Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I hope we get some GSR next season and well done for re-awakening this thread. :D

The finale made me so miffed, they spend all season with Langston fighting his urge to kill... whatever his name was and then they just let him do it.

A very large part of me is thinking: Grissom wouldn't do that. XD

We want Grissom!

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Very proud of Sara in the finale. :)

I'm looking forward to watching T2MG again next week. Clearly a standout episode from last season, and the best one, IMO. JFO recently posted an excerpt from an interview with Matthew Jaeger, the actor who played the killer interpreter:
    Here's the JFO link: http://jorjafox.net/2011/2mrsgriss-killer-speaks/

Truly a great episode. But something I definitely do not want to see next season (or ever again): any more of Gil's ex's, PLEASE. I think Sara has been through enough.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Thanks for the article :)

Seeing anymore of Grissom's exes...well I won't lie I want to see Heather again, her appearance in Unleashed was TOO short

And for Julia, I wouldn't mind a little backstory about her and Grissom plus I like Marlee Matlin :)

You know what would be interesting is to see Grissom have a bomb dropped on him about one Sara's exes for a change, since Sara has gotten those dropped on her twice now, could you imagine the look on his face? :lol:

I know I know that already happened in The Accused is Entitled, but they weren't a couple yet and Grissom I think needs to be reminded about that feeling he had when he learned about her and Hank, so he can tell Sara anything else she might need to know about ;)

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I most definitely would like to see something along that line for Sara; I'm all for equal opportunity. Some harmless flirtation would be fun; maybe with a new detective, or something. I miss those scenes between Sara and Greg; but since they have such a nice platonic relationship now, anything other than that would be out of place. However, it wouldn't hurt for the bugman to be reminded he has an awesome wife. Maybe it would keep him home in Vegas more. :)

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Didn't one of the day shift guys give Sara flowers in Hitting for the Cycle? I think both Grissom and Sara are secure enough in their relationship now that previous relationships or casual flirting from others wouldn't be a problem. It's funny seeing Hodges stick his foot in his mouth about it though. :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Mrs. Grissom, if there was an opportunity to bring her back. She was starting to accept their relationship in The Two Mrs. Grissoms, so it would be nice to see that continue to develop - give Sara some 'family' outside of work, even when Grissom's out of town (of course, seeing Grissom in town would be great too :)).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  6. sharp52092

I had forgotten about the day shift guy giving Sara flowers,

Same here :) I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Betty again, hope we do

Or a new lab rat since we need more of them :thumbsup:

7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Hello, fellow GSR fans. Just thought I'd push this thread back into the land of the living by asking a question to anyone who wants to answer. Do you think Sara's acceptance of having such an unconventional marriage is a result of their individual personalities or because they've known each other for so long?

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

The way I see it, it's a bit of both. They weren't exactly young when they got together, so they've both had a lot of experience living apart/alone, even when "involved" with each other. Things like Grissom saying they'd been together for nine years (in A La Cart) probably help reassure her too. She's also had the time away where she came to terms with a lot of her past, so she doesn't need constant reassurance or validation from him anymore. It's hard to define what's "personality" and what's "history" sometimes, because every past experience helps to shape who we are now.

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I think it's a little bit of both also. You summarized it so nicely, I don't even need to add anything. I wish CBS would make a small GSR miniseries so the fans could figure out what these gaps in GSR are all about. They could put it on YT or Twitter every other week, but I'm hoping for way too much.:lol:

By the way, love your last sentence. It's so poetic...I might write a GSR ff based off that. Thanks, Raynn, for charging my creative batteries.:hugegrin:

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I completely agree here. They've always had their own lives separate from one another, but they are still able to have a meaningful life together; and they don't have to sacrifice their own interests to do that. I think it validates their relationship, and their love for each other, even more. It's a tricky thing in any marriage to balance one's own needs with that of your spouse's. I'd like to think that Grissom and Sara have found that balance. Although this arrangement might not be ideal, it works for them for now. And it seems there is lots of trust there now, which is really the key for maintaining a long term relationship.

To AFIS: A GSR miniseries? Now that would be awesome! :lol:

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I agree with the posts just above me. :) Grissom/Sara and Danny/Lindsay (and maybe Eric/Calleigh) are the only ships I now accept on the actual shows these days. I've since come to reject any other ships other than these.

Even if Grissom isn't seen again in the near future, if at all, it's nice to know that his presence on the show hasn't been forgotten by longtime fans. That's why I still like Grissom/Sara and feel joy coming here to post once in a while.

Grissom/Sara and D/L are the only ships I now readily embrace without feeling grief. I've since rejected any further shipping on the actual TV Shows (Fanfiction is a whole other matter).

12. sharp52092

Nice way of putting it :) and of course agreed

A mini series? :) I'm all for it! :thumbsup: Maybe I'll try writing a fanfic and call it that or something, fill in some of the gaps like between The Good The Bad and The Dominatrix and Living Doll, maybe even some the Skype chats they've had lately like right after Unleashed, I could just hear Sara saying "Hi honey, you'll never guess who I saw today" :lol: and Griss has the 'oooh crap!' look on his face

I know belongs in the Fanfic thread

Alrighty just watched TTMG again for the 4th time I think, again loved it, I have one small complaint though but anyway, after that loved it! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Let's see what we get lol

How you know you're a GSR fan

1. Half of your 30-something wallpapers in your rotater are GSR (I love that add on in Firefox)
    2.GSR is your cell phone wallpaper, so they're with you wherever you go
    3.You keep making your Gil and Sara figures (from the CSI game, they're all on my bookcase)make out with each other
    4.Way too many songs remind you of GSR
    5.I like to make jewelry in my spare time, and two of my necklaces have insect beads for GSR...One has ladybug and dragonfly beads and another is a butterfly pendant kit that I bought and expanded on.
    6.It's hard not to think of GSR when someone mentions office romance

14. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Here's a couple more to add to your list, MacsGirlMel:

7. When on a blind date you ask, "So...do you consider yourself a Gil Grissom or a Sara Sidle when it comes to relationships?"
    8. You make fake Christmas cards for GSR every year and give them to other CSI fans as presents.
    9. You study the episodes, Butterflied and One To Go, and you can recite all of the GSR lines from memory.
    10. When people talk about cowboys or firefighters, you're imagining scientists with beards.
    11. Any time someone says, "Do you trust me," you instantly reply with in a sexy voice, "Intimately," even though it doesn't really make sense with the conversation.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What was the cowboy and firefighter part from? I don't quite get it.

The cowboy one would be hard because it sends my mind to Danny/Lindsay first...especially the 'make tracks cowboy' line. But that's a different ship and I'm stopping there.

I was watching someone's fave clips on Youtube and they had the Grissom butt slap scene...I forgot the ep title, but it was the big girls convention. Big Middle maybe? I wanted Sara to be there and say the phrase from my M/S icon. "Step away from my man!" lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.