Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Miami

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: Miami

I guess I'm just blind for the overkill then, Jessica :lol: (Although I didn't like H/M, the other 2 are fine with me) I like to get things shoved into my face, apperantely. :rolleyes:

Ali I didn't mean to say you were just saying things. I just now realize it might've sounded like that. Sorry in that case ;)

Well, if you've read my comments on other threads, you probably know I'm an H/C shipper. I guess I'll make my case here, then back off before you guys tear me to bits ;)

H/C have a great history together, but w/out the "messiness" that could come w/dating your brother's wife. It's the little things w/DuCaine - a look, a word. I think the best thing about it is that it shows that someone has Horatio's back completely - Cal is always there for him, and never lets him down. They're both great characters, and to put them together makes the show stronger.

Talking about "overkill" on pairings - I definitely felt like E/C came outta the blue, and then it was as if the only person Cal worked w/was Eric. But to be fair, in Seasons 3-4, Cal mostly worked with Ryan. For whatever reason, as of late, H/C have not really been paired much, so I guess I'd categorize that as "underkill".

E/C may be "hot" (I'll admit that much!), but I feel like there's a deeper connection between H and C that goes beyond sex. I'm not sure what there would be left for E/C after they "did the deed." With H/C, it would only be the beginning - you could really get into some great character profiles of the two main characters as they confide in each other from time to time - I actually would rather those moments than a "love scene".

Also, w/DuCaine, I could see the chemistry without the writers shoving it in my face, which I think is what they've been doing w/J/C and E/C - those relationships are way too forced right now. They didn't write "DuCaine" scenes, the sparks just came naturally. That hug in "Lost Son" felt perfect - it felt right (I think it was DC's idea, actually, and he was right on). It's the unscripted stuff, the subtext, that really makes DuCaine stand out, especially in Seasons 1-3, and some of Season 4, before the Marisol debacle - (my apologies to H/M shippers, but I didn't get that relationship - he knew her for two seconds and he marries her - that was just weird.)

I guess who you ship depends on what kind of relationship you want to see on screen. If it's all about sex, I could understand E/C, R/C or even J/C (cake - haha, that nicknames really funny, love it! :) )

But for me, Jake is calous and uncaring (not just toward Calleigh, but toward the victims - just look at his attitude in the few eps he was in), and I hope TPTB don't go down that road.

As for E/C, it's sweet, but I still think Eric's a "playa" and kind of immature for Calleigh.

CaRwash is cute, but Cal's definitely out of Ryan's league, in my humble opinion, and then there's the maturity factor.

Horatio and Cal need to be in a relationship where they are able to trust their significant other completely and be on the same level. I guess that's my argument for H/C - they just click!

OK, off to my H/C corner now - have fun guys! Keep the peace ;)

Oh my god! I totally forgot about this thread.

I'm probably gonna get ripped to pieces too and I am lonely tonight. :(
miamirocks said:
CaRwash is cute, but Cal's definitely out of Ryan's league, in my humble opinion, and then there's the maturity factor.

I hear ya.

miamirocks said:I guess who you ship depends on what kind of relationship you want to see on screen. If it's all about sex, I could understand E/C, R/C or even J/C (cake - haha, that nicknames really funny, love it! :) )

I think a lot of people get that with E/C, but they are getting the wrong idea. I mean of course I say that because they are so hot! But I really do feel of a deep connection with them. At first that is what turned me on, then I started to acknowledge the fact that they both had some sex appeal. :p

hmm where should i start.being thinking about this about a week ago and had a great discussion idea about all the ships in csi miami but unfortunately i don't remeber it.anyways.i'll try my best to discuss the ships.(MAINLY-CaRWash, AND E/N.

similarities between R/C,R/N,E/C AND E/N
1.have you ever noticed the way natalie made eric smile in payback..the scence where eric told natalie that she left her braclet n gave it back to her..that smile was exactly same as the smile ryan gave callegih in Cyber-lebrity when ryan came in with the dna of the attacker under his fingernails.I mean you could see how happy they were.

ok back to the discussion of the ships.

