Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^^^ Sorry to post again, but in addition to that question, here's some news that has been released about the second half of S13 about the characters in general, Sara's portion is relevant..

Sources close to the show tell CSI Files exclusively that Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox), Nick Stokes (George Eads), and Morgan Brody (Elisabeth Harnois) will be dealing with some significant character development during the remainder of this season, and also potentially set the stage for a visit from returning characters.
    “We want to more completely address the issue of Sara and Grissom; the challenge of that for her, certainly,” one source tells CSI Files. That particular storyline will gain traction in this season’s tenth episode, “Risky Business Class,” which is scheduled to air December 12. Ed star Josh Randall will appear (in what is being eyed as a recurring role) as a NTSB investigator that Sara previously worked with in San Francisco, the city she was employed in prior to joining Grissom’s (William Petersen) team in “Cool Change.” Randall’s Doug Wilson character comes at a time where Sara and Grissom’s marriage is going through a difficult and straining time, and mere seconds after the couple try yet again to connect on the phone. “We have big plans for Sara,” another source shares. “The audience is going to be very interested in a turn that she takes.” Though not able to elaborate on what direction the character will be taking, CSI Files has learned exclusively that Adam J. Harrington, who played Ronald Basderic in this season’s “Code Blue Plate Special,” will return and quite possibly reignite some of Sara’s anger and frustration seen earlier this year. “That’s going to be an interesting adventure.”

There is also talks about wanting Lady Heather to return, but that's just a wish for the time being. Here's a link to the full article
    http://www.csifiles.com/content/201...esting-turn-residual-fallout-for-nick-on-csi/

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm not sure how to take all that in the interview posted above. I can say I'm excited for more Sara, but incredibly nervous for obvious reasons.

3. JorjaFoxFan

I am as well. It's all very cryptic... I would be less worried if there was at the very least a guest appearance by Grissom (especially since he stepped away from Hurt People) but that's not looking too good right now.

I'm glad we're getting a Sara centric story arc though

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah they should have said more. It isn't unheard of for spoilers to say things won't fall apart by the end.

5. JorjaFoxFan

If nothing else, it'll make people curious enough to watch. GSR has been built up too much to end, I don't think that's a possibility. However I do think the writers will be looking for a sort of tribulation towards how far this couple can be stretched, we'll probably be left hanging for a few weeks as I see it playing out.

6. MacsGirlMel

Do we know how many eps the arc is?

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Hey guys

Try to remember the three line rule please

Thank you! :)

ETA:

Excited for the upcoming GSR stuff. I've been longing for some. Bit nervous though but I'll live

^They haven't said, just that it starts in Risky Business Class

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  8. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I'll cover it all to be safe:

It will probably last until the end of the season, if not the beginning of the next one, ideally for them (and the viewers) with a Grissom episode. They wouldn't cause friction only for a few episodes, as there wouldn't be enough time for character development, what with the cast they currently have. If they ever plan to bring Petersen back for an episode, this is their chance. Creating this arc without a single Petersen appearance is pointless.

I seriously doubt they'd split them up, but there are many tricks they can use to make it appear as if they will, so that GSR fans who've stopped watching will restart doing so. For example, the episode with Grissom and Lady Heather sleeping in the same bedroom while Sara was away, was a trick. They can, and most likely will, do the same with Sara and her (new) ex. He might drive her home, or they might go out together, but nothing will be shown to us. I'm afraid we'll still be here speculating 6 months later.

Sure, Sara has been building up anger this season, but if she's so upset about her marriage she can quit/work part time and live with her husband abroad, which was what she wanted to do 3-4 seasons ago. If the writers expect us to believe that this character will change so drastically as to rather stay in Vegas with a job she couldn't stand a couple of years ago, instead of giving it up to travel with the man she's wanted since that seminar in San Francisco, then they'll be disappointed because it doesn't make sense.

If the rumours about Sara's mother making an appearance are true, then Sara might visit her mother when her marriage reaches a dead end or when she has a break down. Grissom has already given up his job for Sara once and has gone after her before, so they can't bring them back together in the same way they did in season 9. It has to be something new.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well said, GSR GR. I pretty much agree with all of it, especially the 3rd paragraph.
    Unfortunately it doesn't make me feel any less anxious about what the writers have planned for Sara and Grissom. But I'll try to remain hopeful that it will be 'interesting' in a good way.

10. JorjaFoxFan

11. MacsGirlMel

Sorry about that.

I like that post. I do hope they get things to make more sense soon. I've wondered as well.

12. JorjaFoxFan

I personally think this story arc could be used to uncover more of Sara's past and where she's at herself as an individual character; as well as where her marriage stands at the moment. If Jorja helped with the creative process there's really no need to worry.

Overall, I'm confident that by the end of S13 we'll have a deeper perspective into where Sara stands, as well as Grissom.

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    As long as they are standing together at the end of the arc, I'll tolerate whatever the writers throw at us.

I am definitely looking forward to more Sara, and learning more about her. She's by far the most interesting character on the show to me. But doing it without Grissom will be tricky; like season 8 Grissom without Sara just seemed odd. It's a terrible cliche, I know, but their characters really do complete each other. I just hope the current writers appreciate that and don't try to change Sara. I like her just the way she is. :). And their marriage would be fine if they would just bring Grissom home more frequently.

Heck, they resolved DB's long distance marriage woes in like 5 minutes. :lol:

14. JorjaFoxFan

I've been re-watching season 5 recently (they've been airing repeats on TV) and to be honest, I almost prefer GSR before they were canon. The little looks, and the subtle statements, etc...
    I really miss being able to watch both characters in an episode, whether or not they even interacted. I'm still pretty upset over Grissom's departure, because the long distance relationship the writers implemented put the cards in Billy's hands because if he never guest stars, they remain kind of unknown. Grissom is an enigma to the show now that we can only judge through Sara's word.

For me, the future of this pairing pretty much rests in the next scheduled episode.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Oh, I'm extremely happy that they finally got together on the show. After teasing for six years it was time. I like that they finally committed. Season 7 was special to me because of their scenes together; a nice dose of little looks and subtle messages. There has never been much dialogue in their scenes, except for Nesting Dolls.

The problem is they got together and then almost immediately fell apart. The viewers have never seen them interact together as a married couple, outside of the skype call (which was lovely).
    So, after a long wait we get a nice skype call, then nothing for over a year, then a plant, and now some impending angst. It's not easy being a GSR fan. Tptb giveth, then taketh away. :shifty:
    I reallize a lot of their relationship in the past has been angst-based, but I thought (hoped) we might be past that.

But, like I said earlier, if this is a means to an end that will solidify their marriage in a stronger way, then I'll take it, angst and all. I'm hoping for a second happy ending, and the name of this thread actually meaning something.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.