Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
vegaslights, have you got any scoop for us? I would love some more spoilers (and not this other stuff).

Oh sweet! I am looking forward to new stuff. I am getting eager for the new season to begin. I am really starting to look forward to Ted Danson's character now after hearing more about him.

I guess all the actors called TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, etc. just to gush about having LF coming on board. Didn't realize it worked that way.

Looking forward to the interviews, vegaslights! :D

Definitely looking forward to new interviews!
I also hope that one might be with George, but will take anything we can get our hands on.

I'm optimistic about Ted Danson joining the team. I think there are actors that are meant to be on TV and TD is one of those people. LF is meant to be in movies, IMO. He wasn't successful on TV just as David Caruso was meant to be on TV and wasn't successful in movies. That might be looking at things simplistically, but I think there's at least some truth to it. Not everyone works well in all genres despite their talent.

I agree with your comparison here, and sometimes simplistically is best! :)
I remember when DC left NYPD Blue, but I can't remember a single movie he was ever in until Miami came out. I also caught the end of Biker Boyz today, and seeing LF in it really reminded me of Hog Heaven. I guess it was the main reason that LF got the bike scene :lol:

A friend came over today while we were watching our lunch time re-run, and finished the episode with us. I asked if he'd heard the news about T.D. joining the cast. He had and he was unhappy about it. I disagreed with him, and am rather looking forward to his character this next season also. There could have been a lot of other worse choices.

There could have been a lot of other worse choices.

Yeah, that's very true. I was on pins and needles waiting to see who they'd get. I was worried that it would be someone I didn't like. When it was announced that Ted Danson was the one they had gotten, I said, "Oh, okay... interesting" and then went "whew!" I like Ted. It seemed like an odd choice at first, but not a bad one, just not what I was expecting I guess. I can't wait to see him in action. I think he'll fit in nicely. :) Looking forward to it.

It's CBS' day at the Television Critics Association get together today and for the first time since 2006, CSI will be having a panel. Members on the panel will include: Ted Danson, Marg Helgenberger, George Eads, Carol Mendelsohn, and Don McGill.

Earlier today, one of the top tiers Nina Tassler had this to say about the show:

~ Ted Danson's character on #CSI is named DB Russell.
~ Nina Tassler is rightfully happy to have Ted Danson as the new #CSI lead. Says they went with the best actor available.
~ As for the ratings Tassle says, "I don't think those numbers will be where they once were, but we'll do very well."
~ Re: Danson "[We] Looked at a number of different choices and he seemed like the right choice."

Also, just spotted this: episode two of season twelve is titled "Tell-Tale Hearts."

^^^
Also from the upfronts and Nina Tassler, from ew.com:

Tassler also addressed the departure of Laurence Fishburne and admitted that he had “very big shoes to fill” when he first joined CSI and how the pressure will be on Ted Danson when he assumes the role of D.B. Russell this season. “The departure of Billy Peterson was impactful, and ironically, you look at how fragmented the team was when Langston came in. He sort of churned things up a bit. So when D.B Russell comes in, he really has to really reconnect the team and bring them back together, assert his authority.”
I wonder if she meant to say "and ironically, when Langston came in he made it worse; he sort of churned things up a bit." Because I don't think the team was all that fragmented when Ray joined. My take, anyway.

Last edited:
It's CBS' day at the Television Critics Association get together today and for the first time since 2006, CSI will be having a panel. Members on the panel will include: Ted Danson, Marg Helgenberger, George Eads, Carol Mendelsohn, and Don McGill.

That's great news :)

Also, just spotted this: episode two of season twelve is titled "Tell-Tale Hearts."

Some casting info "Brooke Butler will play a character called Alison in Episode 12.02 - Tell-Tale Hearts"

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
Also from the upfronts and Nina Tassler, from ew.com:

Tassler also addressed the departure of Laurence Fishburne and admitted that he had “very big shoes to fill” when he first joined CSI and how the pressure will be on Ted Danson when he assumes the role of D.B. Russell this season. “The departure of Billy Peterson was impactful, and ironically, you look at how fragmented the team was when Langston came in. He sort of churned things up a bit. So when D.B Russell comes in, he really has to really reconnect the team and bring them back together, assert his authority.”
I wonder if she meant to say "and ironically, when Langston came in he made it worse; he sort of churned things up a bit." Because I don't think the team was all that fragmented when Ray joined. My take, anyway.

When Ray came on, Grissom had just left, Sara was still gone, Catherine was just made supervisor, Riley was still trying to gel with the team, and they were still hurting from Warrick's death . Sounds pretty fragmented to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back