Ryan and Natalie
-for me there is nothing more than friendship between them although its more like a blooming friendship(Natalie helping Ryan out n standing up for him).still i think that natalie is being nice to him because she knows what it feels like to be left out/not being trusted.eventhough she went out with him in season 4 i think(like most of all have said-sorry i can't remember who)that she did that to get back at ryan.still it was kinda obvious that ryan liked her in season 4(evindence:i wasn't always a csi miami fan n i used to see csi miami on and off n about 2 years ago in the episode shattered in season 4 ,as a non-shipper viewer..when i saw the scence where natalie came to ryan's crime scence and accidently step on a piece of evidence.i thought to myself:who is this new girl?n i was kinda jeaouse because i thought that she was ryan's girlfriend!
anywasys after season 5 /6 their relantionship became more like friends but nothing else.

ERIC AND NATALIE
with them you could see that they liked each other and there were open firtiration going on.plus they have great chemistry too!(sorry couldn't find anything more to say)

ERIC AND CALLEGIH
i have seen on youtube some episodes from season 1 and 2 and i can't denie that they had chemistry and firltiration going on,although so i just haven't seen it in season 3 and season 4.most probably this change occured due to speedle's death( there has been a massive change in character between season 1 and 2 and season 3,4 and 5 especially in callegih).

RYAN AND CALLEGIH
-Well,well what do i say about my most favorite ship,CaRWASH.ERMM,nothing much..nah j/k.It is obviuos that ryan has a crush on callegih but i don't think callegih likes him that way.sure they firlt and all (think physical-hand holding,shoulder rubbing-she had no reason to do that! :devil:)but sometimes i think callegih treats him like a little brother(but then you wouldn't filrt with your brother,would you?)n sometimes she kinda mothers him(looks after him when he gets in trouble-gambling.)n sometimes-very rarely,like once or twice i do think that she treats him like her equal or that maybe..just maybe there is something going on between those two.n then there's the smile ,laughs ,smirks(think nailed and cop killer),but one thing that i know for sure that there is between those two is friendship-ryan is pretty close to callegih actually i think that callegih is the only freind that ryan has n the only one that seems to care about ryan n that one thing that i am sure about(that there is a friendship between ryan and callegih and that calleigh cares about ryan n so does ryan about callegih.

all in all my favorite ship is ryan and callegih .(cuz ryan is my favorite character and calleigh is the only one who cares about him.) :)

I agree w/ you quite abit on your post TOGO2HOT, I peronally see chemistry between ALL the characters,its just different w/ each pairing.

CARWASH..they are so cute together, they have a nice little relationship, sometimes flirty. Its "nice chemistry". They play well off each other & I think he looks up to her, & not be competitive on the job like he is w/ others.

DUCAINE, I love this ship for lots of reasons but mainly because I think they have so much respect for each other & their so alike in the work force, but I couldn't see a "built relationship" between them until way later when the series would come to a close. & I love the way he looks out for her.

E/C... all ive ever seen is friendship w/ a few flirty remarks, they are so different in all department. I think their hot just not w/ each other. Calleigh has such a differnt outlook on romance & her job, where she makes her job come first & doesn't let anything the in the way of her career, she also is very independent not needing a man to protect her. Eric likes to be protective & likes to be "loved", letting his personal life get in the way of his job. I see a friendship there that has been built on respect, care & concern. Not necessarily "love" or "attraction".

H/Y.....can't say a whole lot 'cus I never really followed their story, but the writers have made it more than obvious that there is TRUE feelings there, so I really have nothing against them except for if their going to do it..well...then do it.

EDeN...I could go on for days about this ship but the main thing is that yes, their relationship has been thrown in but you could see it there even as far back as "three-way" & "urban hellraisers". Their relationship was obvious, there was no pondering over if they had feelings for each other. They've definately hit alot of "snags" throughout all this but TPTB have always brought up their "feelings" in lots of epis even after their break up. Its been all too obvious that Eric cares a great deal for her even after all the crap that happened between them. She on the other hand has alot of trust issues w/ men (who could blame her). He was still very into her up until he was shot in the head..go figure. Besides, neither one wanted to break up in "dead air"...the writers have yet to give them any real closure. There is something there that goes way beyond friendship.... & they could not be any hotter. Great chemistry....love them!!

I think it's time to bump this thread up;).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread is for discussing and debating the pros and cons of the various ships from CSI: Miami only.

There will be some ground rules. If the rules are followed, we should be all right.

Ground Rules
1) No personal attacks/flames on individuals or groups (ex: "Those Ryan/Calleigh people are jerks" or "All Eric/Ryan shippers are whiney babies"). You have to respect each other.

2) No homophobic comments when discussing slash.

3) No trolling. (ex: Don't jump on and say "This ship SUCKS!!!") This is a discussion thread, so present a reasoned argument.

4) No polls. We have TONS of poll threads. This thread is for discussion and discussion only.

If you use this thread to flame or otherwise abuse each other, we'll warn the offenders and lock the thread. When in doubt, check the Board Rules.

Before starting I'd like to remind also this:
Just a quick word about shipping in general. There are people who prefer YoBling to Snickers, E/C to H/C, SMacked to Grillows... different ships for different people. A touch between 2 certain characters could send some into hysterics, and others just go, "So what?" Shipping is about individual opinions, people united in devotion for their favourite couples. Disagreements can happen, of course, but it shouldn't be bitter or venomous. At times, I do find myself irritated by certain ships(I won't name them, I can't be mean!), but it all comes down to the opinion and personality of the fans themselves.

Just needed to say that.
Thanks for listening. This debate's going to bring up some good talking points.
I'd also like to remember that shipping is all about a fictional show and it also means it's all about fictional characters and ship, so, please, do not try to argue about shipping as if it were a War Military Camp:lol:;)

Thanks for reding this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok here are my thoughts;).

Horatio/Calleigh. I don't know. I've always seen them as a possible "father and daughter" couple in the show, maybe because of the difference between their ages. And maybe because I've already seen a relationship like this in LV with a CSI going out with her boss. I don't like this kind of relationships.
Anyway, the more I saw them, the more I liked them. I think that it was a solid friendship with Calleigh respecting Horatio & viceversa.
Whenever one of them had some troubles, the other one was there to help him/her except for very few moments like 107 when obvioulsy Horatio was busy with his family;).
I think their friendship always grew up and had some important moments like the best one IMO which was the hug Horatio gave Calleigh in "Lost Son".
When Marisol arrived things changed in Horatio's life and obviously also in Calleigh's life. Her boss was always busy with Marisol, but was never very distant from Calleigh. Same thing for Calleigh towards Horatio. When Horatio got married I enjoyed how Calleigh was there with a bottle of champagne wishing H all the best for him and his family.
S5 began very well in term of Ducaine especially with "Going Under" when Horatio picked Calleigh. I adored that scene but then it seemed like they were distant. I wasn't able to see any kind of connection between them especially after an episode like "Stand Your Ground" where Horatio never talked to Calleigh, although she was just threatened with a gun and almost killed off. But still he didn't talk with her.
I wouldn't like to be together but I would like to see a little bit more of their friendship, which in my opinion was one of the best;).

Horatio/Yelina. Well they're born to be a couple although they always tried to deny it.
And when they were able to face a possible romance between them, Raymond came back from death and Yelina went with him in Brazil.
I think, that, from that moment things changed between the two and none of them wants to start a possible relationship, or even think about it.
This is such a shame IMO 'cause I think it would have been the best couple of the show.

Tim/Calleigh. Well this one was my first real couple although I understood it right when Speedle died *:brickwall:*.
Whenever I watch reruns of the first 2 seasons I can't get over the cuteness of this couple:adore:.
Tim was a strange guy, very sarcastic and cynical. It was a constant shadow.
Calleigh, on the other hand, was such a cheerful girl who always enjoyed life. She was the sun.
I just love how they were different but at the same time they like aww :adore:.
Plus I could see that Calleigh really cared for Tim and his gun knowing the possible consequences of not cleaning it and, obviously, not wanting to face them or to loose Tim.
I think that the dialogue they had in "Dispo Day" kinda explaines it.
I felt so bad for her when she discovered Speedle was dead because of his fault with guns and, then, during the funeral.
As for Tim he knew about her tatoo:devil:. So there must have been something going on between those two.

Calleigh/Ryan. I've never liked this couple 'cause at first I didn't like Ryan. Even when I learned to love this guy I've never like this couple just for one reason.
I'm pretty sure Ryan loved her for different reasons (she was his mentor, the one who taught him everything about CSI life) but I've never seen her loving him. She never showed any kind of feeling for him.
Yeah she can get mad when he screws up, or she can be proud of him when he makes a good thing, but I'm not able to see her having any kind of feeling for him.
I also think that Ryan is a little bit too immature for Calleigh;).
But I have to say that, whenever I see them together, I alwyas laugh because of them. They crack me up (like the scene with the gator in "Under the Influence):lol: and love all their scenes just for it.

Calleigh/Eric. She's sexy, he's..he's, he's:drool: and without knowing them I could imagine them having sex everyday:devil:.
Unfortunately,I know them too well to be able to see them as a couple.
To me they always looked like brother and sister always joking and having fun.
They do have something in common. They changed completely: they're both a lot more mature than they were in the first three season. That's because of the events which occoured to them.
I think that these events kinda moved them away especially during s4.
He had a serious relationship (the one with Natalia) and she was having a sort of hiatus with boyfriend.
During s5 they were in the same situation of s3 but I didn't see any kind of feeling from Eric for Calleigh or viceversa. They've always been best friends.
"Man Down", IMO, was the episode which opened the doors for any kind of opportunity about a possible hiphugger relationship.
Eric Delko was just lying on a bed (almos unconsciouss) with a bullet in his temporal lobe. The first person he was able to see was Calleigh.
Then Calleigh always helped him, but he had and still has some trouble with his memory (ie. he didn't remember Marisol died one year before and he's suffering from a lot of memory lapses). He also suffered from hallucinations.
I think this is a normal thing also because he has a bullet in his brain.
The only thing it's not normal is his reactions towards Calleigh.
He suddenly fell in love with her, he's always there whenever she has some trouble, and he even declared his love for her.
But, I can't see any kind of love feeling from Calleigh towards Eric: she always helped him 'cause he's her best friend, she said "I trust you with all my life" for the same reason as before, but she never kissed him in the mouth, she never hold his hands while going away from the MDPD after the new pending rule - Stetler's law:lol:.
Also during the ending of "All In" he practically declared his love for her (there couldn't have been a clearere declaration) but still they're not having a relationship and Calleigh never showed her feelings for him....all she showed was a very little grin/smirk.
"Down to The Wire", IMO, is the episode which summerises the situation in the proper way: Eric came back to work too soon and maybe it was a bad idea"
If it hadn't been for the bullet ( if we had had all these last episodes without "No Man's Land), (maybe) I would have believed in Eric's love for Calleigh;).

Eric/Natalia. This, IMO, was the best relationship Eric has ever had in his life.
Before it, Eric was very immature guy always enjoying women and having sex with them, even without knowing their names (aka Toothing).
When Natalia arrived things changed. He was a very mature guy and I do think it was because both Natalia and Marisol.
His sister illness helped him a lot but, sincerly, I can't see how Natalia didn't help him.
For the whole s4 he was such a serious guy, I've never seen this level of maturity in Eric before;)

Calleigh/Jake. Well I fell in love with this couple immediatly, since "Going Under, Jake's first appearence.
I always thought Jake was a refreshing character for both the show and Calleigh.
Thanks to him we've seen a completely different side of Calleigh, the one we never know it could exist (especially after s3-s4).
-She can go on holiday:eek:. Wen I learned she went to Antigua I was "OMG" the world is going to explode, Calleigh Duquesne just went on holiday.
-She's breaking the rules for a guy. After Stetler's law in "Deep Freeze", we saw her walking with a smile, a little child could have while eating a candy,holding hands with her boyfriend Jake...a cop. She is hiding her relationship:eek:. For me it's such a lovely thing to see:adore:, I don't think I'll be ever able to get over the cuteness of that scene:adore:.
As for Jake, he, sometimes, can be a little bit cocky or rough. But I think it's part of his personality.
As a lot of people say he's the classical "bad boy" like James Dean. He can appear rough, cocky, self-confident and selfish but I'm pretty sure there's such a nice guy who cares about things and people.
I do think he loves Calleigh with his hear 'cause he showed it:
-he killed the man who just shot Calleigh and, then, he went to see immediatly if she was ok with a such a concerned look on his face.
-in "Deep Freeze" he looked so reluctant, like a person who doesn't want to do it but he has to do it. He had to ask Calleigh for a little break.
-their break last what? One week?? We saw him holding hands with Calleigh. IMO, it showed he doesn't mind his job, he cares for Calleigh...he loves her.
-"Stand Your Ground" he did a mistake with the reciept but then, although Calleigh got mad at him, he helped Calleigh. He also didn't want her to know it. If he really was that cocky guy he looks, would he help Calleigh without her knowing it? No, I don't think so. If he had been really that cocky guy 1) he wouldn't have helped her or 2) he would have helped her but, at the same time, he would have called Erica Sikes (the journalist) so that the world knew what he did:lol:. This is not Jake.
Jake is a lovely guy who, sometimes, can appear, cocky or rough because of his attitude.
To me he's like Speedle, I do think they are very similar in a lot of aspects;)

Hi there! I actually don't watch Miami that much but since I came upon the Ship Debate for LV and got interested in all the different ships, I was wondering what slash couples you have in Miami? I know about Eric/Ryan but that's about it. What about femslash? Anything there at all?

Well we usually don't talk about slash couples and, honestly, I don't know why. I mean they could be fun:lol:, also because I don't think TPTB will ever build up a slash canon couple. That's the reason why it would be fun: everyone could talk about it & their moments without having troubles while debating about it;).

Anyway there are some possible slash couples on CSI:Miami too:
-as you said Ryan/Eric (Hardy Boys): I loved the tension there was among the two in s3 and s4 while during s5 they were too friends. Anyway I'd like to think about them as a possible slash couple. They're funny whenever they argue:lol: plus they're hot.
-Tim/Eric: well they were very good friends but, honestly, I can't imagine them as a couple. I mean they would have killed each others, if they had been a couple...surely, Tim would have done it:lol:
-Calleigh/Natalia: I'm pretty sure a lot of guys enjoy this couple, but still I don't like it. I don't know they're too friend and I can't picture one of the two saying "I love you" to the other one.
-Calleigh/Alexx: I don't know why but I would have liked it. I alway enjoy their moments. Some of them crack me up while others are very serious. So I can picture them as a possible slash couple.

:shifty::shifty:Other slash couple on CSI:Miami:shifty::shifty:
Maybe Horatio/Tim: I think the only reason for it is Tim's gun stuff. We know H cared about it & wanted Tim to clean his gun. That the only possible reason why I can picture them as a possible slash couple.

:shifty:I think mentioned everyone.

Despite not feeling well, there seems to be some debate going on with Miami ships, so I thought I would bump this thread up.

But, remember our Shipper Central rules... Be civil to each other. Personal attacks are NOT PERMITTED... EVER!!!! Just because someone likes one particular ship doesn't make them wrong. Everyone has a difference of opinion regarding ships and characters so please keep that in mind when posting.

Okay, that should do it. Please PM me or another mod with anymore questions. Happy posting. :D

I guess I'll start cause I do have some thoughts about certain ships so I may as well speak my mind.

While I totally see a wonderful friendship between Eric & Calleigh, I haven't, nor do I now, see anything romantic. All I can see is a lot of gossip around the PR business, but what actually comes out on screen has been quite the opposite. There still seems to be a lot missing, mostly from Calleigh's part.

My biggest problem with this situation is that I do not watch this show to see the cast bed-hop, & because Eric was with Natalia & she was kept as a series regular, I don't like the idea of it. It's completely disrespectful considering Calleigh & Natalia are friends & Eric & Natalia have remained close as well. Besides, there wasn't much of an ending to Eric/Natalia with her ex dying & her mourning. IMO, that didn't mean that she was over Eric or he was over her....not when TPTB still continued to play off them throughout that entire arc. That part of this "Miami story" does not seem closed to me.

I also take into great consideration of what TPTB have shown between Jake & Calleigh. From my point of view, I'm seeing that E/C lacks everything that Cal/Jake have & everything that Eric/Nat had. On the flipside, Eric/Calleigh have what Cal/Jake & Eric/Nat lack - which is basically a solid friendship with trust. That's great & everything, but in my opinion it doesn't make them 2 people who were "meant to be", especially on a TVshow where most people like to see the couple go through these obstacles & see if they can make it through. To me, that's part of the excitement watching a tv couple.

E/C just don't have that, it's too perfect of a relationship that's always been (for the most part) based on thier friendship only.
I've always viewed Calleigh as someone who has a special relationship with each male character, she's a caring & giving person, & she always comes to any one of those boys' defense when necessary, so I have a hard time buying that we're supposed to believe she's actually falling in love with Eric. My apologies, but I just don't see it at all.

In comparison to how she was with Jake, there was an enormouos difference in my opinion. Seeing the difference between who was a friend & who was her lover (& who she wanted) was quite obvious.

I just personally think that a fully romantic relationship between e/c would do more harm than good, not only to thier friendship, but to the entire team & the relationships that they all have. There is a lot of damage that could be done all becaus of one decision.

As for the fans subject that was brought up on another thread- aren't we ALL fans? Aren't every person who views this show considered a fan!??!
I don't think that the majority of all 15 million viewers are hoping & praying that e/c make it, or that they'd refuse to continue watching if they didn't.
I'd like to know where this nationwide poll was taken if this is what TPTB are basing thier decisions on!

Just because a certain ship is popular on message boards doesn't mean that every single viewer is taking it all in & enjoying it, not to mention that there are still plenty of other supporters of other ships. They would also have to take into consideration that some posters go under other message boards with a different username, so what appears that there is this motherload of shippers for one specific couple out there - it isn't necessarily the deal when it's the same handful just using a new name.

The reason I get so irritated about this "fan" business is because it's very tiresome to hear people suggest that "it's what the fans want" - no it is not!! Not all of them, & a lot of fans don't come to boards to speak their minds, so what about all of them??

Back to the actual debate - I don't enjoy the e/c angle & it's pushed other characters onto the backburner, & the other interaction of the cast. As someone who doesn't support this couple, I am ready to see it either come to an end, a hault, or whatever it is they are going to do because
it's getting old. We haven't watched them evolve or develop, we've watched TPTB toy around with them "exploring what is there" for 2 years now, always the same thing they show, & all they show is that they care about each other. They still after all this time lack heat & if it wasn't there then (especially with Calleigh), than why I am to believe that it will be now or even by the end of the season...sorry, maybe e/c fans are buying into this idea that they will be together, but I know from times before (take H/Y for example) that TPTB can easily play & build for several seasons only to bring it to a sudden end & nothing ever happens.

Again, I apologize, but IMO, it would be for the best.
I hope none of this came off as rude, because that isn't my intention - it's just my honest opinion of the situation.

Well I have to say that I totally agree with you mjszud :D

Ok here's my opinion about the shipping stuff on Miami.

At first, when the show just began, I couldn't see any shipping 'cause I thought that it was just about the team...so I couldn't see any couple in this show though the thing about Calleigh's tatoo got my attention.
Then I thought Calleigh had some sort of relationship with Tim and yeah I enjoyed this kind of possibility since I kinda shipped them.

When Tim died I kinda understood what he really meant to Calleigh and it was just too sad.

Then again, I couldn't enjoy any ship 'cause I couldn't see the real chemistry, the one I love.
But EdEN and CaKe was something too good for my eyes. I won't ever get over their cuteness.
Plus I enjoy some carwash stuff 'cause I'm pretty sure Ryan "loved " Calleigh when he first came in the lab.

Honestly, I won't be that mad if CaKe and EdEN will die (well I'll be really pissed off but I won't kill TPTB :p ), but seriously I don't think I could stand the idea of any E/C for the future.

As mjszud it's kinda useless to say "everyone loves E/C" 'cause we all know it's not true since not every person, who watches the show, does post in any forum ;).
So there, still, could be lots of people who hate this couple like me :p.

I'm trying to kinda cope with the possibility of these two getting together, but
1) I still don't see them being together 'cause they're best friends and Calleigh doesn't love him as she mentioned more than once. When she had to choos she choose Jake more than once ;)

2) this whole PR is getting me really annoyed, seriously.
I've never read so many articles about TV couple...NEVER.
I've watched lots of show and I've shipped lots of couples, couples who beacame actual couples, but I've never read so many articles.
Eg. look at "X-Files": I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people wanted Murder & Scully to get together, but you could read very few articles and interviews talking about this possibility.

With CSI:Miami everything is different. In every article you have to read at least one sentence about E/C getting closer and closer every week.
Still in 2 years I haven't seen any progress except for Calleigh knowing that Eric "loves" her...unless she's that dumb, I highly doubt she didn't know it since "Born To Kill".
I really don't get why everyone has to talk about this couple even if you're talking about something else.
I read articles where they were talking about the whole show and the technology they used to solve the crime and pam at least one sentence telling how wonderful this couple is.

No that's not what I'm looking for when I read a magazine or any kind of article about this show.
I look for other infos about the characters and the show in itself.
Trust me this happens in every country and I really don't get it since this show was supposed to be a crime drama show.

Look at LV when Gil and Sarah got together, I didn't see all this PR stuff about this couple, though I guess there's very little difference between GRS and Hiphugger fans :p

These are two main reasons I can't cope with the possibility of any E/C.

Not to metione that I really don't see that "wonderful" chemistry between Emily Procter and Adam Rodriguez when they act their scenes.
I can see it with Emily & Johnny, Emily & Jonathan and even Emily and DC, but not Adam.

Sorry, but this is my honest opinion and I don't want to criticsize any fan 'cause I perfectly understand you opinion ;)

I personally just see "friendship chemistry" only between C/E, but I guess like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. :lol:

I thought I'd bump this thread up again and pin it to the top of the forum for posters to let off steam and hopefully keep it out of the shipper threads. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES AND ADHERE TO THEM:

this thread is for discussing and debating the pros and cons of the various ships from CSI: Miami only.

There will be some ground rules. If the rules are followed, we should be all right.

Ground Rules
1) No personal attacks/flames on individuals or groups (ex: "Those Ryan/Calleigh people are jerks" or "All Eric/Ryan shippers are whiney babies"). You have to respect each other.

2) No homophobic comments when discussing slash.

3) No trolling. (ex: Don't jump on and say "This ship SUCKS!!!") This is a discussion thread, so present a reasoned argument.

4) No polls. We have TONS of poll threads. This thread is for discussion and discussion only.

If you use this thread to flame or otherwise abuse each other, we'll warn the offenders and lock the thread. When in doubt, check the Board Rules.

So, what are your thoughts on the various Miami ships? Would you like to see romance on the show? Is there a couple that doesn't make sense?

Alright, I guess I'll jump in here too.

My thoughts... OK, I'll try to get them organized.

Horatio/anyone - To this, I say "NO!" I know, this seems weird. Trust me, I've explained myself. My feelings on this are posted in the "Dislike a Ship?" thread. http://talk.csifiles.com/showpost.php?p=879011&postcount=724

Talleigh - I actually haven't watched all of the first two seasons, but from what I've seen, this really could've worked out had Speed remained on the show. They had a very easy, amiable relationship that I could see developing into something more, eventually. I really don't think they were at that point yet, but I could see them getting there. Plus, the whole opposites-attract thing would've been adorable. He's the gruff, quiet type and she's the chipper, sunny type. It had the potential for greatness.

CaRWash - I've never seen any hint of this in the show. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, I dunno. Now... that's not to say that it can't be a great ship anyway....... but I've also never imagined it. It's just never occured to me. So really, I don't have any strong feelings about this one way or the other.

Cake - I guess because I never liked Jake, I never liked Cake. He wasn't necessarily a bad guy, but he never struck me as a great guy either. He had his moments, I won't deny that, but something about him always rubbed me the wrong way (and no, it's not because I'm a Hiphugger fan, which I'm getting to). From what I saw, Calleigh was only ever moderately happy with him, and I think she deserves all the happiness in the world.

Hiphuggers - My personal favorite. Yes, I know it's overhyped. Yes, I know it's what the writers want us to see. Yes, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. I can accept all of that. Eric and Calleigh have developed quite a rapport over the years, I think that's pretty undeniable, and I think the script as well as the acting HAS demonstrated a pretty sizzling chemistry. I'm both thrilled and apprehensive about...
...the relationship going canon. On the one hand, I'm basically getting what I want. The great philosopher Jagger once said "You can't always get what you want", so when you DO get it, you ought to appreciate it, right? But on the other hand, I'm worried that the writers are making it canon so that they can yo-yo the characters back and forth between "they're together and madly in love" to "they've broken up and they're miserable". I'm also worried that it might overtake the focus of the show, and despite how much I adore these two together, I do not want CSI: Miami to turn into the Eric/Calleigh Show. So... we'll see.

EDeN - I actually support this ship, despite my strong preference for Hiphuggers. I only started watching CSI:M a couple years ago and I was thrown in pretty late in the series. I've seen about 3/4, maybe even 4/5 of the episodes by now, but when I first started, I think it was just before Eric & Natalia had gotten together. I thought that they'd be great together, and then they WERE together, and I thought it was very sexy. :D I especially liked how affectionate he was with her, and how they seemed very at ease with each other (for the most part).

RaiN - Ryan and Natalia seem to have a pretty volatile canon relationship. What usually sticks out in my mind is the argument they had when Natalia thought that he'd tried to set her up, and how offended he was by that, and how she continued to assume it was true even after he appeared offended and wounded. They seem to have patched things up reasonably well, so I think there could be potential for romantic feelings. I've read a few fanfictions that pair them, and found the pairing to be quite pleasant. Here's a superficial reason to want them together - they both have big, gorgeous eyes and would make beautiful babies with enormous, sparkling, perfect eyes. Hehe... :)

RaVe - Probably my favorite Ryan ship. Maxine can be so kooky, and Ryan can be so uptight, so again it's an instance where opposites attract. I especially like the way her character is fleshed out in many of the fanfics, but I tend to like her better when she's made to be a functional, if somewhat offbeat, human being instead of the drunken floozy she unfortunately has become in too many fanfics. Anyway, I think his surly awkwardness and her blunt honesty would make for a hilarious and adorable pair.

And that's all for now. Maybe I'll cover the slash couples in another post (or edit this one a little later).

Last edited:

I also liked Eden despite that I am a hiphugger fan.They were sexy and fun to watch.I didn't believed that it would last but it was entertaining.

Speed was fun so a potential couple with Calleigh would have been interesting to see.

I always believed that Cake was a distraction to drag things even further so I was not into them.

But My favorite is E/C.The whole friends turned to lovers has always been appealing to me.

Back