SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

bill_az
    I think it can be said about almost every country. Detective is a very popular around the world.

It sounds like music to me. If we have another season I'd love to see at least some of your examples realised

2. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Fans of CSI Miami and CSI New York,

Excuse me for my rant (thank you in advace Finch to let me speak my mind.)

Fans,

I just about had enough of CBS and their damn ways of running a network. Some of you on this great Commmunity Board know who I am personally.

I got to thiking about it ths morning about how Star Trek, The Next Generation was saved (and I think it was on FOX) and the network caught all kind of crap over it, but it's high time that we, the viewers, push CBS to the point to where I know how to contact all their sponsors and we all start giving them down the road. "WE WILL NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT OR SERVICES IF THEY LET CBS GET AWAY WITH THIS!"

I say, let's flood Nina Tassler, with so many eamils from us viewers that she can't get her work done. Also the sales division of CBS, and CBS News needs to know we mean business.

This is the ONLY way that I can think of to get them to renew both spin of shows. They need to move Miami to another night, get rid of "The Good Wife" due to who cares about Will Gardner, the nasty attorney, he is showing the examples of dirty laundry and I am sick of seeing that dude's face on TV!

We can make a difference between now and May 16th. All of you, wherever you are, go to the CBS Business Site, and lets get busy. We are NOT going to get anything done, sitting on here whining about it, lets attack (in a legal, peaceful way) CBS and protest! Heck it worked in the late 60's, and they need to understand the world wants to keep Miami on 2 more years and give NY at least 10!

Sorry for my rant, but I am paying Xfinity/Comcast good money for TV Service, the networks need to get off their cans and listen. They can get out of debt if they would just listen to the viewers, because we are the customers they buy the goods and service advertised on CBS, if you dig what I'm saying!

Peace To All:)
    Jimi

3. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

If we do get a Season 11:

Calleigh and Eric should either get married/get engaged/move in together. It doesn't matter to me which one. I'm not a E/C shipper but I want to see a resolution for that storyline FINALLY.

Frank should retire. It's not believable that he could stay on active duty much longer and I'd like to see him go out gracefully. The team should throw him a huge retirement party.

Ryan needs a girlfriend. I feel sorry for him. He is a sweet guy that is always being taken advantage of because he puts himself out there. He needs a good woman that doesn't have any secret schemes. Probably not someone in the lab as those relationships never work out.

BRING KYLE HOME! And we don't need a "problem" do it. They can just say that his tour of duty is up and he can either continue with military service (not active combat) in the US, enroll in college or try something else. But however it's written, I desperately want him to come back. I feel like the storyline has been completely ignored and that is very disappointing as I have been a fan of him since the beginning.

And last but of course not least, Horatio. More than anything, I want to see at least one episode that is centered on him. The plot can be almost anything, as long as it's Horatio-driven. I'd love to see lots of scenes with him and Kyle too. And I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to see him in a new romantic relationship.

Of course most of this is wishful thinking. But if anyone from CBS is reading this, I think these will make the fans happy and they should be done. The main points are wrapping up E/C, bringing Kyle back and giving Horatio some good plot lines for me.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

*Emphasis mine

What I read was that the show was originally sold through syndication to many networks as opposed to being pigeon-holed into one network, like we might see now. Seems like deals kept falling through with the Big Three and the out-right syndication option was eventually decided. The same was the case with Deep Space Nine, as far as I know, while Voyager and Enterprise were on UPN before it merged with WB and CBS to form the CW. Though I do remember Voyager and Enterprise aired on Fox in syndication as well.

While I don't mind signing a petition, I'm a little skeptical that the approach above would be as effective as one might think. Maybe it's just me, but flooding someone's desk with a trillion identical e-mails seems more like a temper tantrum from a small group of fans than anything else--and it probably won't have the same impact as the awareness raised by public peaceful protests. Not to mention no official decision has been made yet, so for all we know, things will work out for another season.

But I would hope that if anyone sends e-mails or letters to CBS, that it be well thought-out and articulated in a way that it can be appreciated and taken seriously. At least I know I'd be less interested in responding in a positive way to a letter that's full of demands, like one is owed something.

And CBS doesn't owe us anything; they provide a product (entertainment) and we choose whether we want to consume it. If there's not enough demand (ratings/demographics), they can cut the product in favour of something more profitable. Sometimes fans have an impact, but I've really only seen such awareness raised in higher executives when it's more of a cult show (Jericho, Star Trek(s), Firefly, arguably Family Guy in its earlier seasons, etc.) and this is rarely the case with a big network drama. It might be because cult shows have such a rabid fan base who make more noise (which isn't a bad thing), while shows like CSI:Miami have more casual viewers who couldn't care less about the politics of it all. You just won't see the numbers, quite frankly.

Yet you've offered before that it's the economy/money/politics that make the world go 'round in the entertainment industry--which is pretty well true, and I'd argue more important for them than the relationship the industry has with the fans.

The only way I can think that would cause TPTB to renew the show is if 1) everyone signs their modified contracts and 2) if there's enough money in the budget, and perceived (or projected) profit to support another 13-19 episodes.

That being said, I'm still a fan and I'm not against another season (if only to give it a good send-off that is better prepared), but I don't want it to go on forever and I accept that it won't.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

We all have our wish list.I would like to see something good fo Ryan(not just a girlfriend)Frank,Walter and Natalia.
    Would also like to meet a member of Ryan's family as opposed to just hearing of an uncle and niece or seeing a picture(which was of Jon Togo's parents btw).

Don't think Frank is quite ready to retire yet,I doubt he's any older than Horatio.Realistically people work even if they are older.I see absolutely nothing unbelievable about Frank working at all.Police are different ages.It's alot more unbelievable if they all were pictured young .

Team driven episodes are great and would like to see that for season 11 as well.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with greatfan that there's nothing unrealistic about Frank still being on active duty. He is not that old. He's probably not any older than Brass on CSI Vegas. Personally, I would like to see Frank get a promotion!

7. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

If you want CSI Miami to get another season then DO NOT WATCH NYC22. If you think that it will not effect the fate of CSI Miami then you are DUMB, for lack of a better word. :scream: If NYC22 does better than CSI Miami even with the delays then they WILL keep it around and ditch Miami.

The cast if full of no names, nobody in that show is a real famous actor. Their salary is MUCH lower. And i can bet NYC 22 is WAYYY less cheap to produce than CSI Miami. SO IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMON SENSE AND WANT MIAMI TO BE RENEWED, DO NOT WATCH THE SHOW AT ALL. peace. :borg:

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well I guess I'm DUMB then. Whatever I watch makes absolutely no impact on the ratings, since I'm not a Nielsen family.
    And I think it's unfair to any new show and it's crew to write it off without at least a look; and FWIW, i have heard of some of those actors. If you don't want to watch, that's fine. But I doubt it will have anything to do with Miami getting renewed.
    Besides, i doubt CBS expects much from it this late in the season.

9. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I watched NYC 22 tonight. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that interesting either. I'm going to have to watch it a few more times before I can really judge it, to be fair.

I am not going to act like a 10 year old child, just because CBS put NYC 22 on in CSI Miami's place, jumping up and down telling people not to watch it. There is many members on this community board, but just not enough to make on impact on CBS's decisions.

I am sure some of the cast and crew of CSI Miami watch NYC 22 tonight. It will be interesting to here commnets from David Caruso, Eva LaRue, and Omar Miller about it in the upcoming weeks.

For now, this "Old Hippie" is not going to worry about it. In a preivious post, I told you if you really wanted to get to Nina Tassler's attention at CBS, then do it. Whining and Griping on here will do no good because they most likey do not know or care about this Commuinty Board.

You have more in life to worry about than a TV show, so just let the chips fall where they do. I am sure David Caruso would tell you that. Now I not saying I'm sticking up for NYC 22, it's new to me, and what I saw tonight was sort of "cheap production" in my opinion, where it takes big time dollars to do one episode of any of the CSI Shows.

By the way to Lego, your comments make no sense, Nelison has no "real clue" how many people were watching NYC 22 tonight, and as I said, this does not have an impact if CSI Miami or CSI New York gets renewed or not. CBS has to look at budget and operational cost, which they are doing right now, to see if they can carry both spin off CSI Shows one more season.

Peace:)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Have to agree with several others on some of the points raised.
    CSI Miami is NOT what it used to be nor are many of the characters,especially H. In many of the recent episodes,H is nothing more than a bully with a badge,beating up suspects and ignoring their requests for lawyer.
    And many of the stories don't grab me the way they use to. Ten years is nothing to sneeze at and the way the season was with the team at the end would be just fine for me.
    As for boycotting the new show,I don't see why they should be punished for what CBS did to CSI Miami.

11. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

We probably don't have to worry about NYC 22 anyways because it failed in the ratings last night. :p

Also, I wrote to CBS via email and actually got a response:

:)

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I've actually gotten that very same response on 3 seperate occasions for 3 very different concerns. I consider it a automated response.

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

We should get one more season because CBS still hasn't made up its mind about it. If we know one more season is coming, TPTB could go about making those changes to Horatio and everyone else that we would love to see. Plus, we'd get a REAL series finale, not just one that's "good enough" to be one. :p

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Even if Miami or NY get one more season, we will be back where we started. Wondering if it will be back this time next year.

15. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

If CBS announced that season 11 would be the final season of CSI Miami and then throughout the season built up to a series finale, I would be ok with that. What I'm not ok with is the half assed, thrown together at the last minute, maybe series finale. The episode was good but by no means does that mean I accept it as a series finale. The fans of this show have been here from the get go and I think we all deserve better.