to have Calleigh's back. 'Cause when Eric went ballistic on Cooper, that was defending her since he basically questioned Calleigh's ass-kicking abilities when Cooper said that she could take care of herself, which is different because that makes it seem that she needs to be saved.

However, with Ryan having her back, she wouldn't think that he was doing it because she need to be defended. Instead, it would be showing support for a friend. TPTB seriously need to give CaRWash those kind of scenes, am I right?

5. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

Well, I still haven't watched Ambush, so I'll have to do that soon to get in on the CaRWash goodness. However...

My DVR decided to skip Part 2 on Tuesday, but judging by some of the posts, I'm better off that way...

...or maybe not. I'm also seeing lots of positive and optimistic things, which is awesome! Anyway, I'll just have to watch it first. I shall return!

6. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Psst, Karu, it's "one of our own":p But I do agree with you, we all know Calleigh doesn't like to be defended, she can take care and WILL take care of herself. If anything, they should've brought Cooper in and maybe have Horatio question him, somehow I feel like that would have had so much more effect.

Let us know what you thought, WolfeWhistle. On one side I didn't like it, on the other I did.:rolleyes:

What I mostly like about the scene is that Ryan indeed kept his hand on her shoulder, even if she was talking to Eric. She must've felt his hand on her shoulder, and being the CaRWasher I am, I assume that she must've appreciated it.:D

You know, another thought on the giving into Eric thing, does anyone else think that she might've accepted his plea to take her home because...well, I don't really know how to explain it, but hasn't it been mentioned before in some interview that Calleigh might not really have feelings for Eric but letting him think that because she's worried? Like I'm pretty sure someone from CSI:Miami said that there might be feelings, or Eric might be imagining things, and if the latter is the case, maybe Calleigh just let him take her home to not crush his hopes? I'm thinking this because Eric said the thing about not knowing what to do if something happened to her today, she didn't really smile, she actually looked quite concerned to me. And her "...okay" as reaction wasn't really...sparkling either.:confused:

Well anyway, CaRWash wise, I think these were the best 2 episodes (especially ambush) of the season. As for moments, I still prefer the one in Cyber-lebrity.;)

7. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Welcome HeArTz_DeSiRe! [​IMG] Care for a virgin cosmo? Heck, we could all use a drink after the second part of CSI Miami. (Even if it is non-alcoholic) So as the others have said, the second part (All In) wasn't nearly as CaRWash-tastic as the first part (Ambush). I blame the writers on this. Honestly, how does Natalia show more concern about our favorite blonde CSI than Ryan? Just look at Miamirocks' postswho explains it so much better than I (Thanks so much for your outsider POV, hun! And I must say, I enjoyed it when Horatio was all upset that "his CSI" was missing. Very nice. :))

Yay Carla! I have another person who likes my silly nickname suggestion! Don't worry about the Eric fans, some of them have their little nicknames for Ryan as well. :p (I'm tempted to join them what with the coldness he's been displaying lately but then I must remember it's TPTB's fault. Them and their sucky inconsistency.)

I'm sure there are clips of the lovely Calleigh/Ryan scenes on Youtube if you can't watch the whole episode. I'll do a search later on for you, if you'd like.

I love you! [​IMG] (About the sandle thing, I mean.) Yes, I'm preparing myself, if worse comes to worse, for a Zirco/Calleigh relationship so at least I won't be as hurt when it happens in this show. But I'm also keeping my hopes up, and even if they do get togeher... well we can get the writers' sucky incosistency to work to our advantage! :D I don't know if I can edit my opening post but if I can I'll add the links soon. If not the next person who starts a new thread, please add these links so we can relive past CaRWash giddiness!

