Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Catherine's 'at fault' for using her connections to get Haskell brought to the lab, though I hope the LA guy got fired for not locking Ray's ass in jail when he showed up. Seriously, just stick him in a solo holding cell till it's over, it's safer that way.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I blame the writers for writing Ray the way they did, now the only way to fix their mistake is for Catherine to step down? This is so unfair. :( But then this could be part of the reason Catherine leaves the lab.

3. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

When did Catherine "use her connections" to get Haskell out of prison? I'd have to go back and look at Meat Jekyll again, but I thought she just went over Brass's head (because she knew he'd give her an argument) and got the governor's approval. What would Sam Braun's cronies have to do with getting someone out of prison anyway? Legally, I mean.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, I hope Cath doesn't leave with a tarnished record. Grr.

And yes, DB Woodside is Principal Wood from Buffy. The vampire slayer's son. No idea if he's still in the comics or not, because I don't care for 'em enough to keep up.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

They mention if Danson happens to be recognized with an Emmy for his part on CSI....he would have to be really, really good to get one when none of the rest of the cast ever has, I think.

7. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I haven't seen "Meet Jekyll" lately myself, but in it Brass makes a crack about how, even though Sam Braun's dead, Cath was still able to call in favors various prominent people had owed Sam.

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  9. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Catherine's exact words were "It was my decision, Jim. I called the governor and the governor cleared it through the sheriff." Then Brass made his sarcastic remark about Sam Braun. I got the impression that was more out of frustration with Catherine going over his head then having any basis in fact.

10. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

But it was her team, and at the end of the day, whether it was her fault or not, she is responsible. Langston should have been suspended, or at the very least not allowed to Los Angeles, and the department probably needed a scape-goat.

11. ricker23

ricker23 Victim

Exactly. Back when Holly Gribbs was killed, Brass was demoted or removed as Supervisor. It wasn't his fault that she was killed, Warrick left her alone at the crime scene, but it happened on his watch and ultimately, he was responsible and made the scapegoat.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Although in this case Brass is the one who removed evidence to save Rays ass, he is the one who should suffer not Catherine -IMHO

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yes, but the problem there is no one knows (except Ray) that Brass did that.

I'm still ticked that they had Brass do that. I mean, I loved Brass and now I"m gonna have a hard time with liking him if Cath gets demoted because of him and Ray. That's why I'm hoping that Cath decides to step down on her own. Then maybe I won't feel badly toward Brass.

14. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I've had an issue with Catherine from the very beginning of this whole Haskell mess because none of it would have happened if she hadn't "made a phone call to the governor". But honestly, it started out lame because no way on earth would a CSI supervisor ever be able to go around an undersheriff and a sheriff to get a serial killer out of prison.

So right from the start we entered into CSI fantasyland but of course without it, we wouldn't have had this wildly entertaining and much loved Raskell arc. :rolleyes:

15. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

So long as we're playing the roundabout blame game.....

How about Vartann in 19 Down when he mentions the seminar, that Ray was conducting, to Brass and Grissom ;)

No Seminar - No Ray - No Raskell :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.