SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Re: HELP SAVE CSI MIAMI BY WRITING/EMAILING CBS

Hello:

I suggest you send "Snail Mail" than Emal to CBS. Here is a link about the History and Current Correct information about CBS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS

Read up on a little, you'll find it interesting since it's days starting in late 1920's on radio, which was all people had back then. Couldn't you imagine listening to CSI Miami on the radio? Dull hun!

Since last this past Sunday Night, I think CBS is getting hit at their NYC Headquarters. I got to thinking, they don't have to cancel any of the CSI Shows, heck on Saturday Nights, there is nothing on CBS, but some of you may not like the idea of Saturday Nights, but at this point, be blessed if we get any night.

I'll just put it to you kind folks this way, the more Hell we give CBS, the CBS Board *might* give in. I did have a list of all the Board Members of CBS. As soon as I find it, I'll post it, and each board member should get letters from us. I got to thinking, this battle isn't over yet! CBS needs to find it in thier budget in the fall for both CSI Spin off Shows!

Peace and Love to All CSI Fans:)
    Jimi down in Purple Haze Land

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Berman is a legitmate tv insider that is privy to info that we are not. I don't see anything wrong with him reporting this. He analyzes ratings and tv shows objectively; something fans of a show or character cannot really do, IMO.

Besides, hasn't the show always been about Caruso/Horatio? He's the star; the burden does fall on his shoulders.

It's well known that the LV actors have taken pay cuts in the last 2-3 years, and that several actors in the CSI franchise have accepted less episodes to accomodate the budget. Danson and Shue were hired at substantially lesser salaries than the previous leads. Caruso is now the highest paid CSI on TV. I'm sure tptb want him in every episode, so it would stand to reason that his salary would be the next to be cut.

'Tis the season for negotiations.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Why would DC need to take a pay cut when CBS was given more money by AMC for the rights of CSI: Miami for up to two more seasons? Wouldn't CBS have enough money to pay DC what his current salary is?

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm not a CBS bean counter, so I don't know the specifics. My guess is that this syndication does keep Miami on the air.
    But, LV is in syndication at least through 2013, and they have had to cut their budget.
    Just saying I'm sure syndication and international viewing is a factor, but the show needs to, at minimum, pay for itself; and I'm sure CBS wants,and probably demands, a profit.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Agreed, GNRF. It totally makes no sense. Besides, we don't even know STILL if CSI: Miami will be renewed, or get cancelled, so this is a moot point until we know for a fact the show will be back. I read in this week's issue of TV Guide magazine how TPTB are trying to get Ashton Kutcher to come back to Two and a Half Men. He gets paid $700,000 an episode, but the article stated (and its purely speculation on the reporter who wrote said article) that he may even get a pay bump up to the $1.25 million an episode that Charlie Sheen got paid. That's totally insane. There's where your pay cuts should start. :rolleyes: Caruso makes peanuts compared to that.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I can't stand 2 1/2 Men, but I can quote some facts to justify it:

Comedy sitcoms are wayyyyy less expensive to produce. And they generally are more profitable in syndication.

2 1/2 Men makes $252,418 for a 30 second ad.
    CSI:Miami makes $98,027.

Reality bites.

ETA:
    CSI:NY makes $71,909/30 second ad
    CSI:LV makes $135,350

7. Chameleon777

Chameleon777 Civilian

Save CSI Miami Campaign: Listen to the 'Rap' and Write/Email CBS

Help Bring CSI Miami an 11th Season! Listen to the 'Save CSI Miami Rap' invented by me, which can be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH02Bycu6qg

Let me tell you a story...Star Trek The Original Series was to originally be cancelled after two seasons, but the fans rallied and kept it going for one more season. We, as dedicated fans of CSI Miami, can rally and try and give CSI Miami one final season...miracles happen once in a while if the belief is there...If you want to help try and save CSI Miami, go on to the CBS website, find their contact information, and email them as many times as possible about your love for the show and why it should be granted an 11th season! If enough people do this, CBS might see that CSI Miami is loved and allow it one final season! Encourage others to write in their support for the show as well!

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Merged all three 'Save CSI:Miami' threads together. I think one thread should be enough, and will avoid any confusion (and duplicate discussions).

9. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hardline is correct on this. On Line petitions are usually ignored by Big Corporations around the world, and especially here in the United States. It doesn't hurt to sign it, I did, but, it's not going to do any good.

Peace

10. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Yes, there has. CBS has let out to TV Guide and other sources that both CSI Miami and New York are probably going to get axed.

Why? I blame it all on the "Great American Federal Governmnet", getting the United States in debt 14 Trillion dollars, and it affected the U.S. Stock Market as CBS, being a publicly own company took a hit in 2011! Charlie Sheen's crap didn't help either, as CBS had to pay him off "in the millions" for him to go away, and drop his stuip lawsuit against them!

By the way, CBS paid Charlie Sheen more money in a salary, than David Caruso or Gary Sinise, go figure!

Heck, I just double posted again, and I though I was replying on another thread, that now has been combined into one. I apoloigize, and please don't remind me of it! I just screwed up! I guess I am having a bad day.....UGGGG (Sorry Finch, I just now saw your comments above).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ No worries. It should be easier to keep track of all this information now that the threads are merged into one. :)

Here's to hoping for a miracle, however slim the chances may be that Miami is given a little saving grace so they can really wrap everything up at the very least (because I do think the show should end sooner rather than way later). I'm not sure Sunday's finale really qualified as a proper series finale if it had to be, for me. :lol: I would have liked to see it really hyped by CBS, and knowing that the writers could have been prepared for the end to make it count as opposed to being on the bubble, where it's less definitive. A perfect world for me, but not always the case. Sigh. Given the trend lately, I'd argue that all shows should write every finale like it might be their last--because surprise, it might be!

Not sure I'll send anything to CBS but I'll definitely be giving moral support and good vibes. :lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It'd be stupid of them to cancel Miami considering AMC gave them money for two more seasons. They'd be smart to keep Miami going at least one more season, otherwise they surely won't get as much money from AMC. Or maybe since AMC bought the rights to two more seasons of Miami, if CBS cancels it, perhaps AMC will pick it up. And if AMC picks up Miami, that means it won't get delayed by ball games and awards shows. And if CBS cancels Miami, good luck getting another show that will do as well in the ratings in spite of being delayed by sports and stuff. I doubt they'll find a show that will do that well.

Also, its not necessarily true that online petitions don't work. It clearly helped get AJ and Paget back on Criminal Minds. There were way too many people outraged over that situation and CBS seemed to have listened and brought both of them back this season. Although Paget's leaving at the end of the season, but that's by her own decision.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I don't blame Paget for leaving. How they treated her was a disgrace. Online petions can work in saving an actor or actress but in the grand scheme of things..when it comes to saving shows..nope.

14. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Has cbs recently said both are probably gone? I thought that cbs boss said they are going to let go of one.

15. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I haven't seen anything recently that really goes either way for either NY or Miami, but the actors seem less optimistic and we are seeing rumors to blame a Miami cancellation on DC. The only ones who would start those are haters or CBS (as a negotiating trick or a way to get fans to blame him instead of them).

More importantly, and something that fans here and everywhere seem to have missed is that Tassler said that one CSI WOULD be canceled. She NEVER said that 2 CSIs would NOT be canceled. Everyone just assumed that cancellation was automatically limited to one.

It has also been speculated that if NYC22 does well then the chances of 2 CSIs being canceled are VERY high. If you really want to help CSI Miami and/or CSI NY chances (since the choice may not have yet been made, DON'T WATCH NYC22 and get everyone you know NOT TO WATCH.