Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Juma

Juma Police Officer

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: Miami

I think the Natalia + Eric + Ryan triangle was the tackiest thing ever.

Eva Larue looks definately pained in a couple of scenes there.
    I'm hopping on the N just had dinner with R bandwagon! At least this way there was only one weird relationship in S4.

sigh

I sitll think the writers completely messed up the Natalia story line, if at least they hadn't added the Ryan part.

I was patiently waiting for a HO / Na scence to explain why she was a mole, and then he could have put her on probation and geive her another chance. Or SOMETHING.

Like this:
    N ( bats eyelashes and looks down):
    "I'm sorry. I was informed this was a rouge lab, and by the time I realised it wasn't, I had no idea on how to get out of this situation." ( looks down, ashamed and feeling sorry)

H ( sighs deeply but understands a bit where she's coming from):
    "Ok. Here's what we'll do. You get one more chance. One. If you prove yourself you can stay. For now, you're on probation. We'll see how you develop as a CSI and in 6 months time I'll re evaluate your skills"

N:" Thank you"
    H:" Don't thank me. yet. Make another mistake and you're out of here."

N slips out of H's office and hides in the locker room to calm down.

--------------
    Now if I could write this ( with no writing skills whasoever) why OH WHY couldn't the writers?

It would have explained the situation, and in time for feb sweeps N could screw something up big time, think she'd get fired, but by now everyone's forgiven her!!!!!!!!!! Ho to the rescue, obviously!

Including the viewers.

be still my romantic shipper heart.

suqeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hi. I don't really have a ship for Miami, which is probably why I haven't been in here before. There are some ships that I'd prefer to see over others, though.
    I agree about the whole E/N/R triangle thingy. It was, well, stupid. And poorly done. Now, the E/C/S that you were talking about a while ago, that would have been fun. If Ryan and Eric are going to argue over a girl, it should be Valera. :lol: I think she'd enjoy that ;)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh, I gotta say I'm a H/C shipper at heart... I just loved their banter in early S1 and would have liked for it to have continued. Having said that, you can find some ship in any scene, really.

I actually really like Marisol and H together... don't know why, but it's just *sigh* sweet.

Tan :cool:

4. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Muahahaha! I see! This is getting hot!

I am a H/C shipper. 100% pure H/C. I am all for it. I go all for it and I just LOVE it! Nyehehe..

Explanation? Aight..

I'd have to say that first of all, I've always liked these two since I first set eyes on them in the same scene. Ouh yes, I agree with you who said that H and Cal are very loyal and true friends but as we all know, some friendships evolve into something more. In my case, I see that in H and Cal. I haven't got anything disgusting or indecent about them in mind at all. My thoughts of them are purely of their very intense on-screen chemistry which I find very fascinating. And to me, there is nothing wrong with falling in love with yer boss; be it a lady boss or a boss like H in which many of my lady friends would go all dreamy and say that he is "hot" and "sexy" and (list goes on...)

You know, I realized that I am not at all into complicated ships. I like it simple and I like it when there is nothing obstructing my beloved ship. In my case, it is Hagen. And he has proved to be this...big, burly, somber looking dude with a problem. He gets his case all over Cal and H always seem to be there when he crosses the line. Not only with Hagen has H spoke so highly of Cal, he also told Rick Stetler the snake off in "After the Fall". Muahahah! Magic I say! "Rule number 1: Do NOT mess with Calleigh Duquesne".

Little things like this may seem so unimportant to some but I've learnt(along with my fellow DuCainers I must say) to read between the lines and what we've discovered is a whole new world! A very...addictive world :devil:.

So I say this again, I have no grudge against those who are against them. I love my H/C still :D.

-Casper

5. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Hey all. As you could probably tell from the H/C threads, I am a devoted DuCaine shipper. I became a fan of Miami in late S2, so I didn't see them working together as much as S1. I could tell that they had real chemistry, they had a genuine bond. And they look so hot together!! I've seen all of S1 now, and I am 100% behind them. "Kill Zone" and "Camp Fear" are among my favourites. The list of my fave episodes is too long, and I'm meant to be discussing Horatio and Calleigh.

