SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

2. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I guess I just presumed it would be a gradual phasing out of the csi shows. Which imo they should do.

Boycoting the new show? That would be up to you guys in the US. Can't do much about that over here.

Won't the new show have about four or five episodes aired by the time of any anouncement? Is that not way too early to judge if it can take Miamis place?

3. calleigh16

calleigh16 Civilian

Please keep CSI Miami on I want a Season 11. We deserve as loyal viewers to have another season!!!

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Trust me, I don't plan on watching that new show. It looks boring to me.

5. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Now that I am in the US I would love to send a letter asking CBS not to take the show off the air. Can someone please give me the correct, full address I should send my letter to?

6. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I don't know much about American TV, so, maybe I'm wrong
    but I can't understand how NYC22 may be any threat to CSI Miami?
    It's a summer show. Is it really possible to summer show to be moved into fall scedule and vice versa? As I understand summer show is made and aired in summer.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

There's a possibility that NYC22 will get better ratings if more people watch this than watch CSI: Miami. If that happens, CBS could say the writing's on the wall: "Look, this show is doing so much better than the other one, so we'll cancel the old show and keep the new one on--renew it for a full season in the fall." :rolleyes:

FYI, this ran on Entertainment Tonight yesterday. I saw the report--CSI: NY was mentioned, but CSI: Miami was not, when they got around to talking about CBS shows in trouble, or "on the bubble." :confused:

TV Report Card: Who's on the Road to Cancellation?
    http://www.etonline.com/tv/120743_TV_Report_Card_Shows_on_the_Bubble/index.html

8. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Interesting... I thought summer shows for summer and fall ones for fall fand they can't switch places no matter how high or low rating is.
    I always thought if there is a show to be blamed for worsen Miami's situation it's Hawai 5:0. Because it took Miami's timeslot.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Hawaii Five-0 is not necessarily the reason why CSI: Miami is doing poorly. Yes, it did take it's place on Monday nights. But, CBS did a crappy job of moving it to Sunday nights, which is a visual graveyard for shows--Without a Trace, Cold Case, The Unit--all died because of this.

Also, CBS Sports always kills programming because you just KNOW :p that a football/golf/NCAA basketball/tennis game is going to run long, which pushes your show back, and you're the last show in the lineup? Too bad! It's too late--we'll just not show it at all--it's time for your late local news to air. :rolleyes:

Also, the show has been on for a decade, and viewers' tastes do change. There's a lot of factors going on, all of them not good. :(

10. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

All the things you mentioned,mulder42, are factors and then we have the changes that have been done to the show and the characters. While some people like some of them, there are lots of people who don't. Case in point, a lot of people keep begging for Horatio to go back to the way he was in the early years and others keep begging for Calleigh to go back to being the feisty, no nonsense, bullet girl.

On the original question. Yes a show can go from summer to fall, but more significant is that NYC22 was NOT made as a summer show. It was originally intended for the fall line-up, but CBS decided to keep CSI NY so they moved it to a Spring replacement stop. When they had hopes for either Unforgetable or A Gifted Man they moved it to late Spring release, but it was never originally intended as a summer fill in. It may end up that way, but if it does well, they will say, ops, we went with the wrong show last Fall, but we can fix that by putting it in the line-up this fall. And that is why NYC22 is so dangerous to us. It is still thought of by all the reviewers etc... out there as a Fall line-up show that is just waiting to make its debut.

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Those are excellent points you made as well, DCHC. :thumbsup: I'm wondering why they didn't put on NYC22 when CSI: NY was off the air for 6 weeks. That's a "mid-season replacement" show--something a network has waiting in the wings when a new Fall show bombs. I believe A Gifted Man got cancelled, and Unforgettable is up in the air--but Poppy Montgomery is the lead, and fans do remember her from Without a Trace, so I do believe it has a chance for Season 2.

If CSI: Miami does go down, the number one reason will be because of NYC22, and the network not putting enough faith in loyal viewers who will stick with it to the very last second.

I know that the season finale will be repeated this Saturday, so will we get other repeats on Saturday nights as well? NYC22 stole our timeslot! ;)

12. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

We can but hope it's total rubbish then....

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Hi, after much digging online I've found 2 addresses that I can send a letter to.

CBS Television Network
    51 West 52nd Street
    New York, NY 10019

&

CBS TV City
    Human Resources Department
    7800 Beverly Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90036

If anyone knows of any other people/addresses I can write to, please post them here as I will be sending a letters this weekend. :)

14. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

What I don't get is how they can know it's going to be good enough to replace Miami by the time an anouncement is made. 16th May, right? That's 4, 5 episodes. How can you really judge if it's going to be, at the very least equal to Miami's numbers for the rest of the season.

You guys over there always go on about Sundays being one of the worst days to be on. How well do new shows do on Sundays? Are new shows better to air during the week and older shows, with their fans, better left to the weekend?

Why is nyc22 reffered to as midseason replacement? If shows traditionally end early to mid May and Miami finished April, that's not mid season. IMO, it's better to not drag a season, 19 episodes long, out like that. The same way they're doing with ny. 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off etc..

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Did you read that somewhere, fj? About the 16th of May announcement? :confused:

It didn't use to be this way, but in the last several years, Sunday is a "dead" night for television. All the networks used to show movies every Sunday night-not anymore. A movie may pop up once in a blue moon. I think the most recent show to do well on Sunday night is Desperate Housewives, and it's ending this year after several years of success.

NYC22 doesn't neccessarily have to be described as a "mid-season replacement", but the networks do need to have shows available when another show doesn't do well. They may put a show "on hiatus" in the winter, bring in the new show for a few weeks, then bring the old show back in the spring. This doesn't always work. I hope I didn't confuse you more. :)