Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

and there goes any of the carwash chances lol. eric always has to but in. i still dont think they will get involved , when monday nights epsiode came i thought finally some carwash then tonite with the ending that blew it. Alos if you all remeber the horrible thought of eric in a flower bath robe, that mite not be so far way ,. i reall really hope not lol

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  2. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

so for all intents and purposes i should NOT be posting right now... but aaaagh i can't help myself. i needed to come in and check how the new episodes went. what can i say, the will is weak :rolleyes:

so i hear there wasn't much R/C in "kill the bride" (am i the only one who has kill bill flashbacks when that title comes up?), but still, i think it's a good thing that the earring was used. it may be that the detail got stuck in the writers' minds and is now coming out as a subconscious thought. so maybe one of these days some other subconscious thought will come out and they'll go "you know, maybe we should have ryan and calleigh flirt a little while they work. i have no idea why i just thought that, but it sounds like it would work, doesn't it?" ...and that is how the human psyche works in our favor. okay, i'll stop channeling freud now :p

karu- i have to concur with everyone in that your analysis of diamond vs. zirconium was fabulous, and very inspired. materials is my specialty, so i know a lot about that, and as soon as i started reading your post, i was squeeing like crazy :D another thing to notice is... *puts on non-existent glasses* ...that diamond is not only the hardest substance on earth (well, fifth hardest, really, with all the advances of technology nowadays), but it is also the hardest naturally-occurring substance. it takes a long while and a lot of effort for diamond to form, but it does so on its own. zirconia, on the other hand, is almost exclusively made synthetically. it does have a natural base, called baddeleyite, but it is extremely rare. extremely. so people don't even bother using it. in my head, this is sort of a parallel to how ryan & calleigh's relationship has always seemed so comfortable, like a natural progression; on the other hand, eric & calleigh's thing... well, you know. i won't get to that, lest i be reprimanded by the mod squad :rolleyes: (ILU, eric & cal shippers that might be reading this! *waves*)

and honestly, like nikki said, ryan & cal are pretty much unbreakable. think about it; with all the arguments they've gotten into, they're still great friends-- logical conclusion is that they'll at least stay friends forever. nothing is huge enough to get them to hate each other. truly.

ANYWAY, *takes off non-existent glasses* that's enough of that. i won't bore you anymore with all this geeky stuff ;)

just out of curiosity... am i the only one around whose favorite season was season 3? i know season 4 had all these lovely R/C moments, but for me nothing beats season 3. so now you've left me wondering.

salean- YOU WENT TO FRANCE?! *flails* aw, man, i'm so envious of you right now... *sigh* anyway, glad you had a good time :)

nikki- connections, huh? way to go all CIA on us! should we start looking for hidden cameras? :lol: i lol-ed at your description of the poker scene because, really, that's just how dear zirco is (heh, hestia, that one's gonna stick ;)). the guy looks pissed about 60% of the time... and it's a good thing, really, because anger is definitely adam's best-transmitted emotion. the other great eric emotion is when he's teasing, but that obviously wouldn't fit with the scene... :rolleyes:

anyway, enough about zirco (ILU, eric fans that might be reading this! *waves*), what's this i hear about ryan being all concerned? a phone call?? eeee! *melts* man, i really need to start watching the episodes again. *curses RL* :brickwall:

as for the rest of the episode... wait. HUH? guh-guh-- COOPER?? WHUT. :wtf: *brain. cannot. process* jesus! way to go back. people, get your helmets, because the world is surely ending tomorrow. ESPECIALLY if H did lab time. *pulls chair towards the nearest shelter* on the other hand, if it gives us nice ryan/calleigh scenes... *shrugs*

eee! pictures! thank you very much for these, london! heaven for those of us who can't watch the episodes until later. boy, calleigh does look very affected. it's weird to see her like that. but i'm always glad that ryan's there to help her, of course :)

wait, this episode's a two-parter?! hmmm, that's unusual. from brian's post just a few minutes ago, i gather it wasn't great for us. but ah, i'm still giddy over monday's episode and i probably will be until i get more details about today's. anyone? *looks around* oh, i guess i'll be forced to come back and check tomorrow... *runs to try and rearrange her schedule*

before i click submit and proceed to go melt into a happy puddle of goo, i wanted to say something re: london's holiday question. i think they would celebrate christmas with the whole team... or at least make plans with the team for new years (those who have read harm for the holidays: misgivings will understand why-- aww, so cute). as for the other holidays, i don't think they would give them much importance. i do see ryan as the sort of guy to plan a celebration for no special occasion. like, he wouldn't make a big deal out of valentine's day but he might surprise a girlfriend, calleigh in this case, with a romantic dinner just because it's, say, september 29th or something. or, given his OCD, he might whip up special little details for random "anniversaries," like the day they had their first fight, or the day she first called him babe ;) (sounds like something WE should do :lol:)

or maybe that's just me superimposing my own wishes on him :p

and remember my motto: STAY POSITIVE! :thumbsup: it's not over until the fat lady sings. or dies, as this is a crime scene show. errrr... you get my meaning :rolleyes:

i don't know if i'll be able to post for a while, but i'll try to check in as much as i can! see you around, you guys :)

3. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with hahaguy here guys. Save yourselves the pain and just avoid All In all together, especially you Nikki! :lol: I'm not saying anything bad about Hiphuggers, because I respect the decision of TPTB to write that into the story, but it kinda blows for us CaRWashers. I'm trying to find the silver lining right now, but I don't know that it's to be had in this case.

What happened between that look I posted above and what went on tonight? I mean I think we had all prepared ourselves for something like this happening, especially after the GSR thing on Vegas, but seeing happen on TV is a little surreal. It's like we can keep denying it until we have actual proof, and tonight I think we got our proof.

Looking a little on the brighter side I guess, Ryan was there when she got rescued and he did put a hand on her shoulder, but she turned towards Delko for comfort. And I guess in the end it was Eric that insisted she go home with him, but still, she went along.

Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and the continuity fairy will mysteriously vanish and all will become well in Miami again! :D I kept waiting for the April Fool's..but it never came...

Can anyone come in with their spark of optimism and throw out a life raft to this drowning sailor?

4. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

i just have a bad feeling that in the next episode it is going to be hinted that eric and calleigh slept together or they kissed. well look on the bright side just like calliegh said to him in season fives finale , they work in the lab day and night and they couldn't be in a relationship. Also it seems like eric is having trouble with his head again after he dropped the how to process a crime scene.

But think of it this way ryan kind of held cals hand when he took the gun away from her and he did comfort her sorta. But this whole hiphuggers thing is really messing up the morale in here. But just hope and pray in the next few episodes have a really good carwash scene. also i dont think calleigh went to erics place i think it was the other way around . ary if i got off topic

5. HeArTz_DeSiRe

HeArTz_DeSiRe Victim

Hi everyone!

Newbie speaking! ^_^
    I can't tell you how much I've gotten hooked to this show because of this couple. SO adorable. No lie.

Well, for some possibly optimistic news, the ending wasn't exactly terrible if you think about it. Yes, Eric did tell Calleigh that he wouldn't know what to do if something terrible happened to her. I'm not sure if any of you noticed, but Calleigh did have a look of DOUBT on her face after he told her this. It wasn't like I expected. You'd think if someone you had feelings for expressed their feelings to you, you'd be just a TAD bit happier, no? I can honestly say that if Calleigh really did like Delko, her reaction COULD have been better...

Anyone agree?

6. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

heartz desire now that you mention it i actually agree with that. Because she did pause and say ook. Great observation.

7. Salean

Salean Rookie

:eek:

I really have to go watch the episode and find out what happened... although, now that I've read what you guys have written, I'm a little scared to.

So, I'm guessing that all our hopes and dreams didn't exactly come true in this episode? *mutters under breath*

Heartz_desire - I will have to watch the episode, or at least a clip of it, before I can properly comment on that scene, but you have given me some hope for our couple. I have this feeling that Calleigh would believe Ryan if he said something like that, mainly because it seems to take a lot for him to say anything personal. (Think about it, how much have we actually been told about his life, by him?)

But yes. I will return once I have watched/read what happened.

8. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone :) I'm not really a CarWash shipper, although I do love Cal and Ryan's interaction ;) Just wanted to drop by and tell you that, even from a non-CarWash standpoint, I thought Ryan got the shaft last night. I was waiting for him to blow up or have a conversation w/Eric or say something sweet or of concern - but nope. That was weird to me. Even when Sara went missing on Vegas, they showed the whole team angsting over it. I would've welcomed a scene w/Ryan angsting over Cal, just to show that, w/her mentoring him, he was concerned. He seemed more angry and upset in "Man Down," which I thought was weird.

I really think TPTB are messing up the team dynamics of the show. End of story.

Anyway, just wanted to put my two cents in as somewhat of an "outsider" ;)

9. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

hi guys,it's been a while! i gotta say that it don't look good for our favorite ship but there's also hope-look at the sandle ship for inspiration.:)well i was wondering whether i could post a link to all the threads for our CaRWash ship(actually only form thread 2 cuz i can't find thread 1)If this is not ok i'll remove it-thank you .:)the links are below:

http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=50757&highlight=CaRWash+ship
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=51191&highlight=sandle+ship
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=51613&highlight=CaRWash+ship
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=52146&highlight=CaRWash+shiphttp://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=53345&highlight=sandle+ship

that's all ..umm could this be included in the begining in the new thread..and could we also add links to the CaRWash music forum here-just to keep everything in one place so that CaRWash fans can find them.what do you all think?let me know.thanks.

btw the last link above ,it's actually 2 links-just thought i let you know.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  10. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

First of all, I'm really glad to see yall :D and secondly, I'm joining Katie in whacking Delko for a couple of months and I'm seriously thinking of chasing Ryan down and making him go to Calleigh's and get his girl!. *sighs* Men. Never do what you want them to do.

Hiya Miamirocks, yes I know, I need to go in DuCaine.. but Ryan did get the shaft, Delko ruined a perfect carwash/ducaine moment.

11. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

*Sigh* Okay, I'm feeling a little bit better about the whole situtation...Last night was hard though, watching that and then letting my mind run over it for hours and hours. I did come up with some reasons why we shouldn't lose hope though:

1- I take my first evidence from the reunion scene at then end when Calleigh and Eric and Ryan are all standing there together and Ryan takes the gun away from her and she just breaks down. At first I was devistated to see that she turned to Eric for comfort instead of just looking for it in both of them, but here's the clincher: even when she turned to Eric, Ryan was still hanging on. He never let go of her, not once. I think that's symbolic of how things are going to run for a little while around here, Eric and Cal are going to try the relationship thing and Ryan's going to look the other way, but I'm confidant he's still hanging on. Here's my proof from the epi:

[​IMG]

2- My second piece of hope comes from the conversation Eric and Calleigh had the last few minutes of the epi. (weird I know, but let me continue) When Eric was talking to her, he didn't exactly ask to spend the night, he simply asked if he could take her home and maybe sit with her a while so she didn't have to be alone. That, to me at least, only shows the mark of a true friend, he wanted to be there for her, and he has a right to do that as they've known each other for a long time. I know the music and the tone of the scene aluded to the fact that there was a little more going on emotionally, we have no proof of that at this time. After all, Calleigh doesn't believe in midnight tiptoes! :D (I never thought I'd use those words to my advantage!) I seriously don't think that Calleigh would go there that quickly with him and I think we've still got a while before we have to be seriously worried. I also saw a hint of doubt in her eyes as if she was unsure about what Eric was asking her to do..We still have a lot of unanswered questions.

3- She has a live-in boyfriend that, unless he went the way of all CSI Miami lovers, is still around and probably isn't going to like this new development. 'Nuff said.

4- Horatio saw them leaving the building together and I gather from his face that he wasn't real impressed with the situation on a professional level. The lab just got over this huge controversy concering relationships among co-workers and I seriously doubt H is going to let this slide without at least a major warning or some other form of caution.

5- Perhaps the biggest of all reasons is the fact that we're talking about CSI Miami here! I mean, this show's not exactly known for it's continuity or its follow-up with plot lines. I wouldn't be surprised if this storyline gets forgotten about for a few episodes and then kinda loses steam, if it ever gets off the ground again. I'm hopeful that whatever happens, some line of reason and rationality will be walked and the story will be believable. Although, I kinda worry for Eric's sake based on Calleigh's "Black Widow" track record. ;)

All in all, I think we need to take a step back and see where this whole thing takes us; it may end up being a big deal, it may not. Whatever happens, I hope we still get some cute CaRWash moments and maybe Ryan hasn't given up just yet...;) They are still friends and regardless of what happens, that's not going to go away!

Keep the love alive guys!

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

So many posts... :drool:. Hey carla, good to see that my diamond post is making an impact on the thread... I love your scientific take on it. I guess overanalyzing really pays off.

Anyways, TPTB manipulated everything again and gave us Hiphuggers :(... but, that doesn't mean that they didn't give us CaRWash as well. See, this is where my attention to little details pays off. Okay, even though Calleigh turned towards Eric and Ryan was looking in another direction, he still kept his hand on her shoulder... it was almost as if he was reassuring himself she was there with him. Also, in another scene, the one where he was holding Calleigh's ID... is it just me, or was he staring at it for a second too long? ;)

And another thing, Ryan was the one who processed the trace from Calleigh's ambush and he figured out why she didn't put up a fight like she always does. This is what closes the deal for me... see, Calleigh and Ryan spend most of their time in the lab bonding over evidence-- of course, that's where all of those great CaRWash lines originate from-- so it makes sense that TPTB played off on this subtle connection between them.

Oh, and before I forget, there's a new fic about this episode called Redefining the term 'Subtle'... I love what it has to say about the ending in particular. By the way Dutchie, is there anyway you can get your spies to infiltrate for any CaRWash spoilers for the next episode?

13. HeArTz_DeSiRe

HeArTz_DeSiRe Victim

Yeah, I agree with the whole idea that it IS CSI: Miami and plotlines do drag if not drop completely after a while. I'm not TOO worried, but we'll just have to hope for more scenes with our lovely couple! ;)

But can I just say, that scene where the guys pulled out the guns... SO SEXY! Ryan was just to DIE for! :drool:

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

:lol: I'm with ya!

Umm so yeah. I think it's stupid how most of the episode, Ryan was only shown working on the evidence and basically not worried. I mean really, I know the writers want E/C but that doesn't mean they should just drop all the other character's relationships with Calleigh.

Ryan and Calleigh are really close. Calleigh could have died and we didn't even see Ryan worrying. Same goes with Horatio. But alas, we had that scene when he touched her shoulder.

I find it amusing how the quickly the writers change their direction. In Going Under, Eric just looked at Calleigh and said "you alright?" yet from Ryan we got a, "and hey, I'm glad you're okay." and a "Thanks, babe." Yet this episode it was the total opposite. I don't understand writers. :scream: Hardly realistic, in my opinion.

Anyways, it was a good episode and I'm sure Ryan was worried off screen or something. :rolleyes:

15. Salean

Salean Rookie

When I first started watching Miami, I had already been watching LV and NY for a little while, and the thing that struck me most about about this particular show was the way that the relationships between the characters seemed to change so frequently. In all the other shows, any relationship moves slowly before it actually comes to pass, or it is shown exactly why everything changed. With Miami it was just all... faster, and I found it all a bit confusing at first. I would watch an episode and be like, ok Eric and Natalia are going out... but then Ryan would ask her out and I would just be confused. There isn't really any indication that the relationship between Eric and Calleigh won't go the same way.

miamirocks - I have to say, thank you. It's nice to know that it's not just us who think that Ryan got the short end of the stick.

I still haven't seen the episode yet, but that picture that you posted CaRWash_Cutie seems to me like Ryan is checking round to make sure that there isn't anyone watching Calleigh's breakdown that she wouldn't be happy with seeing at that point. He may not be looking at her, but he's looking out for her.

EDIT: Ok, on actually watching the scene... there is no-one else there. Way to make a fool of myself. But still, it was a nice idea.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.