With Horatio and Calleigh, it's the little moments that mean so much. A word, a look, a moment... all these things make DuCaine wonderful. It's a beautiful love, with a fair share of romance, I'll bet, but there has to come some angst now and again. I mean, with S4, the distance has been unbearable. And true, Horatio is Calleigh's mentor, but that doesn't mean there's limitations. They have tremendous respect for each other, and have stood up for each other countless times. Horatio defending Calleigh eps: Dispo Day,(S1) The Best Defense(S2). Calleigh defending Horatio eps: Under Suspicion,(S4) After the Fall(S3). And need I mention "Going Under"? Or "Lost Son"? Or "Broken"? All great DuCaine eps.

Going Under
    C: "...the evidence is..."
    H: "Right now, sweetheart, that's not important"
    C: "But it's all compromised"
    H: "Yes, everything...but you, ma'm"

In conclusion, these two people have a great passion: for life, for justice, and I belive, a strong passion for each other. It's not all pouncing on each other in Horatio's office, or champagne dinners, it has it all, from fluff to smut to angst. The screen lights up when they come on,(especially together!!) Songs remind me of their relationship, the good and the bad. I love them dearly, and I wish for them to be happy. Hopefully together someday.

As Casper said, we H/C shippers do tend to read between the lines, we fantasise... and write great fanfiction!! DUCAINE FOREVER!!! No bad blood to those who don't agree with me or Casper. We are perfectly happy with our ship, we love it, we love it, we love it, love it, love it!!!

Just a quick word about shipping in general. There are people who prefer YoBling to Snickers, E/C to H/C, SMacked to Grillows... different ships for different people. A touch between 2 certain characters could send some into hysterics, and others just go, "So what?" Shipping is about individual opinions, people united in devotion for their favourite couples. Disagreements can happen, of course, but it shouldn't be bitter or venomous. At times, I do find myself irritated by certain ships(I won't name them, I can't be mean!), but it all comes down to the opinion and personality of the fans themselves.

Just needed to say that. And my heart still belongs to DuCaine. Thanks for listening. This debate's going to bring up some good talking points.

-- Emerald, EE

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

When it comes to Calleigh, I'm beginning to rather warm to the idea of her with Jake. The chemistry between them was sizzling in 'Going Under' and it looks like the writers are set to continue in this vein. It's looking hopeful anyway. Also, the ship name 'Cake' just makes me want to giggle! Gotta love it for that reason alone! :D

7. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

It makes me giggle to, Lucy. lol. I can see Calleigh with Jake as well. I think there's a lot of history there and with history comes a lot of angst. And I love my drama.

But however I still hold true to the talleigh goodness for the reasons I have mentioned about a billion times before. lol.

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Exactly, me too! I always find that the relationships I enjoy the most on shows are the ones where we know there is a history between the characters. Not necessarily a previous involvement with one another, but when it is hinted that things almost happened between them, or there's evidence of a deeper bond that goes back a long way. It all becomes so much more meaningful that way (to me), and the writers are quite deliberate in telling us little bits of background info so we can put the pieces together. :)

9. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

[Angst Whore mode] Damn my merciless angsty heart! I would just love to see them into a (new) relationshiip. It just... works.
    And according to the The Great Prophecy H gave us at the end of Going Under, it seems like something very bad's going to happen to Jakey *sniffles*. I love him to bits and I really don't want to see him killed off, but if it happens I admit I'll squee my lungs off. And Calleigh would be such a cute, tough mourning late girlfriend... [/Angst Whore mode]

I'm still the hugest CaRWasher ever, though. :)

10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I don't think Calleigh and Ryan are platonic. I mean, would you ask your teacher if they have rough sex? :lol: I know I wouldn't. And I definatly wouldn't call my student "babe". But hey, that's just me. :rolleyes: I can understand why people got upset since season 4 was so CaRWashy. (I didn't.. I loved it.. :p) But if that was another ship I would get rather annoyed. I also think there's a great possibility that Cal and Ryan could pull it off as being more then friends. Both of them are shameless flirts with eachother and I love their banter and looks between eachother. :D To me there's just something more there.

For Eric and Calleigh, I don't really see anything. I mean, I haven't seen too many episodes of season 1 or 2 (Cause there's no Ryan. :rolleyes:) But I've seen some, and even when Calleigh and Eric have a scene together... I dunno, it just doesn't click for me.