Alright, so I love all the positivity coming from you girls; keep up the strength, sweeties, as Carla said: it's ain't over 'til the fat lady stops singing after bursting an aneuyrism and ends up a corpse and the CSIs gotta investigate her death... or something. :lol:

I'll come back later and post some more. I got class to get to right now.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Miamirocks explained the situation so well!;)
    I'm not a carwasher too....but still I missed something in this episode.
    I really appreciated he was there with the others to get Caleigh free;) and the I was happy he was touching her and holding the gun she was using ready to kill the kidnapper. I loved it...so I really thought they were going to show the whole team consoling this poor girl....also Ryan...I mean Calleigh is kinda his best teacher....his best friend in the lab.
    He was more concerned for Eric when he got shot.
    Yeah I was concerned for him too...but if I were Ryan I would be more scared and concerned for Calleigh (the only one to trust him and the only one who tought everything in the lab).
    If it wasn't for all the clues she was leaving for the other CSIs they would have lost her...cause let's say Seth was just waiting for the right moment to kill her.
    Now if I think about this....it sounds so odd he was yeah worried...but he didn't show it so well as he did in "Ambush" or even better "Going under".
    He was really ballisting in "Man down" in the hospital room with Eric or right after when he was waiting for the results from Valera.
    I'm sure he was worried...but still I missed something:rolleyes:

At the beginning when he was holding Calleigh's ID I noticed his worried stare at it. I loved it. To me this was a very nice touch from TPTB to show their friendhsip...I mean he was practically holding a pic of his best friend who was smiling (loved that pic too) right when he had to analyse it in the worst moment of her life, not knowing if she was still alive or not. This showed the real most sensitive guy in Miami...which is Ryan.
    So after this scene I was ready to see a little bit of dialougue between them at the end with him asking her if she was ok and her answering everything was ok. That would have been another nice touch in an episode like this....cause to me it should have been a team episode...not a shipping episode;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  9. Salean

Salean Rookie

How is it, Hestia, that we seem to have found ourselves in two ships where we're having to hold onto our hopes that other relationships will pass? *sigh*
    Ah well, just shows that we don't lose hope that easily, I guess.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. Even if it had been a CaRWash-shipping episode I would have found it strange if the other characters weren't concerned. When one of the team is in danger, it's the whole team's concern, not just one person's.

Karu - That's a good point about the whole 'defending' business. Let's face it: Calleigh doesn't need someone who's going to want to constantly protect her, she can look after herself.

10. HeArTz_DeSiRe

HeArTz_DeSiRe Victim

Aww, thank you for the warm welcome Hestia. :)

Yeah, for now I don't think I'm too overly concerned about what happened in "All In." But omigosh, who noticed that when Ryan was testing Calleigh's things in the lab, the music was SO dramatic. And they zoomed in on his face a good few times. I don't know, I feel that counts for SOMEthing. ;)

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well the music wasn't that dramatic but let's say it was perfect...it was the perfect contrast for what was happening in that scene in this episode;)
    I mena it was definetly a cool music for a lab scene but the constrat that the music and Calleigh's ID (the smile) did with Ryan's stare and all the circumstances in which they were...well....to me was pierceless.
    I don't know it kinda shocked me...and I was really glad they did a scene like this;)

oh and btw welcome HeArTz_DeSiRe :D

12. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Well for me it's just plain ole' bad luck. :lol: Most of my ships in the past had the tendency of not becomng canon. But I still ship 'em no matter what the writers do because I liked their interaction, I liked their gazing, I liked their cute little gestures. I just plain liked them (still do).

:) Positivity cookie? (Slightly altered, new recipe for the CaRWashers!) [​IMG]

Oh you're welcome! Here's your drink: one virgin cosmo. [​IMG] I'm sure the others will welcome you. We just need a minute to get over the last episode whammy TPTB put on us.

Have any of you come up with an idea as to why Ryan is acting sort of haughty and aloof towards Calleigh? I mean besides the writers' sucky continuity and forgoing (as well as quite possibly ruining) established character development to pursue some melodramatic hook-up?
    My main theory, of course, is that after Ryan was fired in Burned (Heh. Clever title) he got cautious. Calleigh really let him have it in the episodes afterwards. When he worked for the television station she was more than just disappointed. This wasn't like the Death Pool 100 episode, this was pissed off, "don't even try any excuses on me because I barely know you anymore" disappointment. That must have stuck with him, somewhere in the back of his mind. Maybe he's a bit resentful and though he's friends with her, his bitter feelings leak out. Maybe he's a bit self-concious around her and builds this wall around himself, occasionally - unintentinally - lashing out. I like to think that maybe it's a bit of both with a heaping helping of: he's trying his best to gain the respect of his team after all the crap he's done (Calleigh in particular).

