SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There are shows that have been informed at the start of a season or near the start of the season that it will be the last because the particular network has sense enough to let them know. If CBS could or would do this,the shows could wrap up properly.

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

No, those would be the last seasons (the network would tell us absolutely, positively 100% that both shows would be coming back for one final season), then we wouldn't have to worry about them coming back for one more. :)

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

But they seldom do. Sometimes the writers just have to see the writing on the wall for that.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

True,but as I said,there have been shows that have been informed.It's really not up to the writers to pull the plug on a show in most cases.

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hardline, I told ya that NYC 22 was just a "filler program" just for the summer. The budget cost is inexpensive to do, it's about as cheap to write and produce as "The Good Wife".

Also anytime a viewer sends a letter to a TV Station or Network, the FCC Requires them to answer back to you and the station or network is "Required" to place your letter in what the FCC calls "The Public File". At anytime, any in the general public can walk into CBS and ask to see thier Public File. That is the law, and the FCC falls under the Department of Commerce.

The downfall of the Public File is, these days, the FCC doesn't look at it, as far as content, they just want to make sure you have what is suppose to be in there. Now, this is just in the United States only. For the posters outside the U.S., they have different laws on this stuff that I have never studied up on.

Yes, CBS is required by law to respond to each letter they get, but that does not mean they have to follow the suggestions of the people who write the letters. The bad thing is now the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) is demanding more deregulation and do away with the public file, as it's not important.

Let me also add, the FCC does not get involved in what programs are shown on TV. That is left up to the Networks and the affiliate stations.

Peace

6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

This was posted on TV Guide:

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Thanks for that piece, Theresa. :) I'm really tired of waiting to hear something.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Personally, I find Good Wife quite boring... but then again I don't really care about lawyer stuff in general. CBS would be dumb to get rid of Miami when they will be hard pressed to find anything that would get as good a ratings on Sunday when its interrupted/delayed so much. Miami's ratings are decent for a show with so many delays.

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

10. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Except that they have to pay to produce new shows. Selling content that has already incurred that expense is not the same. Plus, if the show suffers in quality, ratings will sag = lower ad revenue = lower syndication value.

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Did AMC said, they will pick up CSI: Miami if CBS cancelled it? I don't know if they will or not.

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

It'd be good if Miami was picked by AMC and kept on.
    Sometimes it helps considerably.

Like one local tv show in my country. It was on National channel for some seasons until budget cuts and staff fights with broadcasting company led to Commercial Broadcasting Company's channel picked it up (with brand new name) and now it's on season 7 already, running for few years as the most watched tv show with high ratings.

13. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

As far as I'm concerned - all talkings about ABS could pick up Miami are pure speculations (our speculations). Now we all want to believe that miracles never cease.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

There were reports about this happening, but nothing was ever confirmed. I doubt it will happen. Just keep watching the repeats on AMC & WE tv now, since that's all we got. :(

15. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

mulder42
    As for me I've just started my personal Miami rewatch since season 1 and f...k you CBS:devil: