SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Let's just hope it's in the budget at CBS to allow Miami to go one more year, but in the meantime, I think Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko) should work on AMC buying out the rights of CSI Miami away from CBS. This way, new episodes can be done.

I have seen this before, where a very popular show has been move to another network. In the late 50's, "Leave it to Beaver" was on CBS, then ABC bought the rights to it and that program went to ABC.

Anything is possible in business. I think AMC wants CSI Miami because this could bring them in more revenue and more people watching. AMC is promoting CSI Miami on TV as much as they can, and that is a good thing. They have another crime drama series called "The Killing", it's O.K., but not as exciting as CSI Miami, in my opinion.

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm confused. Why would Adam Rodriguez have any say in what CBS or AMC do with regard to Miami's future? He might be aware of the whispers surrounding the AMC/CBS relationship, but aside from a couple of writing/directing stints, I don't think he's so involved behind the scenes that his wants for the show carry much weight with the corporation(s) behind it. At least I would think the legal side and any purchasing rights is CBS' domain, and is pretty far removed from the actors.

I would just hope that if they did move to AMC to air new episodes (assuming it's a possibility for CBS at this point), the viewership would be strong, or at least remain consistent. I don't know, I think that Miami was a better fit on A&E but if it works for AMC, more power to them. Unless they're talking about AMC funding Miami by paying CBS a buttload of cash for 2 more seasons which they can later air on AMC (whether that's in the realm of possibilities remains to be seen), it would still be good news for Miami either way so I'm for it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Finch,

I forgot where I saw this posted on this Community Board, but someone did post about Adam Rodriguez talking with officials with AMC to go to CBS and buy out the rights of CSI Miami.

I don't have a clue what "politics" Mr. Rodriguez has in discussing this with AMC, nor do I know it is a true fact that he has spoken with the head people of AMC. The most that he has done, that I am aware of besides playing the role of Eric Delko, is that he has produced a few of the episodes of CSI Miami in the last 2 years. In addition, he has done acting rolls on some other TV Shows that I am aware of.

Here's my thoughts, CBS President Nancy Teller has already made an informal announcement that the network is trying to end all three CSI Shows. I double checked this out and the fact that she said this is true, as far as I know.

As I mention, this has been done before in TV's Past, but the TV business has grown over the last 50 years, and things are very different now. It appears to me that Jerry Bruckheimer, the main man over all three CSI shows since the first one was created in 1999, but did not go on the air until 2000, would be the one person to work the deal out with AMC buying out the rights to CSI, especially CSI Miami, being it is a spin off show, and right now CBS has renewed CSI Vegas for next season.

You are correct that the actors, cast, and crew would not have any "Say So" in CBS making a deal with AMC. One side of my says it won't happen until all three CSI Shows are off CBS. By that time, knowing how the public thinks, they will be into something new, and CSI Miami won't be the same as it was on CBS in it's heyday.

People will right now agrue with me about the statement I just made above, but knowing how the general public is, CSI Miami will have been off the air too long to have a reboot on AMC. I can be wrong, but I am just going on "my gut/off the top of my head" business thoughts.

Yes, CBS is going to probably want more than AMC is worth as a network itself for the rights to CSI Miami. I say this because if they ever wanted to reboot it 20 years from now, like they did Hawaii Five-O, they can do it with no strings attatched. On the other hand, it could work, and that is up to how AMC would plan on promoting it and how much ad dollars they have to spend advertising a reboot of the program with other media.

It's all business politics in the media world, and it's hard to predict anything because changes in the media business can happen at the last minute! Let me also add it's a terrible "wait and see" game CBS is doing to loyal fans. But as we all know, they are in it for the money!

Peace

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Mr. Rodriguez has only directed two episodes of CSI: Miami, NOT produced. If anyone on the show would have some pull with the AMC folks, I'd think it would be David Caruso. :cool: This is not to say that any actor, or anyone else that works in some capacity with the show wouldn't fight tooth and nail to try whatever they could to keep it on the air. At least I hope they would. ;)

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Mulder42,

Thank You for correcting my error on Mr. Rodriguez. It's my fault, I should have done my "homework" and research before I posted that. You are correct, Mr. Rodriguez has only directed two episodes of CSI Miami.

I did read somewhere, and I can't say this is a Fact, but I read that David Caruso has had to jump in and rewrite scenes and scripts in some episodes. I assume that Mr. Caruso doesn't have the Directing Lead of CSI Miami, like Gary Sinise does of CSI NY. Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I can't recall the source I read the fact about Mr. Caruso rewriting lines and scripts in episodes.

Peace
    Jimi

6. Chameleon777

Chameleon777 Civilian

HELP SAVE CSI MIAMI BY WRITING/EMAILING CBS

Let me tell you a story...Star Trek The Original Series was to originally be cancelled after two seasons, but the fans rallied and kept it going for one more season.

We, as dedicated fans of CSI Miami, can rally and try and give CSI Miami one final season...miracles happen once in a while if the belief is there...

If you want to help try and save CSI Miami, go on to the CBS website, find their contact information, and email them as many times as possible about your love for the show and why it should be granted an 11th season!

If enough people do this, CBS might see that CSI Miami is loved and allow it one final season! Encourage others to write in their support for the show as well!

7. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Re: HELP SAVE CSI MIAMI BY WRITING/EMAILING CBS

Posting the contact information here would be helpful. I am willing to do it.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Fan input can be important, and I certainly don't want to deter fans from voicing their support for the show, but ultimately it's all about money. I saw this on Marc Berman's MediaInsights blog:

Write to CBS and let them know you love the show. It may or may not matter in the long run, but it will help the producers, writers, and actors feel good.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  9. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I found the blog post you are referring to. Very interesting.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think this might depend on what the reduced money will be. Even GS might have a reduced salary next year IF NY comes back.

11. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Maybe it would help our cause more, if we start tweeting David Caruso, since it seems he may be the determining factor for a season 11.

12. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

See no reason why he should accept this though he might for a few episodes, if only to give it his preferred ending. Personally, I think someone's setting him up to be the fall guy if there is no renewal.

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yeah, where is this coming from all of a sudden? Making Mr. Caruso the fall guy if the show is cancelled doesn't make sense to me. If CSI: Miami is in such dire straits financially, don't make David take a paycut--he's not even the highest paid actor on television. I think that rumor is bogus. :rolleyes:

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Bottom line,it's going to be about the $$$$. We can write letters,we can e-mail day and night and it won't mean anything.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree. I also think it's irresponsible for that Marc Berman to report a rumor that could be coming from anywere.