Any of you have any ideas? Seriously, these two were so warm and friendly in seasons 3 and 4 (occassional arguments that never lasted more than one episode), now we got a cool and emotionally reserved Calleigh and a stand-offish, terse Ryan; mostly around Calleigh.
    [​IMG]

I think I need me a cookie right about now...

13. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

*hands cookie* I'm one CaRWasher that isn't unfamiliar with positivity cookies! Anyway, I did welcome Heartz_Desire! Grab a chair, join the group ;)

Hestia, I've thought about that issue so much. I agree with you, but I also see a different reason. I do believe that he wants to gain back respect from her, but I see it like this, too:

Calleigh was in the beginning the only person that "liked" him, that respected him and saw beyond the replacement. I think during 3 and 4 especially, he clung to her, sometimes a bit too much (Recoil). Calleigh was the only one willing to listen to him when he was not saying something related to the case, and she was always there to give personal advise (Skeletons, Driven). In season 5, as Calleigh had more interaction with not only Eric, but Jake, too, I think Ryan felt left out. That's the reason I saw for his gambling, too. His mentor, his friend, is suddenly more around 2 other guys than around him, focusing on them and letting him slip. I don't think she did it intentionally, but it happened. And if Ryan felt ignored and left out, that would be an easy victim to fall for the wrong way out, i.e. gambling. Then when he got fired, Calleigh was everything except friendly to him, making him overdoubt his decisions and feeling torn, because she was the reason he started in the first place, but he's never gonna tell her that. So then when he gets rehired, the thing with Jake and Eric isn't over. Partially by his own male pride, but partially by fear of relapsing, I think he's intentionally keeping his distance from her, emotionally. He's hurt by her disappointment in him, but also he very well knows that he deserved at least some of her coolness. The thing is, I don't think he wants to get into the whole Eric/Caleigh/Jake thing, because he's afraid he'll be the odd one out again, and perhaps again seek for the wrong exit. Does that make sense?

Thanks Florry! It's nice to see that even non-CaRWash shippers missed something in the last episode. This is triggering me to write a missing scene:D *needs time* Anyway, you're a CaKe shipper I see, so I will return the favor by saying that I missed Jake in this episode. For the storyline they're following this season, someone should've at least called the guy to say his girlfriend (or were they taking that break? I totally lost it.) is missing.

I need to see that lab scene!:eek:

14. HeArTz_DeSiRe

HeArTz_DeSiRe Victim

Dutchie -- WOW! That's a great theory! I would never have thought of that! Oo oo, now you have given me more hope! :)

And thank you to all for your warm welcomes, you're all too kind! ^^
    And as a gift to all of you, (if I'm not allowed to post it here, PLEASE move it) I have written my own version of what happens between Calleign and Ryan the day after she is rescued.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4177634/1/Light_in_My_Life

Please let me know what you think! I'd LOVE to hear your opinions! :)

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks Dutchie I missed him so much...cause yeah he's still her boyfriend.
    They should have called him...then they could have made him the worst guy who doesn't care for her.....but not putting him in this episode was kinda aww:rolleyes:.

I really missed a scene between Calleigh and Ryan...especially after that stare he gave him to her ID at the beginning:(
    As for the end...I still didn't like it cause there should have been at least another member of the team in it....not only Eric.
    Even if at the end there was only Ryan...well I would have liked to see Ryan, Calleigh and another person with them...cause I'll always say it should have been a team episode.
    During the episode it was good cause it was the team...and we had the best part with the poker. They ruined this episode with a shipping and fanfictional ending.

HeArTz_DeSiRe
    I'm going to read it as soon as possible;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.