Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'm feeling the opposite, wasn't disappointed :)

Loved her getting the plant at the end :thumbsup:

I don't know, maybe I was so happy to finally have some GSR it didn't matter what we got

Except angst, don't want to see that

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I re-watched Malice in Wonderland, and I feel a little better about the GSR we got in the episode. Like sharp said, it was nice to finally get something. Once I got over my heightened expectations, I appreciated the three mentions that we did get.
    Sara's knowing smile at the end was sweet, and since we never got to see her reaction when she first got the plant back in BFY, it was nice. But I do think she seemed a little sad and was thinking about missing him. Maybe she got on a plane the next day and went for a visit. :)
    More moments like that would be nice, and I'm still not crazy about the long distance storyline, but anything addressing their marriage (in a good way) is always welcome. I will try to keep my expectations more realistic, but I do hope we get something more than once a year.

Keep the home fires burning, Sara. :)
    And keep up the good work, Jorja!

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow, I had to do an archive search for this thread. :lol:

Nothing new, but CBS has released a 'TV Briefly' clip on CSI that is a good review of the show. And it includes a segment on GSR. YAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIqDKxUkTM

Seasons 5 and 6 have been airing on SpikeTV recently. It's great to go back and watch some of those old scenes of them together. Those seem to be the transition years for Sara and Grissom, when their relationship progresses from friendship to something more. Seasons 5, 6, and 7 are easily my favorite seasons. Good times. :)

4. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

Yes this is what I'm talking about it such a good pairing and it better than a Grissom/Catherine pairing.

5. sharp52092

Hi Mr Jo Danville :)

This is the GSR thread, just for GSR

If your going to share your thoughts on why you like this any ship over another, the debate thread is the place for that :) and also try to explain why you think that ship is great or not so great

6. sharp52092

Okay, like I was saying in the episode thread in LV

Did anyone else feel something is up with GSR (and not in a good way) with what Sara was saying at the end of last night?

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Could you elaborate? I admit I'm nervous about the 'tension' Jorja talked about in her interview, but I don't recall anything from last night that particularly bothered me.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah,I didn't notice anything either.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Based on this last episode (I did love hearing Grissom's voice), and some spoilers, I guess the writers are injecting some tension in the GSR. While I'm not particularly happy about it, I am glad they are at least addressing it.
    Sara misses Grissom. Of course she does. Here's hoping the writers bring him home, and WP makes an appearance.

So, when exactly is their anniversary? Inquiring GSR minds want to know.

10. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Well, you know it's never good when you have to do an archive search to reach this thread..

I haven't been here in about a year, and it looks as though almost everyone I knew is no longer active... so hello :) To be honest I haven't been actively keeping up with CSI in itself since season 9, however I do check back to see how the GSR storyline is staying alive, and it makes me sad to see that it's barely kicking.
    I'm appreciative of all the references that we're given, and the writers are making it very clear that it isn't a story they intend on ending but without Grissom returning to the show, I'm afraid this will burn out.

I also came here to inquire... Since I haven't exactly been keeping up, are there any episodes with blatant GSR references in season 11-13 so far? Anything worth mentioning? I've seen Two Mrs. Grissoms, but otherwise just curious, thanks!
    Anywho, if anyone remembers me, I haven't given up hope! haha I'm planning on watching the show itself more consistently now that my schedule allows it, I'm just too sentimental of how the show used to be to accept the changes :(

EDIT: Just in passing - I remember for a few years after I first joined, the GSR thread was the most lucrative and we would be creating new threads every 3-5 months and the fact that this thread has stretched itself out over 3 years makes me even more aware of the decline in positive outlooks.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^

This thread is definitely struggling to remain relevant, JFF. We've had very little proof on screen that their marriage is still intact, other than the fact that Sara still wears a wedding ring. 'The Two Mrs. Grissoms' was awesome, but that's been over a year ago. The writers have been too busy with the new characters to give us any insight into GSR.
    We have been promised some details this season; but, of course, it's all about angst. *sigh*
    Episode 10 is Sara-centric and will deal with their marriage, we have been told.

Welcome back BTW!

12. JorjaFoxFan

Thanks!!

And I definitely don't blame them, it's incredibly difficult to integrate so many new faces into the thirteenth season, of a hit show nonetheless; it's definitely going to take some focus.

I'm hoping that instead of impervious little remarks that quickly remind the audience "oh hey we're still married" they're marring up to a point where they can do a full story-arch and focus on what's been happening.. Irregardless, Sara's character has to have her day in the sunlight soon enough.So hopefully ep. 10 kicks off what we've been waiting for...
    Especially since this ex-colleague and flame from San Francisco has a recurring role - I'm sure this will be a true testament to their marriage and the strength of a long distance relationship. It'll be interesting because I'm sure she misses him a lot..

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  13. MacsGirlMel

I just think the writers are annoying saying it would be awkward to say he was teaching in Vegas or something. grrr.

14. JorjaFoxFan

Well, they can't really go as far as to say he's somewhere in Vegas without Billy actually being scheduled for a guest I appearance. We'd riot :p
    I like the idea of giving Sara a vice... I mean we've watched

Grissom with Lady Heather, and it's sort of a reciprocity outlet to his off screen meetings with her. I'm still very hopeful that we'll feel validated this season in regards to GSR.

15. MacsGirlMel

I know we'll need spoiler tags but any thoughts on what was just posted?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.