Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow, it's hard to believe we are almost at 1000 posts. Especially considering I think this thread started after WP left. Way to keep it alive, everyone!

I thought it was time to start thinking of a title for the new thread. It's a little harder when things are in turmoil, and we are unsure of the direction the ship is going right now, but I would like to think postive. :)

My thought is to just simply call it "Grissom and Sara: A Love Story." It's not that cutesy, I know, but I do think it's sweet and simple, and all-encompassing, whatever ending is given to us. GSR has certainly been a unique love story, and it's been an epic endeavor for a procedural to carry this on the way they have; let's just hope the writers and Jorja and Billy continue their story.

Thoughts? Or other suggestions? Maybe this will get our minds off of the angst for a while.

I hope it was okay to start this, Sharp. :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

In real life people fall in and out of love. I think that Sara or Grissom should seek a divorce. Especially if she's staying and working in Vegas, and he has no desire to
    come back. Just remember it is a tv show.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Of course it's just a tv show. But to many of us here, Grissom and Sara are not just another tv couple; they're special. :) And, at least in my opinion, what the writers are doing to them is not consistent with what we have seen of them in the past 12 seasons, especially since season 7. This is a couple who has overcome numerous obstacles to be together, and now they can't figure out how to make it work? I'm not buying that.

And playing the 'real life' card for the personal storylines doesn't fly with me. We are asked on a regular basis to suspend reality in the way many of the crimes are solved and the way the CSI's behave on the show. Claiming that the way they handle personal stuff is 'real life' is hypocritical, and an excuse.

We all know this is a drama. If they rewrite Grissom and Sara's 'happy ending', it will be for drama's sake, not because it makes any sense, and certainly not because it's 'real life'. And, yeah, that pisses me off. And makes me sad.

4. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Grissom and Sara have now been together for over half of the time CSI has been on tv. Watching them is like being in a relationship with a relationship. Many people, including me, find an escape in their lives. With the declining quality of the cases themselves, the characters are one of the huge reasons I still watch the show. The writers are giving us story lines that are extremely inconsistent with the previous seasons.

Here's my take - it is just as easy for the writers to give us little easter eggs in the odd episode, where someone asks and Sara says they're happy, or where he calls her and she smiles, etc. I know that the writers wouldn't give us so much turmoil to not have something beautiful come out of it.

5. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I don't know if you remember the tv show "Rhoda" from the 70's. She was a character from the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" who while on that show she was looking for a husband.
    Anyway! the spinoff show "Rhoda" she met and married, and for the first couple of season's they were in love, to make a long story short, they divorced because they fell out of love with each other, so it can happen with Sara and Grissom.
    Besides! I thought that he should have been with either Catherine, or Lady Heather.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    I don't really want to get in a debate with you, Criminalist, since you are obviously not a fan of Grissom with Sara, and this is not a debate thread. But, the fact is that they do still love each other; that's not the problem. One of the interviews with one of the writers indicated that. The problem is this LDR, which was contrived by the writers. So, this whole idea of extreme tension between them and their inablility to handle a LDR without severe angst is nonsensical, considering their history, and contrived. And a divorce would be even more inconceivable.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Well, truth is, this is a ship-specfic thread and not the right place to argue or bring up other ships in contrast. But for the sake of argument, one of the main reasons it'd be wrong for them to divorce is the 12-season long character development.

We've been shown their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate even when they don't talk, how far they'd go for each other and so on, so LDR being the only reason for divorce is laughable, really. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't fit. Not that it doesn't happen to people, it certainly does, but this is a story with a beginning and an end. It's a mini Bronte drama, a tale, something we enjoy because we find an escape in it, just like JorjaFoxFan said.

When dramas don't have a happy ending it frustrates us because even if we know they're not real, having been though our own personal dramas in our lives, we want to believe in hope. That at least something went right, even if it's fiction. We also get attached to characters, each one for a different reason, and want to see them end up happy. It's natural. What worked with GSR is that they got together against all odds and that's always a pleasant message in every means of art, be it literature or even a tv show. It's still a story.

But, back on topic, Sara and Grissom don't seem to be out of love for each other. There are no scenes to suggest that (at least not yet). The writers are just playing with the story and have created a new, depressive, arc which can go on for several episodes, if not until the end of the show.

8. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

The love between the two has never been in question, or we wouldn't have seen them come as far as they did. IMO to say they have now "fallen out of love" would be like saying Grissom has turned into a serial killer- implausible, unbelievable and out of character.

What some of uf are unhappy about is the fact that the things writers are presenting us with at the moment go against what we've seen before and therefore do not appear believable/in character.

I appreaciate not everybody likes/agrees with/believes in GSR but a lot of loyal fans do and it is indeed a special ship to many for various reasons. These characters are a huge part of the show that's been going for 13 years now, so it's understandable they mean something to many people.

GSR GR, that's a wonderfully written post, I couldn't agree more: )

9. JorjaFoxFan

Things happen, people break up. Fact of life. No argument there. However when it's in terms of a television show trying to retain a fanbase, a divorce is just an illogical move. Sara was introduced in season one as a love interest of Grissom, and the writers have spent the consecutive 12 years building that relationship into what it is now. If the two were to divorce over something as petty as this, then their relationship isn't as strong as we've been led to believe.

I personally believe that neither Sara nor Grissom would allow so many years of work, and attraction, to be lost in distance. Sure things don't look like sunshine and rainbows now, but we're only half way through the season! We've got an entire story-arch coming up!
    By the end of February, I think we'll all have a little more clarity..

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

It's fine yes, thank you for bringing this up :)

The new thread will be opening soon, does everyone like the name?

Anyone disagree?

11. JorjaFoxFan

Fine by me!

Hard to believe we've actually filled a thread post-Grissom :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.