H and Calleigh, well this is easy. H could be Cal's dad. So that's a no for me. I think that Calleigh admires H alot. (Who could blame her. He saves the world like everyday.) But I doubt anything is going to happen there.

Yelina and H, that's a great ship. It's so realistic. I think they're made for eachother. It's pretty damn obvious. :)

If there could only be 1 ship on the show, I would want it to be CaRWash, though. Bet you couldn't have guessed that one. :p

11. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

This is crazy, but I've got so many ships I like on Miami. It's crazy.

I love Horatio & Yelina. Their chemistry is just so natural. It's as if they're meant to be. :)

I like H with Calleigh as well. Sheesh, I also like Ryan and Calleigh. Calleigh and Eric. Calleigh and Jake. Sheesh, Emily is so fantastic, she creates natural chemistry with anyone!!

12. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I've been watching some Season 2 today, and it's just hitting me how much I miss Horatio/Yelina, which I so incredibly odd because a) I never actively shipped them and b) I don't particularly care much for either character. They were just so great with each other! Caruso seems to struggle to have romantic chemisty with anybody, maybe it's because he plays such an enigmatic figure, I don't know, but H/Y definately had it. I never understood why the writers felt the need to go where they did with their storyline. So far, she is the only person who had/could have and believable relationship with Horatio. I want Sofia Milos back. :(

For some reason, CaRWash is starting to bug me more every day. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that I'm liking the character of Ryan less every time I see him, but that's not for here. The more I see them, the more I realise that Jon and Emily just don't have a great dynamic with each other. I mean, I guess there is the odd moment between them that's okay, but you have to look really hard and really far into it to see it. You shouldn't have to work to see chemistry between two people. It just doesn't come naturally to them, they don't have that spark. The fact that they have them working together to the point of overkill doesn't help either. I just don't think they have it.

13. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Katie: AMEN. :lol:

For me, it isn't hard at all to see the chemisty. Actually I see it even if they only look at each other. I do think Jon and Emily have dynamic, and as Katie said, they say a lot of things that I would never say to my boss or pupil. And I wouldn't call them working together 'overkill' either. But I guess thats just because I'm a diehard CaRWash shipper. If I shipped something else I would say I saw nothing there too, so... I respect people who say they don't like it. ;)

Then again, that's about the only ship I can see. :rolleyes: And Horatio/Yelina and Eric/Natalia for some reason.

14. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

About the overkill, I'm quite obviously an E/C shipper, but I think if they were to work together all the time it would start to irk me too. It just seemed that from Season 3 to the end of Season 4 all we got was Ryan and Calleigh working together endlessly. Dude, change it up! It gets boring. Things have been a little better in Season 5, I think the integration of Natalia into the team has helped, but the need to keep shuffling which members of the team work each case; that's what is so great about having a very talented ensemble cast. It's just gotten to the point with Ryan/Calleigh that its been overplayed so much that I can't get any enjoyment out of their scenes together. Jon and Emily are both good actors, but at times it just feels they fall a little flat with each other, especially when you compare it to what they have with other members of the cast. (and I'm not just talking romantically here, just chemistry in general. For example, I enjoy Ryan and Eric's tense dynamic a lot more.) And I'm not just saying I see nothing because I don't ship it. I really don't see anything.

But I respect those who do. :)

15. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

That's quite possibly what turns me off the most from CaRWash. It's the same reason I couldn't stand Horatio/Marisol or Eric/Natalia. Once, there was nothing, and then suddenly, it's all right in your face all the time. It just all seems forced to me, and maybe I would have a different view if I just wasn't so tired of seeing it every week, lol.

With Eric/Calleigh, sure, they had a lot of scenes during season two, but I never ever thought any of it was forced. Same with Horatio/Calleigh in season one; Kill Zone and Camp Fear in particular come to mind. :D And even more so with Speed/Calleigh. There was far less there, but there was more to draw from, if that makes sense. (Like the scene in the hallway in, I think, Double Cap. Just a small "Hey, Tim," "Cal," but the looks and the scene say volumes more.) To me, the subtleties are everything.

Now Jake/Calleigh? That I wouldn't mind having shoved in my face every week! I might get tired of the ship after a while, but hey, I can still look at him and be plenty happy! :lol: