"Forget Me Not" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

Ridiculous, isn't it. Even things like introduction of Sara's mother generated very little response in comparison, from what I've seen. What it does show though, is that a lot of fans still care about GSR and if TPTB expected to drop a bomb-shell like that and get a "oh, okay then" response from most they were proven wrong.
    It was always the little things with GSR that mattered the most, glimpses, and as you rightly pointed out it never took away from the show. I'd have been more than happy if the jungle was the last we heard of them. It was a beautiful, well deserved conclusion. So what happened afterwards(Sara's back full time, LDR problem invention) was considered ridiculous by many people.
    We don't need GSR on screen. But we need a closure that this couple has deserved and break up, divorce CANNOT be it with the history that Grissom and Sara share. It's a cowardly way out that makes no sense.

2. Inxs

Inxs Lab Technician

I thought it was really good episode,Jorja was excelent The scenes between Sara and her mother were very well done with the actors doing a great job hope to see more of her.
    The whole cast were great.
    would you have prefered it if Jorja had not come back to CSI .

3. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Just my two cents, not particularly a GSR or Sara fan but Jorja did a great job.

I really felt for Sara when she told Nick and Greg she didn't feel like she could tell anyone at the lab her marriage was over without coming off as the bad guy.

I particularly liked Nick in big brother/protector mode.

The end with the three of them talking was really nice, Sara knows she can go to them now.

I also liked how Nick and Greg didn't take sides, like Doc said, can't they be for both?

I thought it was a good episode. :thumbsup:

4. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

I wouldn't have, no. But writers have dug themselves a hole by creating LDR. IMO there was no reason why Grissom couldn't live in Vegas too, offscreen. Teaching, writing, etc. Perhaps going away abroad on some research for a short while. The argument I've heard is that people would've expected him to be on screen, but why would he? He's retired from the lab, he's not the type to pop on a social visit, the show doesn't focus on CSIs away from the lab much. You virtually never see other CSI's husbands/wifes(not that many have them) An occasional remark from Sara about them or him along the lines of those she made in season 10. I can't see why that wouldn't keep most people happy.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I do have one more thing to say. I stopped stopped being a regular CSI watcher about two years ago, partly due to real life, but also because I got tired of other characters being shoved into the background.

I think GSR needs to be put to a rest..and I also believe the whole show should just be put to a rest.

6. luvnicky

luvnicky Victim

Didn't CM or one of the other EP's say that Jorja had a big hand in how the story would play out? If that's the case, shouldn't some of the blame be aimed at her as well as tptb?

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I am also thinking CSI should end. it just isn't what it was without the original cast who have left. And I hate to see a show end up in the trash because it ran too long.

8. leo99va

leo99va Victim

I agree with you CSI should come to an end the show has not been the same without the original cast.

9. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Yep, CSI should have ended in season 9. It's not been the same since and it's getting out of hand. I more or less skipped seasons 9-12 and this is the only season I follow regularly mainly because it's focused on the original cast. Otherwise I couldn't care less about the new cast and the poorly written cases.

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think the "Ray" years were very painful to watch but I personally love Ted Danson as Russell and I think the last two years have been a whole lot better than the previous 3 years with Ray. Personally the more GSR they have on the show makes it less and less of a procedural and more of the type of show I don't want to watch.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The Ray years were good for Nick fans which ticked off Sara fans to no end. Especially when George gave interviews and was trashed by GSR fans..gees..freedom of speech doesn't apply when it comes to GSR it seems.

This show was woefully inadequate at balancing screen time for characters, particularly because the writers centered the show on Grissom. The problem with with that direction was once BP left, they were up sh** creek without a paddle.

Shows like Criminal Minds succeed where CSI fails because the emphasis is on the TEAM..not just BP and any of his extensions..like Sara..which was the only purpose that character.

Too bad Jorja Fox wasn't recruited by Criminal Minds..she would have done well there..

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

That's a pretty big generalization.

13. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

The Ray years were just only on Ray and Nick,
    Catherine, Sara, Greg and Brass had a few screen time (sometimes just extra roles...)
    I'm glad Sara has a storyline this year (she didn't have it since season 8)
    Now I want a Brass/Ellie story and a real storyline for Greg (not a romance, I'm just tired of ships)
    For Nick I want something else than him wanting to leave his job...

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Okay, let me rephrase what I said. When Ray was on the show, George gave an interview expressing how much he liked the new actors and something he said in that interview really got twisted around and the guy was cyber bullied to no end. To the point where he limited interviews. Most of these fans were GSR fans..most..not all..but most..so.

As for Sara not having screen time season 8, she got her fair share and so really, it is only fair things are evened out with George, but that will never happen. So life goes on.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yup, I'm going to have to put my two cents in. :D

It's no secret that I have never been a fan of GSR ;) as I feel there is absolutely no romantic chemistry between the two...as team members, yes, as lovers, no!

Now having said that and I've posted this before, I think the writers have mishandled this whole thing. First, Grissom could just have been living in Vegas and travelled at times and DID NOT have to feel the need to mention him or have him at the lab. :rolleyes: I mean, seriously, do they think we're all that stupid or something.

From my point of view of watch the show and seeing every episode (which these writers obviously have not), Sara has done nothing but manipulate and play games with Grissom. Examples: threatening to leave because he isn't respecting her, she can't stand looking at ground meat and had NO problem looking at it and discussing it with Grissom, but as soon he asks her to clean it up, it's a problem and him disrespecting her. Ugh. Games. She basically gives Grissom an ultimate in 'Leave Out All The Rest' and in the end Grissom gives up Everythign to be with her and what does she do, goes back to Vegas to work.

She finally gets the man she wants and she leaves him, to do the job she said TWICE she cannot do anymore. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In any case, it is a TV show :), and Jorja came back so it is what it is, but Grissom still could have been living in Vegas.

Now am I glad they're broken up, yes!!!!!! But I never could stand the pairing in the first place.

GSR needs to stop, as Blackflag said, CSI is NOT about them and season 7 was all about them.

As for Ray and Nick. It has been published many times that Marg and others did not like working with Fishburne, hence Nick always working with him. George is the most easy going person on the set, so it would be natural. And even if that wasn't true, it was about time he as put front and center. It was long overdue.

It still doesn't change the fact that he is the only character that hasn't had a season long arc or any type of arc, that is. Even Greg had one.

So he is long over due and the writers need to stop treating him like crap. Yes, he's had some episodes, thankfully, but he deserves more. He's been there since episode 1 and is mostly the only 'cheerleader' for the show who is a cast member.

I am not, however, counting the 1st half of last season as his father was terminally ill and George had his priorities straight and went to be with his father at times.

So listen up tptb, George/Nick deserves a story arc and he better get one. But please, please don't make it a stupid girlfriend ends up in trouble arc. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It's been done to death in Hollywood.

And don't state anything you have planned for him, because you rarely, if ever, follow through on it.

You've haven't had to time to address his quitting like you said you would. Yeah, you didn't have time. :rolleyes: You had more than enough time, but concentrating on Jorja and GSR was your priority. :rolleyes:

Sorry GSR fans, that's how I feel. I know you're all disappointment and I do know how you feel, I do. I think we can all relate to be disappointed. We've all felt that about our favorite characters.

As for Petersen coming back, he had wanted to leave the show since, what, season 3 or 4, so he's not coming back and you just have to accept it. I loved Grissom and I do miss him, but I know he isn't coming back. And if it's just so we can have GSR moments, which anytime he did appear or was heard, that was all it was and THAT is what does him and Grissom a disservice.

Just like the whole jungle scene did him a disservice. Let's face it Grissom is and was a big part of what made the show great and to cheapen it with a jungle scene. They could have shown that at the beginning and then started the episode. It should have just been him walking out of the lab and ending it there.

Having said all that...:D I liked the episode and like how George was protective of her and was actually shocked that the last scene was with Nick and Greg and not Russel and/or Finn. It should have been the three of them and that scene felt a lot like the old CSI, which I miss dearly. :) Those three, with Brass, will always be 'family' and 'family' to